Old 01-19-2015, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200

Height: 5'2

Question Newbie .. need help with some basic info please:)

Hi All,

New to IP and very excited and nervous at the same time. Today is Day 2 of the diet and I have a question. Is it possible to split up the 8 oz protein between lunch & dinner? I could not get through my entire 8oz of chicken last night and I did not feel very full for lunch with just the IP soup packet. So was curious to see if you guys have tried splitting up the portions and if that stalled/slowed the weight loss.
Also I do see that soy sauce is allowed- how much would be a recommended serving size? I have the low sodium one at home but it does have some sugar in it so was wondering if that would throw me off ketosis

I have been so excited to hear the progress many of you have gone through and I m looking forward to join you guys on this journey!
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Chipper - take time to read through many of the threads here. You'll find great advice on many of the questions you may have. Yes, you can split your protein if you want. Many people do when starting out. As for soy sauce, I use it sparingly. There is an alternative to soy that many people use called Bragg's liquid amino.
sweetvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171.4/162.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
Hi All,

New to IP and very excited and nervous at the same time.
Also I do see that soy sauce is allowed- how much would be a recommended serving size? I have the low sodium one at home but it does have some sugar in it so was wondering if that would throw me off ketosis. I have been so excited to hear the progress many of you have gone through
I use Braggs and just recently got COCONUT AMINOS for some paleo receipes I made. I learned to bypass soy sauce, cuz there's a ton of healthier alternatives.
beachgal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:06 PM   #4  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
Hi All,

New to IP and very excited and nervous at the same time. Today is Day 2 of the diet and I have a question. Is it possible to split up the 8 oz protein between lunch & dinner? I could not get through my entire 8oz of chicken last night and I did not feel very full for lunch with just the IP soup packet. So was curious to see if you guys have tried splitting up the portions and if that stalled/slowed the weight loss.
Also I do see that soy sauce is allowed- how much would be a recommended serving size? I have the low sodium one at home but it does have some sugar in it so was wondering if that would throw me off ketosis

I have been so excited to hear the progress many of you have gone through and I m looking forward to join you guys on this journey!
Along with your IP soup, be sure to have your 2 cups of veggies and have a salad of the unlimited veggies too. I find that adding some or all of my cooked veggies into the soup is a good idea, and another way to fill up is to have 8-16 oz of water before you eat your lunch.

Another option is to substitute one whole egg and 3 egg whites for your IP packet - you may find this to be more filling for you than that packet...

I find that I can have a pretty filling meal by taking the packets and making them into muffins or cookies with shredded veggies added to them and then having a salad of unlimited items to go along with the muffins. Check the recipe listings in the sticky threads or from the links posted in the first page of the Daily Chat thread. Lisa always includes those threads as she launches the daily chat thread, just to make them easy for all of us to access when needed.

hope these tips help - as others have said - you can read thru this sub forum on IP and find a huge store of useful info -- use that first posting on the daily thread as good starting point to gather info or search for answers to your questions.

You are on a journey to success if you just follow the program!!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

I never eat my 8 oz. of protein at one sitting -- too much for me. Not sure how I'm going to handle P2 when I need to have that amount at lunch AND dinner! Welcome and good luck, chipper!
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: (reboot) 294/263/210

Height: 6'-0"

I will be starting up again on Weds. I curious why IP increased the protein. As a meat dominant person when it is not coming out of a packet. The original portion size seemed fine to me.

Last edited by wylothar; 01-26-2015 at 08:31 AM.
wylothar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:31 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylothar View Post
I will be starting up again on Weds. I curious why IP increased the protein. As a meat dominant person when it is not coming out of a packet. The original portion size seemed fine to me.
How long ago were you on IP? I did my first round of Phase 1 in 2012, and it was 8oz (weighed raw) dinner protein then.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: (reboot) 294/263/210

Height: 6'-0"

2010 - Jan 2011 It was actually broken up also on protein sources.
7 oz of fish or seafood or
5 0z of land based protein chicken, beef, pork
wylothar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:20 PM   #9  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

I often split up my protien and have 3-4 ounces on a salad at lunch and the balance of the allowable protein at dinner time. It is all about what works for you.
gs463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
I often split up my protien and have 3-4 ounces on a salad at lunch and the balance of the allowable protein at dinner time. It is all about what works for you.

I always split up my dinner protein as I found it too much at dinner and not enough at lunch. Also, I eat my IP lunch packet between breakfast and lunch. Mainly, because I start getting hungry (or shaky/dizzy) around 10:30.
shasta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:10 AM   #11  

Quote:
I'm not sure the reason why. Perhaps they found more compliance with a little more food. They've also adjusted the egg amount over the last few years and increased macros in some packets, as well.

My friend did ip on the older protocol & I did it on the newer. They both work!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-27-2015 at 05:12 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Yeah they revised the sheets in 2012, and then again last year. You can find the most recent ones on the last page of the FAQ sticky thread if you need them! The unlimited veggies list is a LOT longer than it used to be too!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote