Old 03-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

My first week was hard, I felt like I was hungry all the time! I've been at it a little over a month now, and I've noticed that I'm not nearly as hungry anymore, and even when I am, it takes much less food to fill me up! Also, my cravings are basically gone. I think about food that I love, like breads and pasta, and cake , and I no longer get the cravings that I used to. It's an amazing feeling!
LegalEagle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #17  
Creating my future today

S/C/G: 183/179/135

Height: 5'5.5"

What LegalEagle said. I'm a confirmed chocoholic and even in the middle of the workday afternoon (my typical time for the munchies) I can walk past the vending machine and 'offerings' brought in by co-workers. The craving just isn't there anymore. I'm not the expert but I feel like perhaps my former eating habits were so out of whack they were causing hourly imbalances, which my body tried to address by craving snacks and sugar. I'm just about a month on the program and started noticing this 'appetite calmness' about 2 weeks in. So, try to be patient and wait for your body to adjust.

If you find you are still having cravings after a week or so I'd second the recommendation for Becks Diet book. Seems like sometimes cravings are either boredom or force of habit, rather than true deficiencies (which is what a craving should be -- our body telling us that we are lacking some important vitamin or mineral).

Beyond that, give IP your best shot and prepare to be amazed! If you don't get all the way with your weight loss, check out some of the other threads about restarting. People successfully phase on and off the program if their concentration and commitment levels aren't where they need to be.
Tigridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 189.6/146/135 Age 73

Height: 5'0"

For those with veggie problems, it is easy (IP fast food) to use the Ziplock steaming bags to cook veggies, or a chicken breast for that matter. Also if you steam 2 cups of greens, they cook down into a very small looking amount of food. I like the steamed greens with vinegar on them.
oma lurline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 181/171/125

Height: 5ft

Default First Weigh In

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and words of wisdom. Today was my first weigh in, I had to do it a day early because of my schedule but I lost 4.5 pounds!!!!! I can't believe it! YAY! Now I am so pumped up to lose more.

Does anyone know if this is all water weight? Upon telling a friend that I was down 4.5 pounds she said it was just water weight....
corileahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #20  

I'm sure it's more than just water weight. My wife and I started for the first time at the beginning of the year. That's what we said the first week that most of it was water weight, or typical first week loss. Even our coach said that we should expect to see less the second week and beyond. To our surprise (and their's) we are still having great weeks and just finished week 10. My wife is losing 4.2 pound average per a week (which is unheard of for ladies). She just pulled a 6lb week! If you stay motivated and stay on plan, you will continue to lose. We got too comfortable a couple of weeks ago and the scale showed it, but being strict with the plan put us right back where we were running and it feels so great! Just stick to the plan you too will do great!
jeffpickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:15 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yes, corileahs, this week it is almost all water weight, BUT it is because you are now depleting your glycogen store and water is dumped along with it. From now on you will start pulling your fat out of storage to use for energy. Good going! Keep it up and the fat burning begins!
Onward & downward! lol

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote