Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #16  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Hi All:

I know I am MIA but what to do extremely busy at work plus weather is too cold for me. I never used to feel cold but since I lost more than 1/2 the body fat I feel cold these days.

Another site for receipes:

http://www.incredibleweightlosscente...s-of-the-week/

Last edited by rsach312; 01-28-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: missed
Old 01-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

readytolive, it really is easy to make excuses to put off starting the journey, good for you for saying "enough!" and good luck on your journey, I hope things feel better for you soon. And sorry about the loss of your cat, they become so much like family(even more likeable than some family members).

Sgrealtor1, it's amazing how much you realize so many things revolve around food and alcohol, and not just during holidays. You are equipped with the knowledge and will power to resist, stay strong

etherbunny, I think timeline wise it's different for everyone, with factors such as time of year, lifestyle and weight left to lose. I've found that I'm a little more impatient now that I have 14lbs to go, and that has made me feel a bit diet fatigued, plus just this weekend I really felt it, but it's tied into TOM. I find that now I'm back into it and thinking I might even decide to lose a little more than my original goal. The only thing I can say is ride it out, it will pass.

Megan2, isn't it great when losses are more than anticipated!! Great job!

Vista, way to get right back OP after your little venture off trail. Make sure you are well prepared for tomorrow by either eating first or bringing OP food that you can eat so you don't feel completely left out. You can do it!

I'm thinking of heading to my folks cabin this weekend with my Mom, my step dad can't make it and she shouldn't go on her own. I know I can start a fire, though I'm not sure I will be able to start the generator, at least there are others in the area that will surely help if we need it. Meal preparing is different, because it's either cook on the wood stove or a small two element propane stove, I think it will be best if I precook most things and just reheat. I will have to make sure to pack extra food this time as last time we almost got stuck there because of the weather, and they are calling for another 30 or so centimetres over the weekend.

Have a wonderful OP day IPeeps!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #18  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

readytolive--I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Sending good thoughts your way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Good morning all! I'm back and ready to do this again!

I've had everything ready to go for the past week (received products from Nashua, have fresh veggies, etc), but it has been a rather emotional time. We put our cat to sleep on Friday after he had been sick for months. He was 14 and so full of love; I had him over half my life and I'm still really struggling. I'm also in the middle of my TOM but I figured - stop making excuses, there will always be a reason not to start on any given day but I'm ready. Third time is a charm!
rebelgrl87--Here's one I've been using lately (adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe).

Heat 2 Tbsp. Olive oil in pot. When warm, add 2 c. chopped onions, 1 c. diced rutebega (I dice it into 1cm cubes), and 1 c. chopped celery. Add 3 tsp. Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent.

Add 10 cups veggie broth. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins. Add 8 cups of chopped veggies (I like broccoli the best) and cook until tender.

I usually eat a cup at a time. In fact, I'm going to have this today for lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
Good morning! Day 10 for me. I was looking online at recipes last night. What are some of your favorites? I have tried stir fry. Really like it. Does anyone have a good soup recipe that is IP P1 friendly?

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

"Trust the Process"
I've been super busy at work the last few weeks and off my game of checking in here. However, I did discover one awesome trick during my time off. My fridge's bottom drawer likes to freeze my veggies. I was totally bummed when it froze a head of cauliflower into a solid block. Until I realized that it was so easy to grate into cauliflower bits! I plan to intentionally freeze my cauli for grating in the future.

I also discovered a nice evening treat. Half a lime's worth of juice muddled with mint. Shake with ice. Pour out juice into glass. Then add bubbly water. Tastes like a mojito. (As a heads up, I use lime juice in cooking and such even though I know it is not on the sheet).

Last edited by benice; 01-28-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Scorbett1103, Thanks so much. I will definitely be trying some of those. I bought some rutabagas this weekend so now I have an idea how to use them. Just got back from Kroger. Bought the ginger sesame dressing and barbeque sauce. Was tempted to get the ketchup but didn't. I have read on other boards where people add apple cider vinegar to cut down on the sweet. Anxious to put some bbq sauce on my chicken.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Just finished my peanut butter bar. Yum Yum!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Hey everyone, hope you're having a great Wednesday.

So, my company is hosting a Wellness Challenge where you can either sign up to lose 10 lbs (if needed) or improve your fitness over 12 weeks. If you meet your goal, you get $100! Easy shmeasy I thought... I can easily lose 10lbs in 12 weeks! I was a little disappointed though, because their scale showed me as 4lbs heavier than my WI at my IP clinic last Friday. I definitely feel like I have LOST since then, not gained, so I'm trying not to let the number my office gave me bum me out. Trying to be rational, not emotional, but I'm sure y'all can understand that seeing ANY scale move in the opposite direction is not fun.

Things I am telling myself: it was after lunch (though I only had eggs and veggies), no 2 scales are rarely the same, and I am wearing clothes (duh...but I am always wearing clothes at my WIs ).

I have considered getting an at-home scale as something consistent to measure my progress on, but I don't want to get obsessive with it and stress out. I kind of LIKE that my Friday WIs are a bit of a surprise, because when it's good, it feels so exciting!

What do y'all prefer to do? Weigh yourself daily at home, or just weekly at your WIs?

Last edited by courtneyf2; 01-28-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5.2

Its been a great WI day for me. Down 4 pounds on my second week back at it. I did BodyPump last night. I feel so much better when I am exercising. My coach just has me add extra protein in which I usually do at lunch. Loving this forum and perused the recipe threads a bit to get some inspiration. I am not a real inspired cook and doubt I will get too adventurous. I found when I did WW years ago that I would just think about food constantly and almost obsess over what I was going to be eating. I am not hungry doing IP and am able to not really think about food so much which I think is healthier for me mentally. I think I am making my meal choices because I have to eat to live, but I don't feel like I am living to eat which is a great change for me. Hope everyone else is hanging in there!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

courtneyf2: I wouldn't be discouraged by that scale, think of it as a challenge. First of all it's not calibrated the same as your WI scale and you probably weighed at a different time of day with more on than usual right? Your weight fluctuates during the day so I wouldn't get caught up with it.

I weigh myself in the mornings at home but I just use that to see how my progress is during the week. Actually on WI days my scale is a little less than the clinics, lol and that doesn't bother me either.

My friends home scale was out 13 lbs from the scale at her clinic, imagine how she was freaking out, and this was on her first week.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:14 PM   #23  

mmjenny: Nice loss, congrats! I feel better when I workout too. Although I went from 5-7xa week to only going 2-3x. I don't want to over do it but I just wanted a few workouts in a week.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #24  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyf2 View Post
Hey everyone, hope you're having a great Wednesday.

So, my company is hosting a Wellness Challenge where you can either sign up to lose 10 lbs (if needed) or improve your fitness over 12 weeks. If you meet your goal, you get $100! Easy shmeasy I thought... I can easily lose 10lbs in 12 weeks! I was a little disappointed though, because their scale showed me as 4lbs heavier than my WI at my IP clinic last Friday. I definitely feel like I have LOST since then, not gained, so I'm trying not to let the number my office gave me bum me out. Trying to be rational, not emotional, but I'm sure y'all can understand that seeing ANY scale move in the opposite direction is not fun.

Things I am telling myself: it was after lunch (though I only had eggs and veggies), no 2 scales are rarely the same, and I am wearing clothes (duh...but I am always wearing clothes at my WIs ).

I have considered getting an at-home scale as something consistent to measure my progress on, but I don't want to get obsessive with it and stress out. I kind of LIKE that my Friday WIs are a bit of a surprise, because when it's good, it feels so exciting!

What do y'all prefer to do? Weigh yourself daily at home, or just weekly at your WIs?
When I weigh myself at home in the morning vs my 3:30pm weigh in at the clinic there's consistently a 4lb difference between the two numbers. If your weigh in at the clinic is in the morning then that is very likely the case with your weigh in at the office. The amount of food and water you have without getting rid of before your weigh in will affect your numbers and usually in the morning weigh ins are done fasted, and you've probably gone to the bathroom. I wouldn't be too concerned about that, forget the number on your office weigh in now and focus on the official weigh ins as it's the most consistent weigh in for you (or so it sounds).

I weigh myself 2 times per week, Friday mornings at home and Monday afternoons at the clinic. It works for me. I don't like to weigh myself more because I'm worried I'll get obsessed. Other people can weigh themselves everyday and have no issues. Everyone has a way that works best for them. I think it's probably a good idea to invest in a scale for home anyway so when you're in maintenance it can keep you in check.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #25  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjenny View Post
Its been a great WI day for me. Down 4 pounds on my second week back at it. I did BodyPump last night. I feel so much better when I am exercising. My coach just has me add extra protein in which I usually do at lunch. Loving this forum and perused the recipe threads a bit to get some inspiration. I am not a real inspired cook and doubt I will get too adventurous. I found when I did WW years ago that I would just think about food constantly and almost obsess over what I was going to be eating. I am not hungry doing IP and am able to not really think about food so much which I think is healthier for me mentally. I think I am making my meal choices because I have to eat to live, but I don't feel like I am living to eat which is a great change for me. Hope everyone else is hanging in there!
Congrats on the weigh in!! It's nice that you can keep the exercise up! I just started back in and I'm so happy to be back to the gym. I'm definitely a happier person when I'm active. Now...if I could only do hot yoga...

Glad to hear about your healthy relationship with food now. There were times in my life that I became food obsessed (not in the sense that I ate a lot but more so that I was ALWAYS thinking about food and my macros and blah blah blah). It's nice to not have to worry. All I worry about now if do I have my 3 IP packs? One one restricted? What protein and veg should I eat today? It's pretty simple..
Old 01-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #26  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

G'afternoon folks! Hate to brag but our weather is just about perfect right now. But, this is Texas and it's liable to change any minute!

Anywho...I went and got weighed (down 9 lbs!!) but measurements were wonky due to a different person doing them. Some of today's measurements were bigger than last week (I KNOW that ain't so!! Clothes already fit better.) but the only measurement she congratulated me on was my waist - 2 inches gone. So I'm very pleased with this first week of IP!

Went to the grocery store after and right now my kitchen is a wreck. I have about $150 worth of produce I am fixing to prep; making some of those wonderful veggie purees found somewhere here on this forum (my mind is a blank where, glad I printed them out!) They will help me and hubbie get over the missing of gravy that we put on just about everything before IP.

Just wanted to check in and give an update! Have a great rest of the day!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:27 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Thanks, jstbkuz and kimo88! The time of day is definitely different; I usually WI at 6:30am and this was just after lunch. I'll be even more excited for Friday now to see where I'm at. I might take your advice and get a home scale once I'm down a bit more. I have the tendency to get obsessed with it, so I want to be in a better headspace before I get one. I'm not normally a disordered eater, but scales seem to bring out the worst in me!! I always tell myself to go by how my clothes fit, but though the lbs are generally falling off on IP, I have yet to go down a clothing size. Hopefully soon!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #28  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
I went and got weighed (down 9 lbs!!) but measurements were wonky due to a different person doing them. Some of today's measurements were bigger than last week (I KNOW that ain't so!! Clothes already fit better.) but the only measurement she congratulated me on was my waist - 2 inches gone. So I'm very pleased with this first week of IP!
Congratulations, frawniemae!! What a great first week WI!!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:43 PM   #29  

frawniemae : awesome job!!!!

I'm having a hard time with my water today. I think it's cuz I'm home with my sick baby girl (7 years old) and I keep napping with her and have no time to drink,lol... ugggghhh only 3glasses down!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:47 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 165/XX/140

Height: 5'8"

Oh My Goodness, I am going to have to start reading the recipe thread Rainbow's soups look so yummy and simple to make. I am not a cook, I am such a raw vegetable kinda girl.
Closed Thread