Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I am going to try switching to the alternative plan and see what happens...
Old 02-06-2015, 07:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

To help fill the void, I tried an IP Cappachino drink in a blender with ice and a good handful of spinach. Wow, that filled me right up till about 4 hours later.
I agree about watching the details, and I too have not been good about supplements. Sometimes life is crazy and its easy to forget.
Happy Friday Ipeeps
Old 02-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #18  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type1lady View Post
Does anyone know where to find a comprehensive list of IP ingredients? I buy individual packets and most don't have the nutritional contents listed on them. I am really struggling with this blood sugar thing. I had a plain pancake for breakfast. It does have whey protein so that could explain the rise in my blood sugar. It is the same rise I would get if I ate a muffin for breakfast and not enough insulin. Except that the amount I took would have be more than enough in a "normal" diet. This is sad to me because I am actually losing and it is the first ever but I might have to quit if I can't figure this out. From what I can tell so far is that the main protein used is soy and wheat combined.
I believe there is a listing of most all the nutrient info somewhere on 3FC IP -- I'll do some looking, but keep an eye out here in the Daily Chat this weekend - someone else my point you right to it before I find it.

I am not having luck finding the chart - as I recall one of the posting IPeeps was creating one.

However - if you join MyFitnessPal.com (free online website), they have an extensive database of foods, including most IP products - when you select a food to enter in your daily food log, it gives you calories, carbs, fats, protein, sodium and sugar content, and enables you track your intake of all those factors.... I am just getting into it myself, but the phone app includes a way to scan barcodes too I think, so you don't have to manually key in everything.... This might be a good tool for you if you are not already doing something similar.

I hope this is helpful info.

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-06-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #19  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Thanks frawniemae...I am not on Facebook so that will out for me
If I figure out how to download it, I can email to you, if you want.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:35 PM   #20  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Checking in as I continue in Phase 3. My weight has been stable, but I'm prepared to see a gain as my carb stores come back. I should be moving to p4 on Tuesday, but due to snow storms and travel I have not seen my coach in 2 weeks and will miss him again next week. I am planning on staying on P3 until I chck in with him so I can get fully briefed!

I've been way too busy the past few days and found myself missing reading 3FC. I am convinced that checking in on the forums everyday helps maintain my focus.

Have a great on plan weekend!
Old 02-06-2015, 08:35 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I believe there is a listing of most all the nutrient info somewhere on 3FC IP -- I'll do some looking, but keep an eye out here in the Daily Chat this weekend - someone else my point you right to it before I find it.
ThAnks so much oneuh2! I have done some searching as well but no luck. Sometimes it is how you word your search that get you results :0)
Old 02-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #22  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
ThAnks so much oneuh2! I have done some searching as well but no luck. Sometimes it is how you word your search that get you results :0)
I just edited my earlier post with some more info - could not find the list here, but there is an easily searchable database including IP foods on MyFitnessPal.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #23  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Clinics aren't supposed to sell the single packs for this very reason. IP has some singles with the nutrition labels on them. Its an FDA thing.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:14 PM   #24  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I had a pure protein bar for my lunch today. I got so bloated I had to undo my pants. And I was at work . Luckily I mistly work alone and I had a sweater on. I've never noticed that happen before. When I weighed more, the "bloat" didn't show.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I just edited my earlier post with some more info - could not find the list here, but there is an easily searchable database including IP foods on MyFitnessPal.
Thanks...I will go there and have a look. I have found some items there before. Some have the ingredients and some just have the carb count etc
Old 02-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Clinics aren't supposed to sell the single packs for this very reason. IP has some singles with the nutrition labels on them. Its an FDA thing.
I did wonder about that and thought about just investing and buying what I use by the case if they will let me. We have to buy it weekly right now. The vitamins etc are really pricy too! I am starting to consider the alternative way but not sure where to purchase like items in Canada.

Last edited by Type1lady; 02-06-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:13 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone. Just checking in - been away for a couple of days. Had a mild panic attack tonight. Ate out with family. Had a 7 oz sirloin steak and steamed veggies. Got to wondering if I was allowed steak. Got home and immediately checked protocol sheet. So glad to see sirloin was listed.
I am not much of a red meat eater but thought I would have some to mix things up. It doesn't take much to feel full these days. On this diet I hardly ever feel hungry. The cravings are gone and to me it seems like a lot of food. I still have the old mindset that while dieting you should feel hungry. Still trying to wrap my head around this way of life.

Here's to a OP weekend ahead.

Smiles!
Old 02-07-2015, 12:37 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 199.2/198.0/150.0

Quote:
Does anyone know where to find a comprehensive list of IP ingredients? I buy individual packets and most don't have the nutritional contents listed on them. I am really struggling with this blood sugar thing. I had a plain pancake for breakfast. It does have whey protein so that could explain the rise in my blood sugar. It is the same rise I would get if I ate a muffin for breakfast and not enough insulin. Except that the amount I took would have be more than enough in a "normal" diet. This is sad to me because I am actually losing and it is the first ever but I might have to quit if I can't figure this out. From what I can tell so far is that the main protein used is soy and wheat combined.
I hope it's ok to post this following website. It has the IP nutritional info.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu.../ideal-protein
Old 02-07-2015, 01:50 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonLady View Post
I hope it's ok to post this following website. It has the IP nutritional info.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu.../ideal-protein
Wow! You gals are great!
Old 02-07-2015, 02:34 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
Hey everyone. Just checking in - been away for a couple of days. Had a mild panic attack tonight. Ate out with family. Had a 7 oz sirloin steak and steamed veggies. Got to wondering if I was allowed steak. Got home and immediately checked protocol sheet. So glad to see sirloin was listed.
I am not much of a red meat eater but thought I would have some to mix things up. It doesn't take much to feel full these days. On this diet I hardly ever feel hungry. The cravings are gone and to me it seems like a lot of food. I still have the old mindset that while dieting you should feel hungry. Still trying to wrap my head around this way of life.

Here's to a OP weekend ahead.

Smiles!
For those who feel their losses are slowing down:
Sometimes if you seem to be having a slow pounds lost for a couple of weeks, check out your proteins - if you are using the fish & chicken breast a lot give some red meat a try and you may be pleasantly surprised by a whoosh as your body lets go of the fat.

Type1lady: I would definitely do the Alternative protocol - it IS for Diabetics...so it should work better and be healthier for you. Check with your doc/endocrinologist though, for professional advice.

Liana
Closed Thread