Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #31  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! Happy weekend!

I'm slowly approaching numbers on the scale that I haven't seen in decades. I know I weighed 180 in 1995, but not since then. It's frightening and exciting all at the same time. Plus I'm just over 50% of my goal loss. It's been a slow process, but a steady drop none the less. I think I'm going to go out today and buy a new outfit for Easter. I'll be seeing most of the family next Sunday and I hope people will notice the difference.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP weekend! Despite the snow outside (again!) I'm thinking and feeling spring.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:04 AM   #32  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Default Dietbet challenge, starting now!!

Hi
Click on the link below to join my Dietbet challenge!

The challenge is $25 and all those who loose 4% in a month split the pot! I have won $433 since January for my new wardrobe!

The pot is over $300 already!

I hope you will join me!
http://diet.bt/2JfbxW

Cheers,
Heidi
Old 03-28-2015, 10:59 PM   #33  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplchaos View Post
I have looked at that phase 1 sheet so many times. I am not sure how I even missed that! Thanks!! But...OH SNAP...I've been using apple cider vinegar on my broccoli and spinach. (I'm assuming that is what is meant by "red" vinegar)
The red vinegar is red wine vinegar... ACV is a ok!
Old 03-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Hehe, IAmASharkIPromise, you've probably seen all of these videos, but this one was new to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbuaUYMwOP8
Old 03-28-2015, 11:36 PM   #35  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
Hehe, IAmASharkIPromise, you've probably seen all of these videos, but this one was new to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbuaUYMwOP8
Haha thanks! I can't get enough of that cat...

Speaking of cats, the video had one of the Dear Kitten commercials as its ad. If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend them. They're the greatest ever.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:03 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Speaking of cats, the video had one of the Dear Kitten commercials as its ad. If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend them. They're the greatest ever.
I LOVE the Dear Kitten commercials! I got the Super Bowl one, which I'd already seen, but I should check in on that channel and see if there are new ones. They make me very happy.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:33 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Had another successful night of being with friends, eating out and still managed to be social without giving in to wine. This 36 day reboot journey while at the beach for a month has been very successful. I feel so much better and have so much more energy not having preservatives in my body. I plan on continuing this journey until the first if May. Hopefully my motivation continues. Headed home next week then going on a road trip out West for 3 weeks. I am dreading that just because we will be stopping at different cities and would like not to have to worry about IP. I need to stay strong.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:02 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Good morning IPeeps! Hope everyone is having a great IP day. I have had 2 NSV's this weekend. After DH told me I was definitely going to have to get some new jeans, I went shopping. Before IP I was a tight 14 almost 16. I just grabbed a 12 and headed to dressing room. When I came out the sales clerk said oh you need a smaller size. I was speechless when she asked what size I had on. I haven't had to ask for a size 10 in over 20 years. I was so thrilled. NSv #2 occurred at gym yesterday afternoon. I was on the treadmill doing my walking when I decided to speed things up a bit as I was trying to get 3 miles in before I left. I decided to jog a half mile. I hit the half mile mark and then went for a mile. There again I haven't ran a mile ever in my life.
Thanks for letting me ramble on in my post. Just wanted to share as I am so happy and days like yesterday make IP so worth it to me. I get asked a lot by friends "Is it expensive?" My answer is I don't think about the money so much as what I am gaining in my health and wellbeing. To me, being healthy is priceless.
Hope everyone has a great OP Sunday.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #39  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Well, one week down and I am going off plan! I fell down the stairs this morning and it appears I have broken my tailbone. Yay. Since its a fracture I really want to make sure I'm eating healthy, whole foods to help with the healing process. I'll be switching to a paleo/primal diet for the next 6-8 weeks to stay in Ketosis and I'll get back on IP as soon as I'm healed! See ya'll soon!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 221/0/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
Good morning IPeeps! Hope everyone is having a great IP day. I have had 2 NSV's this weekend. After DH told me I was definitely going to have to get some new jeans, I went shopping. Before IP I was a tight 14 almost 16. I just grabbed a 12 and headed to dressing room. When I came out the sales clerk said oh you need a smaller size. I was speechless when she asked what size I had on. I haven't had to ask for a size 10 in over 20 years. I was so thrilled. NSv #2 occurred at gym yesterday afternoon. I was on the treadmill doing my walking when I decided to speed things up a bit as I was trying to get 3 miles in before I left. I decided to jog a half mile. I hit the half mile mark and then went for a mile. There again I haven't ran a mile ever in my life.
Thanks for letting me ramble on in my post. Just wanted to share as I am so happy and days like yesterday make IP so worth it to me. I get asked a lot by friends "Is it expensive?" My answer is I don't think about the money so much as what I am gaining in my health and wellbeing. To me, being healthy is priceless.
Hope everyone has a great OP Sunday.
Congrats!! rebelgrl87
Doesn't that feel good when you can go down a couple of sizes and not even know it . I keep telling myself "if you work the plan the plan will work for you"! Even though I am just in week 1 I am looking forward to the "NSV".

That is a good testimony that the plan works. My coach said to get a pair of pants that are 3 sizes smaller, and keep trying them on until you can fit in them. I don't own any clothes that small, because I have never been a single digit in size before, that is new territory for me. I have always wanted to be a size 8, but never could get smaller than a 10, but I am striving to get there, to see if it fits my frame and will I be able to maintain it. I plan on going to the Good Will and get a pair for a couple of dollars as my testing pants.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyboomama View Post
Well, one week down and I am going off plan! I fell down the stairs this morning and it appears I have broken my tailbone. Yay. Since its a fracture I really want to make sure I'm eating healthy, whole foods to help with the healing process. I'll be switching to a paleo/primal diet for the next 6-8 weeks to stay in Ketosis and I'll get back on IP as soon as I'm healed! See ya'll soon!
So sorry to hear about this izzy! Best wishes for a very speedy recovery!
Quote:
Good morning IPeeps! Hope everyone is having a great IP day. I have had 2 NSV's this weekend. After DH told me I was definitely going to have to get some new jeans, I went shopping. Before IP I was a tight 14 almost 16. I just grabbed a 12 and headed to dressing room. When I came out the sales clerk said oh you need a smaller size. I was speechless when she asked what size I had on. I haven't had to ask for a size 10 in over 20 years. I was so thrilled. NSv #2 occurred at gym yesterday afternoon. I was on the treadmill doing my walking when I decided to speed things up a bit as I was trying to get 3 miles in before I left. I decided to jog a half mile. I hit the half mile mark and then went for a mile. There again I haven't ran a mile ever in my life
Those are awesome NSV's rebel - congrats! I have a pair of size 10's in my jean drawer and can't wait until they fit again
Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #42  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

So the annual Groupon for Busch Gardens in Va just went up, and I'm nervous.

My friends and I went last year, and for the first time in my life I couldn't fit in the roller coaster seats. I had to leave a coaster in front of everyone, and then try out the "for larger guests" seats in front of rides for the rest of the day. And I didn't fit in a single one. I was mortified, and I'll never forget how awful I felt. I still cringe when I think about it.

I knew then that I needed to lose weight, but I wasn't mentally or emotionally ready to do so until this month. I think I even gained weight between then and pre-IP.

So we're planning to go back this year in early May. I've lost almost 20 pounds (official weigh in and ticker update is tomorrow), and I'm hoping to lose another 15 by Busch Gardens. But I'm terrified it won't be enough and I'll have to do another walk of shame off a coaster.

Here's hoping I'll return from Busch Gardens with an NSV of riding coasters, and not a horror tale of another miserable experience.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:14 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
So the annual Groupon for Busch Gardens in Va just went up, and I'm nervous.

My friends and I went last year, and for the first time in my life I couldn't fit in the roller coaster seats. I had to leave a coaster in front of everyone, and then try out the "for larger guests" seats in front of rides for the rest of the day. And I didn't fit in a single one. I was mortified, and I'll never forget how awful I felt. I still cringe when I think about it.

I knew then that I needed to lose weight, but I wasn't mentally or emotionally ready to do so until this month. I think I even gained weight between then and pre-IP.

So we're planning to go back this year in early May. I've lost almost 20 pounds (official weigh in and ticker update is tomorrow), and I'm hoping to lose another 15 by Busch Gardens. But I'm terrified it won't be enough and I'll have to do another walk of shame off a coaster.

Here's hoping I'll return from Busch Gardens with an NSV of riding coasters, and not a horror tale of another miserable experience.
We used to go with my dad, who was handicapped, and unless it's changed in the 3 years since we went with him, there were chairs you could try out near / at Guest Services. I remember b/c I was +200 at the time and wanted to be sure...& thanks for the Groupon heads-up...we love Busch and DD10 is old enough, tall enough, and brave enough to tackle Nessie this year!!!
Closed Thread