Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 246.3/236.4/150

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I was teaching orientation at work today and when I got to the slide with the pictures of the staff I decided it was time to update it!!!

The first pic was taken 2.5 years ago.
What a difference - you're definitely inspirational, and you look fantastic!
Old 03-20-2015, 04:56 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 208/148/145

Height: 5'6

MiWi -- For 3 days, I'm not sure you have to phase off. Just make the lowest carb choices that you can. I went to New Orleans for 3 days in the middle of my IP journey. I enjoyed myself, but didn't go totally nuts. It just resulted in a week without any losses. Of course, your coach will know best, but it's such a short period of time to have to spend a week or more phasing off for it.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

TGIF y'all!!

Lisa I love that you start our weekends on Friday!

Kelly - you look fantastic, WTG!!

Welcome new folks and rebooters, glad to have you with us on the journey.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #34  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Lucky you!
I'm so glad she celebrated your loss. It is so easy to get discouraged over what ends up (in the long run) being a small thing.

Oh...and...don't hate her for her thinnness....join her!
Good Point! (remember that old commercial......don't hate me because I'm beautiful.... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali2015 View Post
Hi all
I am new ; 32 years 281 lb
my goal is 220lb
Welcome Ali! You found a great place to call home for as long as you need and want to!

Quote:
I was teaching orientation at work today and when I got to the slide with the pictures of the staff I decided it was time to update it!!!

Wow Kellyc! You look AWESOME! Aren't you just as proud as you can be??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Mimi I'm doing a breakfast sandwich with minimal changes for the entire time.Your Food Diary For........
You made my mouth water!

I have a similar question about the need to phase off for a special occasion..... In May (I know it's a ways away, but already worried about it!) I'll be going to a week-long conference for work that is held at a beautiful resort (yea, I'm lucky! ). This includes a huge spread for breakfast and lunch every day, a special dinner on 2 nights with an open bar......you see where I'm headed, right? My coach is saying I could phase off the week before, then just watch my carb intake carefully while there. I want to do whatever is best, but I really hate the thought of putting the brakes on my Phase 1 losses and ESPECIALLY having to start again when I get back! I am afraid it will be very hard (as I've experienced in the past trying to start a reboot after gaining). I'm also afraid of feeling like I'm "off plan" and being faced with all of those choices and not in a controlled environment (like I would be if home and in control of the food I am exposed to). I'm thinking I might just want to try to stick to Phase 1 while there. Breakfast - I can bring my oatmeal, lunch - there is always a salad or can make a salad from what is available (bring my dressing), and dinner there is again salad, veggies, protein. I'll bring some ready-made IP products. No opportunity to snack during the day (which is good) because we're in class the rest of the time. I will have to stay away from the alcohol, though realistically I am thinking my one cautious deviation will be a single glass of pinot grigio on the night of the big hosted dinner. I think it is doable. Wha'd'ya all think?? Any advice?

Last edited by 3sisters; 03-20-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:41 PM   #35  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

3sisters - I would be trying to do the same thing as you given the circumstances. Go to the conference with premade IP products and just try to eat the salads, etc and stay on plan as best you can. I'd probably bring some vegetables and put them in the mini fridge in my room for the week too (just in case!). It may be tough but it will be totally worth it in the end!
Old 03-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #36  
Just Do It, Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
3sisters - It may be tough but it will be totally worth it in the end!
That is just my thought.....and great idea about the veggies!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
3sisters - I would be trying to do the same thing as you given the circumstances. Go to the conference with premade IP products and just try to eat the salads, etc and stay on plan as best you can. I'd probably bring some vegetables and put them in the mini fridge in my room for the week too (just in case!). It may be tough but it will be totally worth it in the end!
I agree with this, and being strict is actually easier than having to make decisions all the time about which carbs, how many grams, etc. Remember you can contact the resort and let them know you must have a strict diet for medical reasons. Set the parameters out clearly for them (P2 would be good as you only need 1 packet for the morning and a snack if you wish). There are a lot of people out there that must have certain restrictions on what they eat for medical reasons (they just don't always advertise that fact) - restaurants are actually quite used to this. Many times we end up heavy because people offer us a certain menu and we don't realize we have choices. There is always a choice
Best wishes and enjoy your surroundings and workmates!

