Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 07:29 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat Thurs-Sun, 2/26 - 3/1

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-26-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #2  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tips

These are from the past couple of days:

Tuesday Reality Check:
If you think, “It’s okay to give in just this one time,” remind yourself that EVERY TIME matters. Losing weight is not one big thing that you do, and as long as you’re doing it, it doesn’t matter about all the rest. No, losing weight is a combination of all the small decisions you make in a day. So this time, and every time, matters.

Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: I might as well just eat this food I’m craving because I’m going to give in eventually anyway.

Response: That’s not true! That’s my old way of thinking. Now I know that cravings always pass, and that if I get distracted, they go away more quickly. I have proven to myself that I can withstand cravings, so it’s no longer a foregone conclusion that I’ll give in. I need to think about all the other cravings I’ve overcome and how good that felt. I can do it now, too!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:45 AM   #3  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Lisa! Yesterday was hard as far as cravings go. It was the first day that not only was I hungrier than usual, I also fought a craving for popcorn almost all day! More water, keeping busy, watched an awful movie and even napped, trying to get my mind off of it! It was tough but I knew that if I gave in that one time, it would be easier to give in the next time, and so on. I was not going to start down that slippery slope! Today is a new day and whatever cravings may come will be fought! I am stronger than my cravings. I have to be.

Last edited by frawniemae; 02-26-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:53 AM   #4  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

I used to give into cravings when I got them because I definitely had the mentality that they wouldn't go away, then I'd eat around them, and give into them anyway, so I may as well just eat it! I'm much more prepared to deal with cravings in the future because you are so right, they do pass! That's what IP and all of the people on 3FC are teaching me.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #5  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Happy Thursday everyone!

The last few days I've been really motivated to stick to the plan. I've been wanting to eat - not hungry per se, just missing stuffing my face all the time. But today and yesterday especially I've been feeling like - if I DON'T stuff my face right now, I'll be rewarded tomorrow on the scale.

And an NSV - instead of giving into that "munchie" vibe, I've been taking the dog out for a walk. Today is (I think) close to 2 straight weeks that I've taken him to the park for about an hour each time. He is a very active dog and VERY annoying if I don't take him, so he's basically impossible to ignore - a relentless personal trainer

The park has a few monster hills and stairs that I hike up. On carbs I am able to hike the whole way up, but on IP I noticed that I get winded quickly and have to stop for a moment to let my pulse catch up. That's okay though, they are the same hills as before and the energy is coming from my rolls instead of my blood sugar! As long as I can slowly make it to the top I'll count it as a victory
Old 02-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Lisa Thank you for posting about cravings! They are something that has plagued me in the past, and I certainly still have them. However, with IP and 3FC, I'm learning that, like you said, they too shall pass. I have to do something to take my mind off of them. I have found that when I get a craving, telling myself that I absolutely will not be eating that sometimes is enough to make my mind realize it isn't going to happen, and it helps me focus on something else.

frawniemae I hear to on popcorn. I LOVE popcorn. I would eat it almost every night as my snack, with a little olive oil and salt--delicious! I do miss it, but I keep in mind that P1 isn't forever, and popcorn can be an occasional treat later on

Kim I agree, I feel so much more prepared to deal with cravings now than I ever have in the past.

Today is a good day here, a little cold though. We have been having a very mild winter for Montana, and I was getting used to the warm-ish weather. This cold spell is throwing me for a loop and I don't love it. Plus, my tulips were already starting to come up! Even they thought it was spring! My mom is driving across the state today to visit. She is doing IP as well, she was actually the one who got me started. I'm really excited to try new recipes with her, as she has some great ideas as well!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Lucky Great NSV! Way to beat the munchies!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #8  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
It was tough but I knew that if I gave in that one time, it would be easier to give in the next time, and so on. I was not going to start down that slippery slope! Today is a new day and whatever cravings may come will be fought! I am stronger than my cravings. I have to be.
Congrats on beating the craving!

I agree... for me, the most slippery part of that slope is if I cheat and still lose on my next WI. Then I think "well that turned out ok, maybe I'm just overthinking things...." and I cheat a little more, and a little more, and then a few weeks later I just bail altogether. The best way to avoid the slippery slope is to not even go there!!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

We have a wedding come up in July...that is obviously a goal date for me I am the mother of the groom MOG and just today the mother of the bride MOB hopped on the IP train too! It will be fun to travel together!

Good advice on the cravings and can be applied to every extra bite as well. The little taste tests that go on for me when cooking for my family can quickly add up. Sometimes they ask me if I tasted the meal before serving it. When I say a resounding NO..they say they can tell! my response is " why is my waist getting skinnier?" and than to add some salt ! Or someone else can take over the cooking...no volunteers there!

Last edited by Type1lady; 02-26-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #10  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Same here on the cravings - I know if I give in just one time, that will be it for me. Everything I crave will be here next year and the year after and so on
Old 02-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/159 RESTART: 170/167/130

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. This is my 4th day back on IP. This time I’m doing an alternative method but pretty much identical to the IP plan. I’m just using cheaper products and using things I’ve learned from my first time around that didn’t affect my ketosis state. Some of the things that get me through cravings and help me to stay on point are my Starbucks/Pure Protein vanilla shake drinks and a half of Lavash bread. Lavash bread is a type of flat bread that is made of flax, oat, soy and wheat. It only holds 4g of carbs and 0g of sugars. I use it to make wraps, pizza, and other things. I have found it does not affect my ketosis, even in the first phase. I’m not sure if this works for everyone but it is working for me. I do not consume a restricted item on days I have my Lavash bread. It’s a replacement for me.

I am still using the IP supplements. On the fence about what supplements to use when I run out of the IP brand. Any suggestions would be great. I have also added a new supplement, Chromium Picolinate. Anyone ever heard or used this?

One problem I am having is cooking for my 3 year old while being on this diet. When I get off of work, I am cooking two different meals. Cooking dinner for her is a real challenge being I can’t have any of it! How are you guys handling cooking for your family and having to prepare two different meals? Any suggestions that could make my life easier? Also, eating out is an issue. Down here in the South it’s what we do. Our social life revolves around food! Any suggestions on what to order when eating out? I usually bring my own dressing and order a salad and a meat portion. I will even make chips out of my Lavash bread and bring it with me to have with salsa! Talk about a life saver! (Those of you having a hard time beating cravings and getting to a point of cheating, try this bread. Make a wrap with your veggies and a few slices of lean ham or put salsa and turkey pepperoni on it and bake it like a pizza. AMAZING. Its better than having a full out cheat and probably wont affect your ketosis. I keep talking about this stuff but I swear, it made this diet tolerable and satisfying. It was recommended by an IP coach. Maybe ask your coach before your try it if you choose to.)

Thank you all for posting your experiences, advice, recipes and goals within this forum. It is a huge help and motivator!

Last edited by TessaLynn; 02-26-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

I had cravings last night and gave in and ate two pickles before pulling out my Automated Response Card from The Beck Diet Solution. I have it saved on my phone which makes it very convenient.

Saw some movement on my home scale this week (finally!). Trying to keep up with getting all of my water in. I swear it makes all the difference for me.

Been so cold, I keep saying I am going to start walking in the evening once the weather warms up. Just an excuse, Iknow. I need to get off my tush and start moving! I have enjoyed losing weight without excersizing. One of my next focuses will be making excersize a priority.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessaLynn View Post

One problem I am having is cooking for my 3 year old while being on this diet. When I get off of work, I am cooking two different meals. Cooking dinner for her is a real challenge being I can’t have any of it! How are you guys handling cooking for your family and having to prepare two different meals? Any suggestions that could make my life easier? Also, eating out is an issue. Down here in the South it’s what we do. Our social life revolves around food! Any suggestions on what to order when eating out?
I have a 6 year old, so some of the same challenges, although he's getting better about eating what we eat. Usually he will eat the same dinner protein, sometimes the same veggie, or I'll fix him a different one. (something easy like cucumbers or carrots with ranch) Sometimes I'll fix a little brown rice for him and hubby, or they like to do panini sandwiches and I eat something else. And some nights he won't eat what we're having so I'll fix him another meal - KidFresh is a brand of kids' frozen meals that are pretty healthy.

I love Tex-Mex so I feel your pain! Usually I'll get a salad with grilled fajita meat. One place we like does like a fajita plate, which I split with my son - I eat the meat and grilled peppers, he eats the rice, beans and tortillas.

Honestly we've stopped eating out so much, which is helping us be healthier and saving us $$.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Hello IPeeps,

Congrats on all the scale movements and NSV With 6.5lbs to go and wanting to start P2 on the 12 of March I need a couple of good losses,. Here's hoping, but I'm ok if I don't make it, I know I will eventually.

I must say I have been very lucky while on this diet and have had no huge cravings for anything, more just passing thoughts of how it will be nice to have this again (in moderation of course) when I'm done.

My Mom started up again this week, she didn't even make it a couple of days when she tried it in late November, so fingers crossed that she can stick with it this time, and that it helps with all of her health issues.

Thankfully we don't have any snow in the forecast for the near future, we are still waiting on a replacement motor for our snow blower and there is so much snow you have to shovel it all twice just to get it out of the way!

I hope everyone is having an OP day and GL fighting the cravings

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 02-26-2015 at 12:48 PM. Reason: bad grammar I happened to catch, I'm sure there is more :)
Old 02-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #15  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Not craving anything this morning. Just "hungry". Bummer. Going to sneak out of the office for a few minutes to meet a friend for a quick coffee. Maybe the good company will help!
Closed Thread