Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post
Another less-than-stellar WI. Only 0.8 this week, added to the 1.6 last week and 0.8 the week before and I feel like I've wasted the last three weeks! Need to do something to jump start the loss again but I'm struggling to stay motivated now. Guess I'll just keep at it and hope for more (less!) next week.

For those of us in the northeast, stay safe and warm.
There really isn't anything that you can do to "jump start" losses. Sometimes they are just small. Frustrating, I know, but stay the course, eat the sheet and the losses will happen. Don't give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
Ladies,

I have a question about TOM, my coach said I will not lose any weight during my TOM. This week will be the first time since I started the plan. Does everyone find that to be true? Has anyone lost weight during their TOM?
I'm not sure why your coach would tell you that. You might see the scale go up a bit a few days beforehand due to water retention, but when it's over, that should come back right off. Also, since you are new, you might experience multiple TOM's in a month. The estrogen release from your fat cells triggers this and is completely normal while on IP.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 181.5/175.8/141.5

Height: 5'7"

So, I bought some ketosis UA test strips. What level should the readings be in for fat loss ketosis? Mine only ever test in the small (5) range
Old 01-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
Ladies,

I have a question about TOM, my coach said I will not lose any weight during my TOM. This week will be the first time since I started the plan. Does everyone find that to be true? Has anyone lost weight during their TOM?
I've been on IP for 4 months and only have two WI's with zero loss. You do continue to lose during TOM, don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post
Another less-than-stellar WI. Only 0.8 this week, added to the 1.6 last week and 0.8 the week before and I feel like I've wasted the last three weeks! Need to do something to jump start the loss again but I'm struggling to stay motivated now. Guess I'll just keep at it and hope for more (less!) next week.

For those of us in the northeast, stay safe and warm.
I've lost 4.5lbs in the last 4 weeks, it can be discouraging for sure. I was hoping to be at goal weight for the end of February, but at this rate it won't happen. But I am not going to let that deter me from staying 100% OP I have so many great NSV and inches lost, and it's not all about the scale.

Keep it up! Hopefully you will have a big woosh before your next WI.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #34  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappledawnfarm View Post
So, I bought some ketosis UA test strips. What level should the readings be in for fat loss ketosis? Mine only ever test in the small (5) range
You should never be reading more than trace ketones.

Those ketone strips are not designed for ketogenic diets - they are meant to measure overflow ketones in people with diabetes or kidney issues. Reading high levels of ketones is a sign of a serious medical issue.

When you are on a ketogenic diet, you don't really have overflow ketones - your body is burning ketones for energy.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #35  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

Hello,
I am new to IP I am starting my week 2 and weigh in today and struggled this weekend and was not home enough to eat exactly. Brought most of my food with me, but had lots of temptation all around me. I made it to sunday and then had some pulled pork and some chips with boudian dip and a slice of king cake and I am so mad at myself right now and got an extreme headache last night and stomach ache. I am afraid to go in an weigh in. I also struggled with trying to consume my soup at lunch- first day was not so bad but 6 days of the same broc/cheese soup was awful. I will changing up my foods today. I also have been drinking tons of water and dealing with not being able to go to restroom in 4 days and I wasn't like this until I started IP. I know in the end it will all pay off, but feel stuck, lost and confused.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by larn37 View Post
Hello,
I am new to IP I am starting my week 2 and weigh in today and struggled this weekend and was not home enough to eat exactly. Brought most of my food with me, but had lots of temptation all around me. I made it to sunday and then had some pulled pork and some chips with boudian dip and a slice of king cake and I am so mad at myself right now and got an extreme headache last night and stomach ache. I am afraid to go in an weigh in. I also struggled with trying to consume my soup at lunch- first day was not so bad but 6 days of the same broc/cheese soup was awful. I will changing up my foods today. I also have been drinking tons of water and dealing with not being able to go to restroom in 4 days and I wasn't like this until I started IP. I know in the end it will all pay off, but feel stuck, lost and confused.
Variety definitely helps you get thru each day, change up your lunches. For the bathroom issue you can try a few things, Miralax, Packet of Vitamin C powder or Smooth Move Tea. I also found a Probiotic called Pearl that you can take every day and it helps keep things moving. I also wasn't like that until IP so I know how awful it can feel.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #37  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

