Old 03-05-2015, 07:00 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I have been at the beach on vacation for a week. I have managed to stay 100% OP. We went out to eat with friends last night. They all had beer and wine and I had water. Not once did I feel like I was being deprived by not having a glass of wine. This is my 15th day of staying 100% committed to my reboot. In today's society we get caught up in having a good time with friends and food all being related. That is just my opinion. At least in my world all events seem to involve food and drinks. I checked the menu online before going to the restaurant so I knew what was available to me so I did not get side tracked.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #77  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

What did you end up ordering from the menu? Dining out can be difficult and I think I'll face that next week. Maybe Outback...
ratfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:55 AM   #78  

I actually love going to outback on this diet. At outback I order a Victorian steak that is 6 ounces tell them do not put butter on my steak (which most restaurant do) broccoli I tell the steamed no butter or oil and a salad no dressing.
Last night I had a salad no dressing or croutons grilled grouper and steam zucchini no butter. Make sure you always tell them no butter one time I forgot to tell them and my steamed veggies was floating in butter. I asked the waitress if I could get some without the butter and she said no problem so she exchanged them. Left her a good tip
Old 03-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 206/185/155-135

Height: 5ft

Hi Everyone,
I guess I'm a rebooter. After doing 100% I lost 50lbs in 8 months. Then the holidays set in and I was just so warn out with being restricted. I've gained close to 30lbs back. I was so depressed about gaining it back it was hard to get started again. Besides IP restrictions I have health issues that bring on a whole new set of restrictions. I'm lactose intolerant and I have an over active digestion system I guess is what Id call it. So it takes a huge effort from me to stick to the plan.

I am working hard this week at being 100% . If I could just get over these cravings . I mean I just worked out after having my shake and the first thing my mind says is ......a bar would be really good right now. I had to step back and figure out why. I think its emotional.

How do you know if you are in ketosis?
Also how much water is too much water? I drink between 3-5 litters a day
I am doing this without a coach (mine moved)
GlitterSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 140/138/115 (Reboot-Nov. 2015)

Height: 5'-3 1/2"

Finally, the weight has dropped. Was such around 130 to 131 for 2 week. Will see if I am in Ketosis tomorrow.

Last edited by Blondi13; 03-05-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Blondi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:43 AM   #81  
Ratfancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterSlayer View Post
Hi Everyone,
I guess I'm a rebooter. After doing 100% I lost 50lbs in 8 months. Then the holidays set in and I was just so warn out with being restricted. I've gained close to 30lbs back. I was so depressed about gaining it back it was hard to get started again. Besides IP restrictions I have health issues that bring on a whole new set of restrictions. I'm lactose intolerant and I have an over active digestion system I guess is what Id call it. So it takes a huge effort from me to stick to the plan.

I am working hard this week at being 100% . If I could just get over these cravings . I mean I just worked out after having my shake and the first thing my mind says is ......a bar would be really good right now. I had to step back and figure out why. I think its emotional.

How do you know if you are in ketosis?
Also how much water is too much water? I drink between 3-5 litters a day
I am doing this without a coach (mine moved)
Likely your body just didn't feel "right" after your weight loss. If you think back about why you regained, it probably is mostly "environment". It's impossible to isolate one's self from our food culture, but over time we can learn to make better choices. So don't think you failed, you succeeded in keeping off 20 lbs. and that is so monumental. You are a success for that very fact and you will feel healthier in just a few weeks - so worth the effort!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #82  

Good Morning rebooters. I am on 17 days of my reboot staying 100% OP. I am on vacation for the month of March. One thing that keeps me motivated is I have a closet full of cute clothes that do not fit. I refuse to buy a different size. I got rid of all my bigger sizes when I lost the weight the first time. This past winter my clothes were very limited to 2 pairs of jeans. I am not going thru that again. I need to realize that since all social events involve food and wine that I am still going to have just as good of time just being with friends but staying on plan. Good luck everyone.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #83  
Ratfancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I actually love going to outback on this diet. At outback I order a Victorian steak that is 6 ounces tell them do not put butter on my steak (which most restaurant do) broccoli I tell the steamed no butter or oil and a salad no dressing.
Last night I had a salad no dressing or croutons grilled grouper and steam zucchini no butter. Make sure you always tell them no butter one time I forgot to tell them and my steamed veggies was floating in butter. I asked the waitress if I could get some without the butter and she said no problem so she exchanged them. Left her a good tip
What good advice! I also really love Ruby Tuesday (spaghetti squash pasta). Not strictly IP but at least a choice.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #84  

I haven't been here in a long time, came looking for some new recipies and thought this thread was fitting for me!

Hello everyone - I'm Jordanna, on and off again IP'er who follows IP with extra good fats
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 206/185/155-135

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfancy View Post
Likely your body just didn't feel "right" after your weight loss. If you think back about why you regained, it probably is mostly "environment". It's impossible to isolate one's self from our food culture, but over time we can learn to make better choices. So don't think you failed, you succeeded in keeping off 20 lbs. and that is so monumental. You are a success for that very fact and you will feel healthier in just a few weeks - so worth the effort!

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Ive been working on changing my mindset. Plus my hubby just started IP with me yesterday. So I have a buddy. Woohoo.
GlitterSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #86  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Hello all! I have been away since about October, and I had lost about 100 lbs in a little over 9 months on IP. I am considering a reboot, since I have have gained back about 10-15 lbs since stopping due to frustration of a long term stall. I didn't really go into proper maintenance, and now I want to come back and try to lose the last 40-50 lbs I had intended to lose when I started. I can only imagine how much I will struggle with the reboot, but I have stayed away from most gluten and most sugar, so that won't be too difficult. The worst part will be the fats.
I will try to stop in more often, and be more active, and I have to start my research of finding out what I need to be able to start from scratch with all alternatives (Since I am currently doing a year of Service through AmeriCorps VISTA and so I have extremely limited income).
It feels good to know I am not alone, and I hope that I can find the support and information I need, good luck to all of you who are rebooting!
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #87  

Height: 5'2

Deana509 - Welcome back! I remember you from 2013. Be sure to check into the forum often. It really helps - especially without a coach. You did it before, you can do it again. Good luck!
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:42 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Hi, Deana! 100 pounds in 9 months is awesome! I hope I do that well!

Welcome back!

I really like this site for alternative products, and of course there's a BUNCH of info all over these forums, as you know!
the_magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #89  

Day 19 of my reboot without cheating. I have tried rebooting in the past but I guess I wasn't committed. We are at the beach for a month so it would be so easy to blow it off as I have done in the past. We have guest most of the month so I have been cooking things they like. Cooked a huge breakfast yesterday but I never once considered going off plan. I do not know what has clicked this time to keep me motivated but I feel so much better not eating processed foods. I am a carb addict. Once I take that first bite I am eating junk the whole day. For me it seems like it is all or nothing. I need to work on that in maintenance.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations coffeebean! It is tough entertaining when we are so limited in our own diets, but reminding yourself how much better you feel and what your ultimate goal is can really help. After letting myself go for the better part of a year and regaining 50 lbs, I knew it was only getting more out of hand and that I would have that much more to lose once I got my mind back on track, but it took awhile and finally something just "clicked." It has been easy staying OP, in part because I know that this program works so well and even doing alternatives instead of IP packets and without a coach seems to be working for me. I too am a carb addict and guess the only way for me to keep the weight off is to stay away from all those trigger foods that seem to send me spiraling and to find other ways to deal with stress, which also has been an excuse for me for many years.
Lori T is offline   Reply With Quote