Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quite a few of us on the maintainers thread lost weight in P2, 3, and even into maintenance. P2 isn't really much different from P1, just a substitute of 1 realfood protein for a packet. Not all that surprising really, and Good for Her!! Tell her to try to stick to the phases and not to jump from one to the other because it's the gradual way to get our bodies ready for higher calories and more food in general. Suddenly packing more food into our tummies will backfire... that is the cause of a lot of the 'rebooters' problem... many of them have said that they never properly phased off.
Hope she has fun in Mexico. There's a lot of good fresh veggies to be had and lots of lovely grilled meats & fish. She will have a good time, I'm sure. I only gained about 1.5 lbs in Mexico but then again I was eating a lot of bean & rice carbs in combo with queso & avocado (not the best idea in P4) & having a bit of a drink or two, lol. I did do a ton of walking around, swimming, and hiking in the back country.

Liana
Old 02-24-2015, 05:55 PM   #47  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Liana!

I just found it odd that her losses increased in P2 compared to P1. I've tried to give her ideas for Mexico to keep her semi on track while she's there so hopefully she doesn't derail her weight loss too much. She's planning on doing a proper phase off this spring, as she's going to go back on P1 after Mexico so we're going to try to time our phase offs together.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Disappointing WI today with no losses and a 2" gain around the middle. My coach suspects my TOM will start in a couple of days...it should be around the end of the week accoording to the calendar. Have had a couple of low sugars to deal with so that meant extra food but other than that I have been OPing all week plus walking a bit more and painting my kitchen and dining area. ( a nice cheery yellow! )Starting week 8 and only 11 ish pounds lost. Must be PMSing...this to shall pass right? Where or where is the land of menopause? 😊
Old 02-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #49  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by winewanderer View Post
In response to Lisa's question regarding “worth it” moments -- mine was similar to Kimo88's. I was so happy to start shopping in stores that carried clothes that weren't all plus-size. What is it with plus-size clothes? They all seem to have beads, sequins or loud prints. The last thing I felt like doing was calling attention to myself. I was beginning to think about starting my own plus-size boutique with nothing other than simple, classic clothes -- lots of black and navy and definitely no sequins. Perhaps I still will. But getting down into smaller sizes meant that for the first time in years I could actually dress the way I wanted to dress -- to present myself to the world in clothes that reflected my own style. That was totally "worth it."
Can I say AMEN?? Amen!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #50  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Have we ever had a thread where we shared pictures of our IP/IP Alternative pantries/cupboards? I organized all of mine (minus veggies and lean proteins, of course) and took a picture after receiving my last order of Nashua. If anything, it makes me feel more motivated having a grocery store of sorts in my kitchen! Look!
I love how organised you are! Makes me jealous as my pantry looks like a bomb hit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
I'm kinda' bummed. I was only down 1.4 last night at my weigh-in, and only 0.25 inch down in my arms, and nothing down anywhere else. I know it's a process and I'm in it for the long haul. I wonder if I did anything wrong?
If you want to post your typical day's food, lots of people will have eyes on it to let you know if you're shorting yourself on something you need. It's possible that you were completely OP but your body is just in an adjustment phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKarryAll View Post
I've been poking around the site for several weeks now. I notice that some people are doing 8oz meat portions and some are doing 6oz. Why?
8 oz is the uncooked portion weight - some people account for the cooked weight because they transfer from a tracker like MFP or SparkPeople and others actually eat the smaller portion because of their weight or because they make up their protein quota elsewhere during the day (if they use eggs in a pancake/crepe with protein powder, or have a hard boiled egg with breakfast, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
Today is day 6 for me, and I am finally starting to feel human again! (Still a little tired, a little hungry, but without the overwhelming malaise I'd been feeling.)
Glad to hear you're pulling out of the keto-flu stage. It makes SUCH a big difference to how you feel on IP.

Last edited by Briael; 02-24-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 140/138/115 (Reboot-Nov. 2015)

Height: 5'-3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrcat View Post
A suggestion for when you feel like you are struggling a bit....

Once a month or so, compare a current photo with your starting photo. Photoshop them into one image and post somewhere as a reminder of how far you've come along on your journey.

I did not do this, but instead just put together starting image and at goal image--it took that to start to realize how much change I made. I think that if I compared before and more photos during the process it might have helped even more to stay motivated.
Yes, I wish I did took more photos to see the difference and when I got to my goal weight. I didn't get any good goal weight photos. I think I was too embarrassed to ask someone to take a picture of me.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:03 AM   #52  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Thanks! I get a lot of inspiration from Rainbow's recipes!
awww thank you frawnie!! the inspiration goes BOTH WAYS!!! i love reading your menus! you inspire everyone every day!! i always love reading your posts! i am so glad you are here!
Old 02-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #53  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
awww thank you frawnie!! the inspiration goes BOTH WAYS!!! i love reading your menus! you inspire everyone every day!! i always love reading your posts! i am so glad you are here!
So sweet of you to say! Thanks!
Old 02-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Morning iPeeps! I had my weigh in last night, and am down another 4.6 lbs and 3.5 inches! It felt great! I'm very glad to be restocked on product, as I could have chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast again. Delicious.

I had to go to to the doctor last night, as I have some sort of rash/blisters on the palm of my hand that showed up out of nowhere and were getting slightly worse. Still don't really know what it is (I went to a walk-in clinic and they can't really do any tests)--but he prescribed my antibiotics and an antiviral, so whatever it is, I should be able to get rid of it! I don't think either of those prescriptions will mess with IP, and I only have to take them for five days. Hopefully it clears up soon, it's on my right hand and is a bother!

Frawniemae and Rainbow--you both inspire me so much! I've already gotten a ton of recipe ideas from you, and your success is extremely motivating. I'm so glad you're both here
Old 02-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #55  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Hello All. I'm guessing my small weight loss is cycle related. I am starting to spot today. My TOM is irregular right now...ending breast feeding four months ago and starting IP 8 weeks ago has messed with everything. I have been so hungry today...way hungrier than usual. I am wondering if this is TOM related too.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #56  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

I'm about halfway thru week 2 of my reboot. My wife is going out of town to FL for several days, so I've been looking at fun meals to make with the kids (4, 3, 11 months). They have milk and soy allergies, so it's nice to only make 1 meal for everyone, such as the cauliflower pizza crust, and a way to sneak in vegetables.

Already after completing the 1st week my work uniform is a bit loose. It's good to see results after only 1 week.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #57  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello Ipeeps. I know I have been missing from daily chat lately, but I am still on plan. I have been at jury duty for three times a week each week now and the lack of a microwave etc, makes meal planning monotonous, but I am making it work. As always I love to read all of your posts. You each keep me inspired and motivated.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle14 View Post
Morning iPeeps! I had my weigh in last night, and am down another 4.6 lbs and 3.5 inches! It felt great!
Congrats!

Quote:
...antibiotics and an antiviral, ... I don't think either of those prescriptions will mess with IP, and I only have to take them for five days.
I always feel better if I eat live culture yogurt while I'm on antibiotics, but I know that's off-plan for us. If you aren't taking some kind of probiotic already, I'd recommend picking one up and taking it for a little while after you're done with the antibiotics. (I'm not a doctor, so obviously it's better to discuss with someone who is. )

I hope you feel better fast!
Old 02-25-2015, 02:47 PM   #59  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Morning iPeeps! I had my weigh in last night, and am down another 4.6 lbs and 3.5 inches! It felt great! I'm very glad to be restocked on product, as I could have chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast again. Delicious.

I had to go to to the doctor last night, as I have some sort of rash/blisters on the palm of my hand that showed up out of nowhere and were getting slightly worse. Still don't really know what it is (I went to a walk-in clinic and they can't really do any tests)--but he prescribed my antibiotics and an antiviral, so whatever it is, I should be able to get rid of it! I don't think either of those prescriptions will mess with IP, and I only have to take them for five days. Hopefully it clears up soon, it's on my right hand and is a bother!

Frawniemae and Rainbow--you both inspire me so much! I've already gotten a ton of recipe ideas from you, and your success is extremely motivating. I'm so glad you're both here
Hope the scrips help. OTC digestive aid Acidophillus should be okay to take on IP. It'll help your tummy stay in good shape while taking antibiotics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
I'm about halfway thru week 2 of my reboot. My wife is going out of town to FL for several days, so I've been looking at fun meals to make with the kids (4, 3, 11 months). They have milk and soy allergies, so it's nice to only make 1 meal for everyone, such as the cauliflower pizza crust, and a way to sneak in vegetables.

Already after completing the 1st week my work uniform is a bit loose. It's good to see results after only 1 week.
BigMac Meatloaf is good and can sneak veggies in there, too. I posted a recipe for it in the first grouping of recipes on first page daily chat. Congrats on the loose fitting uniform!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
Hello Ipeeps. I know I have been missing from daily chat lately, but I am still on plan. I have been at jury duty for three times a week each week now and the lack of a microwave etc, makes meal planning monotonous, but I am making it work. As always I love to read all of your posts. You each keep me inspired and motivated.
Jury duty! Ugggh! I was called but got excused because I sometimes am the only one able to watch my almost 3 yr old grand daughter. good for you in staying OP!

Now, I need some advice, please!
I had my weigh in today and am down another 2.4 pounds. Like most, I was hoping for more but any loss is a gain, in my book! One thing my coach said though is that my lean body mass was going down, which she interpreted to mean that I was not getting enough protein. I weigh my meat before cooking to be sure I'm getting the 8 oz. If it's a little less than 8, I add a little lean deli meat to my lunch salad, boiled chicken to my soup or have a boiled egg to makeup for it. She had no suggestions on what to do about the drop. I've read/heard that some coaches up your packets from 3 to 4 a day when your starting weight is really high like mine was but she has never mentioned that. I remembered I had ordered some Syntax Nectar drink mixes and am thinking of adding one a day to my regular schedule. Or should I add a packet? Or should I not worry about it since everything else seems to be going in the right direction?
Old 02-25-2015, 02:52 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 245/188/175

Height: 5'5

Hi frawniemae- I am on 4 packets, my coach told me that I can drop to 3 when I get under 200lbs. I have been losing fat steadily and my lean mass has gained or loss very little such as last week (0.4lbs). I thought it was standard that over 200 to be on 4 packets....maybe it varies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post

Now, I need some advice, please!
I had my weigh in today and am down another 2.4 pounds. Like most, I was hoping for more but any loss is a gain, in my book! One thing my coach said though is that my lean body mass was going down, which she interpreted to mean that I was not getting enough protein. I weigh my meat before cooking to be sure I'm getting the 8 oz. If it's a little less than 8, I add a little lean deli meat to my lunch salad, boiled chicken to my soup or have a boiled egg to makeup for it. She had no suggestions on what to do about the drop. I've read/heard that some coaches up your packets from 3 to 4 a day when your starting weight is really high like mine was but she has never mentioned that. I remembered I had ordered some Syntax Nectar drink mixes and am thinking of adding one a day to my regular schedule. Or should I add a packet? Or should I not worry about it since everything else seems to be going in the right direction?
Closed Thread