Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 07:09 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy holiday Slip! I hope you were able to get into vaction mode this weekend. When is the trip to Maine?

Liana - hope your dad is feeling better and they managed during your long shift.

I ran a 15km race this weekend and felt really poor by they last 5. Got my TOM later that day so that may have explained the horrible run. Oh well, it was perfect weather and ran with some great friends so that makes it all good. LBs were coming down prior to TOM but now not some sure. Will P1 tomorrow and flush things out with water and see what happens.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

We leave for Maine Friday morning. Busy weekend, cleaning the house and then cooking a Father's Day Feast. Tomorrow, I am going to collapse into a vegetatative state! Actually need to read my book for book club on
Wed. (The Girl on a Train)

Jenny, way to go on the run, sorry that you felt poorly at the end .

Liana, how about an update on your dad? Also, has the air cleared up?

Steph, I am not a lottery girl but the spa idea may motivate me to buy a ticket. How are you managing with all of your work commitments?
Old 06-21-2015, 11:02 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi girls! Smoke has cleared here (we had a thunderstorm for an hour yesterday evening with intense rain) although the fire that was sending smoke our way is only 50% contained - latest stats:
Resources
• 197 firefighters
• 9 helicopters
• 4 heavy equipment
Almost 200 personnel (including firefighters, aviation staff, support staff and an incident management team) are currently assigned to this fire. Today ground crews will be supported by 12 helicopters and four pieces of heavy equipment. Presently 1885 hectares (4655 acres)
An Evacuation Order has been downgraded to an Evacuation Alert. Properties in both Lytton First Nations and Thompson-Nicola Regional District areas remain under Evacuation Alert.

Everyone made it through the loooong night shifts including me, two more nights to go before time off for 4 days. Dad is feeling a bit better but it's been pretty warm and that's hard on your energy when you get to be older.
Not sure if I have mentioned this here (too much going through my brain lately) but DH's mum has been back in the hospital and had fallen while in the washroom there and cut her head and hurt her knee. They found two clots in her lungs and have given her small doses of thinner, but need to watch that as her hemoglobin count is low and they can't seem to raise it. He just talked to his sister down there, and she isn't sure that their mum will even be coming out of the hospital. We may have to make a quick run down soon, and not for good reasons .

Slip, I read the Girl on the Train - a great sort of psych thriller. Not gory, just very cerebral. I liked it. That's all I'll say so you can get the most out of it without expectations. Maine is beautiful, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there.
Too bad your run itself wasn't enjoyable at the end Jenny, but it is fun to do it with good friends!
Hey Steph, I need the 4 lbs off too. Just kinda bummed right now, but I need to acknowledge that I'm still within my maintenance range and 'let go of the bone' for now. Grrrrr, chomp, gnaw! Ah well, 98% of the clothes still fit fine.

OK.... let's all close our eyes now and dream of spaaaaaah - maybe it will come true, lol.

Liana
Old 06-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello all! Made it thru the weekend. The 5k foam run was a blast! DH and I did all of the obstacles, the run didn't seem like 5k, much shorter. I would definitely do another run like that!
Got a text Friday night that my Dad was being taken to the hospital by ambulance. He has some blood clots in his lungs(What is with our parents Liana?) and possibly something wrong with his heart or the stints he had put in 12 years ago, still looking into that. Fingers crossed everything will be ok.
I have to go into work tomorrow for cleaning, no kids this week. We had our wind up parties, 7 parties in 3 days, with a total of 62 kids! Definitely need a break this week. Some of the parents gave us gift cards and presents, nice to know we are appreciated, going to really miss some kids as they leave us and go off to kindergarten!
Back on track with my eating today, I have 3.5 weeks before I am on vacation for my family reunion. The majority of my uncles, aunts and cousins last saw me right before I started IP, so I need to be looking my best! LOL. I want to start running more as well, probably 3 times a week. Today I got in about 4km, so that is not too bad.
Hope everyone has a great IP week.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #95  

Ahhh, want2b... we are going through the same situation with parents, *sigh*. It's tough.

5K foam run sounds like awesome fun, and just what you needed for a great connection with your DH! Think about how different it is to connect with our partners via sport and movement and exercise, rather than food & wine, lol. I think so many couples are focused on the 'food date' they can't see how to connect any other way, not a healthy habit to get into, for sure. No wonder there is an obesity epidemic if all good times are exclusively tied to food.
just random thoughts....
Old 06-29-2015, 08:08 AM   #96  

Hello to all,

Want2b, sending healing thoughts your Dad's way. Glad that you and DH enjoyed your run. The end of your school year sounds hectic!

Liana, you are right about how often we use food to bond!

Hi Jenny, are your kids done with school? What are their plans for summer?

As for me, I am enjoying my vacation in Maine. I love the place that we have rented this year. Relaxation is setting in.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #97  

Slip: Are you relaxing on a lake, in the woods, or by the ocean?? Just the thought of it sounds calming. Just trying to breathe until my vacation in a little over a week. Work like a maniac, then relax/camp, then 9 days of work straight before heading to the coast for a long weekend to see DH's mum. It will be winter before I know it....

Hi everyone!! Hope things are going well...
Liana
Old 06-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #98  

Liana, I am on the ocean. Beautiful view from the deck. It has been a bit chilly here so far. Went to the Maine Botanical Garden yesterday. Heading out today to have lobster in the rough. Yum. Hope you can hold on until your vacation.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #99  

HooHah, lookin' for lobstah...

Huge thunderstorm last night at work - 25 mm of rain in an hour or so and heavy lightning strikes. Beautiful & sunny today, but 10C cooler - 'only' 26C.
For the previous couple days I could hardly move from muscle & joint pain, in fact, I thought I strained muscles in my low back moving furniture and big potted plants on Saturday when we cleaned the carpets. I had a lot of trouble moving around and even getting in & out of the Crown Victoria patrol vehicle. Then within an hour after the big storm - *poof* - I was totally pain free. It was almost instant and I just suddenly realized I felt good for a change. Weird how the drastic barometric pressure changes affect me. I don't think I could ever live in Tornado Alley.

Liana
Closed Thread