larn37 - Don't dwell on what happened. Most of us on IP have had slip ups. It appears your slip up had the same effect it had on many others - it made you feel physically like crap. Don't be afraid to go to your weigh in, own your mistake, learn from it, and push forward. When you go into your clinic you should consider buying multiple week's worth of food so you have variety. I've bought a month at a time before, it made the journey so much easier!

Someone mentioned on another thread about the big C, she said she just drank a bunch of water and soon after she went to the bathroom. Also, a lot of people use the smooth moves tea.

Good luck! You can do this!
Old 01-26-2015, 02:51 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5.2

Hi there everyone. I am a new 'poster' trying not to just be a lurker. I am doing very well being very boring with my food and just coming into my 2nd week of doing IP for the 2nd time. I kept very basic when I did it last year and lost 30 pounds. I had some personal stuff happening and chose to stop the protocol and pick it up when I could be more successful so I am back at it and ready to get to my goal!

I really like the daily post of what people are eating. I am ready to explore a little more and reading the recipe threads. I think I will be able to sustain the program better with some more variety.

We can do this!
Old 01-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187.4/137/140

Height: 5'4"

IrishAnn , have you tried the Listerine Breath Strips. I have them in the cinnamon flavor, and they always help when my mouth feels nasty. There is also a mint flavor, I think.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #40  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
Chin up!!! I see you are reaching onederland. In reading posts through the years, I've seen those that are close to onderland, stall for a little and then a big whooshhh..

You are doing amazing, keep up the good work.
Thanks, momat40! I'm hoping that's the case. I'll be so happy to get to onederland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
ladelineb the numbers are still going down! That is what counts in the long run, right!!?? Hope your next WI is more what you are hoping for!

And all of you struggling with the weather; be safe, keep warm and know that someone in Texas is praying for you!
Thanks, frawniemae, I appreciate it! And you're right, keeping the big picture in mind helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyf2 View Post
I'm sorry you're having a tough time! Are your inches going down? Just keep your chin up and know that ANY loss is a loss. I have heard from IP veterans in my office that there were periods where they plateaued throughout the journey. One person said during those times, she had a small handful of something off limits (I think she said raisins?) and then she started losing again. *I'm not at all telling you to cheat(!!!), but her saying that stuck with me. GOOD LUCK!
Thanks, courtneyf2! My inches are still going down, so that's good. Interesting comment about off limits food. Maybe that's what I was thinking about when I said I wanted to jump start the weight loss. I'm not ready to try that quite yet, but I'll remember it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
ladelineb: Like others have said, journal! Write down everything. Be 'religious' about the plan - no GUM, no CRYSTAL LITE, no DIET SODA - NO NOTHING THAT'S NOT ON AN IP SHEET. I'm serious, this one piece of advice saved me. Also, eat within 30 mins of getting up, eat every 3.5 to 4 hours, choose your IP proteins that are on the low side of calories (90 vs 110) and maybe eat fish instead of red meat for your dinner several days this week. Our bodies are amazing - they know when we're depriving them of food, they know when we are eating without eating (i.e. chewing gum) they will try to hang on to every bit of nutrition and conserve energy. So you need to soldier through and you can do this - WOW can you do this, look at your success to date!! I'm cheering you on, I know you'll move through this.

E
Thanks, ecdcslim! I will be more diligent about tracking everything. I know that I haven't been consistently using 3 packets a day, I'll do that this week and see if it makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
There really isn't anything that you can do to "jump start" losses. Sometimes they are just small. Frustrating, I know, but stay the course, eat the sheet and the losses will happen. Don't give up!
Thanks, catlady1981! I won't give up. Your encouragement helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
I've lost 4.5lbs in the last 4 weeks, it can be discouraging for sure. I was hoping to be at goal weight for the end of February, but at this rate it won't happen. But I am not going to let that deter me from staying 100% OP I have so many great NSV and inches lost, and it's not all about the scale.

Keep it up! Hopefully you will have a big woosh before your next WI.
Thanks, DeterminedDieter! Glad to know I'm not alone. Hopefully we'll both see that whoosh soon! :-)
Old 01-26-2015, 03:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
I am still new to all of this but I don't see how it would be a "cheat". Just count the egg as 2oz of your protein. Maybe cut down on the WF caramel dip a bit if results are still good, just in case! Mix your own "cinnamon sugar" with stevia and the cinnamon. I have found a Stevia brown sugar sub but not too sure if it is IP friendly since is does contain sugar and molasses. A serving size of 1/2 tsp, packed is 10 cal, 2g carbs, 2g sugar but 0g protein.
Does anyone know?
wow, good idea, thanks!
Old 01-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #42  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

happy Monday everyone,

To everyone who's had a slow weight loss or frustrating WI, I lost slowly the whole time and at the at the last 2 months very slowly, maybe half a pound to a pound a week at the most.

It is frustrating but hang in there.

To Iarn37, think of it in terms of gray instead of black and white. This is not all or nothing. Just learn from your mistake and move on. You can do it.

For constipation, IE the big C, consider taking extra magnesium--- that is the only thing that works for me.

I had an intractable case of it. Extra water did not work. Extra greens did not work. Benefiber did not work. Smooth move tea did not work. Probiotics did not work. Vitamin C at 1000mg did not work.

The only thing that worked was adding an additional 750 to 1000 mg magnesium by itself. That worked!! Just be aware that it can cause the opposite problem, IE the big D. Maybe start off with 500 mg extra.

Last edited by murrcat; 01-26-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by larn37 View Post
Hello,
I am so scared to cheat because everyone says you feel like **** but more importantly I am doing this for me so I know if I cheat, I will keep cheating.
Every day is a new day, remember that, you are only human. DO NOT beat yourself up because whats done is done and now you can move forward and start fresh.

I love the broccoli cheese soup, I add salt and steamed broccoli to it and cannot get enough of it. That and Leek soup. I have a different food every day, thats the fun part for me, mixing it up. Try variety, you wonèt get sick of it then. I had the C problem the first week then my coach told me I needed to be eating to big salads a day of the unlimited lettuce because there is not enough fiber in this diet and that made me regular again.

You can do this, when it gets tough come and vent I have been on it for 21 days now and I am enjoying it. I cant complain either because my body is changing and everyone is noticing the difference too.

on a side note: I think my daughters keyboard is French because every time I try to use a quotation mark or that other mark that goes in the word wonèt(haha), it uses a French letter, lol

anyway, hope your week looks up
Old 01-26-2015, 03:31 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

I posted this question in another thread but it might be more appropriate here? On the topic of exercise in Phase 1, which we know should be light in nature (and not for the first few weeks) - walking, yoga, etc. - how much exercise warrants an extra packet? Any/all? At some certain measured point? If you "feel" like you need it?
Old 01-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #45  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
I posted this question in another thread but it might be more appropriate here? On the topic of exercise in Phase 1, which we know should be light in nature (and not for the first few weeks) - walking, yoga, etc. - how much exercise warrants an extra packet? Any/all? At some certain measured point? If you "feel" like you need it?
Any exercise at all. You are only taking in between 600-900 calories per day on Phase 1, and even burning 100 calories doing a light walk can put you in a position where your body may start burning muscle for energy. This also includes if you are going to have a day where you're on your feet much more than normal, doing a lot of housework, etc.
Closed Thread