Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #46  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

A little off subject but I'm fighting a cold and a sore throat I am trying to avoid taking any cough syrups or loszenges but if I do have to what should I advoid so not to negatively impact IP?
Thanks in advance for any info
Old 03-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
A little off subject but I'm fighting a cold and a sore throat I am trying to avoid taking any cough syrups or loszenges but if I do have to what should I advoid so not to negatively impact IP?
You'll want sugar-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
I keep tonic water with lime in my hand at all times when I'm at bars.
Tonic has sugar.
Be sure to order Club Soda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Wait... I can substitute my lunch packet with 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites? Fo real?
Yes. Or, like me, you can just have 2 whole eggs. I count it as my restricted due to the higher fat.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-08-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post
I have been thinking about working in some low intensity exercise. Is anyone here familiar with Essentrics/Classic Stretch on PBS?
That is one of my daily workouts.
At first I put a bunch of the Classical Stretch shows on my DVR. Now I have a subscription to Essentrics so I can stream whichever workout I want.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
Just a heads up: tonic water is high in calories and carbohydrates. A 12 oz serving has 32 grams of carbs. You might want to substitute club soda with lime.
Sorry, I always get them mixed up. I even Googled it to make sure I had the right one, but I read too fast.

Here's a good guide to bubbled water. Diet tonic water may be OK, but I bet it has aspartame sometimes. So club soda or seltzer are what you want.

Thanks, Zoe!
Old 03-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
I had a huge problem with this last week! Many products, even labeled sugar free, still had aspartame in it. Make sure you read the inactive ingredients.

I found Advil cold & sinus was ok - in my store you have to get it at the pharmacy but it's OTC. For cough drops I picked up Halls sugar free honey and lemon.

Good luck and hope you feel better!

Last edited by JJTx; 03-08-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #51  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yes. Or, like me, you can just have 2 whole eggs. I count it as my restricted due to the higher fat.
Yesssss! Weekends are looking up!

On another note, baked some rutabaga fries in olive oil, splenda and salt today. Didn't get as crispy as I was hoping, but was a delicious sweet and salty veggie portion!

I'm trying out potato substitutes people suggest. So far, I know that rutabagas are better than turnips...
Old 03-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 200.4/175/155

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for this note.. I too restarted 2 days ago and the time will pass whether i stay on plan or not.. I would rather be in the position that I can look in the mirror and say "woohoo, I got to my goal weight because I stayed the course".. rather than "I wish I had stayed the course".
Looking forward to this journey with this team!
Closed Thread