Old 04-25-2015, 11:17 PM   #31  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

frawniemae your new avatar photo is FANTASTIC!!! And an 8 lb loss while vacationing makes me want to pack up and go somewhere too. :-)
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:09 AM   #32  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

What a long day! Went to work with a migraine. Nothing tasted good at all today. Hoping once I get a good nights sleep everything will be better (crosses fingers and toes.)

Carmie welcome back! Sorry things got crazy for you but so glad you came back to where you can get the support and camaraderie you need. Congrats on the 4 pounds!

frawniemae Congratulations on doing so awesome while out on vacation! I will be going in June or July and hope to follow your lead.

I work tomorrow and have someone coming to pick up my tv and entertainment center before I go to work. Getting rid of all my big things because I won't be able to move everything to Florida. Anyone want a super nice treadmill? lol

Girls and guys have a great Sunday!
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #33  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Fancied oatmeal cookies for breakfast, so I had them.

Quest protein powders in Chocolate Milkshake and Peanut Butter, semi-sweet dark choc chips and 2 packets of Healthsmart plain oatmeal. Got 12 cookies out of the mixture and they are soft and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. 3 cookies comes up at 151 cals 7 carbs 4 fat 22 protein 2 fiber 250 sodium. Nom nom nom.

Not a fan of the Quest powders as a milkshake (texture is too dense) but they bake beautifully.

Last edited by Briael; 04-26-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 252.2/213.0/145/size 8

Height: 5'6"

Default Question re: spaghetti squash

Is spaghetti squash OP? I'm assuming it's ok for my 4 cups/day veggies but maybe not.
pamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamara View Post
Is spaghetti squash OP? I'm assuming it's ok for my 4 cups/day veggies but maybe not.
Do you have a P1 protocol sheet: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/5040423-post79.html

I always refer to the sheet when I have a question.
And Spaghetti Squash is not on the Select or Occasional veggie list, so know it is not OP.

A good way to make "noodles" is to use a spiralizer or a julienne peeler. Zucchini works well for this.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Can anyone name off some more sites where they get there food? Ideal weight solutions is too expensive, so I have been getting most of them through Nashua Nutrition but running out of variety.thanks a bunch.
carmie48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:28 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Can anyone name off some more sites where they get there food? Ideal weight solutions is too expensive, so I have been getting most of them through Nashua Nutrition but running out of variety.thanks a bunch.
Carmie: Here is the thread where you'll get the most answers to that question:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-6-a.html

Personally, I'm pretty amazed at the variety on Nashua Nutrition. Way more variety than IP offers. Between that and "packet hacks" (making a packet into something else with a recipe) I have always had all the variety I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Fancied oatmeal cookies for breakfast, so I had them.

Quest protein powders in Chocolate Milkshake and Peanut Butter, semi-sweet choc chips and 2 packets of Healthsmart plain oatmeal. Got 12 cookies out of the mixture and they are soft and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.

Not a fan of the Quest powders as a milkshake (texture is too dense) but they bake beautifully.
So interesting. We all like different textures, don't we?
I LOVE the quest powder as a milkshake. I always make mine "frozen" with ice cubes in the Vitamix. I'm not fond of thinner textures.

What I was NOT fond of with the Quest powder is how sweet it is. So I had to mix it with plain to reduce the sweetness.

Are you no longer on P1? Since chocolate chips aren't OP, just thought I'd ask so that others won't get confused.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-26-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #38  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

So interesting. We all like different textures, don't we?
I LOVE the quest powder as a milkshake. I always make mine "frozen" with ice cubes in the Vitamix. I'm not fond of thinner textures.

What I was NOT fond of with the Quest powder is how sweet it is. So I had to mix it with plain to reduce the sweetness.

Are you no longer on P1? Since chocolate chips aren't OP, just thought I'd ask so that others won't get confused.
Ah, I don't use ice or spinach in my shakes, and I often find the 80 whey/20 casein mixes too "fluffy" (Edit: By that I mean frothy) in texture, compared to the fine powder of the 100% whey proteins. I agree that Quest is amongst the sweetest of the protein powders (hubby now has 28 different flavours/varieties in my pantry!) but it loses quite a lot of that sweetness during baking. The other little tip a baker taught me was to use a single drop of a good vinegar in cakes and bread. Don't know why it works, but it does. You get a "spongy" texture from it, rather than the densely packed protein chalky powder texture.

I am not always P1 compliant, but I try to adhere to the basic principles of their daily macros - ie 25-30 net carbs at max, with caloric intake between 750 and 950 (adjusted for exercise). As I don't suffer from carb sensitivity, and I am very physically active I tend to include infrequent things like the choc chips.

Thanks for picking up on that, Lisa. Don't want to give our newer members the idea that the choc chips are allowed. However, for anyone wanting to make a more IP-friendly substitution the Healthsmart/Chocolite dark bars are sucralose/stevia based and can be broken into tiny "chips" for baking purposes if the person is not sweetener-sensitive and can plan the day's calories/carbs involved to allow them. I have used the HS/Chocolite products for many months without any adverse effect, but I know that others may have different tolerances!

Last edited by Briael; 04-26-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:13 PM   #39  

28!
Have you started calling him a protein powder hoarder yet?
Old 04-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #40  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
28!
Hahaha, no, but I do moan that my pantry is over 50% protein powders these days and I'm lacking room to put regular foods in there! He, of course, doesn't think that's a problem.

I tend to steer him away from GNC, VitaminShoppe and HealthFood stores when it's time to go shopping though.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
28!
Yikes, Briael! I thought it was a bit excessive for me to have 4, lol.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:04 PM   #42  

Frawniemae- Great job, I am going on a trip in May and plan to stay OP, have to as have been messing around four months. Have stayed OP since last Tuesday- Feel so much better, when on OP. You have given me inspiration!!!!!

Lisa- Thanks for all the support you give everyone.

My goal this week is to post here everyday, with everyone's support we can do this!!! Want to support other's also.

Last edited by ssdlturtle; 04-26-2015 at 02:05 PM.
ssdlturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #43  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

The first two pics are from Holbrook, Arizona and where we stayed at the Wigwam Hotel. Pretty cool place; your "room" is the wigwam and all these classic old cars are just parked there. The third is just a sample of the Grand Canyon. No one can capture the grandeur of that place. It's just too big. The sun kind of washed the color out and since I am no where near a professional photographer, that's the best I got. The trail you can see just right of center is about 1/2 mile below us. It goes to the edge of that outcrop and then I guess continues down. We didn't hike "in" the canyon; just along the rim for about a mile or so. And there were places you could go right to the edge, literally, and look down, with no guard rails. Not the place to go with toddlers or adventuresome kids, for sure. We both kept saying our son Chris would have been a handful there as he was (and still is at 24) one to push his limits!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rte662.jpg (64.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg wwcars1.jpg (43.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg grandcanyon.jpg (66.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by frawniemae; 04-26-2015 at 02:40 PM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Great pix frawniemae! DH & I loved Seligman on Rt 66 and the Grand Canyon of course. It IS breathtaking!
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #45  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Well, I am home from my 2 week trip and let me tell you - I have seen some beautiful sights, stayed in some great hotels, met some really neat people and drove on some awesome roads! PLUS I stayed OP as much as I could! I did try a small bite of hubbie's "still warm from the oven" pecan pie in Pietown New Mexico, a small slice of some wonderful fresh wheat bread that a few months ago I would have eaten the whole dang loaf (it was baked at a B&B where we were the only guests-I couldn't let that work go to waste ), and 2 chips worth of fresh tortilla at a great Mexican restaurant where my main course was plain grilled chicken over a bed of lettuce and tomato with fresh pico and salsa to dress it. It was delicious! I can only imagine how good the rest of the food was! It was hard at times to watch others eat all those yummy carbs but I was determined to "be good"! My wonderful, sensitive and very supportive husband was worried everytime we went into a restaurant that I would be able to find something that I could eat. I told him to order what he wanted and I'd figure the menu out. Every place we ate at was very accommodating when I asked for no sauce, oil, marinades, extra veggies etc. And none charged extra for substitutions! We ate most of our lunches in the car as we drove from place to place (raw broccoli, cauliflower, mini bell peppers travel very well in a good ice chest!) with the occasional Subway salad topped with our own "tuna from a pouch" and WF dressings. IP (or alternative) crisps rounded out the meal.
As of this morning, on my scale, I have lost just under 8 pounds since my last weigh-in on 4/7. Not bad for being away from home and on vacation for 2 weeks!

My computer needs an overhaul so I don't have a program downloaded yet that will let me edit my pics so that they can be posted here. Working on it. I have a couple that I want to share so bad!
So happy to see you back Sounds like an awesome trip and you did fantastic!

I have been MIA from the board most of April because my DH was in the hospital most of the month. But I stayed 100% throughout it all and had some good losses again this month. Will get back to posting daily at least in the "What are you eating" thread.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by scorpio53; 04-26-2015 at 02:59 PM.
scorpio53 is offline   Reply With Quote