Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bigdogs View Post
hysteria Beth, that's exactly what I paid up front and what my weekly food costs. I've been reading about alternatives since I started, my first order will hopefully be here tomorrow. Once I feel more confident I'll probably do the rest of my phases on my own.

You had a good weigh in since we 'talked' last!��. That's great, my last one was only 1.6. Since then I've been eating my veggies, meat and restricted spaced out every 2 or 3 hours and the scale shows -.5 everyday for the last 3 days.

Hope you are feeling better...
Thanks Yah - feel like I need a few naps this weekend, but otherwise good.

No loss for me this week (although tomorrow will be 'official') - I might even register up a little bit - but I was expecting it - 4#'s this far in was a fluke

Sounds like you are going to have a great weigh in!

There are times I wish I had a coach. For one, she had an awesome scale at the office and I would like to know if I am screwing anything up / losing muscle. She (and all coaches I would assume) have access to a much larger network / database. I didn't mind the fees - but the $80 for food...I couldn't justify that with my soy issue - choices were just too limited imho.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:36 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
That's awesome magpie! What an awesome coach

Calories sound very reasonable - just curious what a coach would say to a client who may have less hungry days? Maybe once a week around 750 / 800?
If you're getting enough protein, enough fiber, and enough oil, a low day should be fine, right? I'm going to have a low day today, because I forgot to eat my snack--so I actually will be a little short on protein. (But the meat was 8 oz of hamburger, at my mom's house, so, not THAT low.)

And from other things I've read about nutrition, it seems like running a little high or a little low now and then (within reasonable bounds!) is useful--to keep the body guessing, as it were.

When I miss my oil (or a packet) altogether, I try to get just a little bit extra the next day. Seems to work OK.

If you'd like, I'll pass that question on to my coach with my check-in next Friday!
Old 03-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #303  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
If you're getting enough protein, enough fiber, and enough oil, a low day should be fine, right? I'm going to have a low day today, because I forgot to eat my snack--so I actually will be a little short on protein. (But the meat was 8 oz of hamburger, at my mom's house, so, not THAT low.)

And from other things I've read about nutrition, it seems like running a little high or a little low now and then (within reasonable bounds!) is useful--to keep the body guessing, as it were.

When I miss my oil (or a packet) altogether, I try to get just a little bit extra the next day. Seems to work OK.

If you'd like, I'll pass that question on to my coach with my check-in next Friday!
Thanks magpie, that would be great.

I am a proponent of listening to our bodies but this diet is already really restricted and they may understand better why the snack is necessary. Again I emphasis this has occurred less than a handful of times over the last 8 weeks so definitely not a habit or trying to game / speed weight loss.

Happy weekend everyone! Going to my 2 y/o great nieces bday this afternoon. SIL knows I am on a restricted diet, so no pressure for cake, et al yay! Planning to cook / get next weeks lunches ready and maybe do a little trampoline jumping with DD10
Old 03-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #304  

Lol - forget the trampoline yesterday - it was ridiculously cold in NoVa yesterday - wind chill was in the teens!
Next week is looking MUCH better weather-wise & I should be able to get some walking in
So, now that I've beaten the nasty head / upper respiratory mess I had, now my eyes are giving me major problems. Having young kids, I have a couple left over pink-eye medicines around, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I can't wear my contacts right now & they are constantly irritated / itchy. This started in late Feb so its not allergies Also, it's one of the busiest times of the year for work, I am down a person (her twins were born Friday), and I need to get in to see my eye doctor (who is only M-F) ugh

On the bright side, I am down 0.2 for the week it was a pleasant surprise
Old 03-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #305  

Oof, things don't ever happen one-by-one, do they, hysteria? I hope work lets up enough that you can get in to the eye doctor!

Yay for the loss!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:25 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 245/seetracker/155

Height: 5'11

Hey all,

The past week was uneventful - lost only 1lb. I'm chalking it up to TOM and my daily 5km walks with the baby. I'm not in a huge rush to lose weight because health is the priority. I will be starting a light version of Ripped in 30 after April 1 (light on cardio). I've noticed that I am losing lots of inches, some pants that were tight early March are now looser!!!!

Good night!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:11 PM   #307  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosfos View Post
Hey all,

The past week was uneventful - lost only 1lb. I'm chalking it up to TOM and my daily 5km walks with the baby. I'm not in a huge rush to lose weight because health is the priority. I will be starting a light version of Ripped in 30 after April 1 (light on cardio). I've noticed that I am losing lots of inches, some pants that were tight early March are now looser!!!!

