Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #136  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

S/C/G: 171/134.2/140

Height: 5'2", 56 yrs

Welcome Karebear! Lisa posts the instructions for the tickers at the beginning of the daily/weekend threads. It is pasted below:

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions (the link is in her post). Enjoy!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 201/186/130

Height: 5' 1"

Well, frankly that stinks. Why should we have to wait 20 days when we have been posting in the forum right off the bat. I look at this sight as a place to get encouragement and advice. I can post right of the bat but need to wait 20 days to be able to add a simple ticker.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 168/152/125

Height: 5'7"

yeah that does stink
Old 04-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #139  

Thank you RA 2 for the info
Old 04-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #140  

Lexi did you do the cellulite protocol the 1st go round
Old 04-30-2015, 04:16 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 146/140/119

Default New IP'er

Hello!

This is my first time trying IP Diet and I just started IP a week ago and had my first WI today. 6lbs lost the first week! Had a couple of hiccups and was glad to see that I still did okay.

Hope to gain encouragement and support from this board!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #142  
Started IP 4/23/15

S/C/G: 237/226.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Depends which packet you are adding. You might want to use the chicken soup and add in some shredded chicken with the 2c of veggies. But do you really want to get into the habit of having , say, a pudding packet as a lunch meal?

Aim to bring it more in line with the 4 meals per day, but don't panic about having the food split over 5 meals for now, so much as making sure that you get all your food requirements (I prefer to think of them as reqs rather than allowances) in. If you're still seeing decent or good losses then it's obviously not harming you. Keep reassessing how you feel, how much protein you can take it, what you can do to align it, but you're always going to have days when you struggle to get any form of eating routine going.
Thank you for the advice. I will just try do do what seems to work best on any given day and not sweat the small stuff. You are so right about "you're always going to have days when you struggle to get any form of eating routine going." I guess it's OK and I just need to be flexible with myself (especially because my personality doesn't agree with having too much structure/planning - that actually stresses me out more!). I'm definitely not even in a routine yet anyway. Some days I've done a larger dinner with all my protein, some days I've split, some days I've eaten more meals early, and some days I've had to scramble to get everything in at the end of the day.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #143  
Started IP 4/23/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Bongo - I wouldn't worry too much about about WHEN you're eating everything, as long as you ARE eating everything. For now just stick to the basic protocol and do what you have to do to stay satisfied. If you having 5 snacks/meals a day keeps you on track, do that. Once you get closer to goal your weight loss will probably slow down and then you might want to start playing with it a little more and limiting when you eat certain foods (some people omit restricteds all together or only eat them before 3:00). For now, if you're continuously losing, I would say just do what keeps you happy and on track!
More good advice on not micromanaging this diet. Your words were so reassuring. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 152/138/136

Height: 5'6"

Just had my second weigh in and down 3 lbs, 4.5 inches, and 1.9 % body fat.

Although it seems slow --6.6 lbs in two weeks, my coach said most women only loose 2lbs per week. Very happy with my results.

Not being able to have a ticker yet seems like a very strange rule.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Karebear2269,

Welcome, I did the cellulite protocol maybe three days total but not all at once. I did one every few weeks. I get really weak when I don't eat any meat, so it was super tough for me. I don't have a ton of cellulite past 125 lbs and under tho, im lucky in that I have thin legs. I would do the cellulite protocol when I was stalling in my weight loss and I needed to get the scale moving. I remember I was stuck at 125 and 121 for too long.... I did it to get the scale to move. I plan on trying to do it this time when I get stuck too. Does that help? Lmk if you need anything else, I am here
Old 05-01-2015, 05:22 PM   #146  
Kitty

S/C/G: 200/181/140

Hi All!

Restarter here. I did IP back in 2012 with great success, and was able to keep the weight off up until 6 months ago.

Life happened and after a series of life-changing misfortunes, I regained almost all the weight back.

I had a really great coach the first time around, and this time I don't feel as supported. There aren't many clinics offering it near me, so I settled on the lesser of the evils. It's at a laser clinic and they keep trying to sell me stuff I don't need (B12 injections, laser for cellulite, etc.). I'm really hoping that I won't fall off the wagon, as I really want to feel healthy again.

It's day 2 for me, and I'm already experiencing the headache/nausea. I definitely don't miss this, but I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by IttyBittyKitty; 05-01-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 220/211/180

Height: 5'11" (33 yrs old)

Passed one major hurtle yesterday - meeting a bunch of folks at a local government event and not drinking (open bar) or eating anything off-protocol (e.g., all the passed appetizers)! Stuck with 8 oz Salmon (not marinated) on a salad with cucumbers and 2 tsp olive oil. Win!
Old 05-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #148  
Started IP 4/23/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by IttyBittyKitty View Post
I had a really great coach the first time around, and this time I don't feel as supported. There aren't many clinics offering it near me, so I settled on the lesser of the evils. It's at a laser clinic and they keep trying to sell me stuff I don't need (B12 injections, laser for cellulite, etc.). I'm really hoping that I won't fall off the wagon, as I really want to feel healthy again.

It's day 2 for me, and I'm already experiencing the headache/nausea. I definitely don't miss this, but I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Good luck in your journey! It seems like you're really ready to make this a permanent thing this time. I didn't have headaches, but I know what you mean about the nausea. I was very nauseated for about 1 day. It passed quickly for me, and I hope it does for you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMegs5 View Post
Passed one major hurtle yesterday - meeting a bunch of folks at a local government event and not drinking (open bar) or eating anything off-protocol (e.g., all the passed appetizers)! Stuck with 8 oz Salmon (not marinated) on a salad with cucumbers and 2 tsp olive oil. Win!
Congratulations on your success!
Old 05-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #149  
Kitty

S/C/G: 200/181/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Good luck in your journey! It seems like you're really ready to make this a permanent thing this time. I didn't have headaches, but I know what you mean about the nausea. I was very nauseated for about 1 day. It passed quickly for me, and I hope it does for you too.

Congratulations on your success!
Thanks, Bongo! I'm already feeling better today. Onward and upward!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #150  

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,
My second time on IP. So happy to be here with all of you!
Closed Thread