Old 04-24-2015, 03:34 PM   #196  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Thinking of you, Liana, and sending warm thoughts your way. Hang in there.

I just wanted to touch in and say hi. I started my reboot for 22 pounds on January 2. I've been down to my last 4 pounds for about a month now. I'm just in a "hold" pattern. I fit into most of my clothes, but have a few summer things I'd really like to wear comfortably, so I need the additional 3-5 pounds gone. But I do feel much better with myself.

I thought I'd be on P1 for 2 months max, but it's the end of April and I'm still on P1. I enjoy eating this way, although I have an extra bar almost every day, so I know what I'm doing.

But things are ok. Life is very busy. I, too, am dealing with family illness issues and my monthly trips to Florida to care for my sister are in the mix.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hang in there! I'm thankful that we have this program to fall back on.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:11 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

joysh I am down to the last 3 pounds and am getting a little impatient. May is a very busy month for me and I am not wanting to be quite as restricted as P1 makes me, so I started P2 yesterday with plans on phasing to P3 in about a week. I am hoping that like the first time on IP I continued to lose another 5 or 6 pounds before maintaining. I am not planning on getting as low as I did last time because I felt it was hard to maintain at that weight, but I too have a few more summer items I can't fit into quite as well as I did before.

I hope your sister is doing better. She is very lucky to have you.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Lori T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:50 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hi Ladies,

I had a no cheat weekend. I weighed 139.7 this morning. Not too bad.
This is my second time on IP, my first was in January of 2013, I lost 25 lbs going from 143 to 118 by March 9th. This time its been easier, but i remember that the first time I had allot of hair thinning and hair loss. Do you think I will again? I know a girl from my community that does IP on and off allot, to the point where you dont know if you will see a thin or chubby Suzy, and she has beautiful hair. I noticed on her facebook pics that shes thinning really bad at the crown near her part. I really dont want that at all!!! do you all have any tips?
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 242.9/213/163

Height: 5'6 1/2

hello - started last may ended in dec. with an 80 pound weight loss...over the past few months i've let me self "eat normally"and pounds have piled on little by little...a few weeks i did ip p1 and dropped 7 pounds easily...now May1 a year from my start date...I am starting AGAIN...didn't gain it all back by any means but enough...happened without even noticing....Easter, 5 birthdays..ugh. I KNOW what needs to be done.... hopefully will have a successful MAY & JUNE...to get back to my goal where I was in DEC. Has anyone had a harder time rebooting...? Or does the weight come off as easily? Thx
Mae5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:00 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

NSV here today.... although I am still 2 lbs above happy weight (which is technically still in my allowed maintenance range) I tried on all my jeans this morning. The NSV news is they all go on & zip up. Bad news is my Wranglers (a 25 yr ago-size 5 NON-STRETCH) create a nasty looking muffin top and I could never get on a horse in them, lol. I'm not even sure I could go up the stairs in them, hahaha.
Possibly I have been building muscle again (thanks to the aquacize classes) and am slightly meatier under the bit of pudge (at least in the thighs) than I was when I last wore them. I'm going with that .

Thinking of you joysh... hope things are working out with your trips back & forth. I am headed to my MIL to stay with her for a few days once I finish this week's shifts.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #201  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hey ladies,
I had an incredible week last week and was down 5.2 lbs. I was up the week before, so I know some if not most of it was just getting that off, but still! I haven't actually stepped on the scale so I don't know the official number, but my clothes aren't feeling especially loose like I had hoped, so I'm going to stay off the scale for at least another week.

As for tips when you feel like cheating, honestly the best thing to do is just be prepared. This last week I had rutabaga in the house and made rutabaga fries, which to me tastes like a cheat. If you can set an hour aside each week and have all your veggies washed and cut it's so much easier to avoid cheats, at least that's what I find.

If you're not actually hungry, get up and do something, clean out your closet, go for a walk, read a book, plan your IP meals for the week.

I actually went to a naturopath and she recommended a probiotic and B vitamin (sorry, don't know the exact names off the top of my head). My cravings have been out of control lately and I've had a few other symptoms that she thinks may be caused by a hormone inbalance, so recommended I take these supplements.

Luckily I've never experienced thinning hair, so sorry, can't give you any tips on that.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:31 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Hello all.

I seriously don't remember when I did the IP first time around but I think it was 2009. I lost 30 pounds. Over the years I have done couple of weeks of rebooting here and there just to remember things. This time around I faced a few tragedies in my life so as of December things spiraled out of control and am at 142. This means I have to loose min 15 pounds to be happy. Decided to go for weekly weigh ins again and started just yesterday. I can't remember how long it look me to loose the first time around but I do remember I cheated once a week or more with wine. This time I want to stick to it 110% as I lack patience and with summer coming I like to be able to have fun.

