Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #226  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Cheryl - I see you are still basking in the glow of the 4 lb loss

Today was a good day. Great mtg. They agreed to buy so we are on to the next steps to work out final details. I am now waiting for plane to take me home. Of course, it is delayed - I'm very tired but didn't even have a sniff of the pizza served in our working lunch meeting. Taking along the muffins is so convenient and they are so filling! I need sleep! I will pass out on the plane. I am not feeling well now - I don't know if it is from insufficient sleep or my symptoms being exacerbated by going back on phase 1. I'll see how I feel after a good night's sleep but right now I am nauseous and have a terrible headache. I hope it is not the diet!!!

Last edited by Ro22; 04-25-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #227  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Nice work this week, Summer Starters! I am happy to see some whooshes for those who have stuck it out through slow and slightly up weeks.

As of yesterday, I have done Phase 1 for 8 months. As of today, I am 1.2lbs away from a 100b. loss! Even though I haven't reached my "goal" yet, I am starting phase 2 this week. More than a little nervous about losing my "packet security blanket" and not really looking forward to the increased planning and food prep required, but I am taking the leap.

My %bodyfat is still too high, as is my BMI, but I am adding more exercise in the hope that, even if the scale doesn't move, I can get the fat% down. If not, I may switch back to Phase 1 in a couple of months. In the meantime, I am off to start reading the maintenance threads.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #228  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
Nice work this week, Summer Starters! I am happy to see some whooshes for those who have stuck it out through slow and slightly up weeks.

As of yesterday, I have done Phase 1 for 8 months. As of today, I am 1.2lbs away from a 100b. loss! Even though I haven't reached my "goal" yet, I am starting phase 2 this week. More than a little nervous about losing my "packet security blanket" and not really looking forward to the increased planning and food prep required, but I am taking the leap.

My %bodyfat is still too high, as is my BMI, but I am adding more exercise in the hope that, even if the scale doesn't move, I can get the fat% down. If not, I may switch back to Phase 1 in a couple of months. In the meantime, I am off to start reading the maintenance threads.
Spectacular results, Loser58 !!! Looking forward to being with you in maintenance pretty soon.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:54 PM   #229  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Yay, Loser58, another one shortly joining the 100+ club. So happy for you.

You can do maintenance, I have confidence in you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Spectacular results, Loser58 !!! Looking forward to being with you in maintenance pretty soon.
Fingers crossed for another good week for you, Cheryl.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:04 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Way to plan ahead to stay strong, Sue.

I have done the same - very long and important day for me today. I'm headed to your neck of the woods to present a proposal to a customer for my new business. 5:30 am flight with an 8:30 pm return flight which means I had to be up at 3 am and will get home after 10 pm. I packed my baked muffins for breakfast and my snack as well as spinach salad with eggs for lunch and I will stop at Whole Foods on way to airport tonight to get a salad to go with chicken for my plane ride home so I think I have a good plan for this long day. Fingers crossed for me today - this would be our first sale in our new business. Although, it will still take a couple of weeks to finalize if today goes well, it is important milestone as we need to ensure they agree on scope, timing and price. This is very exciting and certainly helping by taking mind off my mini-reboot. Btw, on that front, I literally can watch my body shrink day by day to get me back to where I was a month ago - it is interesting and informative because I am learning my body's reaction to a couple of weeks off the plan. This will definitely come in handy for the full transition/maintenance. I feel like I am going to have another significant drop on Monday, but we'll see. I guess I shouldn't set such high expectations after last week's big one but it feels that way based upon my shrinking self. If this plays out this way, I wonder why I have such wild swings - I wonder if that means I am very carb sensitive.

Well, please wish me luck for today! I hope everyone here has a great day, not just an OP one! I have to get back to putting finishing touches on my presentation.
I see you meeting & eating went well LOL...Good for you! Could be Phase 1 making you feel tired..hope you got some rest on the plane...

Quote:

WooHoo so close.. you can do it your almost there.

Hello to everyone else! I am in the midst of morning crazies here trying to get things ready for the day, pack my breakfast, lunch and even afternoon snack in case the last inspection runs late....Need to be prepared. Have steaks to grill tonight with some asparagus for dinner. Not much left in the fridge, will have to make a whole foods run tomorrow. Thank god for frozen green beans for dinner tonight LOL....
Old 04-25-2015, 07:17 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Loser58 Congratulations!!!!!! Way to go!!!
Old 04-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #232  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Gold star to you Loser58 !!! I am so proud of you and your accomplishments.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Loser - Congrats on phasing off!! That's awesome! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Don't be a stranger!!

Slow day around here. I assume everyone is off enjoying their weekend.

Good day with the family and spoiled by dear friends who continue to shower meals on us. Our fridge is stocked...with more on the way. Yesterday I even received a side of salmon and steamed broccoli. Today chicken and a lovely eggplant and bell pepper dip that I used as a topping on the chicken. So sweet of my friends trying to include my IP restrictions in their gift. I may forget what it is like to cook! People are so kind.

Went shopping today for shorts for DD and of course couldn't help looking as well. Got a new pair of tennis shoes at the Nike outlet. Mine were so old and beat up. I wanted to motivate myself to keep up my new walking habit. I also need to find a sports bra. I literally have 2 bras at the moment and have been working out in underwires. Nike was crazy expensive so I need to keep looking.

