Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:38 AM   #256  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Thanks JJ and Cheryl for the kind words.

I am finding it interesting that I'd say after a couple of cycles on and off Phase 1, that it is about a 2:1 ratio for me for days that I need to be on Phase 1 after going off phase 1. I don't know if that is due to not cycling off per the plan. But, the most important thing I have noticed is that my weight/size tolerance is dramatically different as compared to my yo-yo dieting prior to Ideal Protein. It is a big difference for me to cycle in weeks rather than many months always resulting in having gained back all the weight and then some. I have to keep reminding myself that I was only off for 3 weeks but I feel like I gained all weight back because my tolerance is so much more narrow - the inches lost on this program is really having that profound effect to not want to put them back on.

I also have to share that another motivation is to come back here after weeks of cycling off and see the losses and transitions that everyone is experiencing. Congrats all!!! I had the misfortune of reaching my goal in January and not knowing it and continued making myself I'll - I guess the good thing is that I know very clearly what my goal is which I am now using as a guide but won't obsess about it.

I am traveling a ton for my business so won't be on here daily like I used to be. I have an upcoming blood test in June to see how everything is doing. I am very interested in this because I have cycled off P1 to improve the hormones so I am anxious to know the levels because there has been no real treatment other than stopping the diet/cycling the diet and adding Vitamin D - it will be a good indicator to know how much was caused by IP.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:13 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone...

Ro - Good to see you...please do pop in from time to time to let us know how you are ...

I have one of those spaced out days today with not enought time in between things to be productive LOL... I also need to get to the grocery store at some point as I ran out of my WF caramel and my pancakes are just not the same without LOL...

Thanks for the congrats on the loss...It was totally unexpected based on the circumstances of my week and the fact that I am now overdue for an up tic....Ugh..hopefully not this week....

Old 05-28-2015, 10:50 AM   #258  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Howdy Ro - so glad to hear from you! Do drop in to say hello just so we know you are doing okay!

My Aria scale read an uptick yesterday, repeated that same weight early this AM and then I stepped on it again about 30 mins ago and I had my first reading in the 150's.... Just barely but I will take it!
Old 05-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #259  
oneuh2

I wonder when Briael returns? Her absence on 3FC is highly noticeable!
Old 05-28-2015, 12:05 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

154.3 again..Gah! 4 of the last 5 days I've gotten this weight on my Aria. Move scale, MOVE! Geez, No way I am going to hit 150 by Monday at this rate. At least it is not an increase and I did have sirloin for dinner last night. Guess I need a couple days of fish.

Good to see you Ro! We miss you, don't be a stranger. And you are going to figure this P1 thing out! I think you're going through your own type of diet fatigue. You need a good loss to keep up the motivation to stick with it. I am sure IP while traveling is an extra challenge too.

Missing Briael as well. Surely they have internet in England…where is our girl Hope she is having fun!

All is quiet weather wise today. I feel that I singlehandedly solved our rain issue…finally parked my car in the garage after all the leftovers from our garage sale a couple weeks ago. Sold some items on craigslist yesterday and donated the rest. I am sure there will be no more rain now that my car is safe and covered.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
All is quiet weather wise today. I feel that I singlehandedly solved our rain issue…finally parked my car in the garage after all the leftovers from our garage sale a couple weeks ago. Sold some items on craigslist yesterday and donated the rest. I am sure there will be no more rain now that my car is safe and covered.
Nice try - we just had a short shower roll through!!

Also, we almost at the end of May, any thoughts about our June thread?
Old 05-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Just not my day! Sorry about the rain.

My vote for a June theme is something about persistence or motivation. After this many months and many of us getting close to goal, what keeps us motivated? Just my $.02.

Last edited by CenTXChk; 05-28-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #263  
oneuh2

Thanks for bringing up the impending start of June, Jen -- I had not been thinking about it yet, although the end of the month is also when I have to be primed for the Diet Bet official weigh in... those 2 things happen together!

Briael started us out for May --- suggesting trying new veggies and getting moving, and asking about ideas for iced tea.

On that note - I picked up some decaf Bigelow Spiced Chai tea that's wonderful, and I like it hot OR iced! I highly recommend it -- for me it's a good alternative to coffee that requires me to work harder to get more water in.... often I don't get as much water down in a day as I do extra cups of java.

I also like the idea of motivation, CenTxChk -- why don't we make that our theme and see if we can bring some good quotes to inspire and some good discussion along those lines into play for June? I think that might be just the thing for our group, as we all approach one year on IP, and as some of us reach the time for phasing off -- another challenge that requires motivation.

