Old 04-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/171/125

Height: 5ft

Default Quitting IP

So I've been on IP for over 5 weeks now. today is my WI day and I just text my coach and told her I was quitting. Don't get me wrong the program works and I lose 3-4 pounds consistently every week, the food doesn't bother me and all is fine. The price of this diet is INSANE! I knew the cost going in but I'm starting to really resent $400 a month. I feel like I could do this on my own for half the price, I don't really get coaching unless telling me to step on the scale and handing me my IP products coaching (similar to the exchange I have with the person who checks out my groceries).

When I told my coach today she said tried to justify it by saying $400 hundred was covering 75% of my food costs. OMG I don't even spend that much in one month on normal food (including Starbucks and alcohol which I didn't really do in the first place). She said I would have to go in and they would have to wean me of IP products, which sounds ridiculous. I haven't heard back since I told her I stopped eating the foods a fee days ago (now miraculously the strange heart palpitations I just started to get a few weeks ago are gone).

Has anyone else liked the program but quit because of the costs? Anyone had success of their own? Are all "coaches" like this?

I don't know if I'm making the right decision but $400 a month is really adding up!
corileahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #2  

Closest clinic to me is an hour away and we are a one income family, so I chose to start with alternative products from the beginning. On day 17 and I'm down 14 pounds. Because you are already very familiar with the IP protocol you should be able to switch to alternatives just fine. Coaching isn't necessary for success. They all give out different information anyway.
simplchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #3  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Hey Corileahs,

I'm sorry you feel the need to quit due to the cost. I didn't go near the IP clinics for the same reason- I just can't afford to spend that much!

A lot of us are having success with alternative products- I'm 5 weeks in myself, and I've lost 20 pounds using alternatives. Feel free to join us in the alternative products thread, if you're interested in continuing your IP journey and need some help choosing your products.
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Sorry to hear but understand. My decision to not use the products was b/c of limitations with soy so I do IP with a combination of some alt-products and real food. As Shark points out, there is a great alt-product thread and a lot of us are here doing IP successfully.
For example, I go to GNC to buy Quest bars and chips (on sale), I search around the Internet for good deals on whey protein powder (which can be turned in tons of delicious edibles - or just used as a drink), I buy our veggies at the local Korean market (most - there are a few things I only buy organic now and go to Wegmans for). I buy meat and eggs in bulk.
Part of this too is how much effort you want to put in. Again, I generally try to eat mostly real food - ie, today breakfast was 2 hard boiled eggs, lunch was a salad (lettuce, peppers, mushrooms) with 3 oz of lean pork, dinner is grilled salmon with Mexican-cauli-rice I prepared on Sunday & snack with be jicama sprinkled with cinnamon. It is completely do-able & I wish you the best
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/161/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry to hear that you are quitting especially since you've been having such nice successes. I switched to alternatives last week because I wanted to cut costs while following IP protocol. I've actually had one of the biggest losses since switching. Read the thread on alternatives first you might find it helpful.
kdramalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/171/125

Height: 5ft

Whooo hoooo

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I just ordered some food that was IP compatible and I am so excited, I have heard awesome successes. I saved over $250 for the month! I guess I should buy a good scale now and maybe a tape measure.
corileahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:30 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by corileahs View Post
So I've been on IP for over 5 weeks now. today is my WI day and I just text my coach and told her I was quitting. Don't get me wrong the program works and I lose 3-4 pounds consistently every week, the food doesn't bother me and all is fine. The price of this diet is INSANE! I knew the cost going in but I'm starting to really resent $400 a month. I feel like I could do this on my own for half the price, I don't really get coaching unless telling me to step on the scale and handing me my IP products coaching (similar to the exchange I have with the person who checks out my groceries).

When I told my coach today she said tried to justify it by saying $400 hundred was covering 75% of my food costs. OMG I don't even spend that much in one month on normal food (including Starbucks and alcohol which I didn't really do in the first place). She said I would have to go in and they would have to wean me of IP products, which sounds ridiculous. I haven't heard back since I told her I stopped eating the foods a fee days ago (now miraculously the strange heart palpitations I just started to get a few weeks ago are gone).

Has anyone else liked the program but quit because of the costs? Anyone had success of their own? Are all "coaches" like this?

I don't know if I'm making the right decision but $400 a month is really adding up!
I would look into alternatives - esp the thread on here the people have been so amazing - - I have done IP lost 120 lbs threw a coach and gained it back due to my own choices - I now doing it threw alternatives as per other posts have said - I am just getting my stuff together to do it but I have managed to cut the 400$ in half at least - my first order of goodies was just over 200$ but I also plan to use a powdered protien Shake for a lot of my on the go meals saving me even more money -- your coach doesn't know your financial state - I wouldn't quit I would honestly look at the alternatives cuz this diet dose work !!
Dinie89 is offline   Reply With Quote