Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 05:41 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat May 1-3

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:42 AM   #2  

Happy Friday!

It's Friday! My weekend starts at 3:30 CT.
Happy May!
Old 05-01-2015, 05:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday everyone!! Here's to Spring...fingers crossed!! Have a great day everyone!! WI tomorrow..not feeling as bloated as last week. Someone told me I need to stop wearing the jeans I had on yesterday ..they're way too baggy!! The waist is comfy but the hips and thighs have gotten baggy -made me feel pretty good. Hope Friday passes quickly, it's been a heck of a week at work this week. Grocery shopping tonight, need to change up veggies already sick of summer squash and cauliflower....
Old 05-01-2015, 06:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good May 1st Morning everyone...

Lisa - thanks for the tip yesterday (egg foo young) hadn't thougth of that LOL...will miss the rice much less with that one..

Made out OK with the morrocan food last night...had mixed grill hold the rice. skipped all the aps that the table shared.

working all day to day so need to figure out something appropriate for lunch in the car...Ugh I hate these days...

Busy weekend ahead. Working tomorrow AM, Nieces Birthday Party in the afternoon, Sunday college visit with DS and lunch out on the way home from the college. That is our tradition. LOL

Have a good day everyone...
Old 05-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #5  

Sue: I have lunch in the car more days than not.

Quest bar or Chips and pickles
Spinach smoothie
Chicken soup with veggies already heated in a thermos
RTD and pickes or slaw (slaw if I can actually eat while not driving!)

Those are my most common.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:52 AM   #6  

Ugh. Another small gain today. This week has been horrific. Actually the last two have been pretty bad but at least last week I still managed to pull out a 2lb loss. (I've also not lost any inches in a couple weeks) So a week of gains heading into a weekend that consists of relay for life with all my favorite carnival foods and a trip out of town. It's in moments like these I realize how strong I am. I've not cheated in 6 weeks (haven't even had a restricted yet). Thankfully I do have the NSV to make me feel better. And today is May! A new month. .
Old 05-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #7  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

My husband leaves a week from today and will be gone about 2.5 weeks. I am going to take that time to challenge myself to eat less of the "IP gourmet" cooking I do and more straight protein and veg for dinners. My coach thinks it might be the little soy sauce here, the little WF Amazin' Mayo there etc is adding up. I can eat the same thing day after day for two weeks no problem!! So week 1 I'm thinking sirloin steak, chicken breast, fish, shrimp, sirloin, chicken, fish, most nights with spinach and/or cabbage angel hair. That gives me a low carb and then a high carb veggie. Week 2 I might just do 4 nights of crack slaw (2 lbs ground beef batch) and 3 nights of some other favorite. I'll see how it goes for 2 weeks to see if I will continue the plainer eating or if it does not make a difference.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #8  

Sue: My life is similar to what you and Lisa describe. I am on the road a lot for work and almost every day or every other day need to eat either lunch or dinner in the car to make everything work with the time.
I put my stuff in plastic baggies (I don't like using the plastic but it's lightweight and works, and I rinse and reuse a few times - but it's also nice if I just need to toss the bags at the next destination if I don't want to deal with rinsing out containers etc. They also take up less room in the fridge when I make them ahead of time)
I make up these at the beginning of the week: 5 bags of two cups leafy veg, 5 bags cut raw veg I can eat easily in the car with my hands - usually some combo of pickle, cucumber, celery, red/yellow/orange bell pepper.
For the protein for IP packet I used chips, or for meat grilled chicken.
Sometimes a drink for the IP.

Sometimes if I know I can sit in the car and eat it before an appt., I will make more a salad, or like Lisa said, try to heat up some soup ahead of time.

Now that I am on Maintenance I still keep a bar with me, often an RTD, and also I bag up small portions of nuts and try to keep some celery with me because it travels well and in a pinch I can always eat a bag of celery and some form of protein.

I don't really like grabbing food when I'm out - no matter where I go there is so much extra salt and sugar and things in it, and also if my time is tight enough that I'm eating in the car then I don't have time to stop anyway.

I had a well meaning "food behavior expert" (self described, not trained) offer me some unsolicited advice once that I shouldn't be eating in the car and should be sitting somewhere really contemplating what I was eating and not being distracted. What was funny is I was almost at goal then, and she clearly had food issues.... and all I could think was "what I am doing works for me, and I'm healthy". Clearly she triggered me a little but the trigger was good because I think I had a "should or should not" about it and could really just drop it and see that it really didn't matter where I ate - what mattered is what I ate, and staying on my own personal program. I would rather be a little imperfect and distracted at times and healthy then "perfectly overweight" and unhealthy. That's part of why I had to give up my focus on eating organic whole foods for a while and eat the processed IP stuff. Now on maintenance I'm back to my whole foods, but soooooooo much better off. It was worth it.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-01-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #9  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for the tips on eating on the go, Amber! I definitely needed them - just found out that work is sending me into Baltimore tomorrow and next week.

Slightly nervous about the riots, slightly nervous about lunch. :/
Old 05-01-2015, 11:53 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Thanks for the tips on eating on the go, Amber! I definitely needed them - just found out that work is sending me into Baltimore tomorrow and next week.

Best wishes for your travel Shark Let us know how it goes.

Also there is a great travel suggestions thread for those of you who travel a lot, I'll bump it up so you can see it on the first page. Ro22, you have probably seen this one, but if not, you might like it.
Here is the link also: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-warrior.html

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-01-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #11  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Best wishes for your travel Shark Let us know how it goes.

Also there is a great travel suggestions thread for those of you who travel a lot, I'll bump it up so you can see it on the first page. Ro22, you have probably seen this one, but if not, you might like it.
Here is the link also: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-warrior.html
Thanks Amber! I love that you frequent the board to help guide us padiwans...
Old 05-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #12  

ahhhh.... but I am but a padiwan also

I have time at work where I am just waiting for someone and can check in here, and it's pleasurable for me, first of all, but also right now it just keeps me on track by writing and posting and reading. The first year of maintenance is a critical time for me, and whatever social support I have is important. It is part of my program to check in here.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-01-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Happy Friday everyone!! Here's to Spring...fingers crossed!! Have a great day everyone!! WI tomorrow..not feeling as bloated as last week. Someone told me I need to stop wearing the jeans I had on yesterday ..they're way too baggy!! The waist is comfy but the hips and thighs have gotten baggy -made me feel pretty good. Hope Friday passes quickly, it's been a heck of a week at work this week. Grocery shopping tonight, need to change up veggies already sick of summer squash and cauliflower....
Great NSV with the jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplchaos View Post
Ugh. Another small gain today. This week has been horrific. Actually the last two have been pretty bad but at least last week I still managed to pull out a 2lb loss. (I've also not lost any inches in a couple weeks) So a week of gains heading into a weekend that consists of relay for life with all my favorite carnival foods and a trip out of town. It's in moments like these I realize how strong I am. I've not cheated in 6 weeks (haven't even had a restricted yet). Thankfully I do have the NSV to make me feel better. And today is May! A new month. .
You are strong and you can stay OP this weekend! Enjoy the relay and your trip out of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post

Safe travels

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend, We still have a ways to go before it's everyone else's version of spring, but we are getting some milder temps and the snow is slowly disappearing! I'm still waiting to celebrate double digit temps
Old 05-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #14  
~Erika~

Checking back in after an absence. I lost 25 pounds on IP with alternatives last summer, maintained it through the fall, and planned to start again in Jan. 2015 (I have a lot more to lose). I've been trying get back in the zone off and on since then with no more than 5-10 pounds here and there, then I fall off the wagon.

I realized the thing that's been missing is reading this board daily. I never posted much but I read every post and need to do that again. So here I am - starting again tomorrow. Thank you to all who post - it DOES make a difference, even to those of us who don't say much
Old 05-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I think that I may be coming to the realization that I may not get back to 132 lbs again without a whole lot of focus... BUT because I have been exercising a bit more, at 135 the sz 2 & 3 jeans are fitting again, just a little tighter in the thighs, then again, I build muscle faster than I lose fat, lol. So although I was up a lb and a bit from my last weekend weighin, I still fit the jeans. I may have to give up on the high waisted non-stretch Wranglers, sigh. They do go on, but seriously I should not be seen in them!

Liana
Closed Thread