Old 02-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Although being P1 forever isn't really sustainable, it CERTAINLY is sustainable to stay low carb, just adding fats instead of starches. Ketogenic diets work well for many things and seizure activity is one of them.

Much luck to you!
This is what I was thinking Lisa - I am trying to figure out what my # of carbs to stay under daily should be.....
SallyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
This is what I was thinking Lisa - I am trying to figure out what my # of carbs to stay under daily should be.....
IP's number is 40 grams, though most keto forums suggest up to 50g should be fine for most people. (And that's net carbs, so fiber doesn't count.)

Individuals vary, so that's just a guideline, of course.
the_magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:00 PM   #18  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Thanks for sharing your update! I didn't have any suggestions or insightful thoughts when you first posted, but I was interested in what others suggested. So glad to hear they found what's wrong and you found a way to help it all on your own!
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #19  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Sally - Good to know you have a answer and can manage this with diet and medication!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
IP's number is 40 grams, though most keto forums suggest up to 50g should be fine for most people. (And that's net carbs, so fiber doesn't count.)

Individuals vary, so that's just a guideline, of course.
Thanks so much for this!

Thank you to everyone that responded - I am so happy to have figured this all out - I have been going through this for quit some time (probably 2 years) so very content to have a solution!
SallyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #21  

Quote:
You may need to do some exploring. From my reading, 50-100 net g carbs/day, individualized to you. What you WON'T be limiting in maintenance is the fat to remain ketogenic.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-27-2015 at 11:40 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Ok - saw the Neurologist, I was sent for an EEG and called today to come in to go over EEG results with the Dr. I have Complex Partial Epilepsy and will start medicine immediately. She also told me to go low carb - IP P1 is perfect for me (obviously controlled my seizure activity) but that is obviously not recommended forever!

Thanks for listening to my issues - just wanted to let those of you know what my outcome was!
Thanks for letting us know. Not surprised that was the diagnosis. Too bad about the low carb option. My niece along with the epilepsy has a metabolic disorder than renders her allergic to protien so her diet is basically carbs. She lives on potato salad, coleslaw and potato chips. No wonder they have trouble regulating her.
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo View Post
Thanks for letting us know. Not surprised that was the diagnosis. Too bad about the low carb option. My niece along with the epilepsy has a metabolic disorder than renders her allergic to protien so her diet is basically carbs. She lives on potato salad, coleslaw and potato chips. No wonder they have trouble regulating her.
Yikes, Largo! Too bad your niece can't live on some 'healthier' carbs and fats like fresh veggies and fruit, avocados, olives, some nuts like cashews or almonds. Things that are a little less processed and full of nutrients too. Poor thing!
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote