Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 07:39 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #2  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone,

Hope you all have a wonderful day and a terrific week!!
Old 03-23-2015, 08:31 AM   #3  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Today is my first day on (not) IP. Just had my breakfast of an EAS AdvantEDGE vanilla shake in my morning coffee. I used my foaming wand to make it foamy and it was awesome!

Then I sat down and helped my 2 year old paint a bird feeder from the dollar spot at target. He was so thrilled to get to paint it!

What is everyone else up to today?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning,

I had a great weekend at the cabin, the weather was fabulous. I got in some snowshoeing, but stayed on a snowmobile trail because it was otherwise too deep for the dogs The ice was a bit rough but it was perfect weather for zipping around visiting other cabins on snowmobile. We had to leave early on Sunday so I could get home and ready for my trip to Nain (I had to prep and cook all my food for three days) so I never go time to ice fish.

So all packed and ready to fly up the coast only to be put on weather hold. Too windy with low visibility. We might go if the winds die down and we can catch a ride on a freighter otherwise we are rescheduled for tomorrow. Which is ok with me because it's mine and DH second anniversary and we had planned to have a nice dinner out.

Phase 3 is going well, breakfast is good, but I'm glad I don't feel like "OMG, I have been missing out on so much!!!"!! Like it's good, but so was the food I was eating on IP. If that makes sense You can still eat healthy and eat good tasting food. It makes me feel a little more confident about Phase 4.

I hope everyone has a great OP week full of great scale and NSV!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

OMG….I hit 100lbs lost at WI today!! I am in shock. I really didn’t think I’d hit it based on my home scale this morning. 41 weeks ago, I started this diet and went to bed crying the first night asking what I’d gotten myself into and kicking myself for wasting so much money on a crazy strict eating plan that I’d never be able to follow. I went into this diet with the mindset that it was something I needed to live with for the next year. A means to an end. Today, I couldn’t think of another way to eat or live.

I rewarded myself with a Fitbit and the Fitbit Aria scale (which gave me a higher weight than the IP scale btw) last week to prepare for the next phase of my life, exercise and maintenance. I still have 25lbs to go. It may take me longer to get there than I had originally estimated but I have every faith that if I follow the plan, I WILL get there.

Thanks for letting me have a little brag moment!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Wahoo CenTXChk!!!! Big congrats go out to you Awesome job!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Thanks for sharing your victory, CenTXChk! It's really good to hear about people's successes and reaching milestones.

I needed it extra, because I didn't sleep much at all last night. (Waking up from fairly pedestrian dreams--like, dreaming about normal, everyday stuff, nothing scary--with a racing heart, multiple times per night. That's just generalized anxiety, right, not some kind of weird IP side effect? I could ask my coach, but she already thinks I'm a little crazy, what with my spreadsheets and asking questions about phase 4 ...)
Old 03-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #8  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Congrats CenTXChk!!

DD, sounds like you had a great weekend! Hopefully you and your husband can enjoy a nice dinner (gotta love when travel delays work in your favour!)

I had a good weekend, it was very busy! Huge NSV for me. I went out with a bunch of friends (of course I was the designated driver) anyway, most people at the bar didn't recognize me at all. I actually had to start conversations with people I knew since they were all walking right by me. Yay!

I weighed myself this morning and it looks like I've gained 2 lbs since my last weigh in. I went really hard at the gym this week (seriously...I can still barely walk from Friday's leg day) so I'm thinking that did it. Should be interesting to see what the scale at my clinic shows today.

Wishing everyone a great week!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/148/145

Height: 5'6

Congratulations CenTXChk! What an amazing achievement. I hope that all the new IPers see your post -- it's just proof that you have to take the diet one day at a time. After awhile, it becomes a habit -- and before you know it, you are much healthier! What willpower you've shown over the past 41 weeks -- and you've already set yourself up for success in maintenance with your "rewards."
Old 03-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #10  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
OMG….I hit 100lbs lost at WI today!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Yay again CenTxChk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #12  

Great Job CenTxChk!!!!! That is an awesome accomplishment.

Today I am meeting some ladies for a lunch meeting and they want to meet at a Chinese restaurant So... I just had a chocolate protein shake with 1 cup of spinach and I will eat some veggies when I get home. While I'm at the restaurant, I'll have some green tea. I am in 100% and hope to have great results like you, CenTxChk.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/209/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
Thanks for sharing your victory, CenTXChk! It's really good to hear about people's successes and reaching milestones.

I needed it extra, because I didn't sleep much at all last night. (Waking up from fairly pedestrian dreams--like, dreaming about normal, everyday stuff, nothing scary--with a racing heart, multiple times per night. That's just generalized anxiety, right, not some kind of weird IP side effect? I could ask my coach, but she already thinks I'm a little crazy, what with my spreadsheets and asking questions about phase 4 ...)
I had similar experiences my first week on IP. Tons of anxiety and insomnia. This was weird because I normally sleep very well and only have anxiety when I drink caffeine, which I don't at all. It passes thankfully then turned into just having more energy than I did before.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #14  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Congrats CenTXchk! Awesome achievement!

kimo88 I'm sure that was a great feeling not being recognized because of the changes in your body! What a boost!

toothgirl I bet there will be something you can eat. Steamed or dry grilled veggies and chicken. If you can check out the menu online and make your choice and write sown any changes that might need to be made to the chosen dish to make it fit IP.

the magpie my dreams are pretty out there sometimes too! I haven't pinpointed why yet but I know that you only dream when in REM state so at least I know I'm getting deep sleep!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #15  
Princess Melanie

S/C/G: Start 5/24/2012 198/146/140

Ignore my checker below, its from last time, today is day 1 of my 3rd time on the IP type diet. I ordered from Nashua Nutr. I am going to do what I remember from IP. I had thier cappachino type hot drink for breakfast, a coffee with 3 splenda and a shot glass of reg milk. I have water with cucumber in it. Scheduled steamed cauliflower for lunch with some of the protein soup. I have cucumbers to snack on....Heres hoping.... I have a yogurt with fresh fruit tho in case my sugar becomes and issue, last time the first few days i did have to have it. Any reccomendations for me dolls?
Closed Thread