So far day 2 done with no cheats. Am giving it 2 months max and then stopping

Thanks

Last edited by pitakitten; 04-29-2015 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Added notes
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hi Pitakitten,
You have a similar story like mine. A tragedy caused me to gain almost all the weight I lost in early 2013. I rebooted 10 days ago and I have lost about 5 lbs. I havent cheated at all but the weight is coming off allot slower this time for me. i wont go over 2 months as well because I feel like I have anger management issues on this diet, really long periods, like 10 days, and I lose allot of hair so my max is 2 months too!!!
Good luck on your journey
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Hi Pitakitten,
You have a similar story like mine. A tragedy caused me to gain almost all the weight I lost in early 2013. I rebooted 10 days ago and I have lost about 5 lbs. I havent cheated at all but the weight is coming off allot slower this time for me. i wont go over 2 months as well because I feel like I have anger management issues on this diet, really long periods, like 10 days, and I lose allot of hair so my max is 2 months too!!!
Good luck on your journey
well at least we can say we didn't gain ALL the weight back! What I don't remember is all the side effects aside from grumpiness. I remember being angry and hating it when I was asked to be social. I would have to say no all the time as I have no self control and then had to explain the reason. Thats why I would constantly cheat with wine/alcohol, I would join in and couldn't resist. Eating was not a cheat for me BUT the social aspect of libations always was.
I now remember the hair loss and gradually ending up with bad skin. I am really hoping that it doesn't take longer than 2 months, but if it does, I will phase out of phase 1 and start adding harder workouts. I do recall that I actually started working out last time when I hit 137, went into phase 2 and then 3 to lose the last bit. My aim was 123 back then, right now being older and all I doubt I can get there and know that 127 would be where I would be happy and can maintain. 123 was the lowest I ever got and think it only lasted couple of weeks so was not easy to maintain.

guess good luck to all of us, we did it once so we can do it again.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

I hit my goal this morning! I have been on P2 for a week and lost the last 2 lbs. My plan is to go to P3 tomorrow and hopefully I can go down another pound or two so I have a little room for up days. I am so exited to be able to expand my food repertoire, but just as nervous to be given the new freedom again. I just have to remember that I maintained for 2 years once before so I know I can do it, but I really need to work on not letting those old habits sneak back in.
Lori T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #206  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Lori - congrats on hitting your goal! That's awesome! I find it's been so much more difficult to lose weight this time around, in some ways it seems like it's coming off slower, but more so it's just me not being able to stick to it long enough to see results.

Finally starting to get into the groove of things and the weight is coming off. I have an event both Friday and Saturday this weekend, so just need to stay focused and get through the weekend.

My goal is 125, but I'll reevaluate as I get closer. I would love to hit 120, but not sure that's realistic. If I can get to 128 and start losing my focus I think it's better for me to phase off and learn to maintain there rather than falling off the deep end and gaining back my looses at that point. Guess we'll see what happens!

Pitakitten and Lexi - looks like we have similar stats and goals, hopefully we're all done and happy within two months! I was actually hoping to be near goal by the end of May, but mid to the end of June is probably more realistic.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:51 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori T View Post
I hit my goal this morning!
Congratulations! Inspirational to those of us who have a way to go!
sweetvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #208  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Can you all share your experiences in regards to 2 things:

1 - Have you noticed any difference in rate of weight loss between now and the first time?
I am particularly interested in those of you who followed IP strictly the first time including using only IP products and have now incorporated alternatives in but continue to follow strict phase 1 protocol.

2 - Are you finding that you are losing in different places this time around or when you get back to goal, are you the same size everywhere as you did when you got to goal the first time?
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #209  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hey folks....remember me? It's been a while, I had a "baby"...oh, about 19 MONTHS AGO...so that excuse for carrying around these extra 20 lb still is wearing thin. I did extended breastfeeding (actually I still am nursing, but that is going down to where I'm not as concerned since her diet is so varied now).

I thought the month of May would be a good time to kick back into the old IP lifestyle. I am planning on going to Phase 3, as I am still exercising and running ~25-30 miles/week (6 mi on Tue&Thur, 12 mi on Sat, 5 mi on Wed occasionally) with 2-4 weight lifting classes/week (light Crossfit & Insanity).

I am wearing size 6-8, but truth be told, the muffin top is there and in danger of overtaking. I find myself falling back into bad snacking habits and always found strength in numbers on this forum, so I won't be "100% Phase 1 IP compliant" I am shooting for a Phase 3 alternative products routine using real foods in lieu of the products.

Anyways, look for me to be more regular on the boards starting tomorrow. I am also going to start logging my foods onto myfitnesspal and reposting on the "What Are You Eating" threads. Accountability!!! I need y'all in my corner!!!!

Last edited by LizRR; 04-30-2015 at 05:23 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi LizRR!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote