Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 12:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

That's what I do -- measure florets raw before pulverizing in the food processor. And I agree --it's definitely my favorite IP find so far!
Old 03-14-2015, 12:15 PM   #32  

I put about a quarter of a head in my ninja and riced it. Then I messured it after removing it from the blender! I had the best stir fry last night!

Last edited by Hope2015; 03-14-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #33  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls
Is this a diet, or do U just add more protein to meals
I can't have any SOY products.
I really need some sort of plan to follow, I'm gaining weight again since all the Valentine's chocolates & now my Dh bringing home Easter treats after work
Last week he brought home 2 large pizzas, 1 for him & me my favorite pizza, a large that he hates, so I had to eat it.

Please HELP me Thanks for the info. Dee
Old 03-14-2015, 01:01 PM   #34  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt2298 View Post
Thanks for all the advice!
You're welcome! My kids say I'm full of it! (advice that is )
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I find that either rutabaga or turnip works well in this pork roast recipe - and I discovered cut turnips in a bag in the freezer section of my Giant Food store - that makes for an especially easy prep as you don't need to peel and cube.

I do notice that it is good to make the chopped rutabagas a bit on the smaller side so they are sure to cook really well - about half inch is a good size.

If you are interested in rutabaga... Around Thanksgiving and the holidays a number of us prepared the Sweet Fauxtato Pie -- which makes a custard rather than a pie - it is made from roasted rutabaga and it's not bad, It does require a good bit of pumpkin pie spice - and the recipe here on 3FC does not give a measurement quantity for the spice.. I think the last time I made it I gave it at least 2 teaspoons of the spice. I used some WF pancake syrup too, to give sweetness.

The useful note in the recipe is the idea of roasting the rutabaga - I have wrapped a couple of whole rutabagas in foil, roasted them for 80 minutes and then refrigerated them until the next day. Roasting them does bringout their best flavor. After I chill them, I peel them, cut them up in cubes and microwave them with a some chicken broth and WF pancake syrup, salt and pepper -- or mash them with salt and pepper, or go the cinnamon/spicy route. Hope this info is useful....
Absolutely useful!! Hubbie is missing having sweets around. He'll love this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniDoodles View Post
Hi girls
I really need some sort of plan to follow, I'm gaining weight again since all the Valentine's chocolates & now my Dh bringing home Easter treats after work
Last week he brought home 2 large pizzas, 1 for him & me my favorite pizza, a large that he hates, so I had to eat it.

Ideal Protein is a weight loss program. It not only is a diet; it's a way of life that you should be prepared to accept and adapt to in order to achieve success. Lots of threads that can be found to tell you more. When IP was first suggested to me by my cardiologist, I googled and did several internet searches and almost every time this forum came up. Good luck and I'm sure others will chime in!
Old 03-14-2015, 01:27 PM   #35  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniDoodles View Post
Hi girls

If you have less than 20 lbs to lose, I'd suggest that it isn't worth the rigor & expense, and you may up yoyoing in reaction to the rigorous restriction. Moreover, the weight will likely not come off fast.

For folks with a lot to lose, it's a get-outof-jail card. You could search low carb living, low carb diets to get an idea of what it's all about. And read the protocol sheet for phase 1 in the stickies of the first page of this thread. Best of luck to you!
Old 03-14-2015, 01:35 PM   #36  

Hi everyone, hope your having a great weekend! I'm unsure where to post my questions. I am using alternative products and I don't know if there is a chat/group for people just using them BESIDES the alternative products group. It seems to discuss only the products themselves, not side effects, etc. I just wanted to make sure I am in the right spot. Thanks for any advice or guidance.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by try again View Post
Hi everyone, hope your having a great weekend! I'm unsure where to post my questions. I am using alternative products and I don't know if there is a chat/group for people just using them BESIDES the alternative products group. It seems to discuss only the products themselves, not side effects, etc. I just wanted to make sure I am in the right spot. Thanks for any advice or guidance.
Hi try again!
Here's a link to a thread that will help!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-6-a.html

Feel free to post your questions about side-effects, etc there.
The conversation has ebbed-and flowed over time

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-14-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi try again!
Here's a link to a thread that will help!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-6-a.html

Feel free to post your questions about side-effects, etc there.
The conversation has ebbed-and flowed over time
thank you Lisa you are always so helpful! I have been on the that thread, so much information there! I think I might go hang out at the 50 and fab group. I see quite a few familiar faces from the alternative product group there!! thx again
Old 03-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello all: well, after a not so good week, I had a NSV today . I went o get my haircut and my stylist said "oh wow, you are looking so slim, I am envious" that took my breath away, after a few weeks of deAling with my knee and not being OP, I was taken by surprise and ever so grateful! All It took was someone saying that they see a difference! So I move forward from there, I am prepared to start a new tomorrow, been preparing my veggies. The knee is feeling better, I have been given the okay by my doc to bear more weight, so that means, back in the kitchen while I can! Summer weight loss challenge, bring it on!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:37 PM   #40  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Hello all: well, after a not so good week, I had a NSV today . I went o get my haircut and my stylist said "oh wow, you are looking so slim, I am envious" that took my breath away, after a few weeks of deAling with my knee and not being OP, I was taken by surprise and ever so grateful! All It took was someone saying that they see a difference! So I move forward from there, I am prepared to start a new tomorrow, been preparing my veggies. The knee is feeling better, I have been given the okay by my doc to bear more weight, so that means, back in the kitchen while I can! Summer weight loss challenge, bring it on!
Way to go on making an impression!

I'm glad you're knee is doing better- I have knee problems too and I feel your pain. :/
Old 03-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 189/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Default A Thought.

I started this diet (again) on January 22 and have lost 20 lbs so far. I worked last night late with two other co-workers and while out on the road, ended up falling off the wagon for the first time eating three carnitas tacos with lettuce and tomato. (I was out voted on restaurant choice)... but they were Yummy! So, today, I am home with my guilt and thinking about how to fix the future times where I am unable to take my meals or go somewhere to eat a better choice. I have come to the conclusion that you have to do the best you can. I am not always able to have the availability to do IP at work, so this is going to continue to be a challenge. Sorry about the ramble/rant, but I needed to put thoughts on paper (or message box). But through all of this, my blood pressure has gone from 190/90 to 117/69 after a 20 lb loss. So there. Ok, I am done rambling now. Thanks for listening/reading.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #42  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I am just seeing your new photo -- lookin' like you are casting a smaller shadow, there, frawniemae!

Like me, I can see your weight loss around your face -- your neck is notably thinner -- and I saw where you posted that you lost inches around your waist -- isn't it wonderful to feel that body slimming down?

You are rocking this IP program!!!

And thanks for pointing out the link to the Turkey Zoodle Egg Bake -- that would be a good change up item for me... I am too wedded to my Crockpot Pork Roast and Rutabaga.

btw - If you read a little further through the crock pot recipe thread where this link takes you, you will see that some folks add WF Pancake syrup to the recipe... I use a half cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup WF syrup - the rutabaga (or turnips) are really yummy when done that way.

I have to admit that I am getting tired of the same vegetables everyday. I usually eat a stir fry with peppers, green onions, portobello mushrooms, celery (well you get the idea). And my second preferred and favorite veggie is mashed cauliflower (yum). I have never seen or eaten a rutabaga. I am willing to try it and any other suggested veggies that you agree are delicious.

I think I eat too much vegetables because I measure after they are cooked. I still have the old thinking pattern that tells me that I wouldn't have enough if I do it before cooking.

I don't have a coach, so I depend on you guys to "kick" my butt.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:42 AM   #43  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I have to admit that I am getting tired of the same vegetables everyday. I usually eat a stir fry with peppers, green onions, portobello mushrooms, celery (well you get the idea). And my second preferred and favorite veggie is mashed cauliflower (yum). I have never seen or eaten a rutabaga. I am willing to try it and any other suggested veggies that you agree are delicious.

