Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

WI day...gained 4 lbs! I suffered three serious low blood sugars this past week which resulted in extra food. No way around that. I started walking 30 min every other day and worked in my garden around 4 hrs. total. My coach gave me hug and said keep going!

What I find confusing is the numbers. My body fat % went down 3.4 , my lean went up, can't remember the number so my coach does some fancy math and said that even though the scale says I have gained 4 lbs, I have actually lost 5.38 lbs of fat! So an excellent week in her eyes. We didn't measure because I am just coming off my TOM. Is there really such a thing as this? Can I whoop because of the supposed loss....did I even lose? I really hope to see the scale move too! With the unseen loss she estimates my total at around 18 lbs in 9 weeks. I just find it confusing because my scale only shows a total loss of 10 lbs.

Does anyone know how this math works? I sure want to believe it!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:59 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Ok ya'll having a really tough time. I had a very stressful week last week, more so than usual! My brother was in from NY and we went to New Orleans on Saturday, I went off plan, I won't go into detail, but it was only one day and I am up 4lbs. I didn't go to my weigh in today because my coach told me that she would kick me out of the program if I gained weight. I didn't feel like getting lectured and berated when I know where I messed up. I didn't feel like defending my actions. I messed up. I know I messed up. I'm back on track. I need encouragement not to be fussed at. I hate this.

I told my coach that I over slept and would have to reschedule, but I'm just going to skip this week and go back next week. I think it's a shame that I am afraid of my coach!
Come see my coach! She is so kind! She admits when she doesn't know something and has been in contact with the powers that be to help me through my issues, mostly with type 1 diabetes. Don't feel ashamed. You didn't let the slip keep you down but instead got right back on the train. You are doing all the right things. We all mess up but we are in it together. You can do this!
Old 03-10-2015, 03:06 PM   #48  

Today I am grateful for BBQ Soy nuts. It's the bosses birthday so there are treats ALLLLL OVER. I am hiding in my office with the door closed eating soy nuts one at at time. 5 hours down, 3 to go
Old 03-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type1lady View Post
WI day...gained 4 lbs! I suffered three serious low blood sugars this past week which resulted in extra food. No way around that. I started walking 30 min every other day and worked in my garden around 4 hrs. total. My coach gave me hug and said keep going!

What I find confusing is the numbers. My body fat % went down 3.4 , my lean went up, can't remember the number so my coach does some fancy math and said that even though the scale says I have gained 4 lbs, I have actually lost 5.38 lbs of fat! So an excellent week in her eyes. We didn't measure because I am just coming off my TOM. Is there really such a thing as this? Can I whoop because of the supposed loss....did I even lose? I really hope to see the scale move too! With the unseen loss she estimates my total at around 18 lbs in 9 weeks. I just find it confusing because my scale only shows a total loss of 10 lbs.

Does anyone know how this math works? I sure want to believe it!
It is totally possible to gain muscle and lose fat and end up heavier! The machines they use aren't entirely accurate and vary a lot based on how hydrated you are (though I can't remember whether more hydration --> more fat on the readout, or the other way around), but if you didn't used to walk and now you're walking and working in the garden (plus the muscles that are more active around TOM, right?) I'd say it's possible that you've gained muscle and lost fat, yeah. I wouldn't treat it as exactly 5.38 pounds, but I would believe the coach and the machine that you still made progress this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I didn't go to my weigh in today because my coach told me that she would kick me out of the program if I gained weight. I didn't feel like getting lectured and berated when I know where I messed up. I didn't feel like defending my actions. I messed up. I know I messed up. I'm back on track. I need encouragement not to be fussed at. I hate this.

I told my coach that I over slept and would have to reschedule, but I'm just going to skip this week and go back next week. I think it's a shame that I am afraid of my coach!
That's a terrible thing for a coach to say, and I'm so sorry that you're scared of her. Is there another clinic nearby that you could go to? The whole point of the coaches (besides, hopefully, having expert-level knowledge of the protocol, or at least access to people who do) is to be motivating!

Last edited by the_magpie; 03-10-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Okay, can def feel like I am on the way to downhill slide. This started last Friday when my Physical Therapist told me that my knee injury healing time would be close to eight weeks to recover! Okay, I am a nurse manager, working with skeleton crew to begin with. So, when you know what hits the fan, I still get a call(whether I am in the middle of a PT session or not!)
Besides, it's a challenge to grocery shop and make dinner on one foot,ugh! It's
getting old, and I have lost all control this week.
So frustrated, clearly I make better nurse than a patient! Thank you for letting me vent. I actually feel better.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #51  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

I had another 2.8lb loss yesterday at WI. And a 1/4" lost here and there. Of course the place I am losing the most inches in from my little A-Cup boobs. Oh well. My WI's are at a clinic but the people that work there are not health professionals of any kind. And the only doc (OB) we saw was back in 2012 at the intro night. He gave a sales talk.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:21 AM   #52  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tips

Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: I have to finish [this food] because it will be a waste of money if I don’t.

Response: The money is spent whether I eat the food or not. Finishing it won’t bring it back, and the only thing it will do is cause me to take in extra calories that I don’t need.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:19 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
I had another 2.8lb loss yesterday at WI. And a 1/4" lost here and there. Of course the place I am losing the most inches in from my little A-Cup boobs. Oh well. My WI's are at a clinic but the people that work there are not health professionals of any kind. And the only doc (OB) we saw was back in 2012 at the intro night. He gave a sales talk.
Sympathize - (barely) B cup here and I know I've lost weight from the girls as bras that were snug are now fitting again.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #54  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: I have to finish [this food] because it will be a waste of money if I don’t.

Response: The money is spent whether I eat the food or not. Finishing it won’t bring it back, and the only thing it will do is cause me to take in extra calories that I don’t need.

Love these tips and responses, Lisa!

Had my first ever Quest bar this morning. Ate more than half of it, so I've had enough to satisfy a packet requirement, but I could finish the rest if I want to.

But I'm full. It's currently in my purse for a later snack, or if I don't need any more snacks today, I'll finish it tomorrow morning with half of another bar.

Because I don't have to finish anything I'm not hungry for!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #55  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Woohoo, me!!
Frawniemae!!!! Congrats! Look at your new avatar photo - fantastic!!!!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
THIS! It's the incredible shrinking Frawniemae!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #57  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Sympathize - (barely) B cup here and I know I've lost weight from the girls as bras that were snug are now fitting again.
It made me feel better to hear from both of you. Barely B here too, and I was a full C before starting this diet. But I'd rather have a small chest and and a small waist than bigger boobs and a big waist. Besides, my husband married me with the small boobs so didn't need big ones to wrangle him in!

Sometimes I wish we could pick and choose where we lose weight.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Lisa,
Will you be having another challenge for summer?
Old 03-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #59  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
THIS! It's the incredible shrinking Frawniemae!
Thanks ladies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Lisa,
She's mentioned it but not sure when it will start.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...llenge-19.html

Last edited by frawniemae; 03-11-2015 at 09:00 PM. Reason: added link to lisa's post about summer challenge
Old 03-12-2015, 08:11 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Lisa,
Yes.
Closed Thread