Good night!
Inches gone are great too! Congrats!

Group talk: Do you guys have a "wish" pair or pants or dress? I have 2 & I was able to get into the first pair Saturday!!! Gap size 14 jeans - had some serious muffin top still but they were able to zip without a pair of pliers (second pair are also Gap - but size 10, not worn since 2004)

Eyes are a little better - medicating and wearing my glasses for now...gotten a lot of compliments on the glasses but I miss my contacts.
Also having a issue...the antibiotics helped the no-go issue but now its been 5 days magpie I saw your post but haven't looked into it too much - also been researching probiotics. As sensitive as I am to meds, I'm kind of scared to add unknowns, kwim?

ETA - went ahead and placed an order for the Natural Calm...also am going to try the Iso-100 Cookies and Cream whey protein - mmmm can't wait to make muffins from that!!!

Last edited by hysteria_625; 03-30-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:36 PM   #308  

I have a couple of "wish" items, I guess. Some things that used to fit, when I was a smaller size, and a few things that I bought hoping they'd fit, but they never have.

Ooh, let us know how the cookies & cream muffins turn out, hysteria! I hope the Calm works as nicely for you as it does for me.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:44 PM   #309  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
I have a couple of "wish" items, I guess. Some things that used to fit, when I was a smaller size, and a few things that I bought hoping they'd fit, but they never have.

Ooh, let us know how the cookies & cream muffins turn out, hysteria! I hope the Calm works as nicely for you as it does for me.

Yes, I will - kind of wanted the Birthday Cake Briael mentioned but hubby wants one he can use after his work outs too and said birthday cake flavor sounded too sweet.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 242/222/160

Height: 5'10"

The most amazing thing happened at weigh in yesterday! I took a week off plan; sick one day and seriously sick of constantly having to say no to foods that I enjoy. Plus a girls weekend with wine and a night out for dinner and the theater. I knew I'd be up in weight and sure enough, I was up two pounds. But I was down 1.4 lbs of fat! Holy cow! My coach said that even though I was completely out of ketosis, my body is learning to utilize foods better and the gain was lean muscle and H2O. So I'm back on plan and with renewed enthusiasm. Has any one else experienced this yet?

Last edited by juliemp; 03-31-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:29 PM   #311  

Congrats Hysteria with fitting into the dream jeans!! I cannot wait until the end of this month to see/hear about our collective progress!!

Re: wish items - anything I wore pre-pregnancy! I'm currently wearing size 16 pants and large tops when I was probably a size 18-20 during pregnancy and a size 12 pre. However, I was losing weight when I got the BFP. At my thinnest, I was a size 8 wearing medium tops, so that's what I'm aspiring to. However, given my body composition, I have to lose a ton of weight for that to happen. Tomorrow's 4 weeks since I restarted IP and I am so happy with the results thus far.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:30 PM   #312  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemp View Post
The most amazing thing happened at weigh in yesterday! I took a week off plan; sick one day and seriously sick of constantly having to say no to foods that I enjoy. Plus a girls weekend with wine and a night out for dinner and the theater. I knew I'd be up in weight and sure enough, I was up two pounds. But I was down 1.4 lbs of fat! Holy cow! My coach said that even though I was completely out of ketosis, my body is learning to utilize foods better and the gain was lean muscle and H2O. So I'm back on plan and with renewed enthusiasm. Has any one else experienced this yet?
Hey Julie - looks like we have similar stats! That hasn't happened to me and I am not sure what the physiological explanation for that is but that's amazing! Congrats
Old 04-01-2015, 05:01 AM   #313  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosfos View Post
Congrats fosfos!! Yes I am the same as you - no particular end date in mind, just focusing on my health. What is Ripped in 30? I'm interested in doing some home exercises but not the cardio ones (like Insanity) while I'm in P1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Group talk: Do you guys have a "wish" pair or pants or dress? I have 2 & I was able to get into the first pair Saturday!!! Gap size 14 jeans - had some serious muffin top still but they were able to zip without a pair of pliers (second pair are also Gap - but size 10, not worn since 2004)

Eyes are a little better - medicating and wearing my glasses for now...gotten a lot of compliments on the glasses but I miss my contacts.
Also having a issue...the antibiotics helped the no-go issue but now its been 5 days magpie I saw your post but haven't looked into it too much - also been researching probiotics. As sensitive as I am to meds, I'm kind of scared to add unknowns, kwim?
Hysteria - Congrats on the target pants!!! That is awesome! I have a couple in the closet that are still just wishful thinking, but I'm shrinking out of my "fat" pair so I'll take that as a start, lol!

Glad to hear your eyes are doing a bit better. Let me know if I can offer any advice re: the antibiotics. We get lots of patients who have unpleasant "side effects" and I have a few tricks up my sleeve to deal with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemp View Post
I knew I'd be up in weight and sure enough, I was up two pounds. But I was down 1.4 lbs of fat! Holy cow! My coach said that even though I was completely out of ketosis, my body is learning to utilize foods better and the gain was lean muscle and H2O.
Congrats juliemp, yes it sounds like that's the case! Welcome back to being OP
Old 04-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello all! I'm doing good today. I was down 2.7 at my weigh in this week, so I have officially lost 20 pounds now. I've been on IP 9 weeks, so it's a little slower than I thought it would be, but I'm happy with the results, so I will stick to it. My clothes are all fitting better, which is amazing. I'm fitting into things in my closet that I haven't worn in months, as they were getting too tight, and uncomfortable.

re: Wish items. I have a pair of jeans that are a size 4 in my closet that I got a couple of years ago as motivation when I was on WW. I've never been in a size 4, and I don't know if they'll ever fit, but they are in the back of my closet as motivation! I also have a pair of American Eagle jeans that are technically a size 12, but they run much smaller (as I'm in a size 10 already in everything else) that I couldn't even get all the way on when I started. I actually wore them last week on Friday to work! They are still tight in the thighs (they are straight leg, and I'm thick in the thighs) but are already getting loose in the waist! Yay!!

I wanted to say that these boards are so ridiculously motivating for me. I still participate in the WW boards on their site, because they are entertaining, but there are so few people over there that are even still on WW that it's discouraging. Here, there are SO many people who are having success, and keeping it off, that I find it extremely helpful!

Hope everyone continues to have a great week.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #315  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle14 View Post
Hello all! I'm doing good today. I was down 2.7 at my weigh in this week, so I have officially lost 20 pounds now. I've been on IP 9 weeks, so it's a little slower than I thought it would be, but I'm happy with the results, so I will stick to it. My clothes are all fitting better, which is amazing. I'm fitting into things in my closet that I haven't worn in months, as they were getting too tight, and uncomfortable.

re: Wish items. I have a pair of jeans that are a size 4 in my closet that I got a couple of years ago as motivation when I was on WW. I've never been in a size 4, and I don't know if they'll ever fit, but they are in the back of my closet as motivation! I also have a pair of American Eagle jeans that are technically a size 12, but they run much smaller (as I'm in a size 10 already in everything else) that I couldn't even get all the way on when I started. I actually wore them last week on Friday to work! They are still tight in the thighs (they are straight leg, and I'm thick in the thighs) but are already getting loose in the waist! Yay!!

I wanted to say that these boards are so ridiculously motivating for me. I still participate in the WW boards on their site, because they are entertaining, but there are so few people over there that are even still on WW that it's discouraging. Here, there are SO many people who are having success, and keeping it off, that I find it extremely helpful!

Hope everyone continues to have a great week.
great weigh in Legal! Wow...I can't remember ever wearing anything smaller than a 10 in my adult life - you go girl!!!! I have to admit, I've love to see a single digit size when all is said and done
- heard WW has been having problem & trying to revamp. I did WW with a work group 10+ years ago...lead by the "oldest woman to try out for the Redskins Cheerleaders", according to her lol - anyway I had read they were having problems with the new points system and a lot of people were unhappy with it. It's always worked for some so hopefully they get things turned around

So the next 4 weeks will be the biggest challenge I've faced since starting IP. My work spikes quarterly, and our 3 person team is now a 2 person team. What I was able to split before is now 100% my responsibility. It's a lot of work and it's going to be a lot of hours. I've fallen into a routine of eating dinner between 6:30 - 7:30p, but if I'm lucky, that's when I'll be getting home many nights. Found out last night my body didn't like going from 12:30p to 7:30p without food, so I had my evening snack as I was driving home and then dinner.
Luckily, this has never been a "pizza party" type place - ie, the boss orders pizza for everyone working late - lol. This is just par-for-the-course with what I do
Anyway, going to be a little extra prep on my part - bringing in a couple meal replacements, and trying to keep the stress level ooooooommmmmmm instead of
Closed Thread