I think I eat too much vegetables because I measure after they are cooked. I still have the old thinking pattern that tells me that I wouldn't have enough if I do it before cooking.

I don't have a coach, so I depend on you guys to "kick" my butt.
I was feeling same way and added jicama, chayote squash and rhubarb. I made the rhubarb crisp (minus the crisp as I just wanted a veggie) and it tastes like the inside of a pie. Nice!

I made chayote baked cinnamon apples last Sunday (I had previously made it with jicama) - it was ok - probably wouldn't make it again. I would make jicama fries again - I realize that if you steam them in micro longer they get a little sweeter and softer - the crunch was a turnoff for me when I first tried it.

These are in recipe booklets in latest recipe thread - I linked a booklet (not my recipes - just a compiled/organized list) and rainbow linked her 2.

Given that you like cauliflower mashed, how about rice pudding cauliflower - recipe is in booklet I linked.

Hope that gets you thinking of some new ideas!
Old 03-15-2015, 09:04 AM   #44  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
If you have less than 20 lbs to lose, I'd suggest that it isn't worth the rigor & expense, and you may up yoyoing in reaction to the rigorous restriction. Moreover, the weight will likely not come off fast.

For folks with a lot to lose, it's a get-outof-jail card. You could search low carb living, low carb diets to get an idea of what it's all about. And read the protocol sheet for phase 1 in the stickies of the first page of this thread. Best of luck to you!
Thank You what did U do to get off your last 20 pounds to your goal?

Did U use the IP diet, or something else?

I hope everyone has a beautiful week
Old 03-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #45  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steos01 View Post
I started this diet (again) on January 22 and have lost 20 lbs so far. I worked last night late with two other co-workers and while out on the road, ended up falling off the wagon for the first time eating three carnitas tacos with lettuce and tomato. (I was out voted on restaurant choice)... but they were Yummy! So, today, I am home with my guilt and thinking about how to fix the future times where I am unable to take my meals or go somewhere to eat a better choice. I have come to the conclusion that you have to do the best you can. I am not always able to have the availability to do IP at work, so this is going to continue to be a challenge. Sorry about the ramble/rant, but I needed to put thoughts on paper (or message box). But through all of this, my blood pressure has gone from 190/90 to 117/69 after a 20 lb loss. So there. Ok, I am done rambling now. Thanks for listening/reading.
I agree. You just have to do the best you can in the circumstances and not beat yourself up - but that being said - you need to also do the best you can to avoid bad choices. And please don't take this as a criticism in any way - I have definitely 'gone off the wagon' before myself, and now am on a reboot - and I am learning every day. Some of what I've learned is - I always carry an IP bar (or alternate bar) with me in my purse, just in case I am in a situation that I can't eat ANYTHING that is available. For example, last weekend I attended an all-day sporting event and the ONLY food available to purchase was pizza and soft pretzels. We were supposed to leave to go out to lunch, but my group decided to stay and eat there. My Quest bar never tasted so good and it saved me! That and LOTS of water Even if you are out, you can almost always ask the restaurant to prepare your meal without any added sauces, etc. And be creative. For instance, at a Mexican restaurant, you could ask for a taco salad made with chicken and without the tortilla 'bowl' (and eliminate any added no-no's like guacamole etc), or even with your carnitas - have without the tortilla or any added sauces, rice etc. The same week as the sporting event, I also went out to a Chinese restaurant with friends (like you, their choice) and the chef was super accommodating - I got plain grilled shrimp and chicken with grilled asparagus and broccoli. Nothing like that was on the menu, but I told them I wanted no sauce, none of the sides they offered like rice, etc, nothing but plain protein and veggies with salt and pepper, and it was outstanding!! AND that week I still lost 3.2 lbs! So, it can be done, you just have to be diligent and PREPARED!

And CONGRATS on your loss so far and the improvement in your b/p! Sounds like you are doing awesome and was a momentary slip! Onward and Downward!

Last edited by 3sisters; 03-15-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Closed Thread