Old 04-01-2015, 06:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

I do know IP is now putting out a maintenance phase "program" where ypu do weekly weigh ins for a certain number of weeks, then every other week and then monthly. It is going to be the "official" way to do maintenance through the clinic. I can't recall if it was to last for a year or just a soecific number of months. And of course there is a charge per visit. I thought it had already started but may just be in certain markets to get it going.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:52 PM   #17  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the quick link Magpie! I saved them too!
etherbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks you for posting the sheets. The ones I are old and I am glad to have these in case they change again.
Lori T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I do know IP is now putting out a maintenance phase "program" where ypu do weekly weigh ins for a certain number of weeks, then every other week and then monthly. It is going to be the "official" way to do maintenance through the clinic. I can't recall if it was to last for a year or just a soecific number of months. And of course there is a charge per visit. I thought it had already started but may just be in certain markets to get it going.
My clinic was doing this 1.5 years ago while I was still in P1. They still do it, but no extra charge and although I have been in Maintenance for 13 months now, I can go back anytime for free for a weigh & measure & check in to see if I need any help.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Have you all seen the photo of the new materials? In blue and called "My Ideal Lifestyle." (See My Ideal Protein site or fb page.) Has anyone been in a clinic today and received this? There sure better not be a separate charge for it!
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #21  

I have a follow up maintenance meeting with my doctor/clinic on Wednesday, I will ask them and let you know what they tell me.

Like Liana, my location allows me to come, text, email or call anytime for free, it was part of the overall product package.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 04-06-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:32 PM   #22  

Thanks, Amber! I don't go in again until late next week. Very curious as I could use some more guidance re maintenance!
Old 04-07-2015, 09:16 AM   #23  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I talked to my coach about this this morning. She said the clinic hasn't been able to buy the new materials yet, but from what she understands the actual maintenance plan isn't changing, but they're creating a formal structure for maintainers to continue to come into the clinic for a certain amount of time after phasing off, and providing more resources (like a booklet of recipes) and other guidance to support maintenance. I mentioned how when I went into maintenence that I had a lot of trouble with the fun day and it just became a binge day," I have to eat everything because it's the only day I can" frame of mind. Not sure if it's part of the new release, but she said they are backing off of the "mandatory" fun day, and instead changing the language to make it optional or something you phase in eventually once you learn regular healthy eating habits to avoid that binge/restrict habit.

As for an additional charge, she didn't indicate anything about that, but I think it will be something each clinic handles individually...some clinics charge per WI, which is not something my clinic does, so who knows.
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #24  

Mimi, My clinic also doesn’t have the updated information yet, they plan to get it soon and will email it to me when they have it. I’ll post whatever they send me here. As PishPosh said above, does have to do with maintenance, that is mostly what they know right now.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #25  

Thanks, Amber!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yeah, I'm waiting on my clinic too, as they said they would phone if it has anything to do with maintenance. I think they will probably link sites with http://lowfatlowcarb.ca/lowfatlowcarb.php Chef Verati's new site for recipes. I can't see what else they might add except suggestions for serious exercisers/athletes on low carb maintenance.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:32 AM   #27  

Hi Everyone.
I had a monthly maintenance meeting with my clinic yesterday, and they have the manual (it is about maintenance) but haven't had time to go through it yet, I guess it's lengthy. She will let me know within the next few weeks whatever might pertain to me. She said one thing she knows is that they ask people still to come in weekly for some period of time, which I think is advisable for P4.

In the course of the discussion, we started talking more about the challenges of maintenance and P4. I mentioned to her that I am finding myself need more social support and information than I needed on P1, and that I found this thread and am learning for others. I also mentioned that it seemed at times I see on these threads that there are other clinics that possibly seemed uninformed or perhaps more financially motivated, and it seemed that people weren't getting the same level of support as I have been given, esp. medically or after P3 is over.

She said that Ideal Protein really does not want clinics to be financially motivated or lack support or knowledge. She encouraged people here to report their clinics to Ideal Protein headquarters if those things are happening. She also said if someone doesn't feel comfortable doing it themselves, to let her know and she will do it for you. You can private message me and I will send you her information.

I am going to post this on the daily chat and Maintenance threads also in case anyone would like to see it there.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #28  

Grateful4Health: You are very lucky to have a good, supportive, informed clinic! As you see, many do not..

Unfortunately, the folks who don't find this forum don't even know what they're getting or not getting.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:25 PM   #29  

Yes, Lisa it's true.
It's disappointing how much bad information is out there, not just in our IP circles but in the media in general. So many people trying so hard and not being given good information based in science, often because of other people wanting financial gain.

Thank you by the way Lisa for all the work you do to keep these threads alive. It is appreciated.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 04-22-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:37 PM   #30  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default Medical Supervision

Amber,
Would you be willing to inquire about the medical supervision aspect of this? Specifically, what does HQ expect of the clinics? Obviously, this is top of mind for me given what happened. I reported these problems to my clinic and was told to keep taking supplements, drinking water, etc. My concerns were not taken seriously even though prior to that they had viewed me as a star pupil, if you will.

This has kept me away from the clinic as I view them as uninformed and dangerous - they put the thought into my head that I was doing something wrong, lacking commitment or willpower, etc further perpetuating the problem when at a minimum, they should have advised me to follow up with my doctor if they didn't have the means for the medical supervision they preach.

Also, they wouldn't work with me on an exercise program.

If any of this is counter to what HQ expects, I would be happy to use my story to report to HQ. I would be thrilled to hear this is in opposition to HQ - it would restore my faith in numerous aspects of this.

Last edited by Ro22; 04-22-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote