Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #31  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

I'm hoping someone has answers for 2 quick questions. I've tried to search, but didn't find exact answers. If not, I'll check with my coach on Tuesday

1. 8 oz of tofu is A LOT of tofu. Is this the correct amount for a protein serving? (the recipe I'm making only calls for 3oz) If it is, I'll divide the protein amount between lunch and dinner

2. Any word on veggie cheese? I saw it in the store (next to the tofu) and was wondering if it's acceptable

On my unofficial home scale this morning, I'm at my lowest weight in 10 yrs. Hopefully, that will be reflected on the official WI in 48 hours.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbunny View Post
I'm hoping someone has answers for 2 quick questions. I've tried to search, but didn't find exact answers. If not, I'll check with my coach on Tuesday

1. 8 oz of tofu is A LOT of tofu. Is this the correct amount for a protein serving? (the recipe I'm making only calls for 3oz) If it is, I'll divide the protein amount between lunch and dinner

2. Any word on veggie cheese? I saw it in the store (next to the tofu) and was wondering if it's acceptable
Re: Tofu. Yup 8 oz

Re: veggie cheese. It is not on the protocol sheet. Some people have gone off-plan a bit to allow a TBSP of this from time-to-time.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:39 PM   #33  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Thanks Lisa! I knew someone would have the answers!
Old 01-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #34  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,

I was just cruising around the forum and saw these posts. Thought I'd put my two cents in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Have to ask: what's ya'lls fav camping spot(s)! Ours are Lost Maples or Garner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Love Gardner and Lost Maples. Such a beautiful area of TX. We have extended family in Leakey so we typically don't camp in that area since we have family to stay with. We camp quite often at Jim Hogg (Georgetown) and Union Grove (Belton). Have reservations for Bastrop in March. Interested to see how it is fairing since the fires...
I love to camp at Inks Lake State Park near Burnet. I've been going there for years, even since I moved to LA 8 years ago. I still go back for 5-6 days in the summers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
Happy long weekend everyone!
I recently had my second WI and I am down 3.4 lbs which brought me to (drum roll please lol) Onederland! I am so excited and so motivated to continue to stay OP, I feel like I have finally found something that works for me!
Congratulations, Lilaberry! What an accomplishment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I moved through p2 and p3 before moving to p4. I did 2 weeks each. I plan to do that again. To me, there is no rush in including more food choices.!
I, too, stayed on P1 until I hit my goal weight. Then I spent 2 weeks on P2, and 2 weeks on P3 before going to P4. It was a great transition!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 01-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #35  

Height: 5'3"

I feel a bit like I'm returning with my tail between my legs, but here I am, again. I see a bunch of familiar faces from when I did this last year with a ton of weight lost! Congrats, ladies and gents! Unfortunately, I've gained quite a bit of mine back and I have not been on the scale in awhile, so I'm not sure where I will be starting at which is terrifying.

Long story short; I'm back and will be restarting IP later this week. I've been lurking on the forums for a week or so to make sure I can truly do this again. Oddly enough, the main thing that made me sure I can try it again? Rereading some of my old posts. I've done it before and I can do it again, but this time I will go all the way. My order just went through at Nashua and I'll be getting veggies/meats/etc for this week to start strong. Once I start, I'll remove my previous goals and tickers. In a way, it is reaffirming to me to see how much I was able to lose.

I'm looking forward to being back!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:34 PM   #36  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Lilaberry, Congratulations on onederland!

Mimi,
I shifted to P2 within a couple of pounds of goal. My losses had become quite small and mentally I was more than ready to start the transition, knowing that I wanted to do the full four weeks of P2 and P3.
In P2, I lost inches, but only a quarter of a pound. I did P2 for the full 2 weeks, and I am in the first week of P3. I will do it for two weeks and go into P4 at the end of the month.

Now that I'm eating more calories, I've just started some strength exercising. I feel sore but great, and it's nice to be able to exercise without having to eat extra food to avoid bonking.

Everyone, have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:38 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Well Hello IP Peeps! Back after nearly three days of no internet. Urgh, it was brutal but I am happy to report that I have 6 pounds in one week. I def have that familiar metallic taste in my mouth. Does anyone know how to get rid of it, or does it go away at all?
I got my Nashua Nutrition foods, and so far not too bad. The bacon cheese omelet needs some work,too runny. The taste is tolerable but prefer the IP herb and cheese omelet.
Hope everyone is well and has a great week.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Readytolive, welcome back! Of course you can do this, you know how to work the plan. Looking forward to celebrating your successes.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:11 PM   #39  

Height: 5'2

Welcome back readytolive Many of us have returned to "reboot" or finish off what we started. IP works wonders but it won't be a 1 time cure all for everyone. You made the right decision to come back to it before you gained it all back plus some. Checking in here often really helps us all. Hope to see your future posts and progress!

