Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #91  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

I'm on day 7! Went for my weigh in yesterday and I was down 5.2 lbs! I was up last week so had to take that off too, but still so happy!
I haven't stepped on my own scale and I didn't ask my coach my weight, just how much I was down. The number on the scale has really been playing mind games with me lately so I'm avoiding it and gonna power through until I'm committed enough that the number won't send me into a tailspin!
Congrats to all you out there having such great weigh ins!
With the weather warming up and me starting to get back into my spring wardrobe, I'm desperate to lose the weight so I can fit everything again!
Old 04-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Day 13: I missed my first weigh-in on weds.. But went in today to get some food and she squeezed me in to do my weigh-in... Down 11 lbs in 13 days !!! Whoo hoo!

Yesterday was SO hard, I wanted to have cocktails w my hubby soooo bad and I almost gave in and had a vodka soda with crystal light... But I didn't do it!! Feeling so happy I was strong, especially after seeing my progress!!

Last edited by ForSkye; 04-25-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrindarella View Post
Thank you all for responding to my post, you all made me feel a whole lot better! I know I am going to be successful this time around because I have the support of this forum! I think that's where I screwed up the last times; I would read the forums but wouldn't interact. Thanks again for helping me get off to a good start!
Lol.. This is so me.. Long time forum lurker.. First time actually posting was right before I restarted.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #94  
Started IP 4/23/15

S/C/G: 237/226.2/150

Height: 5'5"

You guys are all having such good success in your first weeks! I'm only on day 4 & have been staying off the scale, but I'm hoping to have a good loss too.

I planned to split my protein into a lunch and dinner portion of 4 oz each, but I didn't get there today. The steak I had was almost exactly 8 oz before cooking so I just ate the whole thing in one meal today.

I made some taco meat in preparation for the work week ahead. I cooked some veggies into it. I cooked a pound of meat and divided it into 4 equal portions so I could have 4 oz portions to take to work. Will top some greens with it to have taco salad. Too bad I can't add cheese or avocado.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #95  
Started IP 4/23/15

S/C/G: 237/226.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSkye View Post
Yesterday was SO hard, I wanted to have cocktails w my hubby soooo bad and I almost gave in and had a vodka soda with crystal light... But I didn't do it!!
Nice work!

I've also had a few temptations like that already in my first week. I'm trying to keep my social life intact, but it's been very hard to resist temptations when I'm out with others or in a situation at someone's house where they control the entire menu. I'm not ready to be public with the diet yet so I feel a little awkward saying no to a drink or treat.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:26 AM   #96  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
You guys are all having such good success in your first weeks! I'm only on day 4 & have been staying off the scale, but I'm hoping to have a good loss too.

I planned to split my protein into a lunch and dinner portion of 4 oz each, but I didn't get there today. The steak I had was almost exactly 8 oz before cooking so I just ate the whole thing in one meal today.

I made some taco meat in preparation for the work week ahead. I cooked some veggies into it. I cooked a pound of meat and divided it into 4 equal portions so I could have 4 oz portions to take to work. Will top some greens with it to have taco salad. Too bad I can't add cheese or avocado.
Way to go on planning!

Don't know if you're aware but many health food shops (I know Sprouts sell it) have veggie shreds that you can use sparingly in place of cheese if you really feel the need to add that flavour.

Can't help you on the alternatives to avocado - still looking for that myself. Maybe some liquidised asparagus with olive oil and lemon juice? Similar texture if nothing else?
Old 04-27-2015, 01:09 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 165.4 /165.4/120

Height: 5'3''

Smile Survived day 1

I survived day 1!
I have 45 lbs to go, and currently at 40% body fat.

Nice to meet you all.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:14 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 165.4 /165.4/120

Height: 5'3''

Default how do you measure precooked meat?

I just realized, I may have cheated from Day 1.

I got lean ham (precooked), but measured 200g (8oz), which was a lot.
Then I checked my binder, and it says before cooking.

Do you guys have any idea on how to much cooked meat I can get?
Old 04-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hi I am Lexi. I started 8 days ago and I am down 4-5 lbs. Im doing ok so far. I have 19 to 21 lbs to go. This is my second whirl at IP. I did great the first time in early 2013. Then life happened and I gained all but most of it back.
I want to reach my goal by end of June. I am concerned about hair thinning and loss, as it happened to me my first try at IP. I love IP because I finally get thin legs on this diet and the cellulite reduction is pretty miraculous. I loved the way I looked after I finished last time. I hope I succeed again
Old 04-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 213/205/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alderflower View Post
I just realized, I may have cheated from Day 1.

