Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #76  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday iPeeps!

Things are moving along well for my 2nd week of IP. I have been OP all week and playing with some recipes to try and avoid boredom. As suggested somewhere on this site I added frozen rhubarb to the Wildberry Yogourt Drink and it is fantastic! Yum! Comes out like soft-serve icecream. I also add minced zucchini and rhubarb to the pancake mix along with some cinnamon and a bit of stevia, so get over the bland taste.

Next WI on Monday. Have a great weekend all!
Old 01-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #77  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh my! I never heard about adding frozen rhubarb to the wildberry yogurt drink! I'm so doing that tomorrow, it sounds fantastic!!
Old 01-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #78  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all,

Just checking in, it's been a rough week but I'm keeping my nose above water. Lots of emotionally challenging stuff this week, major medical issues with both my 21 year old brother in law and my best friend (who is pregnant). Thankful this week that hubby and I are a team in every sense, and we can hold each other up while we wait to see how everything shakes down.

On a positive note, we added a hamster to our family on Sunday and then found out we are in the final stages of adoption approval for a rescue dog Just waiting on scheduling the home visit before we set up transportation (the pup is in North Carolina). So I'm trying to focus on that for now.

Hanging in there, hope everyone has some fun stuff planned for the weekend
Old 01-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #79  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Hey all,

Just checking in, it's been a rough week but I'm keeping my nose above water. Lots of emotionally challenging stuff this week, major medical issues with both my 21 year old brother in law and my best friend (who is pregnant). Thankful this week that hubby and I are a team in every sense, and we can hold each other up while we wait to see how everything shakes down.

On a positive note, we added a hamster to our family on Sunday and then found out we are in the final stages of adoption approval for a rescue dog Just waiting on scheduling the home visit before we set up transportation (the pup is in North Carolina). So I'm trying to focus on that for now.

Sending that everything works out.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:35 PM   #80  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

scorbett so sorry to hear about your struggles. Thank goodness for you hubby. It makes trying times so much better when you have someone to lean on. I'll keep your friend and BIL in my thoughts.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post
Happy Friday iPeeps!

Things are moving along well for my 2nd week of IP. I have been OP all week and playing with some recipes to try and avoid boredom. As suggested somewhere on this site I added frozen rhubarb to the Wildberry Yogourt Drink and it is fantastic! Yum! Comes out like soft-serve icecream. I also add minced zucchini and rhubarb to the pancake mix along with some cinnamon and a bit of stevia, so get over the bland taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
Oh my! I never heard about adding frozen rhubarb to the wildberry yogurt drink! I'm so doing that tomorrow, it sounds fantastic!!
I was excited when I heard people talk about what they are doing with rhubard, but none of the stores carry it here (isolated, remote, end of the road town) and no one I know has any tucked away in their freezer I'll have to stock up once they come back in season here.

Quote:
Hey all,

scorbett sending good thoughts and energy to your family and friends, hoping this get better for everyone. It's great that you and your husband are great support for each other.

Congratulations to the addition(s) to your family.

Thank goodness it's Friday!! Have a great OP weekend everyone
Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #82  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi guys,

scorbett: sending positive thoughts your way, hang in there.

Didn't know rhubarb was on IP?

Just had a cup of Tazo "wild sweet orange" herbal tea - made a whole 16 ozs, yummy! Think it'll be good cold too.

2nd weigh-in tomorrow since my reboot. Weighed myself at home Weds am and I was down 1 lb - yep, this is gonna be slower than the 1st time LOL!. But it's great, I'm spending more time here, reading and learning - thanks for all your contributions.

E
Old 01-16-2015, 02:23 PM   #83  

Rhubarb is listed as a select veggie on the P1 sheet.

on another note:
hmm...thought I started a new daily chat this am.
Oh well...it'll last one more day

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-16-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

I went to red lobster for lunch today and just had the king crab legs with steamed brocolli and green beans. THe waitress brought butter after I asked her not to so I asked her to take it away polietly but she said, she wanted me to keep it incase I wanted it. So I had to tell her nicely that I don't want to be tempted by it but I appreciate her thought, lol

That was HARD to do....
The butter looked sooo good!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #85  
Pro Energy

S/C/G: 230/230/175

Height: 5foot 10 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsach312 View Post
Anyone knows where can we order Pro energy products?
I would go to a clinic and buy it. My coach is fabulous, I don't think it would be the same results without her. From my research on line it is the same price anyway, why not take advantage of the free one on one coaching?