Thinking about spending my Sat wvening at the grocery store (to avoid the crowds) and get my weekly trip out of the way.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:29 AM   #234  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

Good day with the family and spoiled by dear friends who continue to shower meals on us. Our fridge is stocked...with more on the way. Yesterday I even received a side of salmon and steamed broccoli. Today chicken and a lovely eggplant and bell pepper dip that I used as a topping on the chicken. So sweet of my friends trying to include my IP restrictions in their gift. I may forget what it is like to cook! People are so kind.

Went shopping today for shorts for DD and of course couldn't help looking as well. Got a new pair of tennis shoes at the Nike outlet. Mine were so old and beat up. I wanted to motivate myself to keep up my new walking habit. I also need to find a sports bra. I literally have 2 bras at the moment and have been working out in underwires. Nike was crazy expensive so I need to keep looking.

Thinking about spending my Sat wvening at the grocery store (to avoid the crowds) and get my weekly trip out of the way.
I'm glad that people are helping you out, and especially that they are being considerate of your IP diet, how wonderful is that?

I recently bought myself two new sports bras because they were buy one, get one half price. Have to say that they are THE most comfortable variety I have ever worn - no wires, but the support is amazing. Even when running. They tend to run a little smaller than marked size though, so bear it in mind if you decide to order from Hanes.

I'm desperate for another pair of Nike yoga pants (they are the only cut that I really love and nobody else seems to make that exact shape), but priorities and all that.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Good Sunday AM

House keeping and grocery shopping are in order for today. DS is taking a SAT prep course this am so I will drop him off and head off to whole foods for some fresh veggies. Think while the fridge is bare I will give it a good wipe down this AM too...

Trying to stay off the scale at home this week so I don't obsess over getting into Onederland this week....LOL..
Old 04-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
I'm glad that people are helping you out, and especially that they are being considerate of your IP diet, how wonderful is that?

I recently bought myself two new sports bras because they were buy one, get one half price. Have to say that they are THE most comfortable variety I have ever worn - no wires, but the support is amazing. Even when running. They tend to run a little smaller than marked size though, so bear it in mind if you decide to order from Hanes.

I'm desperate for another pair of Nike yoga pants (they are the only cut that I really love and nobody else seems to make that exact shape), but priorities and all that.
Thanks for the sports bra link. I will check them out!

I have a love/hate relationship with Nike. I knew someone who worked at Nike headquarters in the professional athletes division. She told me all of Serena and Venus Williams clothes had to be custom made because Nike doesn't manufacturer plus size clothing. That really ticked me off that they would hire a plus size athlete to sell their clothes but couldn't be bothered with the actual plus sized community. But, now that I fit into their clothes...they look so darn good on me. And are well made for their purpose (fitness). I had a lengthy discussion about the Nike Free shoe line with the sales guy yesterday. There is a lot of technology that goes into their products.

That and my DH and kids live in so much of their gear.

Those yoga pants make me look good too. I have bought several pairs at Goodwill. There are too expensive full price.

Last edited by CenTXChk; 04-26-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #237  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

Those yoga pants make me look good too. I have bought several pairs at Goodwill. There are too expensive full price.
I have seen some "new with tags" Nike pants on Ebay, that are identical to mine at a third of the cost. Tempting.

I should really muster the courage to get the sewing machine out and use my favourite yoga pants as a guide to adjust the four pairs of unwearable ones sitting in my gym draw. I hated sewing class at school (hated the teacher, wasn't interested in learning how to use a machine THEN) and I'm a perfectionist, so if I screw it up I'll be mad at myself. Still, as hubby says "what else are you going to do with them? Donate them? Might as well at least try to make them into something you need. The worst that can happen is that you screw it up and throw them out".
Old 04-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hey Amanda, stretch sewing is the easiest thing in the world. All you need is a machine with a good strong adjustable zigzag stitch and you are set. I used to sew all my aerobic exercise class wear (yes I'm an 80's gal) and with a pattern I could sew up a pair of yoga pants/tights, or running tanks in a day from start to finish. A bit of alteration would take only an hour or two once you get the machine set up. I also made my husband's double lined and shaped Speedo type swimsuits in his Masters Swim days (and ended up custom making them for other gentlemen in the swim club, since Speedos are so skimpy and fit only 'tiny' guys, if you know what I mean). There is such a range of fabrics out there, although they aren't cheap. Cheaper than buying from Lululemon or Nike though, lol.

Liana
Old 04-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #239  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hey Amanda, stretch sewing is the easiest thing in the world. All you need is a machine with a good strong adjustable zigzag stitch and you are set. I used to sew all my aerobic exercise class wear (yes I'm an 80's gal) and with a pattern I could sew up a pair of yoga pants/tights, or running tanks in a day from start to finish. A bit of alteration would take only an hour or two once you get the machine set up. I also made my husband's double lined and shaped Speedo type swimsuits in his Masters Swim days (and ended up custom making them for other gentlemen in the swim club, since Speedos are so skimpy and fit only 'tiny' guys, if you know what I mean). There is such a range of fabrics out there, although they aren't cheap. Cheaper than buying from Lululemon or Nike though, lol.

Liana
See, this is what I would *love* to be able to do - make my own clothes. I need to start with the alterations and get comfortable with the machine (a hand me down from mother-in-law who is a major whizz with them, but it has too many programs and patterns and accessories) before I can even consider making up patterns.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:00 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

DeterminedDieter - are you familiar with Alan Doyle / Great Big Sea? I saw him in concert tonight and he mentioned "Labrador" (and the fact he's from Newfoundland)

Last edited by hysteria_625; 04-27-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Closed Thread