Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 06:42 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Tues 2/3/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Frawniemae- sorry to hear about you DH's hospital trip but so glad he is diagnosed and on the mend!! And WTG for staying on plan during such a stressful time! It is times like this that reaffirm that you can stay OP through most situations if you are determined.

Scorpio53 - Congrats on Onderland!! such a great milestone!!

I lost 4.2 lbs yesterday and this morning my home scale has me WI as the same weight as my DH. I haven't weighed the same or less than him in 19yrs. My impatience to reach goal grows every week but I am hanging tough.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 02-03-2015, 07:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Frawniemae- sorry to hear about you DH's hospital trip but so glad he is diagnosed and on the mend!! And WTG for staying on plan during such a stressful time! It is times like this that reaffirm that you can stay OP through most situations if you are determined.

Scorpio53 - Congrats on Onderland!! such a great milestone!!

I lost 4.2 lbs yesterday and this morning my home scale has me WI as the same weight as my DH. I haven't weighed the same or less than him in 19yrs. My impatience to reach goal grows every week but I am hanging tough.

Hope everyone has a great week!
nice WI! Your doing great!

Frawniemae - hope DH is better soon. Great job staying away from the junk!

WI today for me...different time than normal because of the delays to school for ice. Hopefully I will have a loss this week....
Old 02-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #4  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning,

Just wanted to thank you all for the kind words about entering ONEDERLAND!! It has been several years (at least 15) since I have been here and it is pretty awesome!

Have a great day!!
Old 02-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!! I had my official weigh in yesterday. Last week I wasn't down at all so I was hoping for some movement, any movement and I was down 2 lbs!! Also, last Friday I got the fitbit aria scale and now I know the difference between the weigh in on that and the weigh in at my clinic...which is great considering I don't have a weigh in next week due to Monday being a stat holiday (family day!). At least I can get an idea of what my weigh in would have been.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #6  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Good morning, everyone! Things are going well on my end. Looking forward to a great Tuesday!
Old 02-03-2015, 11:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/201/155

Height: 5'10''

Had my 3rd weigh-in today and am down another 3.5 pounds!!! Love seeing that scale keep going down! Great job on all the WI's and hope everyone has an OP and wonderful week!!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155.6/155.6/135

Height: 5`6``

So i just started ip again. Went and bought food for a few weeks, knew i had pills from before and when i got home and checked noticed one of them expired in november. Would they be no good? I know sometimes u can use things past the expiry date. One clinic told me the packets were good for 3 months past the date.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #9  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by michy1979 View Post
So i just started ip again. Went and bought food for a few weeks, knew i had pills from before and when i got home and checked noticed one of them expired in november. Would they be no good? I know sometimes u can use things past the expiry date. One clinic told me the packets were good for 3 months past the date.
Most vitamins are good for a while after the expiration date - they might lose a little of their effectiveness, that's all.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #10  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Good news! Hubbie has been sprung! Sent home with 2 new scrips, the usual diet and exercise plus no caffeine orders! Thanks for all the support! Now, back to the regularly scheduled program....
Old 02-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

frawniemae: That's awesome news! Congrats! And way to go staying OP during ALL the things!

jojo, kimo, centx: Congrats on the losses. It feels great, doesn't it?
Old 02-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #12  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

What a great day for weigh ins and frawniemae's hubby going home! Congrats all you lovely losers! and let's hope Mr Frawniemae is feeling better and heading towards good health.

Down 5 whole lbs from last week - so it looks like my body is catching up after its confusion with the C25K program. I *finally* weigh less than hubby - even if it is only 0.2lbs. Hoping to be out of the 180s tomorrow!

Got brave today and signed up for my first official 5K on April 4th - the 5K Run for the Fallen here on Fort Bliss. Hubby is feeling inspired and decided that he may join me in running as he loves all the excitement of big group activities.

He was BAD (yes, it's in capitals) last night and opened the tin of Quality Street chocolates. I thought it would be hard to resist, but ... no, passed on them quite happily. My willpower muscle is growing!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Good news! Hubbie has been sprung! Sent home with 2 new scrips, the usual diet and exercise plus no caffeine orders! Thanks for all the support! Now, back to the regularly scheduled program....
Good News! Yeah for Hubbie!!

Congrats to all the losses!

I had my WI and after a dissapointing +1 last week....This week I was down 3 and lost an inch in my chest, waist and hips!!! OK maybe that +1 last week was for a reason....LOL
Old 02-03-2015, 01:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/201/155

Height: 5'10''

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
frawniemae: That's awesome news! Congrats! And way to go staying OP during ALL the things!

jojo, kimo, centx: Congrats on the losses. It feels great, doesn't it?
Yes!!! It's nice to not dread stepping on the scale!!

Frawniemae: That's wonderful news about your husband!!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

scorpio53 Way to go, very exciting milestone

CenTXChk Great loss, and congrats on weighing the same as your DH, that is a goal I too met this last week. I've never weighed the same as my DH in the time that we've been together, we met at my heaviest. I am about 15lbs from goad and am getting impatient as well hang in there!

frawniemae Glad to hear that your DH was released and with helping meds.

Briae Congrats on the great loss and the DH/weight victory too

Sgrealtor1 Congrats on your losses this week

And of course congratulations on losses and NSV to anyone I may have overlooked.

I've been away from the forum for a few days, and am just catching up.

I ended up going to the cabin with my mom even though they were called for snow (25cm) which normally wouldn't be a big deal for snowmobiling (our only mode of transport) but there isn't a good solid base established on the trail or the ice and the 25 was just added to already waist deep (and higher) soft snow! We ended up travelling back with friends with a cabin close by. We got stuck half a dozen times in the waist deep snow pulling a komatik (we had to bring it, we had our dogs with us). It took us 4 hours to travel the 27km from the cabin to the town where my mom lives! It was -29C, and windy! Needless to say I was exhausted and sore, I had two of extra packs to compensate. I don't know what I burned, but I was starved! My entire body aches today, I hope we get some warmer weather so that the snow settles and hardens, we've got lots more in the forecast.

I lost 1.5lbs this week, it puts me at the same as DH which is cool, but I was hoping to be at 150 for this weigh in.

I'm already shopping for carbs for P3 breakfast. You never know what will be available in the stores when the time comes so I will just throw it in the freezer.

I hope everyone has a great OP week!
Closed Thread