Old 05-03-2015, 11:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bigdogs View Post
Beth Typical day:
Breakfast: 2 egg whites scrambled
10:00: IP orange drink or the blueberry cranata drink
lunch: always a big salad w cup of spinach, rest of veggies w cukes, celery, onions w oil & vinegar and seasonings. Also have IP chocolate coconut bar or a quest bar after lunch or at least 1/2 of one.
Mid day: IP bbq crisps spread out until dinner or another IP drink.
Dinner: green beans, asparagus or broccoli with chicken or fish and salad with Walden Farms. Usually use my olive oil tsp in preparing those.
If I have 1/2 of bar left I have that.

Mfp usually shows 750 to 800 cal/day although I've gotten up to 925 a couple of times
I know you have done well but imvho under 900 k/cal everyday is awful low. Also, your body may be asking for a shake-up. Given any thought to adding healthy fats and bumping your calories a bit? Maybe 2 whole eggs for breakfast? Salmon, pork, red meat a couple times a week for dinner? what HS your coach suggested?
Also, and this may just be me, I had to give up on the Quest chips as a meal protein - a snack is ok, but as the primary protein - oh no...those things make me want to eat the house (but chips - like Dorotos - are my greatest weakness).
I would be curious to see what Amanda or Lisa would advise.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 193/161/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Beth Typical day:
lunch: always a big salad w cup of spinach, rest of veggies w cukes, celery, onions w oil & vinegar and seasonings. Also have IP chocolate coconut bar or a quest bar after lunch or at least 1/2 of one.
Dinner: green beans, asparagus or broccoli with chicken or fish and salad with Walden Farms. Usually use my olive oil tsp in preparing those.

Mfp usually shows 750 to 800 cal/day although I've gotten up to 925 a couple of times
Holy smokes MFP is usually 950-1012 calories!! My body needs more calories or it thinks it's starving. You eat such a nice variety of veggies too. I'm boring and eat the same thing.

I ordered peanut nougat bars from proti-thin and my goodness. It's just what I needed for my peanut butter cravings. I stuck on in the freezer that way it will take longer to eat.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:23 AM   #18  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Hi everyone! Thanks for starting a new thread, wow here we are in May and still going strong. Kudos!!

Not much to report on my end, except that (hallelujah) I think Aunt Flo has finally come for a visit, it's been 52 days and I am so so relieved. Maybe my body is finally resetting itself and I can get back to some more reliable losses and (hooray) we can TTC again.

I just got back from a girl's weekend in Brussells, I went keto for a couple of days instead of trying to manage IP (since I only have shakes or bars, and my bars are restricted). We had a great time and the girls were very supportive of my food choices, albeit a little confused by it! A huge NSV for me, because they were all about the waffles, chocolate, beer, and moules & frites that Belgium is known for - and I enjoyed smelling all those things but didn't eat any of them. Well I did have a LOT of moules, but that was totally allowed

Best wishes for a great week!
Old 05-04-2015, 05:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

I agree with kd MFP for me usually comes in around 9-1000 calories, still in P1.
Yes, Beth fortunately, just a biopsy, so I can stay OP. Just without the supplements.
Happy Monday everyone- Hopefully it won't be a super stressful week at work, but I think I'm just kidding myself. Going to try to cling to positives, and just eep plugging along.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 4'11"

luckydvl You sure are a lucky devil, Belgium for the weekend, kinda jealous! Awesome willpower saying no to the frites!!! Sounds like a wonderful getaway.

Beth MFP shows my total calories at between 800-1000 calories as well. I'm now eating 8oz of cooked protein so if I'm eating fattier protein I try not to eat a restricted pack. I think my calories were too low, upped them a bit & had a loss (according to my scale) of 2lb, WI tomorrow so I'll know for sure.

Yesterday was a rough day, dragging a bit this am. I was dropping my son off to start his trip (he'll be biking part of the east coast to finish his circumnavigation of the US, then on to a cross country ride through the middle of the country). We were on the road at 7:30am and I got home at 1 am. Glad to report that I didn't have any issues staying compliant, I packed and we ate one meal out a big chicken spinach salad for me .

Last edited by Gem9117; 05-04-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdramalover View Post
Holy smokes MFP is usually 950-1012 calories!! My body needs more calories or it thinks it's starving. You eat such a nice variety of veggies too. I'm boring and eat the same thing.

I ordered peanut nougat bars from proti-thin and my goodness. It's just what I needed for my peanut butter cravings. I stuck on in the freezer that way it will take longer to eat.
kdl - my k/cals now fall right about in that range too according to MFP

I know I have quite a bit more to lose still but am averaging -2.5 pound per week with the following:
avg calories = 910 (NET, which accounts for exercise too)
macros = 50% protein / 30% fat / 20% carb
I love the new MFP - it really breaks everything down - ie, I can now see my macros regarding caloric intake throughout the day - 20% breakfast / 30% lunch / 40% dinner / 10% snack

btw - the peanut nougat sounds so tempting! mmmmm

Lucky - was thinking about you this morning - glad to hear TOM finally showed - crossing my fingers as you ttc again!

Destony - hope it's not too bad at work. I have to change up my supplements - my blood work Friday showed a fairly elevated iron level (not dangerous, but note-worthy) so I have to go and find a multi-vitamin with low B12 (I don't process B12 very well ) AND no iron

So I am still steadily plugging on weight loss: -2.4 on Saturday (officially). I am now below my lowest weight from 2013 - so this is the lowest I have been since 2005!!!!

I have bounced up since then, as usual, & because of TOM. It is really cool getting to know my body and it's various fluctuation I am no longer bouncing back up into the "2"s anymore and that's huge in my books!

Also, an NSV - wearing a pair of 14 work slacks, comfortably! Even at my lowest in 2013 these pants were too snug / horrible muffin top.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 193/161/150

Height: 5'5"

hysteria-193 is pretty awesome!!

destony- keep us posted about the biopsy. In my prayers. I hope you don't feel too wiped out without the supplements.

Lucky- stated keto in Brussels?? You're will power is a force to be reckoned with. I would have failed. I know myself.

Hello everyone else!!

My body just loves being in the 160's. Why else would it hang out here for so long. My body also loved being 180's too. My body loves to be big. My body really pisses me off sometimes!!

I don't ask for much in life. Just enough money to pay the bills and take a vacation now and then. I'd like to eat more freely without my body holding on to everything as if I'm never going to eat again. I know 80/20 rule time will come for me.....but seriously my body must be part sponge. Enough of my tangent. have a great day.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #23  

kdl - I truly believe there are 'sticking' points where our natural biology kicks in and says "I like it here - nanny, nanny, boo, boo" - I felt that way from 198 - 205 ish...which is where my weight was (give or take) from 1996 - 2003. I remember when I got to 150 in 2004, I stuck between 175 - 180 (another 'sticky weight' - 1990 - 1996) and it took, what seemed like, forever to break through to the 160's
& trust me - I hear you on the eating...I really hope the science of this diet proves right and this is truly a 'reset' for us all.
hang in there! You got this
Old 05-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #24  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks for looking at my daily food beth, I have salmon twice a week but don't eat beef or pork. I like the idea of upping fat, I think I would feel full longer. Anyone have any ideas what food source I could use other than animal source? And still stay IP compliant? My coach has never looked at my daily food diary.

Good luck Linda!
________
Mary
Old 05-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #25  

Quote:
Thanks for looking at my daily food beth, I have salmon twice a week but don't eat beef or pork. I like the idea of upping fat, I think I would feel full longer. Anyone have any ideas what food source I could use other than animal source? And still stay IP compliant? My coach has never looked at my daily food diary.

Good luck Linda!
________
Mary
Mary - just for kicks would you be willing to post this on the main chat to see what responses you get? I can't believe your coach hasn't looked at your food diary

Are you getting a restricted? I guessed the Quest bar is your restricted, correct? B/c there are a couple considered non-restricted (strawberry cheesecake & apple pie I believe).

Would you be willing to start by switching out the egg whites for whole eggs? That would immediately add fat / calories / protein (from 34 / 0.1 / 7.2 to 140 / 10.6 / 12)
Old 05-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #26  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

Beth I did that today, I thought that was a great idea. I've been eating the quest cookie dough bar as a restricted some days. Yeah, the coach has never asked. She always says I'm doing fine and I guess I am but I feel like I am really "white knuckling" it right now. It feels hard.

All these weeks have been pretty easy but all of a sudden I feel hungry most of the day, even after eating. Maybe I'm just not managing myself well.

I should add that it is gorgeous in Central Texas right now and I spend a lot of time gardening so maybe I'm burning more cals than I was in the winter months. I may start adding another protein pack to experiment.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #27  

Mary - I hope your coach is useful in other ways b/c imho I think they kind of dropped the ball - especially if you have mentioned the "white knuckling". I mean, we ALL have those occasional days where we feel like we could eat the whole pantry and go back for seconds - but it definitely shouldn't be a daily issue
Oh yah - gardening counts I am already prepping ahead for this coming weekend when we will be putting approx. 20 different fruits, veggies, & herbs in the ground digging, planting, walking, mulching - gonna burn some k/cals!
Old 05-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #28  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Beth Typical day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
I know you have done well but imvho under 900 k/cal everyday is awful low. Also, your body may be asking for a shake-up. Given any thought to adding healthy fats and bumping your calories a bit? Maybe 2 whole eggs for breakfast? Salmon, pork, red meat a couple times a week for dinner? what HS your coach suggested?
Also, and this may just be me, I had to give up on the Quest chips as a meal protein - a snack is ok, but as the primary protein - oh no...those things make me want to eat the house (but chips - like Dorotos - are my greatest weakness).
I would be curious to see what Amanda or Lisa would advise.
Anything below 800 is too low, you should be looking for around 850-950.

Personally, I'd be making those two egg whites for breakfast into 1 whole egg and 2 whites at a minimum, or a straight two eggs. Why? When I look at your choices I don't see the higher fat content packets (like the soups, or the chili or the chicken a la king or a pudding). So you have some headway there for more healthy fat and most people are light on protein. Eggs are a perfect source of both fat and protein.

Having sufficient protein is essential to retain your body's lean mass while burning fat. In an ideal world you'd be looking for 0.7grams of protein per lb of body weight. I use the half a gram per lb method as a minimum. Having higher protein is not going to inhibit loss unless you are high on all your macronutrients, because of the order of preference for fueling by nutrition in the body. As you have already depleted the body's first choice (the glycogen stored in the liver and muscles) in the first week of IP, your body then looks to carbs, then fat, then protein, to synthesis into glucose. When these are depleted the body starts burning your white fat cell contents as energy and produces ketones, which are used side by side with the glucose from food.

The advantage to having sufficient fat in the IP diet is that it also keeps you from suffering constipation. Many people don't take prebiotics or digestive enzymes which naturally help with this, so the "natural" alternative is to make a small increase to the healthy fats.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:57 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the good wishes everyone!!!!
So wild, just input my breakfast, lunch and snack into MFP and I'm already at 39 net carbs. Maple oatmeal (new) 1.5 ccauliflower "potato" salad, 1/2 c leftover grilled asparagus and premade mango drink. Snacks are celery for this morning and choc mint bar for afternoon snack. Now, I am pretty much eating the same exact (exception caulk salad) as I have the whole 11 weeks prior to this (I only recently started tracking on MFP with the diet) they've changed a lot since I last used it. Is anyone else super surprised at their carb counts?
Old 05-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #30  

If you eat Quest bars, read the Weekday chat today. Not all quest bars are created equal. Some of them are even more calories/fat/carbs than a restricted. For example the cookie dough bar would be considered super-restricted or only once/week.

There are many that worked really well, but always check your labels carefully.

Have a great day!
Closed Thread