I've already lost 5lbs and I am feeling soooo good. I am really loving this new IP/pro energy program
Old 01-16-2015, 03:33 PM   #86  
Pro Energy

S/C/G: 230/230/175

Height: 5foot 10 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
What is the price of a box at the clinic? I found it online with lo carb grocery for $24 but some boxes only had 5 packs in them. IP is $29.
I pay 23.95 per box. Yes some boxes have less in them like the cereal, but I had it for breakfast with almond milk and I was in heaven!!! I use to pay more for premade vanilla drink(6for 29.40)
Old 01-16-2015, 07:29 PM   #87  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Hey all,

Sorry to hear it's been a rough week but glad you have a good support system in place! Hopefully, things will start to improve. A new puppy might help! As a side note, I totally recommend pet insurance. It's been a life-saver for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Rhubarb is listed as a select veggie on the P1 sheet.

on another note:
hmm...thought I started a new daily chat this am.
Oh well...it'll last one more day
I was wondering if you were okay! You are so reliable to post the daily! Glad all is well

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
I went to red lobster for lunch today and just had the king crab legs with steamed brocolli and green beans. THe waitress brought butter after I asked her not to so I asked her to take it away polietly but she said, she wanted me to keep it incase I wanted it. So I had to tell her nicely that I don't want to be tempted by it but I appreciate her thought, lol

That was HARD to do....
The butter looked sooo good!
Yay! Great willpower!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post
Happy Friday iPeeps!

I keep trying to remember to grab rhubarb at the store. This sounds really delicious!

Happy Friday to all! It's been a really hectic week for me this week. Both my husband and I have had very crazy work schedules. But we are looking forward to a (hopefully) relaxing weekend. Can't wait! I find that it is so much easier for me to stay OP when I'm slammed at work. Does anyone else share that experience? If I am busy, I don't have time to be hungry. Also, I simply HAVE to plan in advance and stick to my plan. There is simply no flexibility for playing it by ear.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #88  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

I have a question about wieght loss and anxiety.

I am nearing 180 days on IP and have lost almost 75 lbs. Late in the fall I noticed that I was feeling pms-y much of the time (and I am way past menopause) -emotional, teary, irritable and anxious. I chalked it up to some family stuff that was stressful at the time. The famiy stuff has not gone away (has actually gotten worse) but in the last week or so I have suffered severe anxiety which is completely out of proportion with the events in my life. I have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, and a couple of times a day I have crying jags, or mild anxiety attacks.

I am wondering if this anxiety might be related to the weight loss and the hormone changes associated with it. I have read some articles on the web and can't seem to find anything definative. I plan to call my primary care doc tomorrow, but I thought I'd throw the question out here to see if anyone else has had this experience.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:23 PM   #89  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
I have a question about wieght loss and anxiety.

I am nearing 180 days on IP and have lost almost 75 lbs. Late in the fall I noticed that I was feeling pms-y much of the time (and I am way past menopause) -emotional, teary, irritable and anxious. I chalked it up to some family stuff that was stressful at the time. The famiy stuff has not gone away (has actually gotten worse) but in the last week or so I have suffered severe anxiety which is completely out of proportion with the events in my life. I have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, and a couple of times a day I have crying jags, or mild anxiety attacks.

I am wondering if this anxiety might be related to the weight loss and the hormone changes associated with it. I have read some articles on the web and can't seem to find anything definative. I plan to call my primary care doc tomorrow, but I thought I'd throw the question out here to see if anyone else has had this experience.
These are signs of depression too. Maybe the family stuff is becoming more overwhelming than you think? Could be a combination of that an IP hormones.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Loser58, tell your doc about your anxiety attacks and ask for some therapy or counseling for them. It isn't abnormal to feel anxiety when there are very stressful situations that you have no control over but that still affect you. You may be feeling trapped with no relief in sight. Therapy can help you control the feelings you have.
Liana
Closed Thread