Barring any objections or other ideas, I'll start researching some good words of wisdom to launch our June thread -- y'all do the same!!

ps. Briael's last post was May 12 and I think her trip was for 3 weeks, so I am guessing she should be back with us around the end of next week.

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-28-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:29 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

"The groundwork of all happiness is health."
Leigh Hunt
Old 05-29-2015, 02:26 AM   #265  

I miss Amanda/Brial too

My “go to” last summer was the Iced Passionfruit (no sweetener of course) tea at Starbucks, and I would often put a packet of Mangosteen in it. It was fantastic esp. on days when I was out doing something physical or exercise in the heat - great booster.
I made something similar at home also.

Of course iced black coffee I also loved for a morning pick me up.

Glad you Texans are all still doing OK.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:13 AM   #266  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Howdy Ro - so glad to hear from you! Do drop in to say hello just so we know you are doing okay!

My Aria scale read an uptick yesterday, repeated that same weight early this AM and then I stepped on it again about 30 mins ago and I had my first reading in the 150's.... Just barely but I will take it!
Fingers crossed you stay there...My Aria has me on an up tic...I kind of expected that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
154.3 again..Gah! 4 of the last 5 days I've gotten this weight on my Aria. Move scale, MOVE! Geez, No way I am going to hit 150 by Monday at this rate. At least it is not an increase and I did have sirloin for dinner last night. Guess I need a couple days of fish.

Good to see you Ro! We miss you, don't be a stranger. And you are going to figure this P1 thing out! I think you're going through your own type of diet fatigue. You need a good loss to keep up the motivation to stick with it. I am sure IP while traveling is an extra challenge too.

Missing Briael as well. Surely they have internet in England…where is our girl Hope she is having fun!

Ha LOL on the garage and the rain....its always the way.

Off this AM to get my hair colored...its that time all the gray is peeking thru LOL... I also need a quick run thru Costco for some supplies. May get some salmon for dinner tonight too...Have not had that in a while and the family complained last night about Chicken all week LOL...OK time to switch it up a bit.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:17 AM   #267  

Sorry Ment to mention our June thread...how about "Summer 2014 Starters Moving in June" I think some of us will hit goal in June...I just hope you all hang out with me for a few more months till I get there....
Old 05-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning,

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling great about what's been accomplished so far!

When I phased off I decided that I would have like to lose more, and I'm not succeeding right now doing it on my own, but I don't want to go back on IP. Right now and want to focus on being active and getting more fit, I don't feel big, but I feel too soft and flabby. So I've decided to try the 21 day fix. I'm doing it through a coach so that I will feel more motivation to do the workouts and eat OP. I've got my meals planned out, which are very similar to Phase 3 with some extras like fruit and cheese. I guess the portions will just be different. I'm not so focused on the lbs than I am the inches and toning.

I'm also almost done my parka!! I just have to add fur to the cuffs and then I will post pics. I'm really please at how it turned out, who would have thought I could make a proper coat!! And not to brag too much, but it's super cute

I'm going to a neighbouring "city" for an overnight trip with my mom today. It's a 6-7hr drive now that the road is paved and it can be a long trip with nothing in between but a small company town where we stop for gas. And while there aren't many options of shops there either, it's different. She likes to go a couple times a year for a change of scenery so I usually go with her. She's disappointed because she can't have her usual Big Mac (yech!) because she's on IP (and doing great!) I packed up pretty good road food choices for myself and helped her plan her food. So I hope I can keep her on track I just hope it doesn't take too much out of her as she's been in the hospital twice this month, but she's insistent on going this weekend.

As for June thread, I don't have anything inspirational to add and I'm not that clever so this is what I came up with: losing the jiggle in June

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:04 AM   #269  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Since we are now 6 months away from Dec 2014, should we expand our title to include all 2014 starters (from any part of the year). Not sure how many people there are floating around from other months in 2014, but why not be inclusive (and not just limit it to Summer 2014 starters).

In any case, how about these suggestions (I've always liked a good rhyme)

2014 Starters - Opportune June

2014 Starters - Staying in Tune in June

2014 Starters - To the Moon in June

And perhaps my favorite ...

2014 Starters - Let some Air out of your Balloon in June

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-29-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #270  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Since we are now 6 months away from Dec 2014, should we expand our title to include all 2014 starters (from any part of the year). Not sure how many people there are floating around from other months in 2014, but why not be inclusive (and not just limit it to Summer 2014 starters).

[/IMG]
I like your idea of any 2014 starter because I'm selfish and I started in March 2014 so then I can be officially a groupie
Closed Thread