Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #151  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

vzubie - It's so nice when the compliments finally start rolling in! It reinforced my dedication to the program when that started happening.

Teags - I wonder if maybe you're slipping a bit now because you've lost some weight and probably feel better now, so you feel less push to lose beyond (even though you want to!) Maybe it would help if you break the rest of your journey into smaller goals. Now that I'm getting closer to my goal I'm starting to set 5 lb goals. I want to get to 165, then I'll strive for 160, and so on until I get where I want to be. It's made it easier for me to stay 100% and not have an extra packet or an extra oz of meat or veg, or worse because I feel like I can get to 165 by my weigh in for next week...but trying to get to 150 well, that could still be another 2 months so it makes those cheats seem like less of a big deal. Just a thought! On another note, with family day coming up, do you have any plans for your long weekend?

The date was cancelled since he got called into work (boo!) we haven't rescheduled anything yet so I guess we'll just see how this one goes.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:57 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Hmm - Oh my, that sounds interesting! I can't believe that Boston has that much snow! It sounds like you are doing awesome at staying on track, I may borrow some of your motivation! I am sure your hubby is sad he can't stay with you in the snow, lol! Motivators to stay focused - US?!? We are rooting for ya, and you don't want to feel like crap like I do!

kimo - I think you may be right, I am feeling better, everyone keeps commenting so now I think it's a free for all to slip up. Anyway, it's a journey and I am committed to finishing it, so I will keep going, no matter what happens on the way. Sorry about your date! Hopefully he will ring you to set something else up.

I don't have plans for the long weekend yet. I am taking a vacation day tomorrow with my hubby and we are going to laze around and watch TV and just hang out. I am looking forward to it, now here's hoping I don't have to work!
Old 02-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

Hmmmm, I'm with you - I can't wait till spring either! I'd say that you have some pretty good motivators listed on your signature. 1 lb to go for your next one! You can do it!

Teags, I think Kimo had a great suggestion. By breaking your goals into small, more manageable ones, the task may not seem so daunting. You have done an amazing job so far and you can do this!
My dizziness is better - still getting it off and on, but not as bad as it was. Perhaps it is still the sinus infection reeking havoc with me. Thanks so much for asking.

Kimo, here's hoping you get a call soon for that make up dinner.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:23 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Kimo - If this guy has any sense, he'll call again

Hmm123 - I'm in Boston too, this snow is ridiculous! There's so much snow in my backyard that the 6 ft fence is just peeking out and there aren't even mounds in the snow anymore to indicate that there's a table and chairs and full size grill buried out there - they're just gone! I completely agree that cabin fever is setting in, and it makes me want some macaroni more than ever.

Vzubie - I've been really lightheaded lately, too. I think it's because I've been sitting for longer stretches of time while we're snowed in, and then I feel dizzy when I hop up, but let me know if you find some other cause. It's getting a little irritating to feel lightheaded whenever I stand up.

Teags - Happy hubby vacation day!

---------------------------------------
Thanks for all the thoughts about my friend's predicament. I suspect that she's just not quite in the right mindset, and that's why she's trying to tweak every aspect of the plan. Unfortunately, she's been doing it since the start so she hasn't had a huge push of motivation from the losses alone, and she somehow got in her head that she should be losing 3/ week so now that she isn't, she sees that as more reason to question IP. I'll try directing to her our coach more often and maintain my advice that IP works if you let it.

That aside, I am not feeling like such a good IP role model for her or anyone this week. Last night, I was craving a chocolate peanut butter cupcake SO BADLY, haha. And I don't ever have cravings! Really. I wanted something chocolate so badly that I ate 3/4 of a chocolate-covered restricted even though I'd already had one for the day, and it didn't even ring the satisfaction bell. After that, I made ravioli for hubs-to-be, and it took everything in my power not to eat one. And I mean EVERYTHING. I really think the snow is making it harder to resist the temptation for comfort foods. Broccoli just isn't cutting it.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:25 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

Teags, don't feel bad about losing willpower cause nobody has endless willpower and fighting against your will eventually uses it up. I remember there was a video about willpower, it suggests that if you create a routine and follow it will reduce the fight you have vs the food, it sort helps to reserve your willpower. Watch it if you can find it on My Ideal Protein, it does make sense. Have your goal weight in mind and that's what you want nothing else!!

Hmm, 5 Feet snow, wow! we just got A LOT of snow yesterday as well, 2 of my co workers couldn't even make to work this morning. When it's cold, people tend to crave more food. If you are afraid that you will fall off the plan, I would suggest clean your house leaving nothing but permitted food lol and I don't think an extra bar or a second cup of coffee is overeating. Hang in there, it has been 3 months and it's getting hard for most of us.

I have been back on the 1 lb a week streak again, I mean it is a bit frustrating but at least I am losing so can't really complain much. I am going to talk to my coach see what might be the reason. Maybe my body is getting used to this diet. I decide to cheat on IP this week with sushi on V-day. It can be my halfway reward I guess. Hope it won't stall the process.

How was the dinner kimo?

Last edited by Fluffeifei; 02-11-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone - started in November too but don't post very often. However Teags comments are resonating with me. I think it is diet fatigue. We are doing so well on the program, but it's become routine and not as exciting. We've proven we have willpower, we need to find the coping mechanisms that have derail us in the past.

I like the idea of mini-goals and daily intentions. Seems to work for me.

As for the snow and cold, I am so done with it, although it looks like we're in for several days of sub-zero temps. Spring can't come soon enough.

Last edited by sweetvt; 02-11-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:08 AM   #157  
Started IP 11/26/2014

vzubie - I'm glad to hear that your dizziness is better! I find myself getting dizzy when I get up sometimes. When it happens, it happens a lot, and then I won't have it for weeks. I wish I knew what caused it. I don't know about you but mine comes and goes pretty fast so I just have to stand there for a second and reground and I'm good.

MaPetiteChoux - omg snow! You guys are getting hammered, I feel so bad for you. Us on the west coast aren't getting anything, I feel bad for the ski hills. You're doing pretty good considering your situation! Don't beat yourself up. I'm not going to lie there are times where I've seriously considered eating an extra restricted due to cravings, usually I go out and do something to forget those cravings so if I was stuck at home...yeah. Hopefully it gets better soon! If you can, a great thing to make for when you're craving sweets is rhubarb with cinnamon and IP maple syrup (or WF). It's like rhubarb pie filling and seems to hit the spot for me when I'm having a craving. I usually just eat cucumber for one of my 2 cups at lunch so then if I need to eat rhubarb I can consider the cucumber as unlimited and if I don't then I consider it select. That might help?

Fluffeifei - I've been doing little losses too. I'm just happy that I'm losing though. Plus I did start going to the gym and they say that will slow losses. How's your fur baby doing?? The dinner was cancelled since he had to work. Hasn't called to reschedule yet, so we'll see if that ever happens. If it's meant to be it will be.

Yesterday was a super cravey day for me. I managed to make it through the day but I definitely felt the diet fatigue. I was originally going to make cupcakes for valentines day tomorrow night so I could bring them into the office Friday but I think I'm going to hold off since I'm not on my game mentally, and having those around I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist. I found myself thinking, do I really need to get to 150? I wish I could just be able to enjoy things in moderation, a glass of wine with dinner would be nice. It's like I had the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. Hopefully today is better. Looks like we're all hitting this at the same time! We WILL push through though!!

Last edited by kimo88; 02-11-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:35 AM   #158  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPetiteChoux View Post
Kimo - If this guy has any sense, he'll call again

Hmm123 - I'm in Boston too, this snow is ridiculous! There's so much snow in my backyard that the 6 ft fence is just peeking out and there aren't even mounds in the snow anymore to indicate that there's a table and chairs and full size grill buried out there - they're just gone! I completely agree that cabin fever is setting in, and it makes me want some macaroni more than ever.

Vzubie - I've been really lightheaded lately, too. I think it's because I've been sitting for longer stretches of time while we're snowed in, and then I feel dizzy when I hop up, but let me know if you find some other cause. It's getting a little irritating to feel lightheaded whenever I stand up.

Teags - Happy hubby vacation day!

---------------------------------------
Thanks for all the thoughts about my friend's predicament. I suspect that she's just not quite in the right mindset, and that's why she's trying to tweak every aspect of the plan. Unfortunately, she's been doing it since the start so she hasn't had a huge push of motivation from the losses alone, and she somehow got in her head that she should be losing 3/ week so now that she isn't, she sees that as more reason to question IP. I'll try directing to her our coach more often and maintain my advice that IP works if you let it.

That aside, I am not feeling like such a good IP role model for her or anyone this week. Last night, I was craving a chocolate peanut butter cupcake SO BADLY, haha. And I don't ever have cravings! Really. I wanted something chocolate so badly that I ate 3/4 of a chocolate-covered restricted even though I'd already had one for the day, and it didn't even ring the satisfaction bell. After that, I made ravioli for hubs-to-be, and it took everything in my power not to eat one. And I mean EVERYTHING. I really think the snow is making it harder to resist the temptation for comfort foods. Broccoli just isn't cutting it.

I can't believe this snow! We live in South Boston where snow parking is completely off the charts. We are lucky to have two parking spaces and as we have 1car, I rent one out to a neighbor. We put our car in a lot so the plows could work as we are at an end in out little lot. Also it is nice not to shovel the car out from 70"+ of snow. Anyway, yesterday I looked out the back door and watched my "parking tenant" shovel all the snow in the spot he rents into my spot! I was furious and sent him a text that I was disappointed and that I am considering not renting to him any more. I was very cranky and he certainly got the brunt of my carb-less crankiness and after an hour of texts I put the phone down and made a lovely shrimp/veggie and miracle noodle dish and after dinner I looked out and guess who was shoveling my spot? Yup, I have officially become " that crazy neighbor"!

Is any one else finding themselves irritated very easily? I realize the snow is making everyone a little crazy but I think that I gave been a bit more irritable sick I started IP....

That said, I am so grateful to all of you for your support and for listening. My friends, family and even my DH don't understand!

Congrats on all of your NSV's and on every ounce and inch that you lost! Cheers!
Old 02-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #159  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Hmm123 - Well, really...who shovels the snow INTO someone else's spot?? That's just a jerk move. I think you were justified in getting upset! Glad he shovelled it out of your spot!
Old 02-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #160  

The Carb-less crankiness made me laugh lol.

Cassy is doing well Kimo. We took her in yesterday to get the bandages removed and now we just need to make sure she does not chew on the stitches! The vet said the legs look fine so that was good. We already spent over 4k on this, really wish there was health care insurance for pets lol
You could be right that exercise caused the slow weight loss, gonna see if the body fat % has a bigger drop.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Hi ladies, just checking in quickly from my vacation day with the hubby. Pleased to say I stayed on track yesterday! Baby steps, I suppose. I have decided that the mentality that seems to work for me is every little bite, lick, or taste is like a 'gateway bite'. I have one jube-jube and it leads to a packet of sugar in my coffee which leads to a bite of sandwich, etc, etc. If I really stop and think "This bite is going to lead to other bites which is going to lead to sabotage" it really helps me stay focused.

Here's hoping I can be strong today!!!

Happy OP hump day ladies, we will be strong together.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #162  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
Hmm123 - Well, really...who shovels the snow INTO someone else's spot?? That's just a jerk move. I think you were justified in getting upset! Glad he shovelled it out of your spot!
As a follow up, I also raised his rent by $20/month! He won't do that again, says the cranky neighbor! Lol
Old 02-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #163  

I just did some research on cheating lol as I have planned to. If some of you plan to cheat a bit on V-day here are some notes.

Do NOT cheat with alcohol. It is the worst you can cheat with.
If you cheat with Carbs, have the same amount of protein to go with it to avoid insulin spike.
Have only unrestricted IP food 3 days following the cheat day.

I know cheating is not allowed in P1 , but personally I find it more like a will power boost to me. It should not be a weekly event though. It could also be the total opposite for others. Try not to, if you do, recover fast.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Hi ladies. I'm bummed out tonight. WI today, and I'm up 0.4, which means I'll miss my down 30 by Valentine's Day goal. Harrumph. All this talk of cheating makes me wonder if I'm hyper-sensitive to anything not 100% OP. I had a cheese cube on Saturday. On Monday I knocked a bag of chocolate chips off of a shelf in the pantry and they split open and went everywhere, so I picked them all up individually and then ate ONE. Now I ask you, how can 1 cheese cube and a single chocolate chip cause me to gain?? I must have been so fixated on that chocolate peanut butter cupcake that I absorbed some phantom carbs or something. Now that I gained anyway, I wish I'd just eaten a real cupcake!! Any of you have this happen? A gain not caused by something substantial and identifiable? I was doing really well all week otherwise. My coach didn't make it much better. When I told her this week was the first time since week 1 that IP felt really hard, she said, "oh really, usually in the third month people are doing really well and they just cruise." Great. Helpful. Glad to know I'm not alone in needing another willpower boost or pep talk...
Old 02-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Ma - just an observation - your smallest losses / gains are every 4 weeks - W4 / W8 / W12...fairly cyclical...any chance its TOM or PMS?

You're already 1/2 way there! Amazing!
Closed Thread