1tubbychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #32  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tubbychick View Post
Hey there, Emma!

Thanks so much for paying attention 😘 I crashed this weekend, going out to dinner with the family 😫

Would you be open to doing accountability lists with me?

I will gladly post my daily eating plan and post whenever I feel like I'm faltering.

Thanks again, lovely Ladies!!!
WELL - I am no poster child for Ideal Protein that is for sure. I danced around IP for a few years now, kinda sorta done it, but this is the first time I am committing for a period of time (4 months, then I'll see where I am then). I struggle with binge eating (pretty much eliminated when I go low carb) but I still have some black and white thinking that I have to get past.

Some good advice that I try to follow is again from the famous Beck Diet Solution book - she has you pick out at least one backup diet to your main plan. I would not recommend "cheating" on IP at all - but if you are going to, use a backup plan - other low carb, calorie counting, South Beach, etc. At least then maybe you won't do too much damage and retain a feeling of control. That's my strategy at least. For example: Cheetos! If you have decided that you are going to eat them (and YES it is a decision), at least you could do so with a calorie-counter mentality, noting that 1 serving (probably a handful or so) is going to be something like 150-180 calories (which is already a whole meal on IP!) Just a thought. But like I said, it really isn't a good idea to cheat if you can find a workaround. Sometimes I bring chip and pretzel-type protein snacks to events so I didn't feel like I was missing out too much. The number one best idea I have to avoid cheating is to not get hungry. Hungry brain makes very bad choices!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa34t View Post
OMG!!! Thanks for your response. This has been very helpful. The thread was also helpful. I'm going to order a few variety packs today!
You are very welcome! I liked having the list together for myself as well. I posted the list on the alternatives thread as well and I found four more variety pack on Nashua while I was looking for other things. I have added a few more packs to my Nashua wish list. It is so fun when the box arrives but so hard to pace myself when I want to try everything.

I hate buying a whole box of something I am not sure about. If enough people say they like something I might take a chance - I did that with cheesecake pudding that everyone was raving about. Ick. Then I had to get through 6 more packets of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
I fell off the bandwagon 10 days in. I went from 147 to 137 and I cheated with bread last night at dinner with the family. It was really nice here and we went to NYC to shop and had dinner at my favorite restaurant Angelo's and I crashed!!!! everyone was sitting outside and we were enjoying it so much, but my bad!!!! I dont know why i do this because when we tried on a few dresses a few hours earlier and i looked at myself in the mirror i got super depressed at the sight of myself. A size 8 skirt wouldnt even go up my leg so i self sabotage allot not sure why
Aw, it sounds like you had a great time with your family, don't beat yourself up too much about the bread. As I tell myself, it's all a learning experience, so what can you take away from that night? To keep the bread basket far away? Ask the waiter not to bring it? Tell yourself 'yep, it's delicious but at this stage of my dieting journey it is not for me'? Remind yourself that you can wait X amount of time until you are in maintenance and find a way to work it into your plan? There are a lot of options. None of which taste as good as the bread of course but they make you feel good in a different way. That is something I always have to remind myself if I can get past the moment of temptation: I have never once regretted NOT eating the bread/whatever and often feel quite self-congratulatory if I manage to resist. But yep, it's hard. Especially if you are starving before dinner comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon30 View Post
Im in week 2 and i want Chocolate! need to order more something from Nashua, I'm out of everything sweet! only healthy stuff left!
I like the Quest Chocolate Peanut Butter bar and Brownie something bar (I don't buy that one any more, I only buy the "naturally sweetened" ones but it is tasty) for a chocolate fix. There are also tons of hot chocolate mixes on Nashua, which are great for chilly mornings. I agree, I would like to get away from the sweets but especially in the beginning stages of this diet, sometimes my Quest bar is a treat that keeps me on plan (like when everyone around me is eating pancakes!) Whatever gets you through the first stages to develop better long-term habits!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #33  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

