Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

staceyjblack: re: sashimi
I've had fresh raw salmon, chutoro (pink grade tuna - not highest in fat from the belly, but not the red lowest grade either), scallop, and my favorite - uni (sea urchin). I have had skate before too... but that can be hard to get.

Liana
Old 03-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #32  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Down 5 lbs and 2 inches this week! I am so excited!! Needed a good week in the worst way. Amazing what a couple little numbers can do to your attitude.

I swear my loss could have been more (my home scale was lower yesterday than today) but I slacked on the water yesterday. Hopping right back up on that pony today.

BTW, Sprouts had Walden Farm BOGO through March 4th in my neck of the woods. Still couldn’t find the creamer though…wish I could find it local instead of ordering online. Too cheap to pay for shipping.
How fabulous that you had a woosh this week!!! Speck-tack-oooo-lar!!!!
Aren't you glad you did not let diet fatigue get you down!!!

Way to go, CenTXChk!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:10 AM   #33  

AwkQuarius
Are you following IP p1? Canola oil isn't on the plan.
I don't buy or use canola oil at home b/c I don't believe it is healthy but many restautants use it so I'm sure there is some exposure to to it. I find it so sad that Whooe Foods (who should know better!) is using it.

Your best choice there is to build your own salad does your WF have a salad bar?) and use olive oil and AC vinegar for dressing (or, many IPers carry WF dressing packets with them). If no salad bar, skip the buffet and grab a package of greens in the produce section.

As far as "hurting" Canola is a fat and won't affect Ketosis. But if it was a pre-dressed salad, you can't control the amount they gave you. In restaurant situations, I usually skip my added oil at home (and my restricted). I just assume no matter how carefully I order, something will be in the food I didn't know about.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-03-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #34  
One Choice At A Time

S/C/G: 290/274/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Today I begin again.
Even though i've had many restart Mondays in the last several months that ended up in "I'll start next week" Tuesdays, I feel like I'm in a good mindset right now. I was successful on IP once before but quit abruptly when one of life's curve balls came my way. I truly regret not sticking with the program during that time. Life is full of twists and turns and curve balls and I came to realize I have been waiting for a more "convenient" time to recommit whole-heartedly to getting healthy. Well, we all know that perfect time will never come. So, it's a choice. It's a choice each and every day; each and every minute. I seem to find time to do all the other things I really want to do in a day.....so today I choose to begin again for the last time.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Morning IPeeps! I had my weigh in last night and am down another 4.2 pounds, so that brings my total loss to 13.6 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm pretty happy with it, especially since my second week was a slight gain because I went on vacation and had a hard time sticking to the plan before I really knew how. I am very happy with the results so far. My boss brought bagels in this morning (because he's awesome), and I don't even want one. A couple of weeks ago, I would have had to physically keep myself out of the break room because the cravings for carbs were so bad. Now, I can look at them, and the cravings aren't even there. What a great feeling!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #36  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningal View Post
Even though i've had many restart Mondays in the last several months that ended up in "I'll start next week" Tuesdays, I feel like I'm in a good mindset right now. I was successful on IP once before but quit abruptly when one of life's curve balls came my way. I truly regret not sticking with the program during that time. Life is full of twists and turns and curve balls and I came to realize I have been waiting for a more "convenient" time to recommit whole-heartedly to getting healthy. Well, we all know that perfect time will never come. So, it's a choice. It's a choice each and every day; each and every minute. I seem to find time to do all the other things I really want to do in a day.....so today I choose to begin again for the last time.
Oh my goodness, I'm so with you. Especially on the "I'll start next week" Tuesdays. Haha. What a perfect way to say that. I've been saying since New Year's that I would do restart. I'm so glad it finally clicked--I'm totally committed now. And you're right. Every day is a choice, every minute even. Good luck with all those choices today!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:56 AM   #37  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle14 View Post
Morning IPeeps! I had my weigh in last night and am down another 4.2 pounds, so that brings my total loss to 13.6 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm pretty happy with it, especially since my second week was a slight gain because I went on vacation and had a hard time sticking to the plan before I really knew how. I am very happy with the results so far. My boss brought bagels in this morning (because he's awesome), and I don't even want one. A couple of weeks ago, I would have had to physically keep myself out of the break room because the cravings for carbs were so bad. Now, I can look at them, and the cravings aren't even there. What a great feeling!
Wow! Congrats!!! Both for the weight loss and also for the lack of cravings!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Yay, congrats! That's exciting about not craving the bagels!

I'm going to a thing tonight where there will be pizza, and I am feeling anxious. Like... I know I won't eat the pizza; that's not my worry. I'm worried that I will WANT the pizza, and it will be distracting. (Pizza is my favorite thing, which is funny since there's evidence that I'm sensitive to gluten and therefore should never have most pizzas.) I'm also worried that people will think I'm weird for not partaking of the pizza and beer, you know? (I look like someone who says yes to free pizza, if you catch my drift.)

I've got some IP apple oatmeal and zucchini muffins to take along (chosen because they're my favorite -- better than the pancake muffins! -- and because they look the most like normal-people food). I'm going to take some decaf coffee, because I love coffee, and I'm hoping the smell will distract me from the pizza smell. I can tell them honestly that I have enough food sensitivities that it's easier to bring my own (true enough), and I think they'll be understanding.

So... I'm as ready to cope as I can be. Just wish me luck?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Good luck magpie! You have a great plan, and I'm sure you'll do great Planning is the most important part, and you've clearly got that down.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:22 PM   #40  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

You might be pleasantly surprised at your lack of desire for the pizza. On IP I haven't seemed to crave many things. People have eaten amazing smelling food and my favourite desserts right beside me and I couldn't care less. Hopefully this will be the case with you!

Don't worry about what people will think. I've had lots of people tell me their opinions and I just tell them that they're entitled to their opinion but it's my body...it does get frustrating though.

Good luck with the event tonight, I believe in you!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #41  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post

I'm going to a thing tonight where there will be pizza, and I am feeling anxious. Like... I know I won't eat the pizza; that's not my worry. I'm worried that I will WANT the pizza, and it will be distracting. (Pizza is my favorite thing, which is funny since there's evidence that I'm sensitive to gluten and therefore should never have most pizzas.) I'm also worried that people will think I'm weird for not partaking of the pizza and beer, you know? (I look like someone who says yes to free pizza, if you catch my drift.)

I've got some IP apple oatmeal and zucchini muffins to take along (chosen because they're my favorite -- better than the pancake muffins! -- and because they look the most like normal-people food). I'm going to take some decaf coffee, because I love coffee, and I'm hoping the smell will distract me from the pizza smell. I can tell them honestly that I have enough food sensitivities that it's easier to bring my own (true enough), and I think they'll be understanding.

I think you have a great plan of action! My work is always having parties with forbidden food. I have avoided a lot of them, but tomorrow I am actually going because it's an appreciation party for someone I TRULY appreciate. I just told everyone that I can't eat that food. They see me losing weight. It isn't happening magically! I am doing something healthy for me. So are you. It's normal to be anxious. Just remember your goal. Remember why you are doing what you're doing, and why you have decided to be healthy! Keep your eye on the prize and off of the pizza. Good luck!!! You'll do great!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Aww, thanks, everybody!

Last edited by the_magpie; 03-03-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:59 PM   #43  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
I just told everyone that I can't eat that food. They see me losing weight. It isn't happening magically! I am doing something healthy for me. So are you. It's normal to be anxious. Just remember your goal. Remember why you are doing what you're doing, and why you have decided to be healthy! Keep your eye on the prize and off of the pizza. Good luck!!! You'll do great!
That was some speech, MiWi. XD

I felt super sick yesterday, my very first day back on IP after two years. I think partially because my lunch wasn't hearty enough- I had surprise (aka unwelcome :P) guests Sunday evening so I had to throw a minimalist lunch together Monday morning.

Today is much better so far- I heated up some peppers and zucchini that I sautéed last night, threw them together with lettuce and spinach, added a bit of WF chipotle ranch dressing, and then smothered it with a packet of Lindora veggie chili.

Oh man, do I feel better.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #44  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningal View Post
Great job on coming back for a restart. The way I see it, we have to be honest with ourselves about the longer term: We can choose to say we'll make the necessary eating habit changes that will prevent us from regaining OR we can say ... I will try to eat better and move more, but I know that the IP principles work and if I keep getting on the scales I can stop the worst of the gains happening again. We all fall into one or the other camp, it's just a matter of recognising it and being prepared to jump all over any gains.

The only other suggestion I have is to pick a Wednesday or Thursday for WI. This allows for some wiggle room over weekends if you have family visits or kids and a busy lifestyle. Weekends are when most people face more temptation, and weighing just before the weekend allows you time to get excess sodium bloat dealt with, and to recover from any whoopsies on a Saturday night.

Quote:
Awesome job, and I'm thrilled that the willpower and resistance is coming on so well. Keep it up and you'll be at goal weight before you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post

You can do it, magpie! Just remember that your goal is more important than a food that you have control over how it's cooked and what its ingredients are! Stay strong.

Last edited by Briael; 03-03-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 210/153/145

Height: 5'5"

Pizza used to be my downfall too...but since starting IP- I do not crave it at all...I crave roasted veggies---- this AMAZES me!
Closed Thread