Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 11:48 AM   #271  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
I like your idea of any 2014 starter because I'm selfish and I started in March 2014 so then I can be officially a groupie

Amber (Grateful4Healt), you are ALWAYS welcome, as all are! No matter what syntax the official title has. You are a hero of mine, you've done so well.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-29-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #272  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
You are ALWAYS welcome as all are! Even if the powers that be didnt want to change our official title. You are a hero of mine, you've done so well.
Likewise
Old 05-29-2015, 02:54 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Hope you don't mind me chiming in Alexandra / Amber - but imvho, since late April, it feels like the boards have gotten pretty slow and the monthly threads are slowly disappearing anyway. Thanks for helping keep February alive Amber
Anyhow - if you are successful in combining 2014, I've given thought to opening a Winter 2015 thread, if the interest is there...
Happy Friday to you all! Thoughts still with our TX peeps
Old 05-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #274  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Fingers crossed you stay there...My Aria has me on an up tic...I kind of expected that.
Lucky me -- same 159.9 two days in a row!!! I am so glad that I am still seeing that '1 and 5' in the first two digits!!! (so tired of the '1 and 6')

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957
Since we are now 6 months away from Dec 2014, should we expand our title to include all 2014 starters (from any part of the year). Not sure how many people there are floating around from other months in 2014, but why not be inclusive (and not just limit it to Summer 2014 starters).

In any case, how about these suggestions (I've always liked a good rhyme)

2014 Starters - Opportune June

2014 Starters - Staying in Tune in June

2014 Starters - To the Moon in June

And perhaps my favorite ...

2014 Starters - Let some Air out of your Balloon in June
These are great ideas - I love the idea of re-naming our thread to 2014 Starters, in order to be more inclusive. The recent concerns about diverting folks away from the Daily Chat might be even more stressed with the more inclusive name.... but I think we have been doing a pretty good job checking in at both this thread and the Daily -- thanks to all of you who have been doing that!

Do we have general consensus on that idea, or any notable objections?

And the balloon photo is truly inspiring! Great image for the starting thread, Alexandra!
And for your fave on the thread name... are we letting air out by staying motivated reach goals and maintain, and to fill the resulting loose skin by building muscle tone?

Before the more inclusive 2014 Starters idea, I was kinda thinking about:

'Summer 2014 Starters - Return to June'

we could adjust that to:

'2014 Starters - Return to Summer in June'

But I am good with your favorite, too -- anyone else care to weigh in on the thread name?

And, Amber - you are absolutely always welcome, as is everyone on 3FC IP !!

Our garden (usually more of a 'farmette' has taken priority over leaving town to take a vacation... tomatoes, green beans, and kale are planted, and there will be green and yellow squash planted (mainstay veggie for my IP meals).

I have to say that I am having a rough time picking strawberries, with no plans beyond freezing them again, like I did last year..... luckily they are low carb fruits, and I can hopefully incorporate some into my food plans as I phase off.... but I doubt that will happen for me while the berries are still at their height of ripeness. When I began IP last summer, I thought for sure I would be at goal by the time the next harvest came around.... I may be ok with the veggies, given my slow descent to goal weight.

NSV, I think.....
I broke down and went for some filler and botox today - I have done the botox before to get rid of the frown lines between my eyebrows - last time was Fall 2012. Those lines have become pretty deep, exacerbated by the weight loss and 2.5 more years of age... so I felt it was time to do that again. And while there, the doc showed me how replacing some volume would smooth out the marionette lines between nose and lips and down the sides of my mouth to chin, so I went for that instead of just the usual filler in the parentheses lines. And I splurged to get some volume added to my lips. Hopefully I will be glad that I did this - it will take a few days to settle out.... I will let y'all know how it goes... right now I feel a bit scared that maybe I did too much.... I do trust the doc though, so I am going to be patient and see how it goes.

Meanwhile - let's hear what you all think about the thread names -- and Avalon - do you want to launch the new monthly thread? You came up with such well thought out ideas and the great graphic!!
Old 05-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #275  
Serial Dieter

I defer to everyone else on the thread name -- I am flexible and easy going. I just tossed out a few ideas!
Old 05-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #276  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Hope you don't mind me chiming in Alexandra / Amber - but imvho, since late April, it feels like the boards have gotten pretty slow and the monthly threads are slowly disappearing anyway. Thanks for helping keep February alive Amber
Anyhow - if you are successful in combining 2014, I've given thought to opening a Winter 2015 thread, if the interest is there...
Happy Friday to you all! Thoughts still with our TX peeps
Your observations match mine and others - there are a bunch of separate monthly threads, and there are the Maintainers who tend to go to their own threads.

The postings in the Daily Chat(now called the IP Community Chat, I think) have really declined in number, and we don't see so many newbies in there either, it seems to me. Lisa asked us some weeks ago if we were willing to close down our thread and return to the Daily, but we felt like we wanted to keep both. We had already invited the May thru September 2014 groups into this single Summer thread, and we have a fairly consistent group of posters.

Your idea for a Winter 2015 thread is a good one, I think -- and at the same time, encouraging folks to check in at the Daily Community Chat, would be much appreciated by the IP sub forum as a whole, I think.

I think our Summer Starters all agree that we are happy to have anyone join us to see how our journey's are progressing, and to post here in this thread whenever they like.

But the Community Daily Chat is a really good place to post questions, so that both the longer term IPeeps and the newer converts have the benefit of the info shared.

I have to say that I learned a great deal from the 100 % thread too - and no one has posted there for months.... maybe we all need to pay some attention to those threads a bit more going forward.

Anyway - you might post in the Jan - March group threads to invite them to join forces with you in a Winter 2015 thread - I think I did that as we formed this Summer group, and that seemed to work well.

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-29-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #277  

I agree Beth and oneuh, it's difficult to keep up with threads, when I have time on work breaks I manage to read through them, as I learn a lot of things from everyone, but when I have a busy week I can only hop into the main threads I follow.
Would be nice I think to make them at least seasonal, as we have suggested before.
I think also all of us can continue to encourage newcomers to post their questions on the Daily Chat and check in there - I know we are doing that but it helps I think.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Hi all - Sorry I haven't been on the boards much recently but I love coming back and seeing/hearing your progress. Everyone looks just amazing. I like the idea of a 2014 thread.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #279  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

One- curious about the fillers you had. I've thought about have filler in my lips but I have heard it is very painful. I've had Botox and fillers (forehead, frown lines, marionette lines from nose to outer mouth) and it was uncomfortable but tolerable. I don't want to look like a Kardashian, but I would like to add some fullness to my mouth. Do tell!

I have also noticed a sharp decline on most of the boards. Of course, I rarely post but I read daily. Not sure what the solution is.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:05 PM   #280  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
One- curious about the fillers you had. I've thought about have filler in my lips but I have heard it is very painful. I've had Botox and fillers (forehead, frown lines, marionette lines from nose to outer mouth) and it was uncomfortable but tolerable. I don't want to look like a Kardashian, but I would like to add some fullness to my mouth. Do tell!

I have also noticed a sharp decline on most of the boards. Of course, I rarely post but I read daily. Not sure what the solution is.
I had some lip filler about 5 years ago - the doc was not as adept as she might have been. Today's doc was very experienced and very good -- that makes a definite difference in the comfort level. Also, I had the topical numbing cream slathered around the lip area, and that made that part almost painless. Just the sting of the needle pricks.

On the other hand, the filler injected higher toward the cheekbones was quite a different pain - pressure really, and altho the product has novacaine in it, I was feeling uncomfortable for about 10 minutes. And all day today I have felt kinda like I have a sinus headache. I have some swelling (not a lot) and a few tender spots. The whole thing took the starch out of me more than when I have done the just the smile lines and botox before. Very important to avoid strenuous activity... so no dance party tonight, and probably no Salsa workshop tomorrow...

I am fine, and I think it's going to be just the right thing for me right now, but it was a bit more than a blip on the radar today. I am heading for bed now, and look forward to waking up to less swelling and tenderness.

Interesting info shared by the doc is that the Radiesse and Juvederm XC fillers will promote collagen production for those who follow a high protein diet.... guess that's good for us IPeeps!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:20 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone..

I am fine with all of 2014 thread...I have also been checking in on the daily chat...One thing I have learned after all these years on boards of one sort or another, they ebb and flow...sometimes its a lot and sometimes it 's not...

