Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 03:18 PM   #61  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

I keep hearing about fitbit but I don't know what it is. I just looked online and now I want one!!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #62  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good afternoon and thank you everyone!!!

Breakfast definitely tasted great, as well as just like it did before IP--an odd experience! Within 45 minutes or so afterwards, I felt a little groggy, presumably due to the carb increase. I'm hoping that this is just a bit of transition on the back end like there was on the front end and getting used to ketosis.

I've been lurking and posting a little on the maintainers threads. I definitely look to this site and you all for support, ideas and accountability--thank you!

I plan on staying on the site in maintenance to contribute ideas and get help with accountability and so on. Before when I've lost weight, there was that point I reached where I thought, "oh this will be okay. Oh that will be alright." Next thing you know I've ok'd and alrighted 20 pounds of weight gain. That is not happening for me again.

Have a great rest of your day!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:56 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
I keep hearing about fitbit but I don't know what it is. I just looked online and now I want one!!
I want a fitbit too!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Had a business lunch at a Brazilian steakhouse. Good choice overall for me because I ate beef & chicken and hit the salad bar. Skipped the carmalized bananas, mashed potatoes and bread they bring to every table. Said no to the turtle cheesecake the rest of the table ordered, had coffee instead.

One more victory for me!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

OMG Turtle cheesecake!!! That sounds amazing....
Old 01-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #66  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
I also really like the idea that Pro-Energy incorporates exercise as well. I think that's awesome. I wonder if they give you extra calories to make up for this?
You can incorporate exercise into ANY diet, provided you understand the effect ON your body, and are able to accurately gauge how your body is responding to the use of energy resources while on a diet. If Pro-Energy is a private label of HealthSmart and Weight Loss Systems products (and it would be appear to be) then it's just exercising on IP alternatives that many of us already use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
I just read the art and science of low carbohydrate performance and I have to say that reading the science behind being an athlete on a low carb diet was an eye opener. Even after being on IP for so long and reading about keto-adaptation, this book really explained a lot I had not come across in my research. I would definitely recommend!
This is one of the references on the sites that I follow for information on keto fueled athletes, specifically runners. Ultimately, I think it is a longer term extension of IP that I will migrate to - as I really love being ketone fueled. I have SO much more energy and it diminishes considerably slower than carb fueling. I'm going to add that to my Amazon wish list and hope that someone buys it for my birthday soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post
Had a business lunch at a Brazilian steakhouse. Good choice overall for me because I ate beef & chicken and hit the salad bar. Skipped the carmalized bananas, mashed potatoes and bread they bring to every table. Said no to the turtle cheesecake the rest of the table ordered, had coffee instead.

Great choices, well done for staying on plan!

Last edited by Briael; 01-15-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
You want less than 30% calories from fat. You time calories from fat by 3 and as long as it is under the total amount of calories, you are good.

Sometimes calories from fat is not provided. I believe you then have to multiply the fat grams by 7 first? Hopefully someone will correct that if I am wrong.
Fat is 9 calories per gram, you can look at total fat grams x9 for calories from fat, which should be 30% or less of the total calories per serving.
Hope that helps. Clear as mud, right? lol
Old 01-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey all,I am wondering if someone can direct me to an IP soup recipe. I am finding that I am getting home so late that my choices of food isn't the best. No carbs or sweet more like a quick protein.
I find if I can cook ahead over the weekend I can have nutritious meals made ahead of time.
Any IP soups recipies would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-15-2015, 07:08 PM   #69  

Carrie.
Go to the first post of this thread. LOTS of recipe links
Old 01-15-2015, 07:18 PM   #70  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2 View Post
This is my first week on "alternatives", I had chosen a clinic that was IP and they just switched from IP to Pro Energy. Since I had done so much research on IP I decided to look at the Protein and Calories comparisons. The Protein on a couple of items I purchased from Pro Energy are 3g less (at 12g) of Protein and 10cal more than the comparable IP Item. I am sure each item varies to even out.
I am going in the; I'm on an Alternative method. Unfortunately duties on Nashua Nutrition for me to ship to Canada makes staying at a clinic the same price. I am slowly going to find cheaper alternatives however I will stay at the clinic until I feel conformable enough with myself.
Someone in Quebec ordered from nashua and asked them to write meal replacement on the shipping label. NO duties. But with the $ exchange you may nit find you save money. I ordered protidiet products from Nourish Studios in Simcoe, ON. Look on the canada Thread. It is less than half the price of IP.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrcat View Post
Some NSV to report: Today is my last day of P2 and also my WI. Lost just a 1/4 pound over two weeks, but lost 1/2 inch from both waist and hips and 1/4 inch on thighs. So I'll take it! Last weekend bought a pair of size 6 skinny jeans. What-- am I high? Nope, they fit.

Congrats Murrcat!! Size 6 is a beautiful size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post

Good going! I also love going out to steakhouses on IP. I feel pretty "normal" at the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

This is one of the references on the sites that I follow for information on keto fueled athletes, specifically runners. Ultimately, I think it is a longer term extension of IP that I will migrate to - as I really love being ketone fueled. I have SO much more energy and it diminishes considerably slower than carb fueling. I'm going to add that to my Amazon wish list and hope that someone buys it for my birthday soon!

Briael, would you share those websites you mentioned?

thank you in advance!

Last edited by Blueskies2; 01-15-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #72  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyplease View Post
I was on Ideal Protein (off and on for the last few years) I went back to Daysha's Wellness Clinic because I love the service I get there, and was shocked to see she no longer carries IP. She has a program called Pro Energy. I have tried a couple things so far and I really like the food. I really liked that it is less expensive too. It will be different because I will have to start exercising, which is good because I have become a couch potato thanks to IP. I will keep you posted on how my weight loss goes. Fingers crossed

Has anyone else heard anything about this program?
What is the price of a box at the clinic? I found it online with lo carb grocery for $24 but some boxes only had 5 packs in them. IP is $29.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:08 PM   #73  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskies2

Briael, would you share those websites you mentioned?
Run Keto

Bodybuilding

The Runner's High

Tribe Sports

Sock Doc

Peter Attia's Eating Academy

NuSi

There are probably more kicking around, but my desktop icons are a mess. If I come across anything else that's juicy, I'll post it.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:25 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Thank you for the keto info!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #75  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

This thread is moving down pretty far so I just thought I would bump! Hope everyone is having a great Friday!
Closed Thread