Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 221/0/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
I am almost 2 months in and still keep an emergency cucumber around (freebie veggie) - 1/2 a medium cuke w/ salt and a cup of hot tea usually satiates me until the next meal.

Thanks Hysteria! I am going to try that, I do have cucumbers. Two months, does the hunger ever go away once you are in ketosis or is it something that we will have to deal with all the time?
Old 03-26-2015, 07:04 PM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb527 View Post
How do I get the weight tracker to show????

I copied and pasted, nothing is happening and it is showing the wrong weight on here, the 239 should be 235 now....
Mary I believe you have to have posted 20 times in order to be able to get a ticker.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #108  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingras View Post
Day 4 here! Yesterday at 4PM and this morning around 10AM, I got really hungry. Does anyone have any suggestions, I have been drinking water and tea to tie my over until lunch. I am sure once I get into Ketosis it will go away. Does anyone eat a snack of some sort between BF and lunch and lunch and dinner? That is what I need, just something small. I appreciate your suggestions.
I eat breakfast around 8 (usually IP oatmeal), Lunch around 1130 or 1200 (veggies or salad and HB egg usually), Snack between lunch and dinner - usually an IP shake. Also love cabbage slaw and chopped cucumber in vinegar/splenda/water mix. Always hits the spot. Oh, and lots and lots of water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb527 View Post
How do I get the weight tracker to show????

I copied and pasted, nothing is happening and it is showing the wrong weight on here, the 239 should be 235 now....
I think others have said you need to be active for a certain number of days and have a certain number of posts before you can add your ticker in the 'signature' part of your Profile. But you can update your S/C/G any time by going to User CP and edit Profile.

Last edited by 3sisters; 03-26-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #109  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

YAY FOR ME! So happy with my weigh-in today. Down 3lbs! Last week was concerning for me because I dropped just 0.6, but I made a few adjustments this week and it has paid off! I posted a few days ago that I found out that the flavored water I was drinking that was 0 calories, actually had a hidden 8 CARBS (xylitol)! So, I stopped that completely. Then, I was having both the IP Oatmeal and the IP Chips every day. I'm really carb sensitive, so my coach had suggested I try having only one of these per day instead (since they are both on the higher end of a non-restricted packet). So, I did that too! Finally, she suggested I up my water intake. I was taking in 64oz, and went to 96 oz per day. I don't know what made the biggest difference, but it worked!! Yay! Surpassed the 195 goal, and now on to my next goal - seein' the 180's baby!!

Oh, and my coach, who is super supportive, said that while sometimes there is just no identifiable reason for a no or low loss week, and could be just a 'normal fluctuation' in the process, they are told that most stalls can usually be tracked to one of three reasons - "menstruation" "constipation" "deviation".

I think my flavored water qualified me as a 'deviant' so it proved to be true for me! LOL

Last edited by 3sisters; 03-26-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #110  

In my first week, day 5. I was nauseous on day 3 but that's been my only side effects. I'm wondering if I'm still getting too many carbs. I avg 30-38. (I think) No signs of ketosis that I'm aware of. Is it normal to feel so normal the first 5 days (- a day)?
Old 03-26-2015, 10:13 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
YAY FOR ME! So happy with my weigh-in today. Down 3lbs! Last week was concerning for me because I dropped just 0.6, but I made a few adjustments this week and it has paid off! I posted a few days ago that I found out that the flavored water I was drinking that was 0 calories, actually had a hidden 8 CARBS (xylitol)! So, I stopped that completely. Then, I was having both the IP Oatmeal and the IP Chips every day. I'm really carb sensitive, so my coach had suggested I try having only one of these per day instead (since they are both on the higher end of a non-restricted packet). So, I did that too! Finally, she suggested I up my water intake. I was taking in 64oz, and went to 96 oz per day. I don't know what made the biggest difference, but it worked!! Yay! Surpassed the 195 goal, and now on to my next goal - seein' the 180's baby!!

Oh, and my coach, who is super supportive, said that while sometimes there is just no identifiable reason for a no or low loss week, and could be just a 'normal fluctuation' in the process, they are told that most stalls can usually be tracked to one of three reasons - "menstruation" "constipation" "deviation".

I think my flavored water qualified me as a 'deviant' so it proved to be true for me! LOL

WOOHOO!! Good for you I can't wait until my first WI, I am hoping for a lost. I hope to be in onderland within a month staying the course.

Yes, that extra water will work I am sure. I am getting in 100 oz, and even though it is a pain right now in the early stages, I will get used to it and the results will come faster. I will try your cabbage/cucumber mix that sound delish. I just need that little something to take the edge off in between the actual meals. I just need to try different things.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 208/148/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingras View Post
Thanks Hysteria! I am going to try that, I do have cucumbers. Two months, does the hunger ever go away once you are in ketosis or is it something that we will have to deal with all the time?
Yes! That's the magic of ketosis. The hunger does go away. If you read some of the threads filled with people who have been doing IP for awhile, you will see that some actually have trouble getting in all the food. And most people complain about Phase 2 being too much food. I never thought there would be a day where I would accidentally forget to eat -- but it's happened. One of the other things you learn while doing IP is that you eat to live, rather than live to eat -- so you also lose, to some degree, the mentality of looking forward to meals because of what you are going to eat.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:26 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplchaos View Post
In my first week, day 5. I was nauseous on day 3 but that's been my only side effects. I'm wondering if I'm still getting too many carbs. I avg 30-38. (I think) No signs of ketosis that I'm aware of. Is it normal to feel so normal the first 5 days (- a day)?
Yeah, some people deal totally fine with the transition into ketosis. 30-38g of carbs should be fine; the official videos say the plan is trying to keep you under 40 grams, net. (So it'll be more, but some of it will be fiber.)
Old 03-26-2015, 10:43 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by winewanderer View Post
Yes! That's the magic of ketosis. The hunger does go away. If you read some of the threads filled with people who have been doing IP for awhile, you will see that some actually have trouble getting in all the food. And most people complain about Phase 2 being too much food. I never thought there would be a day where I would accidentally forget to eat -- but it's happened. One of the other things you learn while doing IP is that you eat to live, rather than live to eat -- so you also lose, to some degree, the mentality of looking forward to meals because of what you are going to eat.
^^ this

I still have the occasional hungry(er) day & will be curious to see how TOM goes next month...the 3/4 days leading up to have been the worst. Otherwise, as wine noted, you really learn to "eat to live"
Old 03-27-2015, 12:46 AM   #115  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

The hunger issue is an interesting one. I had a week out of ketosis and I frequently "push the boundary" of the caloric and carb intake levels to see where my personal maintenance level is.

I can tell you that when I have more carbs I experience more hunger between meals for the first couple of days while my body is adjusting back to ketosis. After a week I'm back to feeling fine, only just nudging the hunger sensation about 30 mins before an anticipated meal.

The other thing that I have noticed (as a food and exercise tracker on a daily basis) is that it isn't necessarily the carb count that is the weight loss factor. It is a combination of the caloric intake AND keeping the carbs down at the level where you are not continually provoking an insulin response to handle the blood sugar level. EAch of us has different carb tolerance thresholds, different hormone production variations (insulin, leptin, ghrelin) and wildly varying lifestyle/activity ranges.

I've seen different IP clinics quote different net carb counts from 25 to 45 net carbs, but the reality is ... choose what you eat to maximise the return on health. Provided your IP diet is balanced (variety of meats, lots of veggies that have both good carb AND fiber counts) you will feel full and lose weight.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:53 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Hi! It's a great program, I'm in the middle of week six and really focused, having lost 17.5 so far. This is a great forum, so much incredible support!! I found that I felt pretty normal my first week, none of the side effects that I read about. I did have a slight, almost unnoticeable, headache the second day for about an hour. That was it. My ketosis sticks started registering on about the fifth day.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:30 AM   #117  

First 3 days I dropped 2 pounds per day. The last 3 days I've dropped 1/2 pound TOTAL. That sucks. With no signs of ketosis I have to question if I'm just going to stall out here. I'm not sure how to get my carbs below the 30. They are mostly coming from the vegetables I am required to eat. (The net amount is even lower)

Anyone else stall out like this in week 1? How late did you start ketosis?
Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Hi! It's a great program, I'm in the middle of week six and really focused, having lost 17.5 so far. This is a great forum, so much incredible support!! I found that I felt pretty normal my first week, none of the side effects that I read about. I did have a slight, almost unnoticeable, headache the second day for about an hour. That was it. My ketosis sticks started registering on about the fifth day.
That's about how my first week has been. Headache day 2. Then I was sick on day 3. Today is day 6. Hoping for ketosis soon!

Congrats on your 17.5 pounds.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:36 AM   #119  

What is the fat/protein/carb ratio for IP? Mine isn't being consistent. I almost need to eat more fatty meats to have the meat fat outdo the veg carb.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:50 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Winding down my month vacation at the beach. Managed to stay 100% OP. Some days have been a challenge with so much company all month and eating out. I want to continue this IP journey until mid May. Will be traveling most of April for a road trip out west. Hopefully my motivation continues. Dreading New Mexico and having to pass on having margaritas. I know if I go off plan I will say the heck with it until I get home. I want to phase off correctly this time and that doesn't include margaritas. I will be hosting Easter dinner so I will be able to control the menu. Wish me luck to stay 100% OP until Mid May.
Closed Thread