Liana
Old 03-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:

Gorgeous, Kelly! You should be so proud of yourself! What an inspiration to others. Congrats

And 3sisters -- I wholeheartedly agree with you and the others. Seems like it would be so much easier to remain on P1. Have you taken a look at the Maintainers' threads? Can you imagine trying to track all those macros while at the meeting?! It's hard enough to track all this in the comfort of your own home. Don't put added stress on yourself. You may be too young but maybe you remember the old Clinton campaign election mantra when the economy stunk: KISS (Keep It Simple …) Good luck and good for you for planning ahead!

Last edited by Mimi47; 03-20-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #39  
Just Do It, Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
And 3sisters -- You may be too young but maybe you remember the old Clinton campaign election mantra when the economy stunk: KISS (Keep It Simple …) Good luck and good for you for planning ahead!
I had to smile at this I think the first election I voted in was either in 1972 or 1976

Thanks everyone for weighing in. I feel confident in my decision to not phase off, but to stick as closely as possible with P1 for my trip in May!

Last edited by 3sisters; 03-20-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:24 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

OK. Almost too young
Old 03-20-2015, 11:57 PM   #41  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Looking fabulous Kelly14!!!

Ali2015 -- Welcome!!!!

Mimi47 -- Staying OP the best you can seems most wise - lot's of good advice has been given. Glad you seem to agree!

So glad it is Friday - After a nice OP lunch with former co-workers, I finished the workday and then had dance class and some dance party tonight -- tomorrow is busy with housecleaning and chores, but I found that a friend is working at a consignment shop nearby that I did not even know about. I am going to visit tomorrow and then see if I can put some clothing together to go there. If it does not sell in 60 days, they will help donate it, and I'll still get the receipt for taxes. Could be just the thing for picking up a few smaller sizes to get me thru the remainder of my journey!
Old 03-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #42  

Yesterday I met with a colleague I haven't seen since last summer.
She commented that I've kept off my weight (those who also struggle notice such things).

I told her I've kept off most of it. Didn't mention I want to drop 20 to fit back into my summer clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Lisa I love that you start our weekends on Friday!
my weekends start at 3:30 on Friday so...I just thought it worked!

This morning I'm doing a happy March Madness dance.
I LOVE it!
Now I have to wait a whole day for our next game...

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-21-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #43  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

My all time favorite old movie - Now Voyager is on Turner Classic Movies.. starting right now on the East Coast...

A soon to be old maid, escapes her controlling mother, loses a bunch of weight and embarks on a new life... so inspiring in many ways... and Paul Heinreid.... lights 2 cigarettes for Bette Davis and himself... a signature romantic move in the old days...

lovin it!!!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 03-21-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:31 PM   #44  
started IP 3/19/15

S/C/G: 180/156/138

Hi all , I'm new to IP. I have 42 lbs to lose. I love IP for it's strictness... pick a packet and eat it! But the dreaded weekend... filled with good times, friends, food, and drinks. That's why I dread it. I always fall off the wagon on weekends. I've been fine not drinking, but the food... Any tips for staying on track??
Old 03-22-2015, 12:35 AM   #45  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

I am so, so happy to report that my expat friends were totally IP-accommodating for the pizza party last night. They even tried to order wings for me, but they came breaded. I brought twice the IP food for myself as last time, and like last time, it was devoured immediately by people other than me! I think people just get unconsciously tired of social events being an all-out bingefest.

So I stuck to plan (I had to get a little possessive of my food so that I actually had enough to eat, haha) and had a couple of glasses of wine which I worked into my cal/carb count, and we all had a great time playing board games into the wee hours. That's not IP-OP but it's an infrequent and planned indulgence for me.

AND - if you guys are looking for something super, super fun to do that is also a great workout, my husband and I just bought kick-scooters! They were around €100 each for grown-up ones. Let me just plug that I'm, like, genetically uncoordinated and skateboards/rollerblades etc have never been in my realm of possibility. But we don't drive here, we can't take our larger-sized dog on the bus, and our friends live 6 km away (a walk that gets REALLY OLD on the way home). So last night, we scootered there in about half the time and my heart was pumping the whole time! And both my legs and core are super tired today. But it was a total blast so I can't wait to go again. The best part about kick-scooting is that you can just put your feet on the ground if things get hairy. Anyway I'm sorry to gush but I seriously loved it. "Trottinettes" are everywhere in Paris and I finally get it now! Haha

Hope everyone else's weekend is going well!
Closed Thread