Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Thanks everyone! This is so helpful. I hadn't thought about P1 being easy and that I'll have to expend some mental energy getting the next phases right, especially maintenance. That's something I should think about. This week, I've been in half P1, half P2 (some days I have two real protein meals and skip a packet) and lost 4.4 but I suspect most of that was the water-weight retained from vacation. I think for now I'm going to stick with P1 a little while longer for the convenience, but I won't beat myself up when I ultimately do switch to P2. Glad to hear that so many of you are having success in the later phases! Can you believe how far we've come since November?? Amazing!
Old 05-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quick shout-out to my fellow November gals -- May brings us to our 6th month anniversary on IP! Just wondered how you're all doing. MaPetite -- did you decide to phase off? Are you in the midst of finals now? Kira -- how's maintenance going for you? Hmm, Fluffy, Teags and all others -- how is everyone???

Still plugging along in maintenance over here and doing OK. Weight fluctuates about 3 pounds here and there generally (up to 5 pounds during tom), but has not required drastic measures to make it return to my happy place. I've been doing fun dinners, instead of all-out fun days, as that allows me to share yummy meals out with my family and friends, and I'm just fine and have gotten used to a more simple P2-style lunch (salad with grilled chicken or eggs, etc.) I have allowed the wine back in but think I should try to limit that to weekends only. And I still love my P3 breakfasts each day. So far, this balance is working. I probably should try to up my calories a bit more and see how my metabolism responds (I do get a fair amount of cardio and strength exercise in each week), but I'll do that slowly and mindfully.

Anyway, just wanted to say a quick hello and Happy May. Nice to have a 6-month check-in. Hope you're all well!

Mimi
Old 05-06-2015, 11:10 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

Hey there, been very busy with my courses and work. Doing ok here, how about the rest as Mimi wonders? Is kira off to the beach already? Pics required lol.

I switched to the alternative phase 1, I don't know if you know it. My weight is stuck at 132 lb and just my BFP is dropping. So I will officially phase out when it reaches 20%. My co-workers already call me " chop stick" so I think I am good so far lol.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:14 AM   #364  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

Here is the alternative phase 1 sheet
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase_1___Alternative_Plan.pdf (121.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Hi all! I'm taking a break from writing MY LAST LAW SCHOOL PAPER EVER to check in! I switched to P3 this week and I love it. According to my home scale I may have gained back about .5 lb but I'm really fine with that.

What are others eating for breakfast? I need to get my head around the P3 protocol and then adjust it to be gluten free but in the mean time I've had a few real slices of bread and while I'll regret it later, it's so tasty! I'm going strong at about 42 lbs lost. Not quite at my goal, but with some serious gym time this summer, I'm hoping to shift some of the remaining fat to muscle and stop watching the number on the scale so closely.

I hope you're all doing well! So proud of us for hanging in there together!
Old 05-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #366  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Hi everyone
I hope that all is well.. Sorry I have been so quiet? I am still plugging along on IP but boy has it slowed down!

Congratulations on all of your successes... I am going to try to stay involved her and to be np,ore active if there are still others around.... I would love to lose 20 more and I am going to need 3FC more than ever to get over the finish line!

I hope all is well ladies!
Old 05-13-2015, 08:57 AM   #367  

If your group is getting too quiet, join us on the Daily Chat thread! It is for the whole IP community
Old 05-13-2015, 11:19 AM   #368  

Yes come join us on the Daily chat People check in there daily and you will get your questions answered quickly.

Hmm123 you can do it!

MPChoux ask your question over on the Daily Chat - Congrats on all your successes!

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-14-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:51 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Fluffy, MPC, and hmm -- happy to read about your progress here or on the Daily thread! Fluffy -- so impressed that you're going down to 20% BFP. I think I've settled at 23% but probably OK since I'm nearly 50
Hmm -- keep on keeping' on! I intend to stay plugged in here on the IP forum for a while still, as I do believe maintenance requires at least as much effort as P1. So definitely keep posting and letting us know how you're doing with that last 20!
And MPC -- congrats to you on being nearly finished with law school! Been there done that, and I know what an awesome feeling of accomplishment once you graduate I recently posted on another thread my everyday P3/P4 breakfast, along with its MFP macros (and will post again in a separate entry in case helpful to you). What you may really want to do, however, is to check out the thread on Phase 3 breakfasts -- has a lot of great info in it.

As for me, I'm continuing along happily in maintenance -- most days at about 4 pounds below my original goal weight of 125 (I have since revised that goal weight downward 5 pounds, so that I try to stay between 120 ad 125). I am adding calories back in slowly, watching how the evening carbs impact me, and going to see my endocrinologist in a few weeks to see if thyroid meds need to be adjusted. I continue to workout very regularly and am striving primarily to increase core strength (seem to get in plenty of cardio). IP has been amazing for me, though I feel the need to stay on top of things and remain vigilant in maintenance 4ever My next challenge -- and I may just start a new thread about this -- is how/whether to help DD on her similar journey. Might need some of you young'uns to pipe in....
Old 05-14-2015, 01:42 AM   #370  

Mimi, I love all that you wrote.
I think a conversation about young women could be useful. I do not have a daughter but I work with young people - teens and young adults - in volunteer counseling and seminars - for the last 20 years.
I also have a niece that struggles with body image.
Perhaps it might be helpful to have a kind of Mothers/Fathers and Daughters/Sons threads, or just a young women type thread… not sure how to call it but thought I would chime in to encourage you to trust it if you are pulled.
maybe “young people struggling with body and health” or something like that.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-14-2015 at 01:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:30 PM   #371  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Default 2014 Starters - new thread starting monthly!

The May, June, July, August, September Starters have gathered together as the Summer 2014 Starters for the past several months, and we think we'd like to be more open and invite any 2014 Starters to join us for conversation and support that's pertinent to those of us who have been on IP for 5 months or more.

Of course, like all the 3FC threads, everyone is always welcome to join in on our Summer 2014 thread, but I am posting here today to especially invite the 2014 Starters to join the Summer 2014 gang -- we have a few Winter, Spring and Fall IPeeps who have already made our thread a frequent hang out, and we'd like you all to know you are welcome!

Those of us who started IP in 2014 are at varying stages of diet fatigue, or we're slugging thru the last 10 pounds to reach goal, about to dip toes into phasing off, or actually in P4 and dealing with the challenge of lifestyle change for life. We have found that 3FC IP support has really been a critical success factor for us, and we are thinking that continued support will make a big difference to us in keeping the losses off.

We are inspired by the Oct/Nov 2013 group (O/N 2013) that has continued to hang out together for going on 2 years, and we see their good results in maintenance! If we collaborate, we can create that kind of long term success, too!

Please note - this is not an attempt to divert attention from the IP Community Weekday and Weekend Chats -- those threads are such a good way for all of us to pay it forward for the benefit of newcomers, and to provide general support across the whole IP community - Lisa is so committed to providing leadership in those threads by keeping the initial postings with all the links to resources fresh and informative, and most all of us IPeeps feel it is important to pass along the support we have received there -- it has been invaluable. So don't pass it the IP Community threads up!!!

Most of the 2014 monthly starter threads no longer show up on page 1 of the Ideal Protein sub forum, but we believe there are plenty of you out there still working your journey -- So do look for the new thread of 2014 Starters tomorrow, and come join us!
Closed Thread