Old 05-04-2015, 02:49 AM   #16  
~Erika~

Thanks Briael!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa34t View Post
Hey I'm interested to know which alternatives are you using. I'm trying to get on board as well but with using alternative products. Thanks
Hi Lisa. I don't have an IP center anywhere near me so I get some products from Amazon like Protidiet soups, Walden Farms dressings, and Kay's Naturals chips. I get RTDs and protein bars from Costco. Also eggs, chicken, fish, fresh veggies, etc. from Trader Joe's. I'm in a rural area so it's slim pickings but I make it work best I can.

EmmaD, thanks for all your alternatives ideas!

Last edited by BlessedNotLucky; 05-04-2015 at 02:52 AM.
BlessedNotLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 259/222/140

Height: 5'3"

Default April 27 start

Well i started a week ago. So this is my second week on on IP. It was a struggle but im going to stick to it this time. Im a restarter. I was on the program 2 years ago but only stuck with it long enough to lose weight for my daughters wedding and fell of the band wagon lol. Well im back on again and ready to stick with it. I look forward to meeting new friends and their ideals for meals. Thanks y'all !

Dora
Corazon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:40 AM   #18  

Default no center.. online shop

Nashuanutrition. com
great site.

Hi Lisa. I don't have an IP center anywhere near me so I get some products from Amazon like Protidiet soups, Walden Farms dressings, and Kay's Naturals chips. I get RTDs and protein bars from Costco. Also eggs, chicken, fish, fresh veggies, etc. from Trader Joe's. I'm in a rural area so it's slim pickings but I make it work best I can.

EmmaD, thanks for all your alternatives ideas![/QUOTE]
Old 05-04-2015, 11:06 AM   #19  
IP Start 5/13/15

S/C/G: 165.6 / 157.8 / 125

Height: 5'4"

Hey there, Emma!

Thanks so much for paying attention 😘 I crashed this weekend, going out to dinner with the family 😫

I'm restarting today... Going to have my 2 IP chocolate shakes, IP Peanut Butter Crunch Bar, veggies and protein.

Today's weigh-in is 162.3

Friday: started at 163.8 followed protocol
Saturday: weigh-in 160 was thrilled, then ate a huge dinner
Sunday: weigh-in 163.2 ate Cheetos, yes, CHEETOS at a picnic 😣 then had a horrible dinner
Today: 162.8 but re-determined LOL

Would you be open to doing accountability lists with me?

I will gladly post my daily eating plan and post whenever I feel like I'm faltering.

Thanks again, lovely Ladies!!!
1tubbychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #20  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Hi!! I'm not BNL, but I use all alternatives. I keep a document reviewing all the products I have tried and it more than 8 pages long. There were a few things I hated, most were acceptable, and a few I really really like and are in my constant rotation. Everyone's tastes vary but I could name a few of my favorites if you want, most ordered from Nashua Nutrition. I also use Ready To Drink shakes from almost any drugstore/Target/etc or Costco, and I use Quest bars, purchased from their website or GNC.

If you are just getting started with these products, I recommend ordering every variety pack offered from Nashua Nutrition . There are definitely other variety packs not listed on that page, such as HealthSmart Protein Bar Variety Pack, Proti-Thin bar variety pack, Weight Loss Systems 15 gram protein bars... They also have samples of almost any protein powder imaginable. I tried almost all of the Syntrax nectars that way

Here are the WonderSlim sample kits I ordered from Diet Direct when I started. Some of these products do not have as much protein though (12g vs. 15g). WonderSlim (at Diet Direct) and Weight Loss Systems (at Nashua) are the exact same products.

I ordered a sampler box of Quest bars and individual bags of each flavor of the chips to try all of them.

It's really fun trying all the different things.

Have you read through the threads about alternative products? SO MUCH INFORMATION THERE . That's where I got ideas on what to try, as well as trying some I had never seen mentioned.

Have fun!

OMG!!! Thanks for your response. This has been very helpful. The thread was also helpful. I'm going to order a few variety packs today!
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #21  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedNotLucky View Post
Thanks Briael!

EmmaD, thanks for all your alternatives ideas!
Thanks! I will check Amazon out as well!
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #22  
IP Start 5/13/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon30 View Post
Well i started a week ago. So this is my second week on on IP. It was a struggle but im going to stick to it this time. Im a restarter. I was on the program 2 years ago but only stuck with it long enough to lose weight for my daughters wedding and fell of the band wagon lol. Well im back on again and ready to stick with it. I look forward to meeting new friends and their ideals for meals. Thanks y'all !

Dora
Hi Dora,

I'm in the same boat - restarting today It's awesome knowing that you have done it and CAN do this!

I realized that I need to give myself mini-goals and that my self-control is not as good as it once was, so the accountability of having IP buddies is going to be a great help for me!

I will commit to writing out my daily plans and posting my struggles so that I can visualize it all.

Thanks so much for joining this thread!!!

Old 05-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hi 1 tubbychick,

No worries, I fell off the bandwagon 10 days in. I went from 147 to 137 and I cheated with bread last night at dinner with the family. It was really nice here and we went to NYC to shop and had dinner at my favorite restaurant Angelo's and I crashed!!!! everyone was sitting outside and we were enjoying it so much, but my bad!!!! I dont know why i do this because when we tried on a few dresses a few hours earlier and i looked at myself in the mirror i got super depressed at the sight of myself. A size 8 skirt wouldnt even go up my leg so i self sabotage allot not sure why
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #24  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tubbychick View Post
Hey there, Emma!

Thanks so much for paying attention �� I crashed this weekend, going out to dinner with the family ��

I'm restarting today... Going to have my 2 IP chocolate shakes, IP Peanut Butter Crunch Bar, veggies and protein.

Today's weigh-in is 162.3

Friday: started at 163.8 followed protocol
Saturday: weigh-in 160 was thrilled, then ate a huge dinner
Sunday: weigh-in 163.2 ate Cheetos, yes, CHEETOS at a picnic �� then had a horrible dinner
Today: 162.8 but re-determined LOL

Would you be open to doing accountability lists with me?

I will gladly post my daily eating plan and post whenever I feel like I'm faltering.

Thanks again, lovely Ladies!!!
Obviously we all have different tastebuds, but you may find it helps to put a savoury packet in at lunchtime, to encourage you to have your two cups of lunchtime veggies.

Many of the folks who've been here a long time cut up veggies that go in the soup packets or the chicken a la king as it's an easy way to get veg in.

The other thing that you can put in with lunch and/or dinner is a salad made up of your "free" list items - lettuce, cucumber, celery (and others). It really rounds a meal out and helps keep you feeling fuller until the next meal time is due!

Don't forget that you can also have herbal teas (the Celestials Lemon zinger and raspberry zinger are nice, there's a peach one that is great as an iced tea!) with splenda or stevia to sweeten to taste! And, you can even mix the herbal teas with crushed ice in a blender, freeze it into a sorbet and enjoy a refreshing dessert totally free of IP cost! How's that for a sneaky non-cheat?

Please please please .. remember to check out the Recipes thread that is linked in the first post of every Daily Chat thread. It really helps with making packets more interesting once you get past those first few weeks and start getting "packet boredom".

Good luck May folks. May your weight loss journey be smooth and consistent.

PS If you didn't buy vitamins, you're going to want to make sure you take at least the calcium-magnesium mix, the potassium and the fish oil (omega 3). These aren't recommended, they are essential for your health.

Last edited by Briael; 05-04-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:39 PM   #25  

Default Week 2

Im in week 2 and i want Chocolate! need to order more something from Nashua, I'm out of everything sweet! only healthy stuff left!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:42 PM   #26  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon30 View Post
Im in week 2 and i want Chocolate! need to order more something from Nashua, I'm out of everything sweet! only healthy stuff left!
It's tempting to go all sweet items on the IP protocol, but this will keep the sugary tastebuds active and stop you from developing good habits for eating in maintenance.

Try to vary the flavours and mix up the savoury - it really does make a difference to being able to resist temptation later on.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 252.2/213.0/145/size 8

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tubbychick View Post
I did so well the first day and first half of today... Then totally blew it with dinner 😱 I will have to start over tomorrow.

How do you all stay motivated and disciplined?
I just started week 2. I didn't go off program at all in week one (patting myself on the back). I did a few things. First, I rid my home of anything that was off program, even things like cereal. Then, I made sure I prepped a lot of both proteins and veggies as possible. Even just portioning things in advance saves steps later. I put a lot of things in the freezer. Last, and this is important, I got on my knees and prayed for the strength to stay focused and not get distracted. I'm not an overly religious but I know I can't do this in my own. I have committed myself to this program 100%. And, as you will see over and over, the program works if you stick with it.

Recommit yourself. Make your kitchen IP ready! Make it happen.
pamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:21 AM   #28  
IP Start 5/13/15

Amanda and Pamara, thanks for the suggestions! I prepped all of my proteins and veggies, an going out to get Celestial Seasonings & stevia to make slushies, and have taken to the "no options" rule just to get myself through the first week

I followed the protocol today and although I feel the vacuum of hunger pains in my tummy, it is a great feeling
Old 05-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #29  
Kitty

S/C/G: 200/181/140

Height: 5'7"

I guess I should technically be in this thread. I went for my first appointment at the clinic last Thursday, but officially only started the program on Friday.

This is my second time on IP. I lost 35 pounds on the program back in 2012 and kept the weight off up until the last 6 months. Lots of life changes that made me lose my routine.

Anyway, it's my TOM this week and also the first week back on the program. I've been feeling pretty tired and I'm still retaining a ton of water, so no real drop in weight yet.

I have my first weigh-in on Friday, and I really hope to see the scale move a little bit, as I know the first week is always the biggest drop.

Good luck to all!
IttyBittyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by IttyBittyKitty View Post
I guess I should technically be in this thread. I went for my first appointment at the clinic last Thursday, but officially only started the program on Friday.

This is my second time on IP. I lost 35 pounds on the program back in 2012 and kept the weight off up until the last 6 months. Lots of life changes that made me lose my routine.

Anyway, it's my TOM this week and also the first week back on the program. I've been feeling pretty tired and I'm still retaining a ton of water, so no real drop in weight yet.

I have my first weigh-in on Friday, and I really hope to see the scale move a little bit, as I know the first week is always the biggest drop.

Good luck to all!
Good goin, IttyBitty! You are the same height as I am, with just a teeny bit more in your goal to lose and close in maintenance weight! It can be done, as you know.
See you on the maintainers threads soon, eh?
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote