Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

So beautiful today but so exhausted & hungry thanks to TOM Actually had a craving for beer today - something super hop-y and carb-y (willpower won though)

Eating IP-friendly, but eating a lot. I really feel like I could eat through the fridge...This (tom) is easier to deal with when I am at work than home on the weekend.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 252.2/213.0/145/size 8

Height: 5'6"

If you're on Facebook and want more recipe ideas, check out/like Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook - Phase 1. She has lots of recipes that may be different than what we've seen here. And, more options are good, especially on this diet.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

"Girl, you must've had those high waisted jeans a long time. Blowed if I can find any where the waist is above knee high these days! Silly things." (I agree)
They're baaaaack

Wrangler has always had at least one version of high waists for those gals that actually use them for rodeo. No one wants to have crack showing as they lean forward over their barrel horse, lol.
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-02-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #34  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default Freezing Baked Goods

Has anyone done a lot of baking with IP or alternatives at once and then froze it? If so, did it work out well when you thawed and consumed it?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:06 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Thank you so much for all the kind words ladies. I know what i have to do. I know i am worth it..that my body deserves this. I did not succeed today but tomorrow is a brand new start. Positive...i know i can...i know i can...
Old 05-02-2015, 11:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Ok here is a silly question. On the right of the screen we have two eggs...mine has a yellow yolk in it and the other an exclamation mark...what do these represent?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:27 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Ok here is a silly question. On the right of the screen we have two eggs...mine has a yellow yolk in it and the other an exclamation mark...what do these represent?
The little yolk in the egg means you are active on the forum at this time, so if you see it in another's post, they are actually on 3FC too at the same time. The exclamation is if you need to report a post to the moderator (ie. abusive or hateful language, illegal activities, commercial advertising of goods specific to diets such as B*dylogix, etc).
Old 05-03-2015, 12:45 AM   #38  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

having one of those days at work, so exhausted and beaten feeling.

For some reason I got to thinking about my cup of kale I put in my shake in the mornings. Realized is it supposed to be packed lightly or heavily? Am I getting a whole cup? Then after tail spinning into all kinds of worry about how I might be messing up I thought. I will just find out how much it supposed to weigh! {internet searching, much getting confused, writing this and then light bulb moment} Oh my goodness, I just realized after searching for weights, which had me confused that I was missing or just not seeing that some were in ounces some in grams. I am too tired. I am finishing my food diary and heading to bed.

I don't know how I am going to make it through this summer as I don't feel like I ever recovered from last summer. It wasn't really the hordes of tourists so much as being constantly under staffed and the stress that causes.
Okay sorry about the vent, but glad I had a place to do it.

I hope everyone's Sunday is awesome and OP! My weekend starts tomorrow at 6 (or when ever they finally let me go home lol )
Old 05-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

so sad this am.... I have been waiting and waiting to wear the cutest pair of black capris that have been in my closet for years....I could not get them on last year and I have been dreaming of them....I pulled them on this morning without unzipping or unbottoning them and they are literally hanging on me....like fast walking and they will be at my ankles... I hope the people at the mission where I donate my clothes enjoy my capris! LOL

Off to a college visit for my son today.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:46 AM   #40  

Well, that's a happy kind of sad, Sue.

I had those kinds of things happen with me but not with my "favorites". We all have those items that just feel so good because they're cut just right for our bodies. I read an article yesterday and have decided I'm going thru my closet and getting rid of anything that wasn't a "favorite" and slowly starting over. It was a great article about how we only need about 40 items of clothing in our closets (written by someone who had been mostly living in yoga pants).

A revamp is in order at my house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Has anyone done a lot of baking with IP or alternatives at once and then froze it? If so, did it work out well when you thawed and consumed it?
I have baked and frozen for a trip.
It worked fine for me.
Didn't matter if it was IP brand or another.
IP brand has no magic.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-03-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
so sad this am.... I have been waiting and waiting to wear the cutest pair of black capris that have been in my closet for years....I could not get them on last year and I have been dreaming of them....I pulled them on this morning without unzipping or unbottoning them and they are literally hanging on me....like fast walking and they will be at my ankles... I hope the people at the mission where I donate my clothes enjoy my capris! LOL
I'm so sorry, my coach told me a similar story about a pair of pants she had. Myself, I can't imagine, I am constantly trying clothes on seeing if they fit yet. The one thing I am going to do, as I "outgrow" clothes, is to donate them. I always seem to hold on to them, so my closets range from 12-16. At least the last time I dieted I did get rid of the 18s.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-03-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:44 AM   #42  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post

Off to a college visit for my son today.
Awww Sue .... that exact thing happened with my favourite skirt. It's the only piece of clothing that I'm seriously considering taking to a tailor to have reduced (no way in heck am I eve thinking about trying to do it myself). Is it something you'd consider for your capris?

Hope you and DS have a good college trip. Does he have any preferences yet?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #43  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, Lisa. Good to know that I can freeze what I bake. I was surprised when my bread got moldy - it was a nice surprise because I thought, oh this is really like real bread.

Sue - I'll take sad news like that any day of the week!

Loser - once you get through a couple of weeks, the mini-binge will be a distant memory so focus on the present and not the past. The only way to recover is to commit yourself to the program. I have found sometimes it takes a couple of false starts and then for some inexplicable reason, a switch gets flipped and all the sudden 100% commitment to reach goal. I hope that happens for you.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:52 AM   #44  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

It's been a beautiful weekend after all the horrible rain that this area saw while we were gone on vacation. One storm was almost as ferocious as when Hurricane Rita blew through here with winds in some areas reaching almost 80 mph. Unfortunately, my cat (who showed up as a stray after Rita) ran away during that stormy night. It's been 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure she's not coming back. She was at least 9 years old, albino, terrified of being IN a house so she lived outside and stayed mostly in the garage. my daughter was coming over 2x a day to feed and water, pet and "visit with" her each day and the morning on the day of that stormy night DD said Snowball hissed at her and wouldn't come in to eat. I think she knew a storm was coming. DD is upset because the cat ran away on "her watch" but I told her she's not to blame. I just hope that where ever Snowball ran to that she is being taken care of. There has been no sighting of her by anyone I've talked to. Of course, there is the possibility that she died somewhere alone and that's what is hurting me most. Or a hawk or swallowtail kite got her but I'll never know.

I'm not getting/taking in anymore animals. I'm allergic, they have to live outside, and we want to travel more so they'd be left alone. It wouldn't be fair to them.

So, give your pet an extra ear scritching and belly rub for me this morning!
Old 05-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #45  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Well its 4am and i can't sleep....why? Because I ate so much junk food (and I do mean lots) that I am having cold sweats and can't sleep. After working so hard at being in ketosis...I am furious at myself but for the first time in my life I am owning up to it by posting it here. i ahve been on a weight loss journey for over ten years (not IP) but always sabotaged myself when I did great and let a one day slip become a week...month...slip. So yesterday I stole a few chips from my daughter...well....what happens...my mind says go ahead...you just ruined it anyway so might as well go all the way. And so I ate...and ate...and ate...i don't know why I do this all the time. I have been feeling so great after a week of IP...I mean GREAT...like I had a bounce in my step...lost 10 pounds...
I just got in the scale...up 5 pounds...but thr worst is that now I have to start all over. i know I will have to fight like crazy during the next days not to eat junk..I have been on the wheel SOOOOO...many times before...
I am posting this hoping that since I put it in writting that it will help me. I am so mad at myslef (once again) and am sittiing here in the dark and it is eating (no punn intended) at me. I just don' t know why I do this all the time.
When I started IP I was not a happy camper for a few days...severe migraine...I would not of wanted to be around me...now I will have to go through this again...hopefully...not letting this one days turn onto a week..month...binge
I am sorry for being such a downer...what a great impression I make...I wish I wish I knew how to stop the cycle..the second I have one bit of a chip...candy...I can't control it and spin out of control...as I eat I am telling myself to stop...but I don't listen.
Thanks for your ears (or you I say eyes) ladies.
You are not alone and you are courageous and honest for posting this. IP helps with weight loss but not with our years of habits and emotional issues. You may want to read The End of Overeating by David Kessler ( I think). Helps to understand the trigger and habit pattern that are ingrained in us. This whole process is like AA...we need to work this program for the rest of our lives. You can do this....we can do this together.
Closed Thread