Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 06:43 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekday Chat started 5/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Monday Morning Everyone..

Another busy week ahead but first I need to get thru this morning..I may have packed my schedule a bit tight...gonna have to make it work LOL.

Had a nice Mothers Day yesterday that ended with Hubby and I walking the dog in the neighborhood. We had not done that in a while and it felt good, the dog however was not so happy, he does not like to walk...Yes I know even the dog is lazy LOL.

Hopefully the last full week of me driving DS around. He goes for his licence next Tuesday. He and DH were out practing parallel parking yesterday for a while. I think that is the only thing he needs brushing up on. All in all he is a pretty good driver.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:48 AM   #3  

OMG Sue, me too!
I brought work home for the weekend and had I done it, I would feel a LOT less overwhelmed today.

Time to dig in.
At least my food is prepped and planned. I know what I'm eating. No stress there.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

tyranny -- Love that you came back to post your one-year pictures. You look fantastic. Would love to hear any tips you have re your maintenance experience -- either here or on the Maintainers thread.

Happy new week, everyone else! Really slacked off on the MFP tracking this weekend, with too many meals out of my control. Need to get back on that today.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 259/222/140

Height: 5'3"

Default good morning

Today is was scale day and i had another good week. I was a little hungry this week but i made it!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Hope everyone had a fantastic Mother's Day (human, 4 legged & furry, etc )

Mine was busy - worked in the yard & garden until 9pm. The girls dusted, washed windows, and vacuumed. DH prepped the garden and clean up the sheds.

Zoodles are my new favorite veggie LOVE my Vegettini

Had a really tough weekend mentally though - this is the time of year we would all normally be kicking back, enjoying the beautiful weather, jamming, watching playoff hockey, sitting in the yard around the fire pit, roasting hot dogs, making s'mores & drinking a few beers.

I maintained though - stayed busy, found other ways to distract myself and the scale rewarded me this morning!

This week is prepping for our music festival / camping weekend. I am planning (food-wise) for things to be simple, but to have quick options available.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/186/130

Height: 5' 1"

Had a pretty good weekend. Saturday we went to BD party and I resisted everything but the veggies-no dip! No cake! Sunday was my birthday-58 years young. Worked in our Veggie garden and our strawberry and blueberry beds. Got our camper ready to go camping this weekend. No worries about food while camping. I am more worried that people we camp with will feel awkward. My plan is to explain the Ideal Protein plan and tell them I may not eat what you would consider regular food for breakfast, lunch or snack but watch me eat at dinner- protein, veggies!
Old 05-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all: Back from a very quick overnight trip (5 hr drive each way) for my BIL's memorial at my MIL's house. It felt a bit difficult going down as he had been sort of estranged from the family (drug & alcohol problems for many years). All the brothers & sisters shared memories of good times with him when they were younger, though, and it was very good for his grown children from 2 different marriages to see one another again and hear those memories.
The luncheon on the backyard patio under the huge firs & cedars in the hot sunshine was great. The food was all on maintenance plan (pretty well), roast beef, ham, turkey deli with lots of fresh veggies on a tray (dip optional), lettuce leaves for wrapping (or for sandwiches in buns), cheeses of all sorts, fresh fruit. I ate well, although too much, and had Perrier & coffee to drink. There was a couple trays of cookies, dessert bars & squares, but being gluten free helps a lot in that regard. Breakfast was a collaborative effort from all us girls staying at the house on Sunday morning. Egg scramble with leftover ham, cheese, and a myriad of veggies in it - with toast and apricot freezer jam for them, piled onto a large bed of lettuce for me.
Tummy was upset the whole weekend though... feeling better back at home this morning. Just the emotions...

Starting a crazy work week due to switching days for time off... New patrol orientation tonight, and then 6 nights straight after an evening off.
I may not be on here much this next week... wishing you all renewed strength.
Liana
Old 05-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #9  

Good morning everyone -
Same for me, Sue & Lisa - an unusually busy few weeks - house moves, extra volunteer work, more going on at work than usual, etc.
Like you said Lisa, the good thing is I know what I'm eating, so that makes things much calmer, and whatever happens around that, I know my health and weight will not be affected.

Liana, thank you for sharing about your trip. I'm glad it went as well as it could. I hope your tummy feels better soon as things calm down a little. I hope your work week goes well.

I had a really great day at my meditation dance party
The day was outstanding, the people that go there and the way they do the day is really cool - there is a kind of depth and care, it's not frivolous and chatty and flirty, everyone is very genuine. They have times where everyone goes quiet and everyone sits quietly, and then it starts again, it's a nice flow, people go to the fellowship room and they have tea and snacks, and then they go back to dance.

I wanted to take a picture for you all of me all dressed up, but I forgot beforehand, and then they don't allow cameras and phones in the room which is also cool because everyone texting and being on their phone can be annoying in big groups of people. There's another one in a few weeks though I will try to remember to take one for you.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-11-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:21 PM   #10  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Clinics in Austin,TX

Hello, I am hoping to get some replies here rather than starting a new thread.
Is there anyone who can wholeheartedly endorse an IP clinic in the south Austin, TX area? It can be in the greater Austin area but I am located in the very southwest area and with traffic congestion it just makes it easier. It has to be one with a one time start up fee and NO weekly weigh in/ measure fee as extra. I love my coach and still have access to her but it is time to find a local coach. I have looked up all the local places on idealprotein.com but would love to get feedback from anyone in this area before paying out any money. I have about 1 month supply of IP products before having to decide.
Also. can you tell me why you like that clinic so much and what they provide for you.
Although I moved from Minnesota to Texas awhile ago and still had access to my coach and product when needed she is now also doing a move and will not be able to do IP in her new clinic which is sad because she is a wonderful coach for IP.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Is there anyone who can wholeheartedly endorse an IP clinic in the south Austin, TX area? It can be in the greater Austin area but I am located in the very southwest area and with traffic congestion it just makes it easier.
Please check your inbox, I will PM you shortly.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #12  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Day 6 of reboot in the books. Looking forward to weighin on Wed for some motivation. I'm still missing my binge foods and wrestle to make the right decision. So far, so good!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:50 PM   #13  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Excellent article on Keto and Adaptation here!
Old 05-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
OMG Sue, me too!
I brought work home for the weekend and had I done it, I would feel a LOT less overwhelmed today.

Time to dig in.
At least my food is prepped and planned. I know what I'm eating. No stress there.
I agree! Knowing that food is planned and prepped is key. Today I need to re-stock, but even with all the craziness yesterday I had my salad ready to eat when I got home to eat it. I really try to plan lunch at home as much as possible. I eat so often in my car that its a treat to sit at home and decompress and have lunch....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon30 View Post
Today is was scale day and i had another good week. I was a little hungry this week but i made it!
Great Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi all: Back from a very quick overnight trip (5 hr drive each way) for my BIL's memorial at my MIL's house. It felt a bit difficult going down as he had been sort of estranged from the family (drug & alcohol problems for many years). All the brothers & sisters shared memories of good times with him when they were younger, though, and it was very good for his grown children from 2 different marriages to see one another again and hear those memories.
The luncheon on the backyard patio under the huge firs & cedars in the hot sunshine was great. The food was all on maintenance plan (pretty well), roast beef, ham, turkey deli with lots of fresh veggies on a tray (dip optional), lettuce leaves for wrapping (or for sandwiches in buns), cheeses of all sorts, fresh fruit. I ate well, although too much, and had Perrier & coffee to drink. There was a couple trays of cookies, dessert bars & squares, but being gluten free helps a lot in that regard. Breakfast was a collaborative effort from all us girls staying at the house on Sunday morning. Egg scramble with leftover ham, cheese, and a myriad of veggies in it - with toast and apricot freezer jam for them, piled onto a large bed of lettuce for me.
Tummy was upset the whole weekend though... feeling better back at home this morning. Just the emotions...

Starting a crazy work week due to switching days for time off... New patrol orientation tonight, and then 6 nights straight after an evening off.
I may not be on here much this next week... wishing you all renewed strength.
Liana
Sorry about trip circumstances...but sounds like you made the best of it. Have a good week.....

WI today. in my IP history this is my up week....just praying it keeps me under 200. Ahh this roller coaster ride we call IP LOL. Anyway I can't complain with 80+ lbs behind me I will trudge on....I may cry if I its over 200 LOL but I will live....
Old 05-12-2015, 07:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Way to go corazon30!

Well another rainy day but I did not use this as an excuse...got up this morning and went for a walk. It is going to be a great IP day with or without the Sun!
Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread