Originally Posted by Mariposah79
I've plateaued already before my week 1 weigh in. So I've stayed the same exact weight for two days, down to the ounce. I only weigh every two days. I've lost 7 pounds so far. Just wondering if it's normal this early.
Also... anyone have suggestions as to how to make the chocolaty chip pancake more moist? Super dry.... either pancake or muffins are very dry. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you!
This is the recipe I use.
SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff (from FB IP Support Group)
1 IP chocolate chip pancake mix
¼ tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 T. Walden Farms caramel syrup
2 T. liquid egg whites
1 T. water
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine chocolate chip pancake mix (dry), baking powder and pinch of salt. Mix to make sure baking powder and salt are distributed well.
2. Add remaining wet ingredients, stir just until mixed. Let rest 1-2 minutes to activate baking powder.
3. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Pour batter into frying pan to make 2 pancakes and lightly spread batter out into circles to get 2 decent sized pancakes.
4. Cook until edges start to look dry or underside is golden brown. This will take about 2 minutes on medium heat. Flip and cook other side about 30 seconds.
5. Serve with a warmed syrup combination of Walden Farms chocolate and caramel syrup.
SERVINGS: 1 unrestricted
TIP: Omit the salt if you’re looking for a regular Caramel Chocolate Chip Pancake.
First mini goal - lose 10lb by 2/14-did it!
Second mini goal - 40lb gone by 4/10-done!!
Third mini goal - Onederland by 8/22 (my birthday) 4 lbs short of goal but by Labor Day for sure
overall goal: goal weight by Christmas '15
M1-18.4lbs, M2-14.4lbs, M3-12.8lbs, M4-13.8, M5-9.2lbs, M6-8.2lbs, M7-16.2lbs, M8 so far 5.2
"How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!"