Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #16  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
I had cravings last night and gave in and ate two pickles before pulling out my Automated Response Card from The Beck Diet Solution. I have it saved on my phone which makes it very convenient.
I have my card posted right in front on where I eat. It sure does help!
Saw some movement on my home scale this week (finally!). Trying to keep up with getting all of my water in. I swear it makes all the difference for me.
Have you checked out the "water your body" app? I find it very helpful!
Been so cold, I keep saying I am going to start walking in the evening once the weather warms up. Just an excuse, Iknow. I need to get off my tush and start moving! I have enjoyed losing weight without excersizing. One of my next focuses will be making excersize a priority.You took the words right out of my mouth! There's always an excuse, isn't there?
BTW I'm eating Rainbow's chayote hashbrowns and they are so good!!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 02:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

My coach fell on the ice and had to cancel WI #1. I mean, we'll get to it sometime, maybe tomorrow after 5 or maybe Monday, so maybe "postpone" is a better word. Mostly I'm sad for her, because falling on ice is painful. But I admit, I'm also a little impatient to know what the scale is going to say. I own a really nice scale, but I'm in the middle of a cross-country move, and it's on the wrong side of the country. So, my weight is a mystery to me.

My pants are less of a mystery, and I'm pleased that there's at least a little progress, there. I'm not down a size, or anything, but some pants that were too tight are less tight now.

Question for those of you with more medical knowledge, or just more experience OP: I went out and shoveled (really, swept) snow before eating anything this morning, and then I felt terrible. It was a lot like a blood sugar crash, but ... is that actually a thing, when one's in ketosis? Luckily, I had some IP zucchini muffins that I'd baked yesterday, so just in case blood sugar was an issue, I had those for breakfast, along with some (stevia-sweetened, no carb) vitamin water (my thinking: the oatmeal is unrestricted, but it's still on the carbier side of unrestricted, plus the zucchini has some carbs, too). It didn't take too long to start feeling human again after that.

Anyway, lesson learned. Eat, then exercise.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #18  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
BTW I'm eating Rainbow's chayote hashbrowns and they are so good!!!!
aren't they delicious!!

i made a new soup today!! oooh my it is fantastic!!

its AVGOLEMONO SOUP... a greek lemon egg soup! traditionally made with rice!

check out the rainbow thread for the recipe!!

Old 02-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 267/228/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello All,

I have been on IP for 8 weeks now and am excited to be on this journey. The only thing I am having trouble with is getting all the vegetables in! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the "It works" greens while on this diet. I used to take them but stopped when I started IP.

I know the best answer is to not take them and get the actual 4 cups of vegetable is somehow. Im not asking if I could totally supplement with the greens but if maybe it would help a little?
Old 02-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #20  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Andi4630 I would imagine the supplements just give you the vitamins...but you need the fiber and everything else in the actual veggies themselves. Sometimes it's not so easy to get them in but I'm sure you can figure out a way! Personally I love to take frozen rhubarb and WF pancake syrup and heat it on the stove until it's the consistency of rhubarb pie filling. It's AMAZING, feels like a treat, and very easy to get your veggies in that way! Get creative and I'm sure you'll find you have no problem getting your 4c veggies in!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #21  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi4630 View Post
Hello All,

I have been on IP for 8 weeks now and am excited to be on this journey. The only thing I am having trouble with is getting all the vegetables in! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the "It works" greens while on this diet. I used to take them but stopped when I started IP.

I know the best answer is to not take them and get the actual 4 cups of vegetable is somehow. Im not asking if I could totally supplement with the greens but if maybe it would help a little?
Not knowing what your typical day looks like, I'll just make some suggestions. You can dehydrate many of the veggies and 2 cups shrinks way down plus you get the "chip" sensation while eating them. They keep well, too. I love zucchini and yellow squash chips! Kale is fantastic when made into chips, as well. Either in the oven or in the dehydrator works (same with the squash but they burn easily). Many mornings I'll blend my IP RTD Mango Yogurt drink with 2 cups of spinach. Many use a chocolate RTD or even vanilla! Dill pickles are great for that salty sour taste I miss from salt and vinegar chips (just get low sodium and don't eat the day before your WI - water retention!). Make veggie soup! Weigh your veggies before cooking so you know how many portions to divide it into afterwards. You can puree the soup once cooked to add to your IP soup mixes or even as "gravy " over your protein. or cauli rice. Hope you find some ideas that work for you here!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #22  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
aren't they delicious!! YES!!!! Loved it!

i made a new soup today!! oooh my it is fantastic!!

its AVGOLEMONO SOUP... a greek lemon egg soup! traditionally made with rice!
That does look good. Thanks for another winner!
BTW I was wondering if you ever use xantham gum as a thickener. My coach said I could use that on occasion. I haven't used it often enough to know exactly how much, how hot, etc. And about that boudin: you don't have to use liver! Ground pork, turkey, even shrimp gets put in it around here! I'm still looking for a recipe to try!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #23  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
That does look good. Thanks for another winner!
BTW I was wondering if you ever use xantham gum as a thickener. My coach said I could use that on occasion. I haven't used it often enough to know exactly how much, how hot, etc. And about that boudin: you don't have to use liver! Ground pork, turkey, even shrimp gets put in it around here! I'm still looking for a recipe to try!
i have some xantham gum but have never tried it!!
does it work just like cornstarch?? just add it to a cold liquid?
Old 02-26-2015, 05:44 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Hi magpie, You have a great attitude about waiting for your first weigh-in! The loose pants feeling is better than any scale number imho

It's absolutely possible to experience low blood sugar in ketosis. You've figured out the solution already. Your body is still adapting to ketosis, so you may have more exercise tolerance after ~1 month. Even then, it is possible to experience a crash if your activity bumps up or if a meal is delayed.
Thanks, Mars! I'll keep the exercise to a minimum, mostly. I'm doing a Leslie Sansone 500 step mini-video every day or two (though I think I'll just stick with the shoveling for today). As my body adjusts, and with input from my coach, I'll increase that over time.

A whole month? Man, bodies are weird.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:45 PM   #25  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
My coach fell on the ice and had to cancel WI #1. I mean, we'll get to it sometime, maybe tomorrow after 5 or maybe Monday, so maybe "postpone" is a better word. Mostly I'm sad for her, because falling on ice is painful. But I admit, I'm also a little impatient to know what the scale is going to say. I own a really nice scale, but I'm in the middle of a cross-country move, and it's on the wrong side of the country. So, my weight is a mystery to me.

My pants are less of a mystery, and I'm pleased that there's at least a little progress, there. I'm not down a size, or anything, but some pants that were too tight are less tight now.

Question for those of you with more medical knowledge, or just more experience OP: I went out and shoveled (really, swept) snow before eating anything this morning, and then I felt terrible. It was a lot like a blood sugar crash, but ... is that actually a thing, when one's in ketosis? Luckily, I had some IP zucchini muffins that I'd baked yesterday, so just in case blood sugar was an issue, I had those for breakfast, along with some (stevia-sweetened, no carb) vitamin water (my thinking: the oatmeal is unrestricted, but it's still on the carbier side of unrestricted, plus the zucchini has some carbs, too). It didn't take too long to start feeling human again after that.

Hi magpie, You have a great attitude about waiting for your first weigh-in! The loose pants feeling is better than any scale number imho

It's absolutely possible to experience low blood sugar in ketosis. You've figured out the solution already. Your body is still adapting to ketosis, so you may have more exercise tolerance after ~1 month. Even then, it is possible to experience a crash if your activity bumps up or if a meal is delayed.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #26  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post

Depending on how much exercise you do (in other words, the level of energy you put in) you may also need to have a packet afterwards. General rule of thumb is anything more strenuous than a fairly brisk walk requires pre- AND post-fueling. Snow shovelling is pretty intense work, so if you're between meals split an extra packet between before and after and you should avoid those low blood sugar episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi4630 View Post
Hello All,

Most of the natural nutrients in produce are killed in the process that makes supplemented veggie alternatives "safe" for consumption. Then they add in the artificial ingredients which offer minimal returns.

Frawniemae's covered all the excellent veggie options, but you should take a look at some of Rainbowsmiles' recipes using chayote squash (kind of like an apple texture with an apple/pear taste) and rhubarb. As we can't have fruit, these make excellent substitutes and you can combine them with so many packets - the rhubarb goes great in the jello packs or with the oatmeal packets and the chayote makes an incredible dessert on its own or paired with a vanilla pudding packet. Stop thinking savoury and start thinking YUMMY pudding time! Or, better still, one cup of veggies with the meal and one in the dessert.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #27  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Not craving anything this morning. Just "hungry". Bummer. Going to sneak out of the office for a few minutes to meet a friend for a quick coffee. Maybe the good company will help!
That's me too -- no craving for anything in particular - just hungry for something more to eat.

If I cannot distract myself long enough to get past the hunger, I am learning to just get out my salad bowl and slice up some romaine - unlimited green salad takes some time to chew up and finish.... it's my best plan b, if I have to eat something.

I have to share the latest thing I found to do with cauliflower - this morning Joy Bauer made a grilled cheese sandwich with bread she made from cauli rice. I know we don't do cheese on P1, but this looks like a great option for maintenance. Click that link for the recipe.

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-26-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:59 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ipeepe. just checking in today - been away for a few days. Wanted to report that I lost 1.8 lbs on Monday's WI. That makes it 19 pounds in 5 weeks.
I was excited to see the mention of cravings - we have had major snow for MS and me and the family have been at home. I really wanted to eat more yesterday than I have since I have been on this diet. I finally realized it was boredom. I learned that I usually turned to food when I was bored in the past. I have been extremely busy with work since I began this diet. Yesterday was the first day I did absolutely nothing and wanted to turn to food for something to do. Happy to report that I did not go off plan although I did eat an extra non restricted item. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me on Monday's weigh in. Congrats to everyone with losses and NSV's this week.
Rainbow that soup looks wonderful. I am going to check it out.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone ...

Don't think I have posted here in a while. Had a 0 on the scale this week, but lost inches so I'm good with that. Need to tighten the belt if I want to hit my next goal of Onederland by my birthday. Only 4 weeks to go and I am in Vegas for 4 days prior to the birthday wi....ugh.

Found the chayote at whole foods this week so I need to take time and make them this weekend....

Hope everyone is well.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:46 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Morning IPeeps!

You can do it Sgrealtor1!!

TGIF!!! It's the weekend before my Bday and we are having friends over for games and drinks. I'm looking forward to it, even though I know one friend is going to pester me to drink Actually she always does, I'm not really a drinker, and partake at a party only once in a blue moon. So I haven't missed it.
The party is pretty casual, so I just picked up chips for the guests to eat, and I'm pretty please with myself. When I bought them I picked my favourite kinds, and I know I will not even be tempted to eat them

I too found the chayote in my local supermarket, which is amazing because I've never heard of them until this week due to this forum, and the lady at the store said no one really knew what they were. But we have had an influx of workers come from all over to work on the dam they are building outside of town, so they have been requesting different things that has never been carried here, so that is pretty cool. I know we have them bring in Winkler farmer sausage because they didn't carry any farmer sausage at all and Winkler is my favourite kind, with perogies or course. I'm looking forward to that as an occasional treat

I hope everyone has a great and OP Friday and weekend!
Closed Thread