I got lean ham (precooked), but measured 200g (8oz), which was a lot.
Then I checked my binder, and it says before cooking.

Do you guys have any idea on how to much cooked meat I can get?

Honestly, I eat 8 oz of chicken during a normal day, but my first week I have been weighing it cooked for simplicity's sake... Whoops... Not exactly
Protocol but I've still lost almost 10 lbs my first week. What I would suggest, and what I will be trying next week, is portioning your oz or grams out before cooking and then you know each slice or "batch" is 4 or 8 oz depending on your plan. For example, I'm going to cut up my chicken breasts into 4 oz sections, then cook it, and then I know I can grab any piece I want after cooking because they were all 4 oz- don't have to worry about weighing!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 168/152/125

Height: 5'7"

Cool New to IP

Good Morning All today is day 5 of my IP weight loss beginning. I am cranky today and feeling a little discouraged what showed as a 6lb loss yesterday is back up 2lb today I know I should not weigh everyday. My husband started with me or I should say I started with him. Though I think I will have success with this I am very worried about my husband. He does not like any vegetables except green beans, lettuce, radish, cucumbers, celery and bell peppers. I am finding it challenging to find things to fix for him. Is there a place I can go for SERIOUSLY picky eaters to find ways to mix those very few vegetables? I was also looking for a place that gives examples of peoples actual days of what they ate.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:46 AM   #102  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengele View Post
Honestly, I eat 8 oz of chicken during a normal day, but my first week I have been weighing it cooked for simplicity's sake... Whoops... Not exactly
Protocol but I've still lost almost 10 lbs my first week. What I would suggest, and what I will be trying next week, is portioning your oz or grams out before cooking and then you know each slice or "batch" is 4 or 8 oz depending on your plan. For example, I'm going to cut up my chicken breasts into 4 oz sections, then cook it, and then I know I can grab any piece I want after cooking because they were all 4 oz- don't have to worry about weighing!
Great idea. The time outlay in portioning it out before cooking will be more than worth it for the ease of prep when you're hungry! It should also help with not "just having a little bit more" when you are cooking while hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear2269 View Post
Good Morning All today is day 5 of my IP weight loss beginning. I am cranky today and feeling a little discouraged what showed as a 6lb loss yesterday is back up 2lb today I know I should not weigh everyday. My husband started with me or I should say I started with him. Though I think I will have success with this I am very worried about my husband. He does not like any vegetables except green beans, lettuce, radish, cucumbers, celery and bell peppers. I am finding it challenging to find things to fix for him. Is there a place I can go for SERIOUSLY picky eaters to find ways to mix those very few vegetables? I was also looking for a place that gives examples of peoples actual days of what they ate.
Perfectly normal. Your body isn't a fixed weight during any given day - you will fluctuate due to water retention, hormone changes, amount of gas and waste products in your intestines. This is why people just starting out on IP are encouraged not to weigh on a daily basis - it can distract you from the success that you ARE actually having.

Some vegetables hold water for digestion purposes, if you have a meat that is high in natural sodium, or you add splenda/stevia/xylitol to your drinks or oatmeal - there are LOTS of reasons for the swings. Even a 16oz glass of water weighs a lb, so if you drink before you get on the scales you will reflect any water you've been drinking.

Relax, let IP do its work for you and go out and enjoy your life!
Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 201/186/130

Height: 5' 1"

I started April 23. I just checked my blood sugar and it has gone down signaficately. Here is hoping this is a trend and off insulin!!!! Welcome to IP
Old 04-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 201/186/130

Height: 5' 1"

I have been a grazer type of eater. Eat every 3-4 hours. Does anyone know on IP can you divide your food up during the day. Lunch have one IP item then 2 cups of selected veggies. around 2pm have unlimited raw veggies. 4 have IP snack?

I didn't know if this would throw of the ketosis process or not.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 259/222/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Vitamin question

Just restarted my IP AFTER 2 years. I can't recall how much vitamin/ cal/mag ect to take Dailey . Can someone redirect me and to alternatives
Closed Thread