Don't forget that you can also have herbal teas (the Celestials Lemon zinger and raspberry zinger are nice, there's a peach one that is great as an iced tea!) with splenda or stevia to sweeten to taste! And, you can even mix the herbal teas with crushed ice in a blender, freeze it into a sorbet and enjoy a refreshing dessert totally free of IP cost! How's that for a sneaky non-cheat?
That is a GREAT idea, esp for hot summer days. cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamara View Post
Then, I made sure I prepped a lot of both proteins and veggies as possible. Even just portioning things in advance saves steps later. I put a lot of things in the freezer. ...
Recommit yourself. Make your kitchen IP ready! Make it happen.
YES! I need to get better about this. One of my biggest problems is getting too hungry and not feeling like prepping and cooking.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #34  
Kitty

S/C/G: 200/181/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Good goin, IttyBitty! You are the same height as I am, with just a teeny bit more in your goal to lose and close in maintenance weight! It can be done, as you know.
See you on the maintainers threads soon, eh?
Liana
You betcha, Liana! Glad to see another Canadian here. Only 1 lb to go for you, that's so exciting! How long have you been on the program for?

Catherine
IttyBittyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi IttyBitty... I've actually been in maintenance for 14 months today. I don't play much with my ticker anymore, lol. But I have a maintenance range of 6 lbs or so; a couple below and 3 above 132. In maintenance you need to have a range since our bodies differ in what they weigh day to day due to TOM, colon contents, amount of water drunk, sodium, exercise, (see water lol), etc, etc. There's no point in stressing about small changes up & down, just continued up changes.
There is a Canadians on IP thread here - but it doesn't get posted in too much since it seems to be mainly about how to find alternative vitamins and protein packs on the Internet that deliver to us and aren't US priced.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #36  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
WELL - I am no poster child for Ideal Protein that is for sure.

I hate buying a whole box of something I am not sure about. If enough people say they like something I might take a chance - I did that with cheesecake pudding that everyone was raving about. Ick. Then I had to get through 6 more packets of it...

I like the Quest Chocolate Peanut Butter bar and Brownie something bar (I don't buy that one any more, I only buy the "naturally sweetened" ones but it is tasty) for a chocolate fix. There are also tons of hot chocolate mixes on Nashua, which are great for chilly mornings. I agree, I would like to get away from the sweets but especially in the beginning stages of this diet, sometimes my Quest bar is a treat that keeps me on plan (like when everyone around me is eating pancakes!) Whatever gets you through the first stages to develop better long-term habits!
Don't have to be a poster child, just have to keep coming back until you get where you want to be! Looks like you've got that part under control already!

That cheesecake pudding from HealthSmart? Yep, I hear you on it ... not the best tasting, but when you add a packet of the Real Lime lime powder to it, it changes it into something that is very tasty indeed. We made some key lime tartlets (using the oatmeal packet to make a pseudo-pastry) the cheesecake and lime sachet and a couple of slices of lime on top when it had finished setting in the fridge. Pretty sure it's a popularly pinned recipe on Pinterest if you want to give it a look!

The Quest bars are interesting, and it always amuses me how much our taste buds differ from others. Some of the really popular ones here make me gag - either because they are too sweet, or not sweet enough.

One of the things that may help some of your fellow May starters is knowing that if you prefer the higher fat content and sugar content ones .. you don't have to eat the entire bar in place of a meal. Split it over a couple of days to bring the carb/calorie/fat macros more in line with an IP bar. The beauty of the Quest bars is that they keep pretty well in a ziplock baggie and, they can be re-textured by heating in the oven or a quick blitz in the microwave.

Last edited by Briael; 05-05-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:10 PM   #37  
Kitty

S/C/G: 200/181/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi IttyBitty... I've actually been in maintenance for 14 months today. I don't play much with my ticker anymore, lol. But I have a maintenance range of 6 lbs or so; a couple below and 3 above 132. In maintenance you need to have a range since our bodies differ in what they weigh day to day due to TOM, colon contents, amount of water drunk, sodium, exercise, (see water lol), etc, etc. There's no point in stressing about small changes up & down, just continued up changes.
There is a Canadians on IP thread here - but it doesn't get posted in too much since it seems to be mainly about how to find alternative vitamins and protein packs on the Internet that deliver to us and aren't US priced.
Liana
Wow, such a great feat. Congratulations!

Oh, that water...haha

I actually did post in the Canada thread as well, but seems like there's only crickets and tumbleweed round those parts

Have you purchased any products online? I was curious about how it would work purchasing products that were made in Canada, but sold in the US. I would assume that we wouldn't have to pay any duties on the products, but I could be wrong. With the really low exchange rate, the last thing I'd want to do is get dinged on customs.
IttyBittyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:16 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

IttyBitty, I saw the post in the Canada thread, but haven't bought from Nashua nutrition - they don't have a lot of gluten free choices that I have noticed and every other site I try - it's cheaper for me to buy locally, Vega, GNC, etc.
BTW, I see the Canada IP thread has been closed, probably due to lack of use, lol. There are a few of us around here though... just check out the info on the side under the avatar pix and often the general area where someone lives is posted.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 259/222/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Cinco De Mayo

I want all that MEXICAN FOOD!!!! sigh

not Bueno....

Dora
Corazon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:54 AM   #40  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
That cheesecake pudding from HealthSmart? Yep, I hear you on it ... not the best tasting, but when you add a packet of the Real Lime lime powder to it, it changes it into something that is very tasty indeed. We made some key lime tartlets (using the oatmeal packet to make a pseudo-pastry) the cheesecake and lime sachet and a couple of slices of lime on top when it had finished setting in the fridge. Pretty sure it's a popularly pinned recipe on Pinterest if you want to give it a look!
Perfect timing! I just discovered I have 3 more packets. I was thinking of using them in smoothies but I will try this.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:14 AM   #41  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:

not Bueno....

Dora
oof that's a hard one... hopefully you survived cinco de mayo...

For future, what are some things that might satisfy the craving? Fajitas without the tortillas (and the cheese, sour cream etc)? Maybe salad with lime juice and salsa as dressing, taco-flavored meat (or for me, fake meat )? Maybe shrimp cocktail (but I would be worried the sauce has sugar in it)? I really don't know yet. Maybe post in the main chat to see if anyone has ideas?

Here are a few ideas that appear to be IP-compliant or easily modifiable, if you are in to cooking:
Chicken Salsa Verde. Includes Mexican cauli-rice.
Mexican Lime Chicken Soup
Fish Taco Cabbage Bowl (sub Walden Farms mayo?)

Don't know if this helps. I would love to think of more ideas... I love Mexican food

Last edited by EmmaD; 05-06-2015 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:20 AM   #42  

Quote:

not Bueno....
I planned a taco salad at home. It was yummy and I didn't have to do crowds of drunk people at some "celebration', which is really just a reason to overindulge. Asparagus guacamole was the treat and my "dressing"
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Perfect timing! I just discovered I have 3 more packets. I was thinking of using them in smoothies but I will try this.
I hated the cheesecake pudding as pudding, but it makes excellent waffles.

1 pudding packet
1/4 tsp salt
3/8 tsp baking powder
1 egg or 2 whites
enough water to make achieve normal waffle batter consistency

Cook in preheated waffle iron until steaming stops.
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
oof that's a hard one... hopefully you survived cinco de mayo...

For future, what are some things that might satisfy the craving? Fajitas without the tortillas (and the cheese, sour cream etc)? Maybe salad with lime juice and salsa as dressing, taco-flavored meat (or for me, fake meat )? Maybe shrimp cocktail (but I would be worried the sauce has sugar in it)? I really don't know yet. Maybe post in the main chat to see if anyone has ideas?

Here are a few ideas that appear to be IP-compliant or easily modifiable, if you are in to cooking:
Chicken Salsa Verde. Includes Mexican cauli-rice.
Mexican Lime Chicken Soup
Fish Taco Cabbage Bowl (sub Walden Farms mayo?)

Don't know if this helps. I would love to think of more ideas... I love Mexican food
I find the "Green Chili Pork" satisfies my Mexican (Tex-Mex?) food cravings

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post5154573
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #45  
~Erika~

Down 5 pounds since Monday. Sticking to IP w/alternatives, no cheats. One thing that's helped was prepping some chicken, hard-boiled eggs, and veggies on Sunday. I get super busy with work during the week and can make bad choices if I don't have something quick and ready to go. We didn't celebrate Cinco de Mayo so I wasn't tempted there
BlessedNotLucky is offline   Reply With Quote