Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 08:25 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

WTG JJTx!! OMG, you did it!! I am so proud of you! Hold onto the photo, I have referred back to mine more than once for motivation!! Doesn't it feel great? Say goodbye to the 200's forever!

One -Glad to hear you were mostly able to stay OP. I am sitting in my car right now in the parking lot of my DD's bball game eating my second meal on the road today. Shrimp stir fry is better than fast food anyway. I keep saying it but planning is the key. Hope you find some relaxing moments in between all of your condo work.

Sue - so proud of you for kicking butt and staying OP with everything you have going on right now. Love that you and you DS volunteer together. My DD just signed up for a mother/daughter volunteer organization (kind of like a jr league). Think it will be good for us when she hits her terrible teens.

Loser - Just wanted to give you words of encouragement. We all know how hard this diet can be and fatigue can set it. You've come too far and worked too hard. I know you are going to hop right back OP! You can do it!!

Bridal - Love that you are getting so much value from your new coach. The right coach can make all of the difference IMO. You are rocking this diet! Can't wait til we're in maintenance together!!

DH and DS are off visiting our old college this weekend. Wish I could have gone back to visit the campus but DD had 2 soccer and 2 basketball games today (with 1 more of each tomorrow). I don't know about her but I am exhausted! Lol! Bless 12yo with unlimited energy. Perfect time of year for soccer...the weather was perfect!

My sister is staying with my folks this weekend. Nice to be "normal" for a weekend. Back down to them next weekend for the holiday.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!!
Old 03-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #272  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello to all -- everything here with the Summer Starters is looking good --

So after my morning meetings were over with, I managed to indulge in some retail therapy today... found the Talbot's outlet store here and picked up 2 pair of pants (12 Petite!!!!), a matching jacket (also 12P) for one pair, and 4 tops (some L but a couple M).... then off to the Jockey outlet where I found a new pair of skimmies (a size M modern day substitute for petti pants... I guess I date myself), a new pair of pajama pants (to replace some that are too large, but the top to the original jammies still works fine, plus a bootcut yoga pant and top..... and then over to the Bare Escentuals outlet for some lipstick and blush.

Then I hit the GNC to pick up some Quest chips - still 'buy 3 get 1 free,' and while there I let the cashier talk me into trying the Smores variety of Quest bar....

I just baked the bar and am enjoying it as I check in here... these bars baked in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes are really good - they satisfy my craving for real cookies, including the experience (with yummy scent) of baking. Who could ask for more?

I had a shopping afternoon of the kind I have not done in years. It was delightful!

ohhh -- and I forgot to mention that various folks in the meetings yesterday and this morning told me how great I look since they saw me last year - it was wonderful hearing their compliments, and telling them about IP and 3FC. I have to say that right now, things seem pretty much all right with my world.... I have lot's of stuff to do and things that need taking care of, but all things considered, there is good stuff happening and I am savoring it!

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-14-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:57 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morining Everyone..

One-Yeah on the shopping spree! I know it feels good and you will feel even better every time you slip them on and then fit! LOL

DH bought me the FitBit Charge for my birthday funny thing was that with everything going on, I never even mentioned that I wanted it LOL..

So I have a question about the fit bit charge....do you think the step count is accurate? I am having a hard time believing that I got 10000 steps in yesterday when I didn't even put it on till 2:30pm! Kind of seems like a lot? Anyone with experience with this model? Wondering if I should return it for the one that clips on???

NO plans today other than Mt. Laundry! I think I may pack away some of the heavier winter items too just to get them out of the closet. If they still fit I am packing them away..too big and they are heading to the donation pile!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:44 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Hello to all -- everything here with the Summer Starters is looking good --

So after my morning meetings were over with, I managed to indulge in some retail therapy today... found the Talbot's outlet store here and picked up 2 pair of pants (12 Petite!!!!), a matching jacket (also 12P) for one pair, and 4 tops (some L but a couple M).... then off to the Jockey outlet where I found a new pair of skimmies (a size M modern day substitute for petti pants... I guess I date myself), a new pair of pajama pants (to replace some that are too large, but the top to the original jammies still works fine, plus a bootcut yoga pant and top..... and then over to the Bare Escentuals outlet for some lipstick and blush.

Then I hit the GNC to pick up some Quest chips - still 'buy 3 get 1 free,' and while there I let the cashier talk me into trying the Smores variety of Quest bar....

I just baked the bar and am enjoying it as I check in here... these bars baked in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes are really good - they satisfy my craving for real cookies, including the experience (with yummy scent) of baking. Who could ask for more?

I had a shopping afternoon of the kind I have not done in years. It was delightful!

ohhh -- and I forgot to mention that various folks in the meetings yesterday and this morning told me how great I look since they saw me last year - it was wonderful hearing their compliments, and telling them about IP and 3FC. I have to say that right now, things seem pretty much all right with my world.... I have lot's of stuff to do and things that need taking care of, but all things considered, there is good stuff happening and I am savoring it!
Retail therapy is the best! I went to Nordstrom's recently and the shopgirl kept coming to ask me if I needed anything and for every single thing I brought into the dressing room, I had to ask for the next size down. I had experienced that already in the stores that cater to the mature "woman" but I thought at Nordstrom's I would still need the larger sizes but much to my surprise I was even a "S" in some things.

Also, that's great about people noticing. Congrats on your success.

Are you getting rid of the old pj bottoms? I find that I am still holding onto some stuff. Afraid to get rid of everything and then have to rebuy stuff. I know that's not the right attitude and I'm only keeping stuff I used to love or might be part of a set like your Pjs. I told myself I would have one bin and if after a year I didn't need it I would get rid of it. But, maybe that's self defeating (but realistic??)
Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Sue - you'll want to calculate your stride and enter it manually into the settings on the website (I don't think it works from the app).
Old 03-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #276  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Dymatize iso-100 pure whey isolate (just five ingredients gluten-free, under 1 carb, 110 calories for 25g protein) in Birthday cake flavour. Did you get that? BIRTHDAY CAKE. It is beyond deliciousness and now I'm busy trying to work out how to make it into an actual cake. My tastebuds think they made it into heaven today. Seriously, if you can afford this (I think they also do a 10 serving packet online) it may be the solution for all known desires for cake. [/QUOTE]

I purchased the Dymatize ISO -100 pure whey isolate at the Vitamin Shoppe today. I bought Vanilla and Chocolate Fudge. It was $38 per container ( approx 2lbs). It's a big container though....can't imagine how large a 5 lb container would be. Hope it's yummy!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:15 PM   #277  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
Retail therapy is the best! I went to Nordstrom's recently and the shopgirl kept coming to ask me if I needed anything and for every single thing I brought into the dressing room, I had to ask for the next size down. I had experienced that already in the stores that cater to the mature "woman" but I thought at Nordstrom's I would still need the larger sizes but much to my surprise I was even a "S" in some things.

Also, that's great about people noticing. Congrats on your success.

Are you getting rid of the old pj bottoms? I find that I am still holding onto some stuff. Afraid to get rid of everything and then have to rebuy stuff. I know that's not the right attitude and I'm only keeping stuff I used to love or might be part of a set like your Pjs. I told myself I would have one bin and if after a year I didn't need it I would get rid of it. But, maybe that's self defeating (but realistic??)
I am going to wear the new PJ bottoms and see how I feel about them.... since the original (and the new) are simple drawstring pants, I might just alter the big ones to a smaller waist size (cut some of the fabric out on each side, and close them back up with a new shorter length of elastic. It is times like this when I really miss my Mom... she would take care of this in a New York minute. They are really nice soft cotton knit that sleep very well... otherwise I would put them in the donate pile, I guess.

I have not begun to offload clothing yet - though I just found a terrific consignment shop that I will use for most of my nicer clothing in larger sizes - I have an appt with them in May to take in 25 pieces - summer or year round items. After 60 days they will be donated and I will get the receipt for taxes.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:18 PM   #278  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
Dymatize iso-100 pure whey isolate (just five ingredients gluten-free, under 1 carb, 110 calories for 25g protein) in Birthday cake flavour. Did you get that? BIRTHDAY CAKE. It is beyond deliciousness and now I'm busy trying to work out how to make it into an actual cake. My tastebuds think they made it into heaven today. Seriously, if you can afford this (I think they also do a 10 serving packet online) it may be the solution for all known desires for cake.
I purchased the Dymatize ISO -100 pure whey isolate at the Vitamin Shoppe today. I bought Vanilla and Chocolate Fudge. It was $38 per container ( approx 2lbs). It's a big container though....can't imagine how large a 5 lb container would be. Hope it's yummy![/QUOTE]

You and Briael must hang out in the same crowd! Your posts on this product are so similar! You too should collaborate on this desire to make a real cake - and then share recipe and nutrient contents with all of us, of course!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #279  
oneuh2

April begins on Wednesday... I guess we will start a new thread for Summer Starters... Flexing our Powers to Deal with April Showers?

Anyone have ideas for a particular focus for the month of April? Please share some ideas!

I am wondering if we ought to do some kind of focus on water (obvious reflection of the the April Showers poetry reference....)

I am thinking of a month long challenge to drink regular, unflavored, with or without ice H2O, and aiming for a daily number of ounces equal to or better than half our pounds of weight... I am guessing some of us are not as religious about our water intake as others, yet we probably all agree that it is a critical success factor to reaching goal on IP without unnecessary delay.

So that's a thought... what do you all think?

Last edited by oneuh2; 03-29-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:25 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Sue - you'll want to calculate your stride and enter it manually into the settings on the website (I don't think it works from the app).
Thanks I will try to figure it out in the settings. Although yesterday I wore it all day and it seemed to calculate correctly. Only hit 6000 for the day which seems correct for the lazy laundry day I had yesterday. Didn't leave the house till dinner time LOL.. Maybe day 1 was a fluke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
April begins on Wednesday... I guess we will start a new thread for Summer Starters... Flexing our Powers to Deal with April Showers?

Anyone have ideas for a particular focus for the month of April? Please share some ideas!

I am wondering if we ought to do some kind of focus on water (obvious reflection of the the April Showers poetry reference....)

I am thinking of a month long challenge to drink regular, unflavored, with or without ice H2O, and aiming for a daily number of ounces equal to or better than half our pounds of weight... I am guessing some of us are not as religious about our water intake as others, yet we probably all agree that it is a critical success factor to reaching goal on IP without unnecessary delay.

So that's a thought... what do you all think?
Good Idea on the water. As we get into the warmer months I drink more so not an issue for me. Name sounds great! Just remember soon it will have to be Summer 2014 starters....

So other than 5 loads of laundry and paying bills had a relaxing day at home yesterday. I did not meet my goal of Onederland before my birthday, but I am really close so I will take that as a win. To work today wearing a brand new pair of size 16 black pants and a 14/16 shirt. Feeling good!

I like the fitbit that DH bought me for my birthday, but it is disturbing to see my sleep patterns... Saturday night I went to bed at 10:15 and up at 6:00...says I was awake 22 minutes & restless 171 minutes LOL....Now I have proof I don't sleep! No wonder I have circles under my eyes LOL.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #281  

Happy belated Birthday Sue!! Hope your day was great and OP!!

I am dragging today! DH and I went to see Journey and the Steve Miller Band last night. What a show! Was originally scheduled for earlier this month but was rescheduled due to freezing weather. Amazing what a few weeks can do! Concert was great but late. Too old for these late nights on a work day.

Bummer is I changed clothes before the concert and forgot to but my Fitbit on. Bummer! We walked soooo far! Oh well, I got the steps in and that's what matters most.

Don't Stop Believin'

Last edited by CenTXChk; 03-30-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #282  

So I had a 0.8lb gain at WI this week. I was up in lbs and up 4.6lbs in water (and also feel al little C if you know what I mean). My aria scale jumped up 2lbs this morning from yesterday so I was disappointed going into WI this morning. But I have to say, it is the best gain I’ve ever had!

Down 5.4lbs of fat and calculated at 29.8% of body fat!! The scale at WI calculated that I only have another 10lbs to lose. Currently, my final WI goal is another 25lbs away. I was super pumped to think I might be closer to reaching “goal” than I thought. My coach kept telling me not to set a goal weight but a body fat % goal (the clinic’s is generally 19% BF).

Since I spent several hours gardening yesterday and then walking, walking, walking between my DD’s soccer game and at that concert last night she said my muscles are storing an extra 4lbs of water. My legs are sore!

Girls, you are right about the exercise! Other than hard core P1 this week, my goal is to walk every day. Just wish I had my tennies with me at work today. Literally work steps from Ladybird Lake. The weather is so great right now, I am going to start walking during lunch. Personal goal is to reach at least 10k steps per day!!

Oh, the dress I am wearing today is a size 10! OMG!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:42 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday Sue!!!

Oneuh2 - sounds like a great idea for April, I know I have to watch the water thing so it will be a good reminder!

CenTxChk - congrats on your results and some new goal setting - you're right around the corner! And it sounds like you have a perfect place to get some walking in! Get movin'

Quick update for me, busy few days ahead preparing for Holy Week and Easter.
Weekend weather was fantastic! We spent most of the day outside Saturday, and got some tree trimming in - I wore a tank top and got a start on my tan. Sunday we took my son to an egg hunt, which was windy but fun. Today is my best chance schedule and weather-wise to pull off a walk to school this afternoon.

Have a great IP-OP day y'all!

Last edited by JJTx; 03-30-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #284  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Oneuh, I was quoting Briael ( although poorly, it seems)in my post about the Dymatize protien powder. She was talking about the Birthday cake flavor and the expensive price. I was commenting that I decided to buy the Vanilla and Chocolate at the Vitamin Shoppe and it was only $38.00 in case others wanted to,try. Briael seems so knowledgeable I wanted to try the product she recommended! I like the water challenge for April. Maybe water and adding some fitness like walking??

Sue, you should be sure to callibrate your FitBit...even though you think the first day was a fluke and yesterday seems correct.....it seems unusual to get 6000 steps in on a relaxing day at home doing laundry. More power to you if it is accurate...but it does take quite a bit of effort to get 10,000 steps in per day.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #285  
oneuh2

OhZoe - that explains why you sounded so much like Briael - you were quoting her!!!

Everyone -- I think OhZoe's idea about both water and exercise is a good one - how about water and steps -so many of us seem to be tracking steps.
I just figured out that my iPhone has a health app that makes my iPhone track my steps if I am carrying it with me... maybe others in this group of Summer Starters 2014 have some kind of tracker...? And if you don't have a tracker, then how about reporting walking distance or time, or other exercise.

I think this might work - but still open to more ideas if anyone wants to 'weigh in' (ha ha!)

We have another 24 hrs or so... so, pitch your ideas if you have any for April's theme.

I will be on the road driving tomorrow - will try to open the new thread for April early on Wednesday...
Closed Thread