Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 175/159.4/133

Height: 5ft 7in

Hello! I'm new to the board. Started IP on 5/11. I don't usually join forums, but found a lot of good info and inspiration on here!
Old 05-18-2015, 06:56 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 220/220/145

Height: 5'5"

started p1=04/20/15 =202.8
first weigh in 4/23/15=199
second weigh in 5/07/15= 198
3rd weigh in 5/14/15=193.6
this is truly a mental thing because diet isn't that bad... I'm determined to stay focused
Old 05-18-2015, 08:41 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 209.5/196.9/150

Height: 5'3"

I began IP on April 22nd and I have to say I'm really enjoying it! After I got over my craving for red wine it was easier. lol. I've never eaten so well and my skin looks amazing.
Gratitude to all who've posted to the forums. I've learned as much here as from my coach and I'm looking forward to making some new friends.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 201/186/130

Height: 5' 1"

Great terminology. I love it. I am going to use. We went camping this weekend and I am happy to say that I did not have any problems. My friends were very supportive. I was focused and at P1 only!!!!! We are camping againt his weekend with a bigger group but I am sure I will not
have any problems! My husband is very supportive. But I find this 'medical protocol" very easy to follow!
Old 05-18-2015, 10:22 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 252 / 252 / 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Stopping in to say hi to my fellow April starters! What's working well for everyone now that we're a month or so into IP? What's NOT working as well?

I'm 3 weeks in.

What's working well for me:
  • I'm super happy to be losing weight.
  • Packaged foods are just so easy & this has made the diet much easier to stick to. A big part of my problem before was being tired from work/life and not wanting to expend the energy to shop and cook so I frequently resorted to takeout, eating out, and convenience foods. Part of my program is working with a registered dietician to fix some micronutrient deficiencies so I am hoping my energy will improve in the long run. I am already seeing improvements in this area after working with her for a few months.
  • IP in general is relatively painless. I don't feel deprived or hungry.

What's not working well for me:
  • I have overestimated my ability to "wait to get home" a couple of times when I've been out at a very long event. For the most part I have been really prepared with my own meals and IP foods, but twice I have assumed I would be fine and ended up soooo hungry that I just ate what was on offer (and not on plan). I learned from the first time and prepared better for the second one, but still had only brought a couple of IP foods and raw veggies, and it wasn't enough for a 9-hour day away from home. If there's anything good in these situations... I left each lapse at one meal, tracked everything, and got right back on the IP bandwagon. I have also survived quite a few other events on plan. This is great progress for me. And I learned something too: Be prepared!
  • I'm having a hard time reaching my fiber goals unless I use a Quest bar as one of my IP items (always count it as restricted). I know veggies have fiber, but I must not be picking the right ones because I don't get very far with them.
I find this protocol surprisingly easy to follow. I'm not sure if it's the ease of the plan, or the hunger suppression that naturally comes from ketosis, but I think this is the first diet I've done for an entire month without cheating at all.

I'm 4 weeks in and down almost 17 lbs. I'm pretty excited. I seem to be leveling off, so I'm not expecting "big" numbers each week, but if I have an average of 2ish lbs per week, I'll be ecstatic.

The two things I'm having trouble with are 1) water (because I don't like water), and 2) supplements (because I'm just very forgetful, and they're like horse pills, which is probably contributing to my "memory loss").
Old 05-19-2015, 06:26 AM   #186  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Wow! Sounds like everyone is doing great. My 4th WI is on Thursday. I just came back after a long weekend at the cottage and was able to stay OP. I find it easier now because I feel great. Usually I stuff my face at the cottage at dinner and then I can barely move after so I sit on the couch or go to bed. Now I have so much energy. Just an FYI about the supplements, they're critical to your well being. When you read other threads, posters are advising how awful they feel when they don't take them. I lost some weight before on JC and a lot of my hair fell out. So I'm committed to taking them.
Stay strong all!
Old 05-19-2015, 06:55 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 252.2/213.0/145/size 8

Height: 5'6"

Three week done and I'm down 11.4 pounds. Woo hoo!
Old 05-19-2015, 07:35 PM   #188  
Started IP 4/23/15

S/C/G: 237/226.2/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiannalove View Post
I find this protocol surprisingly easy to follow. I'm not sure if it's the ease of the plan, or the hunger suppression that naturally comes from ketosis, but I think this is the first diet I've done for an entire month without cheating at all.

I'm 4 weeks in and down almost 17 lbs. I'm pretty excited. I seem to be leveling off, so I'm not expecting "big" numbers each week, but if I have an average of 2ish lbs per week, I'll be ecstatic.

The two things I'm having trouble with are 1) water (because I don't like water), and 2) supplements (because I'm just very forgetful, and they're like horse pills, which is probably contributing to my "memory loss").
That's fantastic! It must feel good to be down 17#. Are you in a new size yet?

I have a hard time with water too sometimes, just because I like my water VERY cold & we don't have ice at work. So I bring a thermos full of ice that I add water to throughout the day. I know I'm probably beating a dead horse, but have you tried squeezing lemon in your water or doing some kind of infusion like cucumber? I like plain water just fine, but this website makes infused waters look really good. Of course, we'd have to choose recipes that wouldn't have carbs but there are several that are not sweet fruit based.

I'm trying to get better about my supplements too. I forget them once or twice a week.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #189  
IP start April 20, 2015

4th WI and down another 3lbs for a total of 17.5. Woohoo! I have a long way to go but I'm excited too.
If you're having trouble taking all the water, my coach recommended adding a few drops of liquid chlorophyll. It's got a bit of a spearmint taste and tons of health benefits. I really like it. Keep up the great work all!
Old 05-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 220/211/180

Height: 5'11" (33 yrs old)

The chlorophyll is a good idea! I never can get all my water for the day since it's just, well, tasteless.

At my last weigh-in on Tuesday, I was down 21.6 pounds (started 5/5). I had a really good "motivational" talk with my coach. She challenged me to not weigh myself for this next week since I was getting totally neurotic about it. I was SO discouraged last week since I felt like my weight loss was really slowing down, and weekends are now full with being surrounded by food and feeling deprived (birthday parties, work events, family BBQs, ect). I set a date of June 12th to start phasing to Phase 2. I'm hoping to get into the 170's by then.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:07 PM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlrg View Post
4th WI and down another 3lbs for a total of 17.5. Woohoo! I have a long way to go but I'm excited too.
If you're having trouble taking all the water, my coach recommended adding a few drops of liquid chlorophyll. It's got a bit of a spearmint taste and tons of health benefits. I really like it. Keep up the great work all!
Wow great tip - I just ordered some online. It does seem to have a lot of health benefits.
I also put some sea salt and lemon in my water and that helps.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-22-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #192  
IP start April 20, 2015

Grateful4health: Yes lemon is great too! It's not on the P1 sheet but I was told it was ok to squeeze a whole lemon everyday. I start the day with a giant glass of water with lemon. So far the weight loss has been steady so hopefully it continues. I'm still 200+.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:18 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 252 / 252 / 135

Week 5, another 2.4 down, 19.2 total. It's getting a bit boring, BUT I discovered some of the IP recipes this week. Currently enamored with the broccoli cheese "bread" so I'm looking for other similar ideas. It's nice to eat something vaguely similar to bread.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 213/160/135

Height: 5ft 3 inces

It is great to see everyone making such good progress...I have been averaging two pounds a week too..
Old 05-23-2015, 08:45 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 252.2/213.0/145/size 8

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Stopping in to say hi to my fellow April starters! [B]What's working well for everyone now that we're a month or so into IP? What's NOT working as well?[/B
My fourth weigh in is on Monday. What's working well for me is the simplicity. I freeze protein into 2 or 4 oz portions so I can have the flexibility I need each day and still meet the requirements. Before I started this diet I was concerned that I would hate the IP products but I've found a lot of items that I really like. I don't ever feel deprived. I can really see myself getting to my ideal weight, which I have NEVER imagined with other programs.

There is very little that I dislike. I have to cook a lot more than before, which also means more dishes 😒. The big "C", and my system is still not fully back in track. Every diet comes with some sacrifice, but I don't miss the things I've had to give up.
Closed Thread