Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #16  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for asking about my class--it was to be at a community center. I am a residential architect and do a lot of addition/ remodel design as well as new construction. I do a lot of education as part of my work, mainly one on one. This class would go over much of what I talk about in an initial meeting with a client--the pragmatics of deciding on the scope of a project, as well as the touchy-feely side--values, goals, how the home should "feel" when it is complete. I will offer it again in the fall. If anyone is ever interested in delving into it, I often recommend reading "House as a Mirror of Self".

Jenny, glad you had a good run. I don't think I could run in the weather you are experiencing.

Catlady, sorry to hear about all the ice, but glad to hear your knee will mend with therapy.

Slip, sounds like you have a plan for compensating for the fun days.

Hawaii, it sounds like you have a plan to take care of fun days too.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did some pruning and some socializing and some relaxing, so it was a balanced weekend.

Have a great Monday!

Pish, 30 day shred is a great video!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #17  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Morning all. Sounds like exercise is the theme for a lot of folks and I hear you about the weather! We've been struggling with ice - you hit hard when you fall!!

Eating mindfully, treats now and then but devoted to stopping the binge/P1 ---maintenance, maintenance, maintenance, maintenance…binge/P1 cycle. Did well over the weekend, stayed within calories both days but had sushi last nite and a cocktail and I'm up 2.5 lbs this am. I know at least 1/2 of that is water but P1 today and will move to maintenance tomorrow even if I haven't lost the whole 2.5.

It's a journey alright!! Have a great day.

Ellen
Old 03-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

1 hour delay for our professional dev. day this morning after 6 inches of snow. Made me very grateful for my hired snow removal! More messy weather on tap for tomorrow, seem as though it will never end. Ugh!

Murrcat- your class sounds really interesting. As for my plan for keeping the fun day results in check- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, lol. It amazes me that 5 days of really clean eating can be wiped out by one fun meal. What is crazy- I used to eat that type of fun meal every day!

Pishposh- great plan for your exercise program.

Jenny, love your optimism about spring . Went to my clinic today to pick up some crisps. Can not seem to shed these extra couple of pounds.

Ellen, I feel the same way about the cycle. Seems so weird, because the first 6 months were much easier in maintenance. I barely saw a blip on the scale.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi Everyone!

Well, I have been through a lot the past month or so....if interested, here is my previous thread I posted:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ease-help.html

Long story short, after about 2 years of not knowing what was going on with me, I finally got a diagnosis last Thursday that I am Epileptic. I started medicine that night and will be easing into my intended dose. I figured this out through being on Ideal Protein P1 last year from May-November. I realized I had none of my (scary) spells when I started having them again while phasing off and adding more carbs into my diet. Along with the medicine, my Neurologist suggested I follow a low carb ketogenic diet. I am in the process of figuring out how that will look for me. I am a little bit overwhelmed right now and so am reaching out to anyone that is willing to listen/give me advice. Where should I start as a target of Net Carbs to stay under each day?

ecdcslim - I am with you on struggling with trying to stop the binge/P1/maintenance theme!

murrcat - your work sounds interesting!

Jenny - I am so looking forward to our end of winter - we have some more snow/wintry mix predicted for later this week and I am in Louisiana!

Hawaii - good for you for getting in that run!

pishposh - I think I will probably build my low carb eating style on P3 with some added fats. the 30 day shred is no joke! Good for you!

catlady - we got all the nasty weather yall got last week! Our forecast is calling for more later this week!

slip - a spa weekend sounds wonderful!!!

Last edited by SallyE; 03-02-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:15 PM   #20  

SallyE- I can imagine that you must feel overwhelmed, but I am glad that you have figured out the cause of your spells. Have you considered meeting with a nutritionist? I know that a couple of maintainers have found this helpful. You might find it helpful, especially with your new diagnosis.

I am looking forward to the Spa weekend. We are going to the Ocean House in Watch Hill, RI. The weekend is filled with Spa treatments(massage for me), a 4 course pre fix /farm to table dinner on Sat. Her daughter and my mom will join us for dinner on Sat. night. Yoga and brunch on Sunday. So looking forward to celebrating my BFF/SIL's 50th!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Thank you , darthkitten & Jenny, glad to be of help, lol. Sounds like a very interesting class, murrcat! I always have lots of plans for upgrades and renos and heaven knows our place could use it, but I just hate the thought of tearing stuff out and getting started.
SallyE - I have been following your info on the other thread. Glad you found out what's up. Perhaps your Neurologist has a nutritionist/dietician in mind who has experience with ketogenic diets for neurological issues.
Slip - spa weekend wounds wonderful, lol, your BFF/SIL is gonna be an old lady (along with others of us, hahaha).
Posh - good going with the Shred!