S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I feel a bit like I'm returning with my tail between my legs, but here I am, again. I see a bunch of familiar faces from when I did this last year with a ton of weight lost! Congrats, ladies and gents! Unfortunately, I've gained quite a bit of mine back and I have not been on the scale in awhile, so I'm not sure where I will be starting at which is terrifying.

Long story short; I'm back and will be restarting IP later this week. I've been lurking on the forums for a week or so to make sure I can truly do this again. Oddly enough, the main thing that made me sure I can try it again? Rereading some of my old posts. I've done it before and I can do it again, but this time I will go all the way. My order just went through at Nashua and I'll be getting veggies/meats/etc for this week to start strong. Once I start, I'll remove my previous goals and tickers. In a way, it is reaffirming to me to see how much I was able to lose.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #40  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post

Welcome back!

And I love your signature block quote Ready2Live!!!
"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again."
This is the place to be to 'get rid of that weight'!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-18-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:07 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrcat View Post
Mimi,
I shifted to P2 within a couple of pounds of goal. My losses had become quite small and mentally I was more than ready to start the transition, knowing that I wanted to do the full four weeks of P2 and P3.
In P2, I lost inches, but only a quarter of a pound. I did P2 for the full 2 weeks, and I am in the first week of P3. I will do it for two weeks and go into P4 at the end of the month.

Now that I'm eating more calories, I've just started some strength exercising. I feel sore but great, and it's nice to be able to exercise without having to eat extra food to avoid bonking.
Yes, I want to do the full two weeks on P2 ad P3 as well. Mainly to give myself time to get those P4 recipes and ideas together! By the way, is there a P4 grocery list anywhere on here? I see many of the maintainers using the most interesting ingredients and items -- would love to file those away for when I need them.

So, after P1, you no longer need to have an extra packet or extra egg or anything after a workout?
Old 01-18-2015, 07:50 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 215/169/140

Height: 5'0

I constantly lurk, but figured I'd check in. 3rd weigh in tomorrow - can't wait to see the official number!

I'm also going to try swimming tomorrow. I had started swimming before I begun IP, but wanted to wait until my body adjusted before I kept going with it. I'm going to be SO sore.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:31 PM   #43  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I love to camp at Inks Lake State Park near Burnet. I've been going there for years, even since I moved to LA 8 years ago. I still go back for 5-6 days in the summers.
One of my fav camping stories happened at Inks Lake. Long story short: tent camping in a full park with a cold front coming in. Woke up about 2am to water dripping on our heads and shouts from all around made by people who evidently had not checked the weather prior to coming. Wind gusts of about 40mph, steady rain and temps dropped 30 degrees in about 30 minutes. Finally got back to sleep with a tarp over us inside the tent (kids age 7 and 9 never even moved). Woke up at dawn to an "empty except for one RV" and us campground. Moved to a shelter, wrapped it in plastic and hunkered down for a long cold day. Went to bed at 6pm with forecast of up to 6" of snow. The next morning it had snowed but only about 2-3" and was a beautiful day and we had the whole place to ourselves for the remainder of our 4 "weather perfect" days there!

Last edited by frawniemae; 01-18-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #44  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Yes, I want to do the full two weeks on P2 ad P3 as well. Mainly to give myself time to get those P4 recipes and ideas together! By the way, is there a P4 grocery list anywhere on here? I see many of the maintainers using the most interesting ingredients and items -- would love to file those away for when I need them.

So, after P1, you no longer need to have an extra packet or extra egg or anything after a workout?

Glad to read you will do all of P2 and P3! RE exercise, I think it depends on your body. On P1, whenever I did anything strenuous I had eat something extra, and on some level I still didn't feel quite alright so I've just been walking and going to yoga. I figure that for me, there are enough additional calories in P3 to give strenuous exercise a whirl, while paying attention to how I feel and not overdoing it right away in my excitement to exercise. --I'm sore today--

I haven't seen a grocery list on the maintainer's threads, I've just been observing what people are eating and what their overall strategies are. Maybe someone with more knowledge knows of a grocery list for maintainers?

Readytolive, welcome back----you can do this!

Last edited by murrcat; 01-18-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:42 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

I love Lost Maples, but I DON'T camp. There's a fabulous B&B there.

I've been doing IP since Dec. 1. Started out losing a steady 2 pounds a week. Since the new year, it's slowed to an average of 1. Still going down, though. Have moved from an XL top to M. Much slower on my bottom although I did put on a pair of size 14 CAbi jeans this morning. :-)
Closed Thread