Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 06:59 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekend Chat April 10-12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #2  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Ha ha ha, this morning I figured out what my next goal is!!! It's to weight what my drivers license says I weigh. At my current loss rate I should be there in mid to late May.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Ha ha ha, this morning I figured out what my next goal is!!! It's to weight what my drivers license says I weigh. At my current loss rate I should be there in mid to late May.
I hit that GOAL as of this morning!!!!! Not much but a Great Mini Goal. I actually ended up a pound Below!
Old 04-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

I checked my license, it doesn't even have my weight on it, which is too bad, because I would have marched down to the DMV and proudly got it changed lol!

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend
Old 04-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #5  

Funny little topic we are on... I went to the DMV a few weeks ago to update my license...the guy who took my picture stopped me to tell me how incredible it was that I had been able to make such a huge life change - I guess he could see my old picture and stats on the screen when he was uploading my new picture. Somehow those types of interactions can often a little awkward for me, as often what I am actually feeling are their body or food issues being projected onto me, but this gentleman was just genuinely kind and encouraging, which was really nice.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #6  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

LOL GD ... was it accurate when you got it or did you "fudge" it a little?

I'm glad my military ID and driver's licence are up for replacement next year as I don't look anything like my picture on either anymore.

Rediscovered the joy of having a little rotisserie. Finally got round to reading the booklet that came with it and it's given me some inspiration for some alternatives to chicken, beef and pork. Maybe I'll venture into some fish other than salmon. I'm all about as little cooking as possible.

Last edited by Briael; 04-10-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Default Question for Experienced IPers

Due to a sensitive palate, I have very few IP packets I can tolerate. I read on 3fc that one of them, 'Blueberry/Cranberry/Pom', is not a 'complete protein' meal but I don't know what that means. Am I cheating myself out of the necessary high protein? Since I consume limited IP items should I drop this one and try to find another drink that would benefit me more? Also, I often don't eat an evening IP snack as I'm so full all the time. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieCJ View Post
Due to a sensitive palate, I have very few IP packets I can tolerate. I read on 3fc that one of them, 'Blueberry/Cranberry/Pom', is not a 'complete protein' meal but I don't know what that means. Am I cheating myself out of the necessary high protein? Since I consume limited IP items should I drop this one and try to find another drink that would benefit me more? Also, I often don't eat an evening IP snack as I'm so full all the time. Thanks in advance.
The Blueberry/Cran/Pom and the Raspberry Jello (I'm not sure about the Cherry) don't contain all 20 amino acids that make up complete proteins. Using them daily could result in some muscle loss if your body isn't getting enough of what it needs from dinner protein.

I'd suggest trying some of the Syntrex nectars. They mix up into similar fruity drinks but are complete proteins. Nashua sells single serving ones, so you could try a variety of flavors and find ones you like.

Hopefully your coach would support the use of an alternative for one of your packets given your sensitivities. It seems like they are more lenient with those who have soy allergies and other such issues.

Your snack doesn't need to be in the evening. I often use the fruit beverages as a water additive throughout the day. I mix up one serving in the morning and add a little it to my water cup each time I refill it. That way I get the protein in with my water requirement on days I know I won't get around to a snack.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...-servings.html
Old 04-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #9  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
The Blueberry/Cran/Pom and the Raspberry Jello (I'm not sure about the Cherry) don't contain all 20 amino acids that make up complete proteins. Using them daily could result in some muscle loss if your body isn't getting enough of what it needs from dinner protein.

I'd suggest trying some of the Syntrex nectars. They mix up into similar fruity drinks but are complete proteins. Nashua sells single serving ones, so you could try a variety of flavors and find ones you like.
You can have the incomplete protein packets as a freebie every other day though. The gelatin content is good for helping with hair loss and brittle nails, too.

I can personally vouch for the Syntrax Strawberry and Kiwi. It's yummy. It's just as yummy when half a scoop is mixed with half a scoop of the IP vanilla drink too. Like a dreamsicle.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/215/175

I have a busy weekend coming up and since I just restarted I am nervous with 2 birthday parties and a cookout Grr so I just need to plan, plan, plan and keep coming back to the site for inspiration
Old 04-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #11  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Reporting in on a successful first leg of our trip. We were up just before 4am, on the road by 430am, made it to the other side (over 750 miles for the day) of Texas almost exactly 12 hours later at 415pm and just got settled into our first hotel of the trip. i hope this is a good sign for the remainder of our trip! the wildflowers were gorgeous and once we got to what is considered the west Texas desert area, it looked like God had just dumped buckets of yellow paint all over the desert floor! Beautiful! And every time I thought about stopping for a pic, traffic would thicken or there would be a strip of road construction...so, no pics yet. Maybe they will still be there when we are coming back through. I sure wanted to get a pic of that... I know we are going to see so much more natural beauty as we continue our travels. Food situation so far so good. I'll continue to post in the "what are you eating Ipeeps" thread to keep me on track.
Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #12  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Went to the mall with a friend this evening, trying to get my 10000 steps done. I ended up buying an outfit that's 2 sizes too small (on purpose ;-)) for motivation. I got a great deal on it! When I got home, I laid it out, snapped a picture with my phone and set it as my lock screen and wallpaper. Now, if I get tempted or just fed up with IP, I just need to look at my phone to keep going!
Old 04-11-2015, 12:44 AM   #13  

Great to hear from you frawniemae - glad to hear your first day went so well. Have a great next day and weekend!
Old 04-11-2015, 01:09 AM   #14  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyboomama View Post
Went to the mall with a friend this evening, trying to get my 10000 steps done. I ended up buying an outfit that's 2 sizes too small (on purpose ;-)) for motivation. I got a great deal on it! When I got home, I laid it out, snapped a picture with my phone and set it as my lock screen and wallpaper. Now, if I get tempted or just fed up with IP, I just need to look at my phone to keep going!
Love it! What a great idea!
Old 04-11-2015, 08:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

In the midst of week 8, 21.8 lbs so far-weigh in in 2 hours...always nervous that this will be the week of zero- I know that everyone goes through that-or so it seems, just keeping my fingers crossed for at least a pound. I am strict IP, no messing around with the system that works- at least not yet-
Closed Thread