Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningal View Post
Good morning all! Today I begin again.
Even though i've had many restart Mondays in the last several months that ended up in "I'll start next week" Tuesdays, I feel like I'm in a good mindset right now. I was successful on IP once before but quit abruptly when one of life's curve balls came my way. I truly regret not sticking with the program during that time. Life is full of twists and turns and curve balls and I came to realize I have been waiting for a more "convenient" time to recommit whole-heartedly to getting healthy. Well, we all know that perfect time will never come. So, it's a choice. It's a choice each and every day; each and every minute. I seem to find time to do all the other things I really want to do in a day.....so today I choose to begin again for the last time.
I could not agree with this more! Mine were usually "I'll start next week" Wednesdays, but either way, they came and went. I kept making excuses for myself (well this weekend I have dinner plans so I can't POSSIBLY be OP the rest of the week). I have officially run out of excuses and am 100% committed to staying on plan and seeing this through. I WILL hit my 100lbs goal that I set 2 years ago!
Old 03-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
Yay, congrats! That's exciting about not craving the bagels!

I'm going to a thing tonight where there will be pizza, and I am feeling anxious. Like... I know I won't eat the pizza; that's not my worry. I'm worried that I will WANT the pizza, and it will be distracting. (Pizza is my favorite thing, which is funny since there's evidence that I'm sensitive to gluten and therefore should never have most pizzas.) I'm also worried that people will think I'm weird for not partaking of the pizza and beer, you know? (I look like someone who says yes to free pizza, if you catch my drift.)

I've got some IP apple oatmeal and zucchini muffins to take along (chosen because they're my favorite -- better than the pancake muffins! -- and because they look the most like normal-people food). I'm going to take some decaf coffee, because I love coffee, and I'm hoping the smell will distract me from the pizza smell. I can tell them honestly that I have enough food sensitivities that it's easier to bring my own (true enough), and I think they'll be understanding.

So... I'm as ready to cope as I can be. Just wish me luck?
We took our DD10 out Saturday to play with her cousins and my SIL was amazed that I was able to sit back and watch as they all gobbled pizza / cheesy bread sticks as I ate a salad piled with cucumbers and green peppers. I didn't know where we were going so had an emergency pre-made shake and zucchini chips just in case. You CAN do this - as Legal already said, you are going in prepared!
Old 03-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5"2

So i am meeting with a coach for the first time about IP and i am super excited. I really hope i have the discipline for it. It sounds really hard!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
I could not agree with this more! Mine were usually "I'll start next week" Wednesdays, but either way, they came and went. I kept making excuses for myself (well this weekend I have dinner plans so I can't POSSIBLY be OP the rest of the week). I have officially run out of excuses and am 100% committed to staying on plan and seeing this through. I WILL hit my 100lbs goal that I set 2 years ago!
I hear you - it took realizing I was going to have to go to the thrift store before I busted out of all my work pants to get my arse in gear!

Btw - is that your darling American Eskimo in your profile picture? My niece had the cutest little guy, Blizzard - we loved that dog! She went to college though and now her dad is taking care of him so we don't get to dog-sit anymore
Old 03-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #50  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

Great week last week- I weighed in yesterday and down 4.8 pounds total of 16 pounds. I am super excited. for the past two days have felt extremely hungry at times. I feel since its close to that TOM- this is why. Everyone keep up the awesome good week.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #51  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tips

Tuesday Reality Check

It’s never your job to eat something just because someone wants you to. It is ALWAYS your job to make good decisions for you that support your health and happiness.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis2502003 View Post
So i am meeting with a coach for the first time about IP and i am super excited. I really hope i have the discipline for it. It sounds really hard!!!
Sis -

The first week or two are the hardest. I hated the first drink I tried and seriously questioned my decision. But after a few days of trying different items, I found ones I was ok with. As time goes on your tastes will adjust and you will start to actually like many of the packaged foods. Experimenting with new foods while going through carb withdrawl is hard but worth sticking to in order to get into ketosis. The appetite suppression and added energy that many people experience in ketosis carries you through until the diet becomes your daily routine.

You can do this. By April you will be asking yourself why you didn't start sooner.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #53  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

NSV ALERT!!! I ended up losing 2 lbs last week even with having to eat restaurant food a couple of times over the weekend. Hooray. The NSV is I hit my first goal - and that was to get down to my high weight when I did IP in 2012...
Old 03-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
NSV ALERT!!! I ended up losing 2 lbs last week even with having to eat restaurant food a couple of times over the weekend. Hooray. The NSV is I hit my first goal - and that was to get down to my high weight when I did IP in 2012...
Congrats on the Scale Victory!
Old 03-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Y'all, the Walden Farms sweet cream coffee creamer is FANTASTIC.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:32 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/201/155

Height: 5'10''

I think resisting food at social gatherings/at work have been the most difficult for me. There have been treats in my office like every other day since I've started IP, lol -- Doughnuts, King cake, homemade pastries from a fancy bakery, homemade cookies, pizza, etc. But, I haven't had a nibble, which for someone with a big sweet tooth, is an accomplishment. I keep reminding myself that it will be worth it when I'm at goal and feel healthier and this is helping me learn to control cravings and portions.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
I felt like this too. I asked for extra prayer that first week because I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. I am a grazer and love both sweet and salty! But I was so pleasantly surprised! I wasn't hungry and had no cravings and never had this "flu" people talk about. You can do it! There were times where out of habit I would look for something to eat but I kept (and still do) myself busy with reading, painting the kitchen etc. and started going to bed earlier. Slate afternoon and after supper are the hardest times. So moving my dinner up an hour helped and going to bed earlier. We can use a little more sleep anyways ☺️ I will say a prayer for you too!😃 " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Old 03-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Tom still hasn't come to visit! Down 1.2 lbs this week. Slow and steady....

Does anyone know if walden farm products are available in Canada?

Last edited by Type1lady; 03-03-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #59  
In it for the long haul!

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Quote:
The first few days are the hardest. I had headaches and felt really tired, but once you get into it it is pretty easy. I've been doing it for 5 months now with a week off here and there (Christmas, etc). If I get it out of my system and then get right back on it. I've been fine and have continued to lose like never before in my life. Being able to stay committed boosts my confidence for being able to keep the weight off after I'm done.

You'll be fine. The substantial weight losses are really nice motivators!!! Keep us posted on how you're doing. There is a lot of fantastic support here!!!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #60  
In it for the long haul!

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo82 View Post
I think resisting food at social gatherings/at work have been the most difficult for me. There have been treats in my office like every other day since I've started IP, lol -- Doughnuts, King cake, homemade pastries from a fancy bakery, homemade cookies, pizza, etc. But, I haven't had a nibble, which for someone with a big sweet tooth, is an accomplishment. I keep reminding myself that it will be worth it when I'm at goal and feel healthier and this is helping me learn to control cravings and portions.
GOOD FOR YOU, jojo82! You go, girl!!!! You will find that you're ability to make good choices will get stronger as you go. Somewhere on this site I've seen it described as a muscle that gets stronger as you use it -- and I've found that to be very true. Never really tried to use that muscle much in the past -- didn't know that it worked, but it does!!!!! Again, congratulations!
Closed Thread