Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #31  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

DeterminedDieter, thank you for your encouragement.

I made it to Onederland!!! Yay! I lost 3.4 lbs. It was really needed because I was sick over the weekend and was feeling diet fatigue. I'm back to my happy, peppy self today.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #32  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

Weighed in yesterday and down another 2lbs, but struggled with saturday/sunday cravings due to that TOM and feel that I am slipping and have done so well, trying to maintain a positive mindset and to keep moving forward. I lost several inches and moved down a number in my visceral fat (belly fat) which I was really excited about and my body fat went from 49.3 to 46.5 in 4 weeks.

Last edited by larn37; 02-10-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #33  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

MiWi- way to go!!! What an awesome feeling... Keep up the great work.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #34  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanklan View Post
Hi Everyone,
Just starting back today after months of bad eating and regaining some of the weight I lost last year. I have been trying to just stay low carb, but the cravings have derailed me every time. IP is the only diet that has worked for me and so today I start again. Wish me luck and thanks in advance for all the support and wisdom I get from this forum.
I was hoping you would return Tanklan! So glad to see you posting again!!!

Please come back to our 'July 2014 Starters continue in 2015' group, too. You will find a few of us from June, July and August are hanging in together. We are beginning to think of ourselves as the Summer Starters...
-- sharing our challenges, supporting one another, and determined to head for maintenance together - when we arrive at P4 one by one, we think we will be able to help each other be as successful keeping it off as we have been thru phase 1. We will be so happy to have your good vibes join withour little crew!

You can do this - you had such a good run last year! And taking the step to get back on program is SOOOO hard - I admire your courage and determination. Just a few days in and you will lose the cravings and get back in the rhythm. Welcome back!!!

Larn - please don't fret - You got this!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-10-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #35  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good morning!

I went for a bike ride during the beautiful weather on Saturday. It was MUCH harder than it "should" have been. Yesterday after work I hit the gym for a 20-minute interval ride on a spinning bike. I may build back up to an hour spin class, we'll wait and see. For now, I'll focus on the 20 minutes, coupled with my am Essentrics (strength/stretch) workout.

Ate dinner directly after.
Next time I'll bring a RTD to have prior.
Glad the weather is picking up in STL, and hopefully the exercising means you're having less pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
For the last two years I've ridden my bike to work on nice days, it's only about 4km each way but there are some inclines especially on the way too work, and most of the way is on the bike trail so I don't have to worry about traffic too much. And as much as I enjoy spring were I am I've already been anticipating starting up again and getting out kayaking again I think part of my eagerness is the unusually colder temps and ALL the snow I think it will be May/June before the snow is clear from the trail and the ice is gone from the water!

I've had numerous people comment on my weight loss during pretty much my whole progress and while it's nice to hear from others that it's noticeable, I am not entirely comfortable accepting compliments. But I have no problem telling them about IP being the key to my success.

And sometimes I find myself telling my husband that maybe I shouldn't have lost the weight, because now I'm worried that I will be too obsessive about it. Like I'm not really sure I look good, especially naked, and is it enough. I definitely have some insecurities, but they were preexisting. It's certainly a period of adjustment, at least for me, and mostly I know it will just take a little time. Just writing it out here helps

I hope everyone has a great OP day
Oh gosh, waiting til summer months to be free of snow and ice? I'd go crazy!

This rapid weight loss is a weird journey, that's for sure. Some days I look in the mirror and just gawk at the changes in my body. Other days I look and don't see any real difference at all. I think the mind takes its sweet time to process the speed at which the body changes, and learning to accept that change is never all good or all bad and that there will be elements we need to adjust to without being thrilled is something that's going to take some time to get used to. All we can do is keep focus and get through one day at a time until the brain catches up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post

I made it to Onederland!!! Yay! I lost 3.4 lbs. It was really needed because I was sick over the weekend and was feeling diet fatigue. I'm back to my happy, peppy self today.
Yay, congrats on the 1's ... hopefully it spurs you on to staying on plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larn37 View Post
Weighed in yesterday and down another 2lbs, but struggled with saturday/sunday cravings due to that TOM and feel that I am slipping and have done so well, trying to maintain a positive mindset and to keep moving forward. I lost several inches and moved down a number in my visceral fat (belly fat) which I was really excited about and my body fat went from 49.3 to 46.5 in 4 weeks.
That's an awesome amount of BF% loss, congrats. Do you order some of the sweeter "treat" packets (as I call them) for those TOM cravings? When I first started I liked the chocolate soy puffs to help keep that under control. It made enough difference that I didn't get derailed.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #36  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
DeterminedDieter, thank you for your encouragement.

Seeing that 1 on the scale instead of the 2 is too one-derful!!!!Great reason to have a special reward for yourself.... a massage? Mani pedi? Facial? Something just for you! You earned and deserved it!!!! No food items.... But - Celebrate and enjoy
Old 02-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #37  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
"If you are interested you will do what is convenient, If you are committed you will do whatever it takes!" John Assaraf
I love this quote, Cheryl. It is SO true.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #38  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
I love this quote, Cheryl. It is SO true.
I found it in The Maintainers archive thread... It really resounded for me... John Assaraf has a FB page with lots of motivational content!
Old 02-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by larn37 View Post
I'm curious. How was visceral fat measured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Glad the weather is picking up in STL, and hopefully the exercising means you're having less pain.
It was just an unseasonably warm weekend. We're back in winter coats now.
Thank goodness not all the snow mess other parts of the country are having.

And, yes, a bit less pain. It isn't GONE but the bike ride didn't make it worse so I'm going with it. I'll stick with 20 minute interval rides for a while. At some point, perhaps I'll be able to do a spinning class again. Still mostly focused on the PT exercise. I told my PT I'm "better" but not "all better". He talked about muscle memory and said it would take time for the muscles to get a "new memory". It is kind of like weight loss. It is sometimes hard to stay patient.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-10-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

WI today, lost .2 lbs..........not a lot but still a loss and I'll take it. It was all fat so yay!! I lost another inch overall so a total of 16.5 inches gone. Hopefully I will have my whoosh next week.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Welcome back to all of the restarters!! You did it once, it can happen again!

I lost NINETY FIVE POUNDS and none of the "ahem..." women I work with said a word. I chalked it up to jealousy! I almost used an insult name but I'm better than that.

After I'd lose 50 lbs and hardly anyone had said anything (not just work but everywhere) I had to realize that altho I could see the difference and had gone down clothing sizes, I was still obese. So, although I was no longer morbidly obese, other people still saw an obese person. It literally took until I was in the "overweight" BMI range for people to start mentioning my WL. However, I got LOTS of compliments on the new hairdo (it wasn't new). Our faces change & people aren't sure what they're seeing.

protein 50%
Fat 30%
Carbs 20%
I have calories set at 950 but it still flags me as "too low"
thank you, that is what I wondered, mine says the same thing
Old 02-10-2015, 03:05 PM   #42  
In it for the long haul!

S/C/G: 201/162/140

You go lisa32989! We can all see it big time in your pix. I agree people get really jealous and/or threatened! I'm just gonna enjoy the ride.

I am at a low that I haven't been at for 6 or 7 years! Down 35lbs and my own siblings have said nothing --- oh well. I'm just trying to enjoy the fact that the fat I'm burning now is REALLY OLD fat. Out with the old -- in with the new me! Really grooving on letting go of REALLY OLD FAT!!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/201/155

Height: 5'10''

Had my 4th weigh-in, making it a month on IP. Only down 0.6 pounds by the clinic's scale this week, but am down at least 1 -1.5 pounds by my home scale. And down 0.5 inches. So, not a big loss this week, at least no gains, but a little disappointed. Going to try to focus on drinking more water this week and cutting back on restricted items. I've been having a restricted item each day (IP brownie). I got a different snack today to mix it up. Congrats to everyone on their losses this week! Hope everyone has a great week!!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:30 PM   #44  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

I think one thing that's good to keep in mind when losing weight is that in today's age talking about people's weight can be considered taboo. Because of this some people may not feel comfortable saying anything, although they may notice the changes. I try not to get caught up in who is and isn't noticing my transition. I focus on how I feel and what I see, and when people make nice comments about it I feel good...I don't think about the people who aren't saying anything because you never know why they haven't said something. Their reasons for staying quiet may not necessarily be from spite or jealousy. We always have each other, this forum is so supportive and helpful!

Last edited by kimo88; 02-10-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:00 PM   #45  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I am having one of those days. And I don't know why. Yesterday I was feeling good and happy, even going out of my way to visit with people I haven't seen in a while (something I rarely do since I am more apt to stay home and by myself). Had a good night's sleep and woke up in a good mood. Then for some reason, I just got all weepy and I have been sniffling and crying over NOTHING for most of the day. I am post menopausal so I can't blame TOM. But I can't help but wonder if hormones still play apart in this. I really don't have friends that I can go grab a cup of joe with or window shop (never really been one to do that anyways). I'm not hungry but in the past on days such as this, I would be eating one thing after another. I refuse to go there now!! So here I am, boo hooing all over my keyboard and I don't know why. If it weren't so late in the day I'd go to bed but it's too late for a nap and too early for bedtime. I went for a walk but that didn't help much. Sat in the sun and while it felt good, still didn't help much. Heading into my fourth week on IP and it is way too early for diet fatigue so what gives? I sure tomorrow will be better. I have my weigh in and I don't want to be red eyed while I'm there. I know "this too shall pass" but I sure wish it'd hurry up.
Closed Thread