Hugs & greetings if I haven't mentioned you by name... I do read everything,

Liana
Old 03-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #22  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

My coach liked my P3 plan this morning and was supportive. I also made it through day 3 of the shred last night and surprisingly feel less sore than I did yesterday. It's a lot more enjoyable too when I listen to my own music. I was doing my own little dance moves during the jump rope portions.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #23  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Work and life are still very overwhelming. Staying pretty much on plan - but boy my fun day is super fun. I will need to reign back some control there. So far the weight is on track, and I am grateful for that.

Hugs and vibes to all.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday Maintainers!

The weather here is so gloomy it's starting to affect my mood. We haven't seen the sun in over a week. It's depressing. And...we are supposed to get more snow/sleet/ice on Wed/Thur. This is really putting me behind at work because I'm in accounting and the end of the month is crunch time for me and I can't get caught up from being out so much. Between the Dr. visits, PT, weather closures, I'm getting stressed. I'm not eating extra but I just feel tense. We lost an employee to a weather related accident on Friday when we got 4-6" of snow. He lost control of his vehicle, crossed lanes of traffic and got hit head on by a semi truck. He was only 20. It's so sad. He is the son of one of the Project Managers and the mood in the office has been somber. Then this morning I discovered Ransomware on one of our servers. So I'm dealing with that today and not having any access to my accounting program. So now even more behind. Pretty sure there are some late nights in store for me to get caught up. So, SUPER STRESSED!!! I did go to Book Club last night and that was fun, but the meal I ate out was super salty so I'm up over 2 lbs this morning. Ugh! Rant over.

ecd: I envy your ability to exercise. My options are becoming more limited by the day. I went to my Ortho yesterday and he told me I could ride a bike, but I should stay away from hiking. WHAT??? I can do it if I know the hike will not include any up and down elevation changes. Or it if does, know that it will make the PES tendinitis flare up. This makes me sad as I was really enjoying hiking. No Zumba, jumping, running, bouncing, etc. Even walking on hard surfaces can cause a flare up so the treadmill or walking track is out. But he did ok a bike so I guess I'll be concentrating on that and maybe some yoga or pilates. If any of you know of super low impact/cardio/strength training exercises let me know.

slip: You mentioned your first 6 months of maintenance was smooth sailing and then things changed. Did your eating change or did you just notice that what you had eaten in the first 6 months was now causing gains that you didn't previously see. This concerns me as I am starting my 3rd month in Maint. and so far it's been pretty easy with no big gains. I go between 136 and 140 and it's usually sodium that does it. Any insights you can give would be helpful. I'm excited for your spa weekend. It sounds wonderful.

Sallye: Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but at least now you know what is wrong and can take steps to address it. Sorry about the weather thing, it's kind of out of my control.

posh: Yay for day 3 of shred. Glad you found something to do for exercise that you enjoy.

Rayze: Hang in there!

Hello to all the other Maintainers. Have a great day!

Last edited by catlady1981; 03-03-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #25  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!!!!

It's so good to see a new thread up and running....means everyone is leaning on each other!

SallyE....What an amazing journey to read about how you came to learn about your epilepsy from realizing that that P1 was alleviating your symptoms. I hope that the combo of meds and a keto diet will help you maintain your health!

I am in CRAZY mode here....channeled all the extra time I had off for my daughter's surgery (which got cancelled) and am having the house painted, packing up the basement, and preparing for a home loan, and preparing my taxes. Eeeek! Yesterday, I was in MOVE mode clearing out our upstairs main living area (kitchen, entryway, halls, living room) for the painters. I logged in my 10,000 steps!

My weight is staying stable, despite not ALWAYS stellar a choices....but I am SUPER strict with my calories, and I think that has been important to not gaining. One thing that I have noticed since upping my carb ratio is this: since going from 150 gross carbs a day to 170 (around 150 net), I have found that my weight doesn't tend to swing quite as wildly. I have been holding a tight two pound range....I think it has to do with that glycogen "fluff" (ie: water) that we discuss. I haven't been doing strict P1 days after a free day (but not doing crazy free days either), so I don't think I'm putting my body through the constant water - purge process. I was interested to see how my body responded not doing P1 days as I was concerned about the 'binge/restrict' cycle I could see me getting into. Now that my carbs are higher in general, I just don't see that big bounce up after a fun day and then bounce back down.

What does this mean? Well, please don't think I am advocating going off P4 protocol. I find that I am just trying to find my boundaries here with the idea that forever-eating needs to be a workable WOE for me. I think I've found my sweet spot with my calories and macros that meets my needs, makes me feel good, and sustains my weight - for now! I know it is ever-changing though!

Great NSV though....went sledding again with my kiddos this weekend and had a blast being active and not being restricted by my weight like I did last year. I'm coming close to my one year anniversary from when I started IP (April of last year) AND I have hit the 6 month mark in maintenance.....yippee!!!!

Big hellow and hugs to everyone here...wishing spring on everyone asap!!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #26  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! Trying to catch up on everything I missed. I did make the granola this weekend and it came out YUMMY! But I made some changes - instead of the vanilla protein powder I used the Quest PB powder (I'm allergic to vanilla), and instead of the sunflower seeds I used pumpkin seeds. I also omitted the stevia, but I wish I omitted the erythritol because that's giving me headaches. Next time I make it, no sweeteners of any kind and I'm going to process the nuts less - my almonds came out closer to almond meal. I ended up with 12 servings, and here's how it broke down:

Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein/Fiber/Sugar
PB Protein Granola , 1 serving(s)
332 13 30 11 7 2

PishPosh - I love the 30 day shred! That's how I lost 30 lbs for our wedding. I also muted Jillian and listened to music. I just bought her No More Trouble Zones which is an hour workout - haven't tried it yet, but I think I will Friday (I need to go out and get a new mat first). I can't say enough good things about Jillian Michaels - her programs really work if you stick to them.

SallyE - What a great relief to finally have a diagnosis. My brother is struggling with a mystery illness right now, and with all my allergies being solved recently I can attest to the fact that NOT knowing is the worst. At least with a diagnosis you can plan.

catlady - I'm so sorry for your company's loss. That's absolutely tragic. We've been saying here at the office that some stars must be crossed or planets misaligned because lately, everything that can go wrong IS going wrong. I'm also finding myself very depressed due to the weather lately. Sitting here watching the sky darken as I type...

SlipFree - Totally jealous of your spa trip - have fun!

ecdslim - I'm with you, I also got myself into a P1/binge cycle for a bit! Which leads me to...

eve - I'm right there with you, momma! My P1 days aren't "on-plan" P1 days in that I eat almost entirely whole foods (no IP foods except maybe a bag of Quest chips if I need them), but I do them as super low carb. So I may eat 1200+ calories, but I only net between 20-40 carbs for the day. I feel like this helps prevent me from going back into that P1/binge cycle again.

Hello to everyone else I've missed - have a great week if you can!

Last edited by darthkitten; 03-03-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:33 PM   #27  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

catlady1981 - rowing, bicycling both get my heart rate up without stressing my knees. I also find that I keep my heart rate up on my weight lifting days if I mix in crunches, ab-cycles and leg lifts. When I do insanity, I don't "jump" like everybody else, I squat and then lift my hands over my head in rapid repetition which also keeps my heart rate up. It makes a huge difference in my mood to take this class twice a week.

SallyE I am so sorry you seem to be challenge on a lot of different levels. This is life as we know it, you've been strong and I know you will continue to be so, hang in there.

I'm struggling with the siren's song of candy today - caramel creams, laffy taffy - it's my "crack" and boy does it spike my craving. I've got Insanity tonight so am trying to stay away from all of the temptations until I can exercise as that seems to kill my appetite - at least for a couple of hours!
Old 03-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi Maintainers!

Lots of interesting things to read as always!

Sallye: My niece has lived her whole life with epilepsy, she's 20yrs. She's living a very full life. She takes meds, and vitamins, gets her rest and looks after herself. She's doing well. I would suggest educating yourself like you are doing with what diet will work for you and what else may work for your exact condition. It is overwhelming but take a day at a time.

Murrcat; I'm glad that you had a balanced weekend. I need to work on my eating on the weekends so its more balanced. I keep trying.

Eve; I agree about counting calories. I basically do this while trying to stay away from the bad carbs. I also try and drink my water, take my vitamins, eat my vegies and fruits and pick healthy protein. I work at eating this way the majority of the time.

Its TOM so as usual am feeling hungry but I am trying to pick healthy choices and get that exercise in. Zumba was fun last night and now I am hoping to get back to my schedule of running and the gym. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Catlady: Can you do any exercise in the pool? That might be work? Sorry to hear you can't hike. Its more fun to exercise when you are doing something you enjoy!
Old 03-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #30  

Andrea,

I am so sorry for the loss of your coworker. How very sad for his family. I will keep all of you in my thoughts.

I think my portions of fats got larger during the holiday season. Also, I had more social occasions during that time too. This resulted in my stable weight being up a couple of pounds. So when I have even one fun meal, I end up above my scream weight. This is causing me stress, so then I eat super clean trying to get to my low range, then one fun meal bumps me back up again. Not enjoying the cycle. My body just seems to be holding on to the weight, which it did not do before. PMS and TOM play a role. I am definitely not as active because I am stuck in a seemingly never ending snow storm and cooped up indoors and I most likely need to eat more/ not less. The conversation about too much restriction has resonated with me.

Last edited by Slipfree; 03-03-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Closed Thread