Not much on the plate today. I have some things to do around the house and I need to finish cleaning out the old car and getting the new car situated. (Did I mention I got a Cadillac SRX?) Laundry and some other house work. I also have to run to my office and then off to my new listing. My fliers came in yesterday and I have a bunch of showings today so I want to get them to the house.

Did a stock up grocery shopping yesterday so we are all set for the weekend..Bought a pack of heirloom tomato's from costco. Going to have some nice salads this weekend... I hate that they are a restricted veggie...I could eat the like candy! LOL
Old 05-31-2015, 08:44 AM   #282  
oneuh2

YAY!!! Another down day on the home scale - and I have posted my monthly WI on my DietBet game - the 6 month goal was to lose 10% of starting weight by June 30 - I beat that goal last month and continued to drop a bit more in May. Just gotta hang in for the July 1 weigh in and I should win some money for my patience and persistence.

Goof ball discovery this AM.... I had not removed the big decal on my Aria scale.... I think maybe it has been interfering with accurate weigh in's... Certainly the body fat readings.... Don't know why I did not see the 'remove this decal' remark on the label!!!

No trip to SC after all. Dryer has mechanical issues, garden planting is way behind, and there are many household chores that need attn so we have decided on a staycation. Now it's a matter of balancing the 'getting stuff done' with some fun stuff here at home.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:52 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning IP peeps! Up bright and early for my DD's basketball tournament this morning. Just love these early morning games...not! But give me a couple moments to check in and get my 3FC fill during warmup.

Aria shows 151.2 this morning. Going to have a super strict P1 day but am thinking I am not going to hit 150 tomorrow (especially since I always seem to have an uptick Monday mornings). Ah well, I will hit it during P2. Been so busy I haven't really had a chance to plan my lunches much more than grilled chicken on a salad. No chance to hit Trader Joes for those frozen chicken breasts so I will have to go old school today and take a couple out of the freezer and grill my own. Have a new panini maker I haven't used yet so maybe will give that a try. Big Mac in a bowl would also be a fun lunch.

One - Good for you on doing something that makes you feel better about yourself! We were supposed to go out on a friends boat this weekend (cancelled due to boat dock getting damaged during last round of rain) but I went and got a bikini and upper leg wax. Interesting experience but nice to get things cleaned up for summer. Of course the day on the lake was cancelled so it was all for not... Oh well, still feels good to take care of myself in ways I never would have considered 100lbs ago.

DD is updating her room from little girl to teen theme. It's all about the Chevron. Spent most of our afternoon shopping for bedding for her new bigger bed. Today we get to attach her new headboard and put together bedding, rearrange her room, etc. Glad she is excited. I kind of just want a few hours to veg on the couch with a book or maybe a nap to recouperate from all these early morning games. We'll see if my dream comes true.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:29 AM   #284  
Serial Dieter

I am laughing at myself this morning. It took me the ENTIRE month to finally see that the current thread title had a "May" in it

Mayhem

I just don't mentally connect Mayhem with the month of May. It's funny how something can be right in front of you and you don't see it.

Now what color is that dress again? (LOL)

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-31-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:23 PM   #285  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
I am laughing at myself this morning. It took me the ENTIRE month to finally see that the current thread title had a "May" in it

Mayhem

I just don't mentally connect Mayhem with the month of May. It's funny how something can be right in front of you and you don't see it.

Now what color is that dress again? (LOL)
Don't ya love it when you find yourself clueless regarding something obvious?!

I just figured out that today is May 31, and not June 1, but I had posted my Diet Bet weigh in this morning thinking I am done for the month, but I was one day early - I have to do it again tomorrow morning -

So, now that you found the May in Mayhem -- will you start us off tomorrow with the new June thread, Alexandra? Pick any of the suggested thread names - no one seems to be wedded to anything in particular - your fave will be excellent - and kick us off as a broader group of 2014 Starters!

We do seem to have some interest in deepening our motivation.... so - I'm doing some research today for some quotes and links that might be motivational so I will have some meaningful content to share during the new month.

I think your charts are very inspiring - undeniable evidence that this program works and individual efforts with it pay off. Lisa's postings from the Beck Solution have been a nice addition to the IP Community Weekday and Weekend Chats, and I think we can do that too. Jen already pitched a good thoughtful quote for us a few days ago!

Are you up for taking the lead for us in June?
Closed Thread