Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 10:54 PM   #46  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink1974 View Post
hi i am on day 1 and definitely on the honeymoon trip with IP i am very excited! i am a mommy of 2, 40 years young, i weighed in at 198 pounds, and 5'6". i am really happy to have found this page thank you!

i have a question, am i allowed the IP barb q sauce and dressing in 1 day and how much of each for each day? i am planning on burger and caeser salad IP style for my supper
Do you mean the Walden Farms products? I don't use them, but yes, they're allowed. Serving size is whatever is on the label.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #47  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barri1970 View Post
I am starting today! Today is exactly 3 months until my 45th birthday! I am REALLY hoping to get to my goal for my birthday!

This is my third time trying the plan. First two times I lost 12-15lbs in 3 weeks! Hoping for the same results this time!
I am restarting too and my goal date is also my birthday, June 4th!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:09 AM   #48  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Hey All!

My name is Karen and it is so good to be back on IP. I restarted last Wed, March 4, after a year of being off plan, lots of emotional turmoil and regaining 20lbs. During that time, I attempted to rejoin but I wasn't fully committed until now. It's like there is this mental switch that needs to click inside and finally, it's ON. Looking forward to losing the weight and phasing off properly with the help of my Center/Coaches, something which I did not do the first time. And, super psyched to be back on this forum with all of you!

I'm an emotional eater and I need to figure out a way not to turn to food. I fell way out of control and it stemmed from not being happy in my former position at work, losing my father (a GREAT dad + teacher) from a long term and anguishing mental illness and, from not placing myself first.

I'm ready to find inner strength and happiness, place myself first (for once) and learn not to turn to food for comfort. This forum has always served as place that provided a wealth of knowledge for me and I appreciate all of the stories everyone shares.

The great thing about restarting for me is that I decided to rejoin on Wed AM when I awoke, I made an appointment that day and I placed and order and met with a coach that very afternoon. I didn't dare look at the scale so I don't know my start weight but next week, I will ask. Although, I stepped on my personal scale this AM and weighed in at 179.

My first day on IP was good. Day 2 - I had a huge surge of natural energy throughout and day 3 and 4, blah. I took a keto test this AM and unfortunately, I'm still not in ketosis although, I'm going to try it tonight as I hear that may make a difference. Temptations are everywhere but it feels really good to have this program as a tool right now. I spiraled way out of control and I'm the type of person who needs a strict script of what to eat other than a free for all that Weight Watchers provides, for instance. Yesterday was tough as it was the start of my first weekend on plan. I find that it's much easier to focus during the week, when I am working, as I am distracted.

Thanks for starting this thread - cheers to all of us March IP Re-Starters!

Last edited by KareVT; 03-08-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #49  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, KareVT! I hear you on the mental switch--I half-committed several times before finally taking the plunge on March 1. Good luck, you've got this!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #50  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Had my own little "official" weigh-in this morning. Down 5 lbs! I'll take it! I also did a keto test and I'm in ketosis now. Yay.

I'm still sick. Nothing serious--just a cough and congestion and mild fever. Unfortunately 3 of my kids are sick too, so I'm not exactly getting the rest and sleep I would like! That's okay. We've decided to stay home instead of attempt church today and we're currently snuggled under blankets watching Finding Nemo. I'm actually happy for this little test of my willpower. The kids are snacking on all sorts of delicious things all around me and I'm managing to stay OP anyway.

Thanks for all the well-wishes!

How's everyone else doing today?
Old 03-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #51  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Feel better, Annie. It's tough when everyone is sick. I hope you all feel better soon. Congrats on the loss. 5lbs is a great start.

I took a field trip to a grocery store 30 min away since they're the only ones in the area that carry frozen rhubarb. Right now I'm stewing some for my lunch vegetables. It's so good, it should be illegal on any diet. I also bought a body analysis scale. Since I'm currently not working with my coach due to financial reasons, I decided to invest the $30 in a more accurate scale. I'll set it up this afternoon and see what it has to say.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 188.8 lbs/ 188.8 lbs./ 150

Hello,

I'm new to this site! My doctor gave me some information on the ITG diet plan and looked it up online and saw this site. People were saying that some of these plans are all the same just labeled by a different company. I saw that quite a few people are on the IP diet and I've down loaded the 4 phases of the diet. But I'm a little confused. I see were a lot of you are still seeing a coach at their center. Does that mean everyone is still going to the actual diet center or is it better to go off the phase sheets posted and buy the food online?
Old 03-08-2015, 05:46 PM   #53  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEITLEAVEIT View Post
Hello,

I'm new to this site! My doctor gave me some information on the ITG diet plan and looked it up online and saw this site. People were saying that some of these plans are all the same just labeled by a different company. I saw that quite a few people are on the IP diet and I've down loaded the 4 phases of the diet. But I'm a little confused. I see were a lot of you are still seeing a coach at their center. Does that mean everyone is still going to the actual diet center or is it better to go off the phase sheets posted and buy the food online?
Hi Love, welcome!

This decision is entirely up to you, and what you think will work for you.

Some people enjoy having a coach that they can ask questions and verify information. They can get packets that they know are IP without checking the label, and they see great success.

Some people don't want to or can't spend the money on IP, so they use alternative products and this forum as their coach. They have to put more effort into what they eat - checking nutrition info, ordering food in advance, etc. And they've seen great success too.

I'm on alternative products, as I was when I initially tried IP two years ago, and as far as I can tell, the results are the same as long as you stick to the protocol.

Whichever path you choose is up to you, and what you want/need as you continue on the program.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I am a re-starter as of today. I did IP 3 years ago and lost 50 lbs before my wedding. I actually maintained most of it for almost two years until I got a new job that has me traveling about 50% of the time, and out of the country. I've since gained all the weight back and then some and am now at my highest weight EVER!! Enough is enough and I am ready to get back to myself and 99% of my closet which is not wearable right now. Each day will be a tough one and I've got to learn how to do IP in Europe, but I am ready to commit again.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEITLEAVEIT View Post
Hello,

Love
I am doing a reboot this time but in 2010 I worked with a coach to Lose 30 pounds. Personally I do not think I would of been as successful doings it on my own. I looked forward to the weigh in and her encouraging pep talk each week. The decision of having a coach or doing it alone has to be your decision.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
I am a re-starter as of today. I did IP 3 years ago and lost 50 lbs before my wedding. I actually maintained most of it for almost two years until I got a new job that has me traveling about 50% of the time, and out of the country. I've since gained all the weight back and then some and am now at my highest weight EVER!! Enough is enough and I am ready to get back to myself and 99% of my closet which is not wearable right now. Each day will be a tough one and I've got to learn how to do IP in Europe, but I am ready to commit again.
I can relate to 99% of my closet in not wearable. I refuse to buy a bigger size so my wardrobe is very limited.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:18 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 200.4/175/155

I personally love the chocolate ready to drinks and the peanut butter crunch bars. they have helped me a lot - especially on days where I needed chocolate..
Good Luck!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:21 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 200.4/175/155

I'm in the same boat (except not traveling, just being busy with the kids). I too have a closet full of clothes that don't fit and I refuse to buy new summer clothes. Summer bodies are made in the winter and since spring starts in 2 weeks, we picked the right time to start! Best of luck!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #59  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Hope everyone's WI after their first week is going well! I've got my signature ready for mine in the morning!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #60  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Thanks for your warm welcome IdealAnnie. Hope you are feeling better and good for you for staying OP. Congrats on losing 5lbs!
Closed Thread