Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5.2

I also do not like the WF products. I wish someone was close to me as it seems so wasteful to throw it away but I believe that I am going to. I would actually rather eat a salad without any dressing than use any of the WF products I have tried. I bought some of the mayo when I was on a kick that I was going to use those products but haven't been able to bring myself to try it I have been so disappointed with the dressings. I am going to check the recipe sections for the mayo and I think that I will likely be happier to go that way even if the texture is less firm.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:44 PM   #47  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo82 View Post
Just had my second weigh-in and am down 2 lbs. by their scale. I weighed this morning at home before eating and getting dressed and was down 4 lbs from last week. But, according to measurements, I've lost an inch from my waist since last week, so pretty happy about that. Down at least 12 lbs in two weeks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post
WI in today. Lost 2.2 lbs, very happy! I've lost a total of 15 inches overall. Just what I needed to keep going.
Congratulations!! You both are doing terrific!!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi everyone....I am new I think on this thread...I am having trouble navigating around but I think I figured out this is a new thread for each new day??? Starting my fourth week on IP...results so so. My readings at my weighin offer some confusion even to my coach. Does anyone have trouble with the fat percentage varying from week to week? I had a weekend full of food, the wrong kind! I not only fell off the wagon but then proceeded to throw myself under both sets of wheels. Pride definitly comes before a fall! Even so I did manage to lose .4 of a pound. Go figure! But I will take it! I am fully seated once again, buckled in good and firm! My blood sugars fluctuate somewhat but for the most part seem ok. They are better then before I did IP so that is a bonus. What is the water hydration supposed to sit at?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:56 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyf2 View Post
Quick question--how do y'all feel about the WF Mayo? I saw it mentioned above for egg salad (sorry, forgot to quote before I started posting). I generally DO NOT like the WF products since they all taste sweet (I hate sweet salad dressings). Is the mayo fairly true in taste to regular mayo? I would love to make some IP chicken OR egg salad, just to mix it up a bit.

Related: one of the biggest issues I have with IP is that EVERYTHING IS SWEET. Buying some crisps last WI really helped, but I'm more of a natural sweets (fruit) or after dinner dessert fan.
I''m a fan of the regular (miracle?) mayo AND the chipotle. They're both a little sweeter than "real" mayo. They replace the fat with sweetener.
And I'm also not a fan of everything being so sweet. I stuck to soups and omelet packets and only 1 sweet per day. I didn't want my palette to get used to sweet all the time. That is not how we eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
My butt missed squats too so I started back at the gym. Not squatting nearly what I was pre-IP since I don't want to go crazy but at least it was something!
The "my butt missed squats" made me literally LOL!
Thanks for the belly laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
If you are feeling mayo deprived, you can also easily make some with your olive oil allotment. It's super easy and tastes great.
Man o man...I cannot ever seem to get homemade mayo right. I've watched youtube and everything. I must be mayo-impaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffeifei View Post
Does anyone know how much canned tuna ( in water) you can eat in P1?
6-7 oz drained. So, like Scorbett said, 2 of the small cans.
8 oz raw meat usually = 6-7 oz cooked
Old 01-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Lisa32989 I couldn't figure out quotes but this info is very helpful! Thank you

6-7 oz drained. So, like Scorbett said, 2 of the small cans.
8 oz raw meat usually = 6-7 oz cooked[/QUOTE]
Old 01-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #51  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Down 3lbs

Had my 3rd weekly WI today and am down another 3lbs. I am really feeling like this is a plan that is sustainable for me without feeling too deprived. I think I can stick to this!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #52  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Default Walden Farms products

First of all congrats to all who stayed OP and those who had successful weigh ins.

Waldens
I was super excited when I learned that the Walden Farms factory store was only 20 minutes from home. I bought several salad dressings, every creamer flavor, bbq sauce and the onion dip. I found that the only way I can eat the salad dressing is if I add it to a homemade vinergarette as they are way too sweet,that might be a good idea for anyone who doesn't love them, but doesn't want to throw them out. I have really enjoyed the creamers, and was pleasantly surprised by the bbq sauce. I didn't like the onion dip at all.

On a side note I was surprised to find these same products in my local grocery store for less money. If I decide to buy them again, I will definitely go to the regular grocery store.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So we've got some big changes coming to the house this weekend...we are adopting a dog! My kids have been asking for a while now so we spent many months getting them in better habits of cleaning up (especially Legos. My morning bare feet really appreciate that), and taking on responsibilities in the house so that they can help with care. Hubby always had dogs, and I've been feeling the itch to have something furry to love I belong to a puggle rescue group on Facebook and they posted a photo of the sweetest boy a few weeks back, I just knew he was my dog! He'll be transported from North Carolina Saturday and I'll pick him up in Rhode Island on Sunday afternoon I'm already a proud mama!
Scorbett - Congrats on the new addition to the family. Very exciting for you and your kids. What is a puggle?
Old 01-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyf2 View Post
Quick question--how do y'all feel about the WF Mayo? I saw it mentioned above for egg salad (sorry, forgot to quote before I started posting). I generally DO NOT like the WF products since they all taste sweet (I hate sweet salad dressings). Is the mayo fairly true in taste to regular mayo? I would love to make some IP chicken OR egg salad, just to mix it up a bit.

I can't comment on the WF mayo. I didn't buy it because I read a lot of bad reviews. But, I will add that when I've made egg salad I actually changed my recipe and made it with a mixture of mustard and garlic paste. (I did the same for deviled eggs). I found it was pretty good. I've also used mustard to make a tuna salad.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

So I lost 2.8lbs without working out and only 0.5 inches.
Last week when I worked out 3x (with an extra pack) I lost 2.6lbs and 5 inches.

Guess what I will be doing this week?

I told my coach I would give one week with no crossfit a try and if it was slowing my loss too much I would quit it. But it looks like it's not. LoL
Infact I did better the week I worked out.

I'm happy just loosing 2.5 lbs a week and toning!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:12 PM   #56  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post

I told my coach I would give one week with no crossfit a try and if it was slowing my loss too much I would quit it. But it looks like it's not. LoL

That is great!! I think everyone has to find what works best for themselves. I have worked out daily since Day 1 - sometimes an extra packet and sometimes not. Just depends on what I do. But my losses have been really good and I am toning up very nicely!! And I feel so much better being active.

Keep up the great work!!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:15 PM   #57  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I''m a fan of the regular (miracle?) mayo AND the chipotle. They're both a little sweeter than "real" mayo. They replace the fat with sweetener.
And I'm also not a fan of everything being so sweet. I stuck to soups and omelet packets and only 1 sweet per day. I didn't want my palette to get used to sweet all the time. That is not how we eat!
This is too true. I started maintenance in October. By December I think I was living on Christmas cookies alone. I was never a sweets eater before IP but I seem to be one now. I need to stop!

WF mayo was to only thing I used. I added yellow mustard, vinegar and celery seed for coleslaw. Dijon, Worcestershire, garlic, vinegar and pepper to make ceasar but I found there was a grittiness or something to it. It looks like marshmallow fluff! But it added a bit of "creamy" without the fat.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:45 AM   #58  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo82 View Post
Just had my second weigh-in and am down 2 lbs. by their scale. I weighed this morning at home before eating and getting dressed and was down 4 lbs from last week. But, according to measurements, I've lost an inch from my waist since last week, so pretty happy about that. Down at least 12 lbs in two weeks!!
Congrats on another loss. Those early weeks really inspire you to knuckle down to staying OP, don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post
WI in today. Lost 2.2 lbs, very happy! I've lost a total of 15 inches overall. Just what I needed to keep going.
Congrats on the scale loss and the inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

My home scale showed a drop into the 170's today - so glad to see this finally. My faith in my ability to stay OP is greatly restored!

I have official weigh in on Thurs and will be posting for the DietBet game on Sunday... I needed that drop this week!
WooT Oneuh! 170s ... awesome stuff. I'm jealous, but very pleased for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post
Had my 3rd weekly WI today and am down another 3lbs. I am really feeling like this is a plan that is sustainable for me without feeling too deprived. I think I can stick to this!
Congrats, very nice loss and glad to hear you are feeling confident about sticking to the diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post

Not sure I'd attribute the differences to exercise versus no exercise at this stage. There are so many issues that can contribute to variance in weight and inch losses. Muscle holds more water, fat holds more estrogen. Your hydration level may be up if you gained muscle in the exercise weeks. You could have chosen foods with higher sodium counts and be holding a little water.

However, I'm guessing that you missed the exercise and are feeling the excess ketones burning a hole in your exercise